Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New Infinity releases%3A Smack%21 EP %2B Love is

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Taken from the news page:

Infinity Recordings have released information, audio and artwork for their next two releases due May and June 2008 respectively. The two highly anticipated releases both have full color sleeves and pressed direct to metal for the highest quality vinyl sound in the world we're told.

Audio (MP3):
INFTY036 - Smack! EP
DJ Silver & The Acolyte - Smack!
A: [url="/images/news/20080421/A_DJ_Silver_and_The_Acolyte_-_Smack!_DJ_Kurt_remix_CLIP.mp3"]DJ Kurt remix[/url]
AA: [url="/images/news/20080421/AA_DJ_Silver_and_The_Acolyte_-_Smack!_Darwin_remix_CLIP.mp3"]Darwin remix[/url]
AAA: [url="/images/news/20080421/AAA_DJ_Silver_and_The_Acolyte_-_Smack!_Orbit1_2008_remix_CLIP.mp3"]Orbit1 2008 remix[/url]
AAAA: [url="/images/news/20080421/AAAA_DJ_Silver_and_The_Acolyte_-_Smack!_Original_mix_CLIP.mp3"]Original mix[/url]

INFTY037
A: DJ Flippy - [url="/images/news/20080421/A_DJ_Flippy_-_Love_Is_Joey_Riot_Remix_CLIP.mp3"]Love is (Joey Riot remix)[/url]
AA: DJ Flippy - [url="/images/news/20080421/AA_DJ_Flippy_-_Love_Is_Impact_Remix_CLIP.mp3"]Love is (Impact remix)[/url]

The Smack! EP - Kurt / Darwin / Orbit1 / Original mixes

DJ Flippy - Love is - Joey Riot / Impact remixes
mj-dream kurt remix of smack is good :)

Complexion We0o0o0o0o00o0o.
Torpex No offense Silvah, but I think your graphic designer deserves a proper Smack! The 036 artwork feels cheap and kind of Paint-ish. 037 is better, but it's still hurt by the awful glowing text. I realize that artwork isn't *too* important, but in the long run if you're going for an "artistic" feel (and, judging by a couple of latest releases, you are) then make it coherent. I'm by no means an expert here, just my 2 semi-pro cents.

That said, music-wise both releases are excellent. Loving Darwin's take on Smack! and Impact's remix of Love Is. :)
Mr igloo Very nice, top notch tunes.
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
No offense Silvah, but I think your graphic designer deserves a proper Smack! The 036 artwork feels cheap and kind of Paint-ish. 037 is better, but it's still hurt by the awful glowing text. I realize that artwork isn't *too* important, but in the long run if you're going for an "artistic" feel (and, judging by a couple of latest releases, you are) then make it coherent. I'm by no means an expert here, just my 2 semi-pro cents.

That said, music-wise both releases are excellent. Loving Darwin's take on Smack! and Impact's remix of Love Is. :)

Thats what i thought. Really dont like the artwork on 036, but the music is absolutely wicked so nice one with that.
DJ_Axiom Orbit1's remix of Smack is ****ing immense.

Everything else here is great work, cant wait to see a release.
Leto I wish the clips were longer for Smack, I feel like there's a second riff we're missing in all of them. (I hope so with the Kurt one...)

Agreed about the artwork, although it wouldn't prevent me from buying
DJ-Intensity Wow this is absoultely excellent Orbit1's mix of "Smack is truly amazing and the DJ Flipy "Love is" Impact mix is wicked too.
warped_candykid I like the Joey Riot remix better, it sounds "happier". Is the original mix of "Smack!" on the vinyl?
Leto
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I like the Joey Riot remix better, it sounds "happier". Is the original mix of "Smack!" on the vinyl?

Yep! Check it! :P
silver Smack! original mix is on the vinyl, it's something for everybody with 4 mixes so should be good. Can't win them all for with the artwork. I don't think it's so bad, each to there own I guess :)

Trivia for everyone, in case you missed it, the rap / voices in smack! are me and orbit1... I did the main rap hook, orbit1 did the talking bit (used more in darwin mix).

Love is is also good with two different styles of mixes, quite happy with the balance on these two releases.
Craig Switchback With all the time and effort put into releasing vinyl - is there any chance that digital downloads will follow?
DJ-Intensity The Infinity label has released great tunes.
Wilky this is one vinyl worth having.. even if you dont have anyhting to play it on
DJ-Intensity Yes it is but I hope this come out on a future hardcore CD.
CDJay Very nice :D

CDJay
Torpex
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Switchback:
With all the time and effort put into releasing vinyl - is there any chance that digital downloads will follow?

Ditto. You really have no excuse, Silver. ;)
MilesofsMiles "This Love" could potentially have made an awesome hardcore track. Judging by the audio samples however, I don't feel that it has been done justice, neither by the very average vocals and mixes. While I prefer the sound of the Joey Riot mix, I feel that it is too upbeat to suit such a song, and while I usually love Impact's work I feel his mix of this track sounds fairly average. That's just my two cents worth.
milo WHAT YOU SAY GONNA SMACK YOU UUUUUUP

been caining the O1 remix, goes down a treat!

donk donk donk

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page