Total online 1546
 Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground 3 Line-up Announced!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay Hardcore Underground 3 is the latest in the critically acclaimed, trailblazing, series and is a 4 CD album featuring:

Disc 1: Brisk + Ham
Disc 2: Marc Smith + Al Storm
Disc 3: Fracus + Stormtrooper
Disc 4: Darwin + CLSM + Nu Foundation

Tracklist, release date, and other relevant information will follow in short order leading up to release.

There is a launch party for HU3 on Sept 12th, in Northampton, details here:

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41284

CDJay
Lilley dont want to seem critical - but im going to be critcal i guess
brisk and ham arent really up and coming are they? are they bringing new ideas to hardcore?
Ben S All of the artists mixing have been around in Hardcore for a long time ;)

ferocious Marc Smith's been around likely before all of them. Was around DJ-ing in the mid-1980s and making music early-1990s.

MAtRiCks quite the line-up!
Meathead Since when was this album supposed to be about up-and-coming DJs?
It's supposed to be about underground music. Which is exactly what these DJs are about isn't it?

The line up looks amazing CDJay, will be purchasing this baby as soon as
wong beat me to it meathead.... where does does it say its a up n coming djs album?? exactly, it doesnt
walla13 looks class carnt wait not been many good cds out for ages and all my favourite djs on one cd what more could u ask for roal on a realese date carnt wait for the tracklist for this one.
DarrenJ looks very solid
Mad Max good as always

warped_candykid oooo I hope there is some more 'cheese' on this one!! This one looks good :)!
Mortis Looking good.

As for the up and coming thing I think some people are getting HU3 mixed up with Hardocre Nation: Next Generation.
DJ_Axiom So now were lookin at an end of the year release for Let Me In?
Trimms YES, Disc 1!!

And 4!
And 2. And 3... can't wait for this.
Vladel Looks awesome.
danjel This can be one of the best album! Really looking forward to this!
hardcore anorak cannot wait to hear brisk and ham al storm and marc smith wicked lineup this
JustIncredible Can't wait to get my hands on this
Jax That line-up is awesome. Probably the only album i am actually looking forward to having a listen to
The Doc thank f**k! a 2008 UK hardcore album worth waiting for! I actually for a change like everyone on the album! will this be a full on commercial release this time? (woolies, asda, tesco ect) or still be music stores only?
CDJay It's self financed, so the odds of us affording to manufacure enough to roll out nationwide across all those vendors 'aint great, but it'll be easier to get hold of than HU2. There's no jumping in at the "top" in todays marketplace, retail is a b*tch and every inch gained is *very* hard earned. The trick is to learn, adapt, improvise and yet stay true to the goal......

I'm really excited about this album, if somewhat stressed, as it feels to me like another turning point; the "big" names involved here are involved not for immediate financial reward but because this is *the* benchmark series for pushing the music forward. HU1 might have been the instigator, but we hope this will fire up the scene at all levels to strive for something better.

HU isn't an "up and coming " album, as alluded to by the first reply, although it certainly could have been misconstrued as one at conception. The idea was to offer an alternative, an album where the roots of hardcore could once again find ground, and the future of hardcore could attempt to claim just that.

Whilst this veers towards the more "obvious" names, I think it's clear that those involved from the outset have cemented their stature in recent times, and there's a hell of a lot of mutual respect amongst all parties. I'm genuinely honoured to be working w/ people like the Next-Gen guys, Marc Smith, CLSM etc. Let's face it, together we're stronger and people bouncing off each other fosters creativity.

There's actually even more at play than I am at liberty to disclose at this point, but as hard as it has been sometimes there's a lot of talent and goodwill still out there and it's all being channeled towards delivering mixes that keep interest and hopefully generate the same.

We need y'all though! ( I'm emotionally fragile )

CDJay
Mortis One question about the Next Gen team...will their CD only have Next Gen stuff like sometimes happens?
CDJay Pfft, I'm not revealing tracklisting yet!

There'll be a decent amount of NG stuff on there, for sure, but it'll be by no means exclusively. This said, I'm loving a lot of the new Brisk & Stormtrooper, Ham, V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D and Fracus stuff so there'll be some that's for sure

CDJay
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's self financed, so the odds of us affording to manufacure enough to roll out nationwide across all those vendors 'aint great, but it'll be easier to get hold of than HU2. There's no jumping in at the "top" in todays marketplace, retail is a b*tch and every inch gained is *very* hard earned. The trick is to learn, adapt, improvise and yet stay true to the goal......

I'm really excited about this album, if somewhat stressed, as it feels to me like another turning point; the "big" names involved here are involved not for immediate financial reward but because this is *the* benchmark series for pushing the music forward. HU1 might have been the instigator, but we hope this will fire up the scene at all levels to strive for something better.

HU isn't an "up and coming " album, as alluded to by the first reply, although it certainly could have been misconstrued as one at conception. The idea was to offer an alternative, an album where the roots of hardcore could once again find ground, and the future of hardcore could attempt to claim just that.

Whilst this veers towards the more "obvious" names, I think it's clear that those involved from the outset have cemented their stature in recent times, and there's a hell of a lot of mutual respect amongst all parties. I'm genuinely honoured to be working w/ people like the Next-Gen guys, Marc Smith, CLSM etc. Let's face it, together we're stronger and people bouncing off each other fosters creativity.

There's actually even more at play than I am at liberty to disclose at this point, but as hard as it has been sometimes there's a lot of talent and goodwill still out there and it's all being channeled towards delivering mixes that keep interest and hopefully generate the same.

We need y'all though! ( I'm emotionally fragile )

CDJay

yeah its hard to get the all important breakthrough! and certain companies can pay for product placement in stores ect! but to me it means buying online again! so that means I'll place my order with hmv.com, get it cheaper, but wait 2 weeks for it to come!
CDJay Now that we are in full control of the product again, I'll make damned sure to give motivated buyers the information necessary to make a cost effective and speedily delivered purchase. As it should be!

I'm certain I speak on behalf of all involved when I say that everyone's support, past and present, is massively appreciated and by no means taken for granted.

Cheers!

CDJay
Mortis
quote:
Pfft, I'm not revealing tracklisting yet!

There'll be a decent amount of NG stuff on there, for sure, but it'll be by no means exclusively.

I didn't expect a tracklist...that you can send via PM

It's good to hear it won't all be next gen not that there is anything wrong with next gen it's just variation is always good.
mj-dream who can resist an album with clsm on??? :P

Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by mj-dream:
who can resist an album with clsm on??? :P

Someone who doesn't like them...

mj-dream
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:

huuuh i tried

Mortis
Dain-Ja
Dain-Ja HUGE!

Brisk ALWAYS mixes the best compilations. And I'm excited for the rest too ;)
Trimms
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:

Lol, I laughed.

redwingz Ill definately be buying it, the strongest hardcore compilation series imo, cannot wait! I still listen to HU2 all the time!
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
Ill definately be buying it, the strongest hardcore compilation series imo, cannot wait! I still listen to HU2 all the time!

Quoted for truthiness this looks amazing.

Now all I need is a copy of HU2...................
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
Ill definately be buying it, the strongest hardcore compilation series imo, cannot wait! I still listen to HU2 all the time!

Quoted for truthiness this looks amazing.

Now all I need is a copy of HU2...................

yeah you definately need HU2 mate, fracus and Al storms mix is amazing!
GrahamC About time something decent came along. The last CD-set I bought was Bonkers 17 - way too long ago.

I'm seriously looking forward to this!

Where can I get the first two for a build up
CDJay HU2 is literally sold out, it's practically impossible to get hold of now. I don't even have a copy :s

There are very limited copies of HU1 around, the cheapest and easiest way ( if you are in the UK ) is here:

http://www.krafty.info/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=75

CDJay
Wilky
quote:
HU2 is literally sold out, it's practically impossible to get hold of now. I don't even have a copy :s

There are very limited copies of HU1 around, the cheapest and easiest way ( if you are in the UK ) is here:

CDJay

these 2 i do have on illegal copy as stated above too hard to get hold of so the only way i could get maself them is buy getting someone to copy them me...

Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
HU2 is literally sold out, it's practically impossible to get hold of now. I don't even have a copy :s

CDJay

these 2 i do have on illegal copy as stated above too hard to get hold of so the only way i could get maself them is buy getting someone to copy them me...

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3250177/Hardcore-Underground/Product.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardcore-Underground-Stormtrooper-Fracus-Darwin/dp/B000J3DEOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1220285004&sr=1-1

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/241681-01.htm

Just a few clicks away ;)

But yeh can't find 2 on any retailer website. Should be going on Discogs, but the artists don't profit from that anyway.

EDIT

Christ you can't even get em on Discogs! How many copies did you actually get produced CDJay? Me thinks we need more for the next lol.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:

CDJay

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3250177/Hardcore-Underground/Product.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardcore-Underground-Stormtrooper-Fracus-Darwin/dp/B000J3DEOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1220285004&sr=1-1

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/241681-01.htm

Just a few clicks away ;)

But yeh can't find 2 on any retailer website. Should be going on Discogs, but the artists don't profit from that anyway.

EDIT

Christ you can't even get em on Discogs! How many copies did you actually get produced CDJay? Me thinks we need more for the next lol.

thanks 4 the links but i'd rather buy them from a shop
GrahamC ANy chance of getting more HU2 made - from a few comments on here there is clearly a demand
Lilley yeh for some reason i didnt get around to grabbing myself a copy of 2. Would love if i could
Entity Trust me, it's not going to happen!

I tried Amazon.co.uk and also play.com a few weeks back - both supposedly had one copy left, so bought both of them to be on the safe side and they both came back to me and said out of stock. Was absolutely steaming at this point but it's my own fault for not being quick enough!

Skampy (I think) pointed out that you can still get them from tower.com - I've again ordered 2 and have been waiting almost a month. I can't see them coming through either.

If anyone has a (legit) copy for sale please let me know

latininxtc It looks badass! well maybe with the exception of the Brisk & Ham CD

I love basically everything that Ham has produced solo, as well as things produced with Brisk. And Brisk has had some amazing mix sets out there, but when they get together it does irritate me that they push 30 tracks on 1 cd, with each only lasting about 2.5 minutes.

Love them both as Hardcore djs/artists, but please tell me they've cut back on the number of tracks on their set!
CDJay "30 tracks on 1 cd, with each only lasting about 2.5 minutes"

Not this time ;)

CDJay
Craigavon raver yes looking forward 2 this looks very good,and luckily i got hu2 when i did as i only got it a few months back i got hmv 2 order it in 4 me,as i wud have been raging if they told me it was sold out and i couldn,t get a copy
The Doc
quote:
"30 tracks on 1 cd, with each only lasting about 2.5 minutes"

Not this time ;)

CDJay

as a oaphf thats a shame! still buy it though!

warped_candykid
quote:

Not this time ;)

CDJay

THANK YOU!
CDJay No problems ;)

CDJay
Ionosphere
quote:

To you mate, my copy for £50,000.

To anyone else.... ....mmnm, £millions.
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

To you mate, my copy for £50,000.

To anyone else.... ....mmnm, £millions.

Bargain! I was hoping to spend less than £100,000

djhutton brill line up defo buyin this
latininxtc
quote:

Not this time ;)

CDJay

Thank you so much! now i know that it will be a good album, as they will focus on quality of the tracks, instead of quantity!!!!

O and TO THOSE THAT WANT HU2!

check out america's amazon.com or even ebay worldwide. that's where I get most of my hardcore albums that have been released awhile. talk to the person selling it, as they will be open to shipping it overseas.
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Not this time ;)

CDJay

Thank you so much! now i know that it will be a good album, as they will focus on quality of the tracks, instead of quantity!!!!

O and TO THOSE THAT WANT HU2!

check out america's amazon.com or even ebay worldwide. that's where I get most of my hardcore albums that have been released awhile. talk to the person selling it, as they will be open to shipping it overseas.

Tried. Failed. Tower.com had no problems with me ordering 14 copies of HU2, but will they arrive? nope.

DJ Fracus HU2 has become somewhat of a collectors item; we spent so much time and effort getting the thing out on time, mixing it and endured all sorts of grief associated with it. I still don't have a copy myself! HU3 will be much more widely available and will be available for presale online exclusively from ourselves prior to its official release. Glad everyone's down with the lineup :)
warped_candykid Remember when Bonkers 1 & 2 were on auction for outrageous prices?!?!?! I thought I was out of luck until they re-released them.
GrahamC HU2 is all over the newsgroups & ******* sites but I don't want the download & burn it - wanna own it!

Och well.
pinkdevil16 lookin good
tru bass id just like to say at this point i own hu1 and hu2... so neeeeeeeeeeer

anyway yeh this looks sick!!!
is it being released only from the website or in highstreet shops?
Quicksilver I can't wait for this to get released because Let Me In (Darwin Remix) is just the best thing since sliced bread. I copied the audio from YouTube vids but really, the lower quality doesn't do it justice. This track along makes me want the album. It's such a killer. All-time top 3. :D

......... Cause we will get Let Me In, right? RIGHT?!?!
JustIncredible Whats the TL?
Quicksilver When is the release date anyway?
Bruxx Looking forward to this! especially the Brisk & Ham cd hehe!
Dogsy I dont know which disc im looking forward to the most coz they all look awesome. The last 2 were great so im sure this will be too!
lozowen anyone got any idea when this is set to be released?

it looks AWESOME!!
CDJay News, like, really soon. Seriously!

All mixes are done, we're just getting everything in order before announcing tracklist and beginning the condensed promotional barrage.

As noted, two of the mixes were completed/delivered a smidge too late to avoid the Xmas-Retail-Nightmare-Season so we opted for sanity. For a change As annoying as that may be in the short term, it should seem somewhat reassuring that nothing gets put out before it's all it can and should be.

It's a damn fine album. You have my word.

CDJay
lozowen SWEEEEEEEEET

"so we opted for sanity" <- LOL
Quicksilver CDJay - GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEV!!! :D

I can't wait for this one and I've been holding out forever!
DJ-Intensity This is my number one priority got the first two in the series been waiting for this for so long for sure this is gonna be my best CD in a long time when I purchase it.

Anyway about the line up it looks wicked
DJ Fracus It's more difficult than you might think putting this album out at the right time. You have to try and remember that we're an independant label and we don't have the resources to battle the mainstream companies for racking space especially at Christmas when money talks loudest. It frustrates us immensely too but this album deserves a proper chance to do well.

Honestly, HU3 is the best volume so far, everyone involved is really proud with how its come out and we've managed to put together something that rivals anything else on the market both in terms of quality and (hopefully) appeal to ravers. We will have news really soon and the tracklist will be available for all to see shortly after NYE.

If you are UK based (or even if you're not and have more money than us) you might want to check out our upcoming event with Freeformation on Feb 27th. It's our second foray into promotion; something you'll see more of from us in 2009 as well as more CD's. Thanks for your patience, we're grateful for all your support and in interest in these albums.

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/pop_event.asp?event_id=4959

Much <3
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fracus:
everyone involved is really proud with how its come out and we've managed to put together something that rivals anything else on the market both in terms of quality and (hopefully) appeal

Dude, you already did that with HU2!

tru bass im sorry fracus but in my mind it is physically impossible to create a better album than hu2.

this must be something else.
pinkdevil16 Sooo looking forward to this cant wait to see the TL :) :)
DJ-Intensity Michael Mansion Let Me In Darwin's Hemstock Mix I hope this tune is on the CD.
DJ_Axiom
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Michael Mansion Let Me In Darwin's Hemstock Mix I hope this tune is on the CD.

CDJay told me it is ;)
DJ-Intensity
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Axiom:
quote:

CDJay told me it is ;)

I am pleased to hear that :D
Vladel just release it already!
DJ Fracus It's going to be real soon, and Tru Bass, never say never ;)

Btw, is that Maine Road in your avatar pic? ;)
tru bass yes it is
your the first person thats noticed that!
sora.slx Still no track list !

:O

Im going to keep refreshing until I see CDJay post :D
von-X
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Axiom:
quote:

CDJay told me it is ;)

I am pleased to hear that :D

Seconded! The track of the year! :)

Quicksilver CDJaaaaaaaay!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=snyr8dHq4Ug&feature=related

WHY does it say "Also featured on Hardcore Underground 3"??? :(

We want the Darwin Remix. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Gonna go and cry now since I suppose there's no hope for getting the Darwin Remix. :(
Craig Switchback The Darwin remix is featured on HU3. Promise. ;)
Quicksilver Pheeew, haha. :D
NuFoundation The tracklist isn't too far off now, and it won't disappoint!
DJ-Intensity
quote:
Originally posted by NuFoundation:
The tracklist isn't too far off now, and it won't disappoint!

When though ?

CDJay Today.

CDJay
NuFoundation It would appear my instincts are trustworthy.

It took 4.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page