Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Darren Styles-Save Me Video

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Gav001 The vid has been posted on AATW

http://www.aatw.com/video.php?id=86591141

i was a bit dissappointed to start off cause they only posted a shitty slow version but i messed about for a while with the Source Code off the website and found the hardcore version

http://www.aatw.com/flash/aatwplayer.swf?movielink=DarrenStyles-SaveMe(Fast)

enjoy :) now which version will they actually release.....why made slow and fast version :S
jenks Looks like the commercial release is going to be the slow one after all...

*edit*

Just watched it and that is the ****ing gayest thing I've ever seen in my life, he's going to get ripped for this crap!
HARRIBO it looks as if someone is pleasuring him during the entire vid
wong the hardcore version wont work for me for sum strange reason
Gav001 Yeah sorri for some reason when u click it it takes away the last ) add a ) to the end of 'Fast' and it shud load up :)
dj switchback
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Looks like the commercial release is going to be the slow one after all...

*edit*

Just watched it and that is the ****ing gayest thing I've ever seen in my life, he's going to get ripped for this crap!

Who from?. Some fannies on the internet? Cause he'll be bothered won't he. Has by far made the best living out of any hardcdore DJ on the circuit just now. And you'd do the ****in' same giving the chance,so bite your tongue heh.

XenatR oh.. my.. god..

that video is so ****ing wrong.

so much like those people falling out of the world trade centre to escape the overbearing heat.

call me conservative, but thats just shocking...
Gav001 XenatR.....

wow...............just..........wow......

i really dont understand just cause he's falling from a building u have to bring up Sep 11th......that is really really really stupid!
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Looks like the commercial release is going to be the slow one after all...

*edit*

Who from?. Some fannies on the internet? Cause he'll be bothered won't he. Has by far made the best living out of any hardcdore DJ on the circuit just now. And you'd do the ****in' same giving the chance,so bite your tongue heh.

That's a nice little rant you've got there. Did I actually slate him for his success? Did I say he'd be bothered by the slating he'll get? No, maybe you should bite your ****ing tongue mate before you start jumping to conclusions.

Oh and no, if I were as successful as Styles then theres no way you'd see me in a video like that, fair enough if he's OK with it, he might even like the vid, personally I'd rather be without the extra cash, but if he thinks the juice is worth the squeeze then fair play to him.
XenatR because it was such a small inconsequential event, that of course it wouldnt be the 1st thing in my head after watching it

mongoloid

that was a very distasteful video
CrushOnHardcore He's wearing all stars haha :D
Video should fit better to 'skydivin' i guess.
Xenochrome Mr Styles should stay behind the mixing desk where he belongs. He has exceptional production skills and is a pretty solid DJ, but he can't sing worth a shit.

That down tempo version is a joke.
A1D9A8M7 Not impressed personally, half assed job, why hardcore isn't pop probs..
Pope C XXIII Wow.

Jesus just blew his brains out with a 12 gauge because of that.

At least the downtempo version.
Bidd Haha What the hell was that downtempo version all about. The backing music was the same type of crap that Orange plays as backing music when you are waiting on hold for half an hour on the phone. The video, although I don't think its distasteful, as his "falling" is all metphorical blah blah hence the title "Save Me". Well considering it looked like it was put together by AS - Level media studies students the night before they had to hand in their courseowork, I have to say its appalingly bad on every single level. The only upside is that they probably managed to spend less than £50 on it.

Besides that I think Save Me is a very good song, and deservedly earns its right as "Song of the year award" (it did win this didn't it?) because it has such mass appeal as its simple, yet effective. I hope it does well because I would be a compete twat in wanting someone to fail
Charco That man has some serious talent!!

I'm sitting on the fence with regards to the 'it's shite' and 'it's not'.

The video could have been a bit better but the songs were great.

Slow one- definitely not to my taste...But it's something you could see thousands of people driving to work listening to.

That is going to get him recognised by a whole new audience and opens endless doors for his production work...not just in the dance scene.

IF someone came to me saying 'I like your song- but want to slow it down and change it to suit a different generation/ audience..." I'd jump at the chance.

It's been said before that hardcore isn't the easiest genre to make money from....and for the effort and time that goes into each song---It's well worth making every penny from it.

I don't think that any DJ should stick to any one genre and not venture out a bit...any progress is still progress.

anyway, that's all just my opinion....make of it what you will.

Edit: And as for the video being distasteful...that's just simply wrong...and stupid. not everything is out to interpret to reflect on events from the past...there are so many examples that I could use but not going to waste my time.
ihaveduff
quote:
Originally posted by Charco:
That man has some serious talent!!

Slow one- definitely not to my taste...But it's something you could see thousands of people driving to work listening to.

That is going to get him recognised by a whole new audience and opens endless doors for his production work...not just in the dance scene.

IF someone came to me saying 'I like your song- but want to slow it down and change it to suit a different generation/ audience..." I'd jump at the chance.

It's been said before that hardcore isn't the easiest genre to make money from....and for the effort and time that goes into each song---It's well worth making every penny from it.

I don't think that any DJ should stick to any one genre and not venture out a bit...any progress is still progress.

Edit: And as for the video being distasteful...that's just simply wrong...and stupid. not everything is out to interpret to reflect on events from the past...there are so many examples that I could use but not going to waste my time.

agreed

and as for the "distasteful" video because of the Sept 11th? isn't it time people moved on from it? its over 5 years ago, and its long in the past to me personally. I can admit that it will upset some people who have loved ones who did pass on as a result of the event, yet the majority of people out there most likely would have moved on with their lives. Millions of people still get the tube without any remorse after the London bombings, so why should this be any different?
DJBrownout omfg so lame LOL. the slow version made me laugh and the fast one was ok when the beat picked up. but jesus christ could it get a little gayer?
ihaveduff
quote:
Originally posted by DJBrownout:
omfg so lame LOL. the slow version made me laugh and the fast one was ok when the beat picked up. but jesus christ could it get a little gayer?

he could have had a male "skydiving instructor" strapped to his back...
charlieee
quote:
Originally posted by ihaveduff:
quote:
Originally posted by DJBrownout:
omfg so lame LOL. the slow version made me laugh and the fast one was ok when the beat picked up. but jesus christ could it get a little gayer?

he could have had a male "skydiving instructor" strapped to his back...

ROTFL thats gold!!!

nice find man btw
Crazyzarc Yeah its just wrong on many levels... the falling is O.o...
immortal Well I have yet to but a track because of the video, which, in this case, is lucky. lets face it, there wouldn't have been a massive production budget, so it was never going to be amazing.
Still the tune is an awesome one. And i really hope it does well.
whittle1 I thought that they were releasing the hardcore version too? :(
Da Cunney Bugz poo
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Charco:
That man has some serious talent!!

Said it all right there.
this-is-bonkers that was AWSOME but your right it does look like hes being pleasured through out it LOL...
GREGGYHTID13 to be fair if he looks gay and ends up with a bird like that at the end of the video then fair play to him. quality tune and i hope it does well, could use that video aswell if he ever releases the vocal version of skydivin
yaddam205 RESPECT

Shame.
djDMS Don't understand the fuss TBH.

Totally up to him how he makes a living, and i don't blame him one bit for trying to make the most out of his talents.

Haven't heard any of the other remixes yet so i'll reserve judgement on the quality of the tune until then. I might like it, or i might not - either way you won't be seeing any posts from me saying 'OMFG, DIS IZ DA END OF ARDCORE!!!!!!!1!!!!!111!!!'

Look at it this way, if Styles carries on down the more commercial route there are a fair few people who'll love his tunes and buy them - whether that's the lighter side of Hardcore, or the poppy dance stuff.

On the other hand, if he listened to all the doom merchants and changed to making the stuff that they want, he'd get loads of positive comments - but would sell chuff all!

BTW, anybody else notice that the version on the video would have been pretty much full speed with a beat behind it? Maybe there's hope for the Hardcore version yet....
Samination hahahahahah... sorry, i dont know if anyone said this, but...

I just watched the 'fast' version and noticed that Darren can't even mime properly :P (Is he shy?), and why in hell did I think of Enrique Inglesias when I saw him falling?
Phobz I hate music videos anyway, but this as just put me off for life...

Even if Styles was to go to any other genre and give up hardcore don't you think the guy as given his fair share. I mean who would really pass up such a big opportunity. I know most people wouldn't.
Dj Esi i think this is going to be the biggest release to ever hit hardcore

i think were gonna get more people in to the scene through this and its going to boost darren styles career emensly because of this
pretty green eyes
and
elysium

were good but this is gonna blow them away
olliesteward04 i love the fact that save me will be released as a single.

its a catchy song.
Im not a fan of music videos so im not gonna comment on that, but in terms of hardcore of chillout version release.....chillout version will make people turn radio stations in my opinion. The hardcore version is good as the build ups tp the tune rule. however whenever i listen to 'save me' i always expect it to mix into 'Re-Con - Pull Over' from clubland xtreme 2 CD1 (styles mix). lol.

Good luck Styles
Samination Force & Styles ft Lisa Abbott - Make Believe
Force & Styles ft MC Junior - Look at Me Now

2 tracks imo that would be better as "biggest ever release to hit hardcore"

to be honest, I've always find Male vocals in hardcore extrmely gay, this is the main reason why I only like Look at Me Now and Pleasure & Pain (but then Pleasure & Pain is a jungle track)
95_was_the_time and now for my comment,

shit music
shit person
shit video!!
Xenochrome Yet again you make yourself out to be a complete idiot by finding the most ignorant way possible to convey your personal opinion.

Nicely done. You're nothing if not consistent.
95_was_the_time ok Xenochrome but you just said this....

quote:
Originally posted by Xenochrome:He has exceptional production skills

if you think that, how come I, and most people here think his music is softcore shit for girls and gays?

all my tunes (including my very old ones) are much better than darren's shit he doesn't even desearve all that ****ing £$£$£$£ for the crap he makes. look what I've got, a shitty small bedroom with a pentium3 computer, cheap hifi speakers, and some free software, a few vstis, that's it. he's probably spent x amount of £££ on top end gear and makes this SHIT!

the raverbaby sound of hardcore is DEAD, we know that! move on! it's time for hardcorebreaks. and whilst I am still here I'll just mention that I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks. I'm just telling the truth.

hardcore - keep it underground please.
Xenochrome
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
if you think that, how come I, and most people here think his music is softcore shit for girls and gays?

If you had actually read the post, you would have seen that I never said that I like his music. In fact, I don't care for it at all.

I do give him respect for clean and solid production skills, which he has always had.

You keep harping about all of the great tunes that you have made, but I have yet to hear one.

It's always funny to me that you and I are usually in agreement over such matters. The problem is that you just don't seem capable of expressing your opinions without insulting or attacking others.

FFS, just grow up already.
ihaveduff 95_was_the_time. The raverbaby sound may the scourge of your life, but at least learn to tolerate that there is a rather large percentage of people that you piss off when you bag them out. I do agree that the raverbaby sound is getting abit long in the tooth, but there's plenty of other labels/producers out there that are bringing out some good stuff, including your much loved hardcore breaks. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Rather simple isn't it? I don't care much for Rap/Hip Hop/RnB, take a guess what i do! i don't listen to it, even though its played across the radio. I don't go onto forums of people who like that style of music and bag it out, and basically shoot my mouth off with my opinions, mainly because you only ever succeed in making yourself look foolish, which have done here rather successfully.
jenks
quote:

Perhaps you're sexually insecure, but the rest of us can enjoy quality music no matter who is singing without feeling the need to kiss boys...

quote:
all my tunes (including my very old ones) are much better than darren's shit

Examples, please.

quote:
he doesn't even desearve all that ****ing £$£$£$£ for the crap he makes.

Because you say so?

quote:
look what I've got, a shitty small bedroom with a pentium3 computer, cheap hifi speakers, and some free software, a few vstis, that's it. he's probably spent x amount of £££ on top end gear and makes this SHIT!

Well his shit seems to entertain alot more people than yours, why is that exactly?

quote:
the raverbaby sound of hardcore is DEAD,

So why do so many people listen to it? (Some who were actually raving in 95 unlike yourself)

quote:
we know that!

You think that.

quote:

move on! it's time for hardcorebreaks.

Prove it.

quote:
and whilst I am still here I'll just mention that I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks.

So why enter a discussion at all?

quote:

I'm just telling the truth.

I suggest you research the difference between a fact an opinion, it may help you in life.

quote:

Why?

bLOODY_dAN wow.....that song sucks.
nailbiter
quote:
ok Xenochrome but you just said this....

quote:

all my tunes (including my very old ones) are much better than darren's shit he doesn't even desearve all that ****ing £$£$£$£ for the crap he makes. look what I've got, a shitty small bedroom with a pentium3 computer, cheap hifi speakers, and some free software, a few vstis, that's it. he's probably spent x amount of £££ on top end gear and makes this SHIT!

the raverbaby sound of hardcore is DEAD, we know that! move on! it's time for hardcorebreaks. and whilst I am still here I'll just mention that I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks. I'm just telling the truth.

Hahahahaha. I'm so glad you're back '95. It's wankers like you that make the internet entertaining. I REAAAAALLLY wanna her your tracks too. Would be as funny as your posts.

Project-Industrial
quote:
ok Xenochrome but you just said this....

quote:

wtf do you think your doin on here.. keep fokin on about the music ok this video is fookin gay indeed but i like the track ... and hardcore breaks?? the hell go listen sun DnB if ya want breaks.. if all you do is complaining bout happy hardcore and stuff then just stfu.. your annoyin me.. <_<
this-is-bonkers wait for it know, once we ask his for his so called track that are apprently the best thing to hit hardcore (or not) he'll dissapear again sayign hes more mature LIKE SHIT HE IS!...

cummon 95 ya ****ing prick show us what ya go, try and earn your respect back with these so called tracks...

"XenatR oh.. my.. god..

that video is so ****ing wrong.

so much like those people falling out of the world trade centre to escape the overbearing heat.

call me conservative, but thats just shocking... "

jeese not ANOTHER 911 BUMMER...GET OVER IT!!!
DiGiC Its took me a few days to get the effort up to watch the videos and I gotta say I really wasn't suprised how cheezy both were (remeber those other vids for 'We're In Heaven' and 'Heartbeats'?)

Listen to the slow version ontop of a gay chatline advert with the TV muted, I need say no more...

The 'fast' version was just same old, could've modied the video to suit the tempo a lil better.

Personally 'shave me' has been my least favorite track of the year besides that duckin cascada hardcore mix. U R my Phantasy should've been record of the year IMO...

I think its a shame a decent hardcore DJ is bein roped into main stream shamebles :(
Keith25 [quote]

exactly how old are you? for girls and gays?
and '95 was the time' you were 10 year old what do you know.

and to everybody else who's ripping him for this IF YOU CAN DO ANY BETTER LETS HEAR IT.

Nick-L- very disappointing video

i was expectin just a vid of a rave for the hardcore version, would of suited it alot better
Dj Esi
quote:
Originally posted by Keith25:

and to everybody else who's ripping him for this IF YOU CAN DO ANY BETTER LETS HEAR IT.

*applaudes*
Underloop
quote:
Originally posted by Nick-L-:
very disappointing video

i was expectin just a vid of a rave for the hardcore version, would of suited it alot better

Yeah, but its a bit of a cliche though? Mind you saying that......
Pope C XXIII
quote:
Originally posted by Keith25:

Please don't use this argument. It doesn't make a bit of sense. One doesn't have to be an expert talent at something to critique others. My hardcore tunes are decent at best. I hold no illusions about that. My technical skills are also far inferior to those of Styles. However, I know when a tune isn't good. His stuff isn't all that original, and it carries no impact, or at least to me. The same goes of any critic in a newspaper or magazine. You don't have to be Gordon Ramsay to tell that the mashed potatoes taste like grease and paste at some restaurant. You don't have to be Allen Ginsberg to say that some kid's livejournal has terrible poetry on it. And you don't have to be Scott Brown to say that Styles isn't all that.
Not to say that I think the "it's for chicks and homos" argument is even mildly valid-ish, but nonsense doesn't counter nonsense.

DiGiC
quote:
Originally posted by Pope C XXIII:
And you don't have to be Scott Brown to say that Styles isn't all that.
Not to say that I think the "it's for chicks and homos" argument is even mildly valid-ish, but nonsense doesn't counter nonsense.

Amen to that!
lilmissminx all i got to say is goddamn that girl in the video what a whore!
im sure shes nice in person well if hes gonna make loads of cash out of it do it i know i would
Gav001
quote:
Originally posted by lilmissminx:
all i got to say is goddamn that girl in the video what a whore!
im sure shes nice in person well if hes gonna make loads of cash out of it do it i know i would

huh......nothing in that vid would make her a whore! maybe if she was dancin around half naked maybe, but all u see is her face! Ugly.....yeah but a whore.....no!

ihaveduff
quote:

somebodys jealous
nailbiter
quote:
Originally posted by ihaveduff:
quote:

somebodys jealous

Yeah. In my experience chicks usually call other chicks whores when they're stealing all the attention :)

DarrenJ the slow version, is alot more emotional and makes me sad
ericmdaily i love the song (the hardcore version not the emotional slowed down version)
i think the video could have been done alot better though, i was dissappointed by how repetitive
music videos and hardcore dont really mix in my opinion

It took 2.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page