Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Nation: Next Generation - Lineup Announce

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Nukleuz Records HARDCORE NATION: NEXT GENERATION

Mixed by
CD1 – Joey Riot & DJ Kurt, Al Storm, Al Twisted & DJ JFX
CD2 – Darwin, Fracus & JAKAZiD

iTunes Release Date: 25th February 2008 (TBC)
CD & Digital Release Date: 17th March 2008 (TBC)

Young guns sparring with all the pomp of prospective world champions! These guys are driving to be the biggest, the best and the hardest of the hardcore DJs in the UK. They maybe the next generation but in terms of skills they’re actually hot hot hot. If you’ve been to a hardcore party recently you may well have seen one of these guys or at least heard one of their slamming tunes. They’ll claim they’re part of the underground but in reality they are hardcore to the core. This is the lifeblood of where the music and the scene in the UK is! The fast and the furious! Tunes, rhymes, drop downs and hands in the air euphoria and massive anthems.

Nukleuz Records has called upon the hottest DJs and producers of the hardcore scene right now, Joey Riot, DJ Kurt, Al Storm, Al Twisted & DJ JFX, Darwin, Fracus and JAKAZiD, to compile and mix this jam packed, double CD, resulting in 36 of the freshest hardcore tunes currently tearing up dancefloors nationwide.

Following on from the phenomenal success of the previous 4 Hardcore Nation albums (Hardcore Nation 1,2,3 and Hardcore Nation: Classics), this latest addition to the series digs deeper into the underground that showcases the biggest, loudest, fastest sounds of the future of Hardcore. As well as showcasing their DJ skills on Hardcore Nation: Next Generation, these talented DJs and producers also treat our ears to their own exciting new productions, most of which are exclusive this album.

Pure passion has gone into this album…each DJ has carefully selected each tune, “Pick a favorite track”… Al Twisted. “That’s a tough one as they are all belters. I would have to say Kurt’s UK Gabber track “Straight from the Underground”, its pretty damn awesome”

Fracus… “Cube::Hard - Smoke Signals - Because I like Tom's originality and refusal to conform to the norm when it comes to arrangement particularly.”

JAKAZiD… “Favorite track…Darwin and Chwhynny's track "Nothing There". I was certain it had to go on the album, and as you'll find out it's one of the longest tracks on the CD - that's because none of us could bear to cut it! It crosses a range of styles, it has unusual vocals, and honestly... I haven't craved a breakdown in a track this much in a long time. Darwin's going to be fierce competition to the hardcore heavyweights in '08 I reckon”

With anthems such as Organ Donors ‘Blackout’ (DeejayBee & Diverse Remix), DJ Kurt ‘World Domination’, JAKAZiD ‘Give Love A Chance’, Cube: Hard ‘Smoke Signals, and Al Storm ‘Drive Me Crazy’, Joey Riot & Cat Knight ‘Holdin On’, Fracus & Mozz feat Vicky Fee –‘Hold On to Me’, Darwin & Toni Leo ‘Come on Out and many more, this is a must have for any true Hardcore fan. Featuring the cream of underground production talent including Heaven 7, Impact, Orbit1, Marc Smith, Chaos, SMS, InEffect, Andy L, Kelly C, Vicky Fee, Nu Foundation, A.M.S. and many more. All this plus artwork from the highly talented MC Obie!

For more information please go to: www.hardcore-nation.com
Leto Wicked! Nice job on this one Nukleuz!
DJ Euphoric Fantastic :D
SPOOX Very Nice
tru bass two discs, what a pity.

because im really exited about the people mixing those cd's.

looks really good stuff ATM.
DJ Euphoric I think Darwin's CD is gonna be the best one out of the two.
CDJay "two discs, what a pity."

Depends how good they are ;)

CDJay
hardcore anorak wicked c al storm on another cd would of been better with him and fracus or darwin though
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore anorak:
wicked c al storm on another cd would of been better with him and fracus or darwin though

Agreed.

DJ line up does look good though.
warped_candykid Do you really need 5 djs to mix 1 cd? I mean, how are you going to know which dj is mixing which tracks?
wong
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Do you really need 5 djs to mix 1 cd? I mean, how are you going to know which dj is mixing which tracks?

they all farely different styles tho, so should tell by the tune who it is. i think its a good idea, gonna be a lot of variety by looks of it

von-X Looks amazing, though a bit too many djs maybe...
DJ Fracus
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Euphoric:
I think Darwin's CD is gonna be the best one out of the two.

See what I mean Jon? ;)

CD2 has come together really nicely, I think we're all happy with the mix and the tracks selected. Hope those of you that buy the album are too!

Chris B Thats a lotta dj's to mix a couple cd's, whats the case just a few mixes each?

Still suppose does mean get a lot of different styles jus seems quite mad havin 5 dj's mixing one cd.
Craig Switchback
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Euphoric:
I think Darwin's CD is gonna be the best one out of the two.

Don't be so ignorant, what about Fracus & JAKAZiD?
Ghetto_smurf420
quote:
Do you really need 5 djs to mix 1 cd? I mean, how are you going to know which dj is mixing which tracks?

thats retarded why not make it a 3 cd album this is ****in retarded...........8 djs mix 2 cds.....stupid
NeXuS
quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto_smurf420:
thats retarded why not make it a 3 cd album this is ****in retarded...........8 djs mix 2 cds.....stupid

Why would you call this retarded (twice) when you haven't even heard the album yet, even so far as stupid? Your comments here are as narrow-minded and pre-judice as a stubborn 16 year old drama queen. Sorry its not to your liking princess but slagging somthing off with absolutely no basis of reasoning or any intention of constructive criticism is just annoying.

Sorry I've had quite a few to drink tonight...

Albums looks interesting, lots of names I have much hope for.
Mr igloo Wow! This is going to be a great one!
Al_X This album looks very interesting can't wait to hear it.

Incidentally, Tidy Records did get 13 DJs to mix 2cd's, for anyone who think 8 DJs is too much.
whittle1 Good DJ's but WTF no need for so many on two seperate CD's!
tru bass why is 8 dj's mixing two cds so bad?!?

i think its fantastic!

the djs on that will only have a few track to mix each. meaning they will choose their favorite ones, meaning they will choose the best ones!!!

this albums gonna be fantastic! how varied are the tracks gonna be!!
CDJay Thing is, I actually have listened to CD2.

25 times.

In two weeks.

It is in fact the single best UK Hardcore mix of all time. Bonkers? Bonkers 3 Sharkey mix? HU CD3?

All flail helplessly next to the sheer relentless quality and variety that is showcased on this mix.

I'm not even sure it will "confuse" the casual ravers used to unstoppable genericore; it is THAT good.

So, factor that in. Mr HU says "best album mix ever, by a country F**ing mile".

CDJay
Meph751 instead of whining like little bitches, let's just be happy that nukleuz is releasing a cd that gives producers/djs like darwin, jakazid, kurt, fracus, etc public exposure, so that people understand there's more to hardcore than the watered down shit stu allen puts on his cds?

i'm very much looking forward to this, and there's no doubt in my mind this is going to be a great compilation regardless of how many people are mixing each cd. look at the djs mixing it... it's going to be good.
DarrenJ should be good cd's
JAKAZiD
quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto_smurf420:
quote:

I'll reiterate what I said on Ush because I don't understand this recurring argument at all.

To these posters, if the tracklisting's good does it really matter _who_ mixed the album, or who mixed what tracks? At the end of the day, for a studio album all that's affected is song selection. You're not going to get dodgy mixes from a commercial compilation, and if you do then it should be cause for a refund. DJ names on compilations are quite obviously a selling point; it's what makes you buy "Bonkers XI" mixed by Hixxy, Sharkey and Scott Brown rather than "Gay Hardcore Parade" mixed by Jeremy Paxman, Rolf Harris and Vinny the Rapist.
(spoof albums aside, CD1 _does_ actually comprise of 3 minimixes so you'll know who's mixing what. CD2 was a B2B2B and we all had equal responsibility)

Myself, Fracus and Darwin all had differing opinions on the final tracklist and so what we finally picked really was the cream-of-the-crop. We had the chance to name-check a whole bunch of people for the sake of boosting sales, and we didn't! We did have to cut some great material though, but I feel that adding a whole extra CD to this compilation would only water down the tracklist. I genuinely believe the quality of the music between these 2CDs destroys all need for an extra CD. Well done to those people who amazed us. :D
Meph751
quote:
Originally posted by JAKAZiD:
"Gay Hardcore Parade" mixed by Jeremy Paxman, Rolf Harris and Vinny the Rapist.

i hadn't seen this one, where can i buy that?

like you said, on a studio album the djs mixing it does little more than affect track selection. there's going to be some stylistic things perhaps, but on a commercially released album you can't really go crazy with cuts and the like. these albums are all mixed relatively safely so that they are commercially viable. if you didn't know which djs tended to play which tracks, it'd be incredibly difficult (sometimes impossible) to tell who whos mixing a given cd.
Dain-Ja
quote:

At the end of the day, for a studio album all that's affected is song selection. You're not going to get dodgy mixes from a commercial compilation,

Then why are Scott Brown's compilation mixes so ****ing bad mixing-wise?
:P
Obviously there's no trainwrecks but the mixing is always brutal and/or lame.

I think the worst was Hardcore Heaven 4.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Meph751:
quote:
"Gay Hardcore Parade" mixed by Jeremy Paxman, Rolf Harris and Vinny the Rapist.

i hadn't seen this one, where can i buy that?

like you said, on a studio album the djs mixing it does little more than affect track selection. there's going to be some stylistic things perhaps, but on a commercially released album you can't really go crazy with cuts and the like. these albums are all mixed relatively safely so that they are commercially viable. if you didn't know which djs tended to play which tracks, it'd be incredibly difficult (sometimes impossible) to tell who whos mixing a given cd.

To me its going to be 8 DJ's using their music or remixes on an album of 36 tracks, so should have the best of what they can offer, instead of 3 DJ's having their music and remixes on an album of 50ish tracks which usually have more shite on than good tracks!
AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM!
DJ's are now producers for albums and not the music itself!
Orbit1 I would imagine so long as the tracklisting is good and varied and the mixing is fine, it would be a good CD?

Or is that not good enough any more?
silver Looks good, big up all involved.
Meph751
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
I would imagine so long as the tracklisting is good and varied and the mixing is fine, it would be a good CD?

Or is that not good enough any more?

needs more scantily clad women!
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Thing is, I actually have listened to CD2.

25 times.

In two weeks.

It is in fact the single best UK Hardcore mix of all time. Bonkers? Bonkers 3 Sharkey mix? HU CD3?

All flail helplessly next to the sheer relentless quality and variety that is showcased on this mix.

I'm not even sure it will "confuse" the casual ravers used to unstoppable genericore; it is THAT good.

So, factor that in. Mr HU says "best album mix ever, by a country F**ing mile".

CDJay

If your saying this then I'll be buying this when it comes out.

At the end of the day who cares who many DJ's are mixing a CD - thats just bitching for the sake of bitching. It's been said before, aslong as the tracks are good and the mixing is good then why moan!!!

DJ Fracus I think a few people may be being a little presumtuous about the format of the lineup here...

I can't speak for the first CD as I haven't heard it in its entirity, but we approached CD2 as an opportunity to create a truly diverse b2b2b studio mix. There are no 'sections' governed by just one of us, no mix put together by just one of us (you shouldn't need to be told why 24 bit digital mixing is infinately better for compilations, google "D to A convertors"), no tracks that any of us disagreed on or had as 'our own choice', but a totally collective "3 minds into 1" CD covering everything we think a compilation mix should.

We put a lot of hard work into chosing what we think are the right tracks, mixing them in the right order and way, and making the CD work as a whole. I'm glad we took the time we did to give it 100%, because I personally think the finished product is much more than the sum of it's parts. Obviously that will be down to you as the listener to decide to agree or disagree with come the release date :)

eread Looks wicked!

eread I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long. Still looks like an amazing album though.
DJ Euphoric Can't wait to see the tracklisting of this.
djDMS Tricky one this. I may be about to say something some of you don't like, so keyboard warriors get those fingers ready.....

Firstly the positives.
Line up looks pretty damn good and i trust 100% the views of people like CDJay who are vouching for the quality of the release.
And i don't care how many people are included in the creation of the mixes if the tunes are as good as we're being led to believe - i'm almost tempted to buy it on recommendation alone.

HOWEVER

I'm feeling a little misled by the whole thing.

Nobody on there who i'd consider up and coming. Granted, Al & JFX and Jakazid haven't had the greatest exposure to the masses but i'm still disappointed that those of us who know our arses from our elbows are having well established artists served up to us as something new.

To be fair, i'd buy albums involving Joey, Kurt, Storm, Darwin et al any day of the week but this is looking a lot less like the big gamble i almost believed Nukleuz would be taking.

The first (and most likely second) Hardcore Underground albums WERE big gambles, this just looks like Volume 3 in all but name.

Save your 'what difference does it make if the tunes are good' comments because i agree - it doesn't make a difference! And i know it needs to sell too, but anyone with a hint of knowledge will appreciate a good product when they see one.

Won't stop me buying it but i'm nowhere near as excited as i'd hoped i'd be.
CDJay Can of worms... open! ;)

It's a matter of perspective, I'm sure. Did you expect Nukluez to put out an album w/ entirely unproven DJ/producers? I'd look at this as recognition for HU, if anything, both in concept and talents laid bare

From my POV, we did a lot of things right with both volumes of HU BUT... we got utterly assf**ed at retail. It's hard to guage potential sales, and interest, when they are compromised so heavily off the bat, so if nothing else this is an important step to securing the viability of "alternative" hardcore albums.

That all said, I'd like to hope that both this series AND others ( including HU ) will endeavour to showcase not just a range of material, but also DJs, down the line.

I had another whole rant about the "up and coming" thing, but I'll be succint. Some aren't, some are, but all are "next generation" meaning I'm pretty sure they'll be the ones picking up the pieces and reassembling them into something new and exciting down the line.

We NEED more albums, there's people who want to buy them, there's producers writing fantastic music, and as long as they are done w/ care and respect I'd like to see shedloads of albums released all the time as we witnessed in the mid-late 90's. Mid-level albums WILL cement a future for UK Hardcore, it only takes one "flop" in any big series to jeapordise everything and up until recently that's how it's been.

I'm sure I had a point. :S

CDJay

DJ Fracus First artwork preview, designed by the multi-talented MC Obie:

DJ Euphoric Cool cover design there.
tru bass thats a mint design

looking forward to this cd so much!!!
Ken Masters 5 DJ's, 1 CD? Too many cooks comes to mind:-( wot a shame! where's the individual talent?
silver
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
5 DJ's, 1 CD? Too many cooks comes to mind:-( wot a shame! where's the individual talent?

Read fracus' post in this thread :)
bulby_g This is looking great. I would pick at it but it looks like I've been beaten to it so I'll leave it at that. :)

Looking forward to it.
kathryn It does look like a good double cd i look forward to having a listen to it.

Dain-Ja and Meph751!
Dont think ya comments on Stu Allan and Scot Brown are fair
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by eread:
I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long. Still looks like an amazing album though.

I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long.

^^^^^^
I agree with you on that. Also why arent they on this release as they normally are.?
Hardcore Matty
quote:
Also why arent they on this release as they normally are.?

Hardcore Nation: NEXT GENERATION

think the name of the cd should explain that
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:
Originally posted by eread:
I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long. Still looks like an amazing album though.

I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long.

^^^^^^
I agree with you on that. Also why arent they on this release as they normally are.?

If there were to be a 3rd CD it should contain the same DJs as in this compilation, just tracks and djs mixing each cd should just b spread out. And Seduction and Stu Allen??? I'm not going to lie- i am one of the few that enjoys hardcore adrenaline compilations (i'm speaking mainly of 1 and 2) but after the 3rd installment i don't think they should b coming out w/ anything massproduced for awhile.

Let them take that time to come out with the next compilation just like Styles, Breeze and Hixxy did after Clubland Hardcore 3 bombed big time. It's kinda funny tho I predicted it would happen in a previous topic before any previews of Hardcore Adrenaline 3 came out. Just like Clubland Hardcore 3, they were rushing too fast to put it out on the market and it came out sounding and looking (the cover was horrible) like crap.

It took 2.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page