Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Darwin - Mar 07 Clips & General Information

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay Soooooo, whilst visibly quite quiet, behind the scenes much has been going on.....

First, a few clips:

Darwin feat Donna - Every Day ( RFU )

Darwin - Takes You Back ( RFU )

Darwin - Floor Damage ( Notorious Vinyl )

Darwin - All the Time ( RFU )

CLSM feat Niki Mak - Release Me ( Darwin remix ) ( CLSM )

Mauro Picotto - Iguana (Darwin Remix)

Tip of the iceberg. ;)

His "Hardcore Underground 2" mix is nearly ready to go, and in my entirely biased opinion it is fantastic. Much as was the case last year, expect Darwin to appear on various album projects as both producer and DJ....

Somewhat excitingly, Darwin has been appointed "Resident Engineer" and "Stable Collaborator" for Notorious Vinyl by the venerable and wise DJ Marc Smith. Their first collaboration is nearly complete, and I sense it will gracefully usher in a new era of notoriety for them both. Hah!

Anyone with even a passing interest in hardcore should be very excited by the prospect of Ravers Reunited this weekend ( http://www.ravers-reunited.co.uk ) not least because Sharkey will be playing his first ever b2b set w/ Darwin. Obie will be on the mic, and if you hunt down his myspace page you'll be treated to even more clips.

Feedback, as always, massively appreciated!

CDJay
bulby_g Darwin & Mark Smith!? Will keep an eye out on that.

Will check the clips out when I get home :)
Orbit1 darwin makes me rush.
CrushOnHardcore without a doubt darwin is the best producer/dj atm

edit: takes you back, what an ace track, well done darwin!
Fishy Omg Takes You Back & All the Time :D ****ing best
bulby_g WOW! Clips are sounding sweet as.

Release Me
All the Time
Every day

'kin awesome.
HARRIBO release me is already for sale on clsms website
e-lucid Wicked tunes, so does that mean that Darwin's mix is on his own for HU2 or with someone else?
Samination Darwin and Marc Smith? well let's hope it doesnt get to breakbeaty :P
Mortis All the time & Takes me Back are great, and that remix of Pure Love is amazing.

Great news about Darwin's future too, hope it keeps getting better for him, it's about time
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
Darwin and Marc Smith? well let's hope it doesnt get to breakbeaty :P

What?? there should be breakbeats all the time
Meph751 oh my god that iguana remix is AMAZING
phewcharyztik
quote:
Originally posted by Meph751:
oh my god that iguana remix is AMAZING

I'll second that.
Leto Dougal and Gammer wish they could have this much musical talent!! GO DARWIN, this fookin' rocks!!!

I love the All The Time vocal, and hearing it with Darwin production makes me moist.

Old school flava mixed with techy hardcore elements...this shit is the new shit...:D:D:D:D

WICKED STUFF!!!!
CDJay and yet he wasn't in any of your dream producer combos. I know for a fact he cried himself to sleep! :(

;)

Glad you like guys. I particuarly love All the Time and Takes You Back coz they have some real early hardcore influences in. Just my kinda thing :D

Darwin and Marc Smith will be a truly lethal combination. I fear for dancfloors and sound systems.

CDJay
Leto
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
and yet he wasn't in any of your dream producer combos. I know for a fact he cried himself to sleep! :(

;)

Glad you like guys. I particuarly love All the Time and Takes You Back coz they have some real early hardcore influences in. Just my kinda thing :D

Darwin and Marc Smith will be a truly lethal combination. I fear for dancfloors and sound systems.

CDJay

That's because he's best by himself, he run tingz.

Although... Darwin & Kurt would be sweet or Darwin & Stormtrooper, or Darwin & Orbit1 or Darwin & Luna C...:D

sunrize darwin IS the man.
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by Joren:
without a doubt darwin is the best producer/dj atm

edit: takes you back, what an ace track, well done darwin!

I don't think Darwin actually knows how to make a crap tune - really I don't.

Takes you back is just beyond words. When I can think of some then I'll post them, but I'm sitting here gob-smacked and grinning like an idiot - and I haven't heard a tune in over ten years that has made me do that.

Pianos, breakbeats and cheeky vox = yes yes!

Meph751 darwin & trooper would be epic
Orbit1
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
Although... Darwin & Kurt would be sweet or Darwin & Stormtrooper, or Darwin & Orbit1 or Darwin & Luna C...:D

Thats one collab I am very excited about!!
Brian K enjoy most all of those clips...I'm a sucker for those old piano riffs.

notorious hasn't had a bad release yet and with darwin on it I doubt they will have any
Fishy God I need these tracks, Darwin ****ing owns, especially the piano ones.. Makes me euphoric
Chris B
quote:
Darwin - Takes You Back ( RFU )

Darwin - Floor Damage ( Notorious Vinyl )

Those two are excellent, definitely something i'd like to hear out

quote:
Darwin - All the Time ( RFU )

That one sounded really promising, but i didnt like the main trancy lead at the drop

Pleasantly surprised with the top two though, never heard any Darwin stuff i liked in the mixes put up before but there excellent.

Gotta lotta time for Marc Smiths stuff so will keep an eye out on the new ones, definitely potential for some stormers to be made
katrinar50 Darwin & Orbit1

That would be nice!!!!
CDJay It'll happen real soon, Orbit1 is in the UK nad he shall obey ;)

CDJay
No Left Turn That clip of "Every Day" is like magic converted to a 96kbps .mp3. I love it!
Mortis
quote:
Orbit1 is in the UK

Keul, Sam should come visit the Mortis

The Doc floor damage is the one that does it for me! from the clip I think thats spot on! the others are interesting aswell but I still get that polished vibe about them! rellly would like some randomeness back into UK hardcore sounds! would love a few tracks that have the unexpected rather than the formula!
I do think though that in the next 12 months hardcore might finally start to get rid of its trance sounds and go back to its original roots!
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
the others are interesting aswell but I still get that polished vibe about them!

Agree totally with that, is a good few ideas and i like the tracks i said earlier for what they are. But it does still have "that" sound which loads love and puts me off a bit.

I remember reading loadsa posts on here and other sites a while ago as if the RFU stuff was a new form of hardcore, then when hearing it wasnt much different.

But respect where its due, thats other people hyping it up not himself, and those tracks i pointed out i think are very good

quote:
I do think though that in the next 12 months hardcore might finally start to get rid of its trance sounds and go back to its original roots!

Nah doubt it mate things have changed, equipment used to make tracks has changed and whats popular has changed. Same everywhere there still is some kickin hardcore about, jus check phuturerave and sector-1 goin from link to link is always good stuff about. Myself am finding im more and more into speedcore new and old, is a knightmare to mix when your shit like me but some tunes are killer.

The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
quote:
the others are interesting aswell but I still get that polished vibe about them!

Agree totally with that, is a good few ideas and i like the tracks i said earlier for what they are. But it does still have "that" sound which loads love and puts me off a bit.

I remember reading loadsa posts on here and other sites a while ago as if the RFU stuff was a new form of hardcore, then when hearing it wasnt much different.

But respect where its due, thats other people hyping it up not himself, and those tracks i pointed out i think are very good

quote:

Nah doubt it mate things have changed, equipment used to make tracks has changed and whats popular has changed. Same everywhere there still is some kickin hardcore about, jus check phuturerave and sector-1 goin from link to link is always good stuff about. Myself am finding im more and more into speedcore new and old, is a knightmare to mix when your shit like me but some tunes are killer.

chris! I wasn't on about the world wide scene, just the UK stuff, and you will still get the raverbaby stuff ect carrying on with the same trance thing for a while, but I think other DJ's are going back in time to get the sounds and then using newer production! (Darwin ect) And BTW let me know when you've done a speedcore mix! would love to here it good or bad!

Chris B
quote:
chris! I wasn't on about the world wide scene, just the UK stuff,

ahh get you mate

quote:
and you will still get the raverbaby stuff ect carrying on with the same trance thing for a while, but I think other DJ's are going back in time to get the sounds and then using newer production! (Darwin ect)

Never no chuck us a link to anything you think i might like, i like the hardcorebreaks stuff which is kinda using old sounds with newer equipment.

Heard a wee bit of new bouncy techno but just dunno if it's popular enough to get vinyl released, infact im pretty positive its not or it would be.

People like Majestik, Devastate and a couple lads from ireland make some excellent dancefloor hardcore like that but is few and far between unless i'm missing out on something.

quote:
And BTW let me know when you've done a speedcore mix! would love to here it good or bad!

No probs mate just gettin collection together of faster stuff, will do a breakbeat or old bouncy set tomorrow if i get time and chuck it over
CDJay Cheers for feedback people, keep it coming :)

Bear in mind also I've centred around the more obvous bits of the tune for the clip(s)

CDJay
Jamq Quality released from darwin as always ;D

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page