Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 IMPACT INDEED

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
sora.slx Impact has quit hardcore ;'(

this sux.

I loved your tunes mate, good luck with your future. Thanks for the awesome mix !

Wilky oh dear - wont be missed from this end
Deverse Shame, so what is he doing now? Still producing? What genre? etc...

:(
charlieee damn thats suxs
Future_Shock It's a shame for the hardcore scene, and to everyone involved.

If it wasn't for impact, i wouldn't be the same producer i am today. Early on when i first started producing, when my material was still outrageously pathetic, i remember (on ehcild i think it was) i sent him a pm to check out some of my tracks. I wasn't even expecting a response, let alone what i received.

God knows what was going through his mind, but he saw SOME sort of potential in something i'd written and invited me into his studio for a day. Blown away obviously, i accepted and we set up a date.

To this day, i have never learnt so much more about music production as i did that day in Rory's studio. He sat down and engineered one of my tracks, show me how he did everything, and gave me an incredible amount of information to take in.

Since that day - some 2 - 3 years ago, Rory has been there for me whenever i had questions, when i was struggling wtih something, and even on bad days he'd take my calls and bring my back to level - even if it took an hour conversation... whether he was at home, in the middle of dinner, or whether he was at work - he always had time, or made time, to help me out or to make sure i was okay.

He also set me up with contacts, found me vocalists, let me record in his studio and gave me advice on everything production-related known to man.

The past couple of years he's been an idol, a mentor and a friend to me through even the wrost of times. I'm incredibly appreciative of the time and effort he spent wtih me, and i'm posting this so everyone who didn't have the pleasure of knowing Rory, can understand what kind of person he was.

Sound dj, awsome producer, great guy.

Yep, Rory was good jam.
bulby_g Definitely a shame to loose impact. :( Done some great tunes over the years and will be missed.

Would love to know if he is doing other music under a different name?

SPOOX I've always been a fan of Impact. Top choons. Top producer. Pretty gutted to hear he's leaving the scene. Fingers crossed for a return sometime in the future.
DJ-Intensity Impact is a fantastic DJ I am so sad to see him leave the core scene I'll never forget his tunes he produced.

Thanks Rory for the mix.
Quicksilver What??? Nooo! He should go read my Impact-appreciation thread and get back. :(

Damn, really sad to hear!
Hirschi Man, that's just not fair!! Hope this is just a break from HHC to regain his pasion and not a total resignment...

Greetz
Hirschi

PS: LOVE the mix! Thx and good luck! cYr
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
oh dear - wont be missed from this end

lol i second that :o)
Samination Impacts joins heaven alongside DJ Fade & DJ Demo
kdf this sucks i love impacts tunes
cant wait to check out the mix when i get home
Starstruck
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
Impacts joins heaven alongside DJ Fade & DJ Demo

I really miss DJ Fade too :(
Impossible to contact, aswell...
DJ-Intensity When did DJ Fade leave the scene ?
Starstruck
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
When did DJ Fade leave the scene ?

Early 2004.

Last release was one on masterwax i think..
MAtRiCks This is horrible!

Infexious was an amazing label, and I was looking forward to new material from Impact on Recycled...
DJ-Intensity
quote:
Originally posted by Starstruck:
quote:

Early 2004.

Yes it was on Masterwax but I can't remember the name of the tune.

Mortis
quote:
quote:
quote:

Early 2004.

Yes it was on Masterwax but I can't remember the name of the tune.

Ominously that was with Impact called Guiding Light.

MAtRiCks that farewell mix is filled with awesomeness, its sad to think it's the end...
Ken Masters Damn, Damn, Damn! I promised myself I wouldn't cry!

Thanks for everything you've given to the scene mate. You've taught me a lot even though i've never met you. Hopefully we'll see a come back sometime but I wont hold my breathe.

Seeing these legends give up the scene, well, whats the script here? Is there something that we small members aren't being told. Are things getting that bad? Theres no way a producer who's love for the music as big as Impact, Fade & Demo, would just turn their backs & leave for good. It's impossible! I think these guys have been shunned out the lime light & have found it hard to appreciate this commercial era that we live in.

As Rory says, it was never what they intended. Ok to make a buck here & there & keep living, thats acceptable but the money involved, for the big names in hardcore, is unreal. They're so greedy that they've forgotten what its all about!

Tunes get churned out these days just to fill CD's & meat demands but IMO 10% of these tracks are worth a second listen.

Damn, am I having second thoughts aswell? *slaps face*..............No!
Mako Is this true, or is this another Orbit1 hoax? :(
Samination I wish Guiding Light would be released digitally or on CD soon :(
Samination
quote:
quote:

I really miss DJ Fade too :(
Impossible to contact, aswell...

try festerheadz :P

anyways, nowadays when I look back at his stuff, they didn't sound that good (unless it was with brisk or ham). The only tracks I can say I liked was Wizardry and The Vortex
Rayovac What??!

Are you sure this isn't just another unfounded rumor like what happened with orbit1?
Mako
quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DjSamination:

The Vortex

Chooooooooooon
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
What??!

Are you sure this isn't just another unfounded rumor like what happened with orbit1?

either silver's pulling an early april fools day, or Rory Impact actually made that statement
Triquatra well, i wish him all the best - of course its his right to leave and it doesnt make him a traitor or anything like that. when its time to move on, its time to move on
best of luck to whatever he does next :)

Funky Technician is still one of my favs
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
well, i wish him all the best - of course its his right to leave and it doesnt make him a traitor or anything like that. when its time to move on, its time to move on
best of luck to whatever he does next :)

Funky Technician is still one of my favs

still don't know how I could have missed the original mix :(
Not that's Eufeion's (?) older remix of it is bad, but the original is as good as scott brown originals, they do not need any remixes
K6HLR The way its going were just gonna be left with hixxy styles & breeze its a shame people are quitting but i spose what can you do! :(
raindancerob
quote:
quote:

Early 2004.

lol DJ Fade aint left the scene his last tune came out on 1st May 2008: http://www.discogs.com/release/1442330
Vitalism dude, i remember reading a post that fade retired.

this tune probably just got released really late.
Vitalism and i just got my ticket in the mail to WINTER MASSIF in seattle!!

impact is headlining!! wohoo!!

i also saw him in toronto about a year ago, so needless to say this party in january will be worth the 6 hour road trip.

this just makes it that much more awesome now i guess, because i'm assuming this'll be his last north american appearance
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
dude, i remember reading a post that fade retired.

this tune probably just got released really late.

not being funny fella, but you shouldnt believe everything that you read.
Craig Switchback Fade quit the Hardcore scene in late 2003. That FD Digital release has been out for years.
raindancerob yeah 1st May 2008 is years init lol
Samination rob: acutally, i've had that song since 2006 :P
http://www.samination.se/mixes.php?id=29&title=Mix29-FrequentTwistedWorld

Craig: acutally, late 2004, because I was registered to the forums when silver posted that
edit: actually, i was wrong :P http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/portal_news.asp?action=filter&year=2004&month=2
it was early 2004, and I guess i was browsing the website before i registered
raindancerob well it must of been officially released this year then :o)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
well it must of been officially released this year then :o)

actually, if you checked all the Future Dance Digitals, it seems like the updater, mad_max_83, just added a generic date on them all. Propably based on the dates from HardBeatStore, but the tracks existed long before that on the old Nu Energy site.

going to update those i can
DJ-Intensity Guiding Light is a stunning tune.
Rayovac So he really did quit.

kdf this really is quite savage listening to the mix he is such a great producer
i remember as i first started to mix hardcore i found 'runaway' and thought to myself what a little beauty of a track and it just spurned me onto find more from impact
am loving his new release, especially on my own
its a shame but if thats how he feels then fair play to him
Tha Kid Vicious

Oh, man... I seriously think I might cry over this one...
Goodbye Mr. Impact. Good luck to you, mate... YOU WILL BE MISSED BY MANY, MANY FOLKS! :(

Sincerely,
Sean
DJ-Intensity Six tunes which I liked from Impact

1 Back In The Days
2 Phat As Fu*k
3 All My Life Weaver Remix
4 Worlds Apart FBI
5 Dancing With An Angel
6 Addiction

There are others I like but I am gonna leave it at six.
Mr igloo Wow, this is quite devastating... Such a great producer and DJ, I wish the best for him in the future and that maybe he will have a change of heart to come back someday.
raindancerob
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
well it must of been officially released this year then :o)

actually, if you checked all the Future Dance Digitals, it seems like the updater, mad_max_83, just added a generic date on them all. Propably based on the dates from HardBeatStore, but the tracks existed long before that on the old Nu Energy site.

going to update those i can

thanks i wasnt aware of that :o)
DJHaze
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
This is horrible!

Infexious was an amazing label, and I was looking forward to new material from Impact on Recycled...

That still will be happening we have a lot of tunes forthcoming from Impact.

Cheers,

Ben
The Doc sad to see him go, but lets face it, 10 years of hardcore and then change? let him try to make money in another form of dance music! it won't work! I'm amazed how these DJ's (producers) suddenly change! How can Impact do hardcore for 10 years, then "not feel the vibe" ect! hes pissed off because of money!
DJ-Hutchy I think that IMPACT was and will always be an absolute legend in the scene!!

BIG UP "IMPACT" FOR LOVING, WRITING & BANGING OUT THE HARDCORE, THE WAY THAT RORY DID..

Will be sadly missed
DJ-Intensity
quote:
Originally posted by DJHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
This is horrible!

That still will be happening we have a lot of tunes forthcoming from Impact.

Cheers,

Ben

Whey I am looking forward to them choons.

Torpex
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
How can Impact do hardcore for 10 years, then "not feel the vibe" ect! hes pissed off because of money!

And you know it because...?
silver This is true, please read the news page, hat is a cut n paste email from Impact he sent me to to release.

Fade quit as well, please again read the news page achieves :)
DarrenJ him, complusion n orbit1 could become a electro super group and wear animal suits live
InstaLLer Impact`s latest summer mix was the best i`ve ever listened!!!...
AJSharps luvin the mix, nice one impact!
anyone know where to get his tune 'Addiction'? i havent heard it before n luv it
kdf its on his new ep on return of the clans mate
DJ-Intensity I remember one of Fades choons it was on Hardcore Tsunami 2.
AJSharps sorry i meant digitally or on a cd
whispering
quote:
anyways, nowadays when I look back at his stuff, they didn't sound that good (unless it was with brisk or ham). The only tracks I can say I liked was Wizardry and The Vortex

The Other Side <3

Anyway, Impact made some mighty fine tunes.
Roberticus This is indeed sad news... :(
But if he wants to go on, then it is his right to go on :)

Some of my favorite HHC tracks come from Impact (like Someday and Sunlight), I hope to see releases from him again in the future! :)
TypeR
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
and i just got my ticket in the mail to WINTER MASSIF in seattle!!

impact is headlining!! wohoo!!

i also saw him in toronto about a year ago, so needless to say this party in january will be worth the 6 hour road trip.

this just makes it that much more awesome now i guess, because i'm assuming this'll be his last north american appearance

that was two years ago bro. this year it's elixer from toronto.

Vitalism Err... I feel really dumb for saying that now. Ahahaha!

TypeR don't feel dumb bro, it was just a mistake.

here is the video from winter massif 2k7 where impact headlined. the place was going apeshit!

part 1.

part 2.

that's me playing an oldskool hard house set at the beginning of part 2
TypeR one of my most favorite tunes is an impact song, someday both remixes, but the original one is best imo that and summer sun by impact and inverse.

choons

sorry for the edit

but sunlight is a chooooon as well.

tklown I remember when Impact played at Candyball. Was an amazing set <333

Just an incredible producer and dj, and been in the scene for so long. He wrote so many diverse tunes, such a talented guy. Thanks!!!
Deverse Just listened to his mix, I miss his oldschool tunes!

Anyways anyone know if Impact had ever played at HTID?
DJ-Intensity
quote:
Originally posted by Deverse:
Just listened to his mix, I miss his oldschool tunes!

Anyways anyone know if Impact had ever played at HTID?

I am not sure about that one.

djepi Don't believe this. Hes been on such the best form recently.

Why quit now?
silver
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
Don't believe this. Hes been on such the best form recently.

Why quit now?

Read the news page, it explains all.
Samination Like Fade said when he left, Is all 'bout the moneh.
whittle1 Shame tbh...really enjoyed some of his tunes. Not keen on his freeform work, i think he got bored of his usual style of tracks so tried something different, but just didn't work for me. Downloading the mix now :)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Shame tbh...really enjoyed some of his tunes. Not keen on his freeform work, i think he got bored of his usual style of tracks so tried something different, but just didn't work for me. Downloading the mix now :)

what? dont like funky technician?
Future_Shock
quote:
Like Fade said when he left, Is all 'bout the moneh.

It's not ALL about the money.

You've got to be stupidly naive if you think that, when you do something as a profession, money doesn't play a part - it does, in a completely not shallow way... You need to pay bills, and you need to put food on the table.

But it definitely goes a lot deeper than money in this case as i've had many discussions about these sort of things with Rory before.

Nobody should think he is turning his back on the scene just because it has little money in it. It's had little money for a long time and he kept with it - but like it's been said - he's given us 10 years of selflessness - it's his prerogative to move on.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:

You've got to be stupidly naive if you think that, when you do something as a profession, money doesn't play a part - it does, in a completely not shallow way... You need to pay bills, and you need to put food on the table.

But it definitely goes a lot deeper than money in this case as i've had many discussions about these sort of things with Rory before.

Nobody should think he is turning his back on the scene just because it has little money in it. It's had little money for a long time and he kept with it - but like it's been said - he's given us 10 years of selflessness - it's his prerogative to move on.

I was just being sarcastic?

geesh, your post is just like Wilky's on the CLSM Australia thread.

And if you had read Fade's farewell notice, you can clearly see it was meant against the top tier dj's, not towards the little money the other artists makes
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:

And if you had read Fade's farewell notice, you can clearly see it was meant against the top tier dj's, not towards the little money the other artists makes

I knwo you were being sarcastic, i wasn't having a go at you.

Just using it as an example... Don't want people getting the wrong impression.

I apologise if i offended you, though. It wasn't really directed AT you.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I knwo you were being sarcastic, i wasn't having a go at you.

Just using it as an example... Don't want people getting the wrong impression.

I apologise if i offended you, though. It wasn't really directed AT you.

I should also be honest and say I didn't completely read your post either :(
It's quite funny that a easy going guy like me tend to get aggresive when people type something
chriss13 Has to be said im gutted to hear impact has quit :(

loved most of his tunes, especially sunrise & someday. i remember when he was live on hardcoreunited/hardcorerevolution and i always nagged for those tracks when they were still unreleased
ravekutz I think he'll move on to trance... If you've lost your passion for something why continue.
Skif Bad news to all fans of a happy hardcore(((
von-X It's a shame such names as Impact has to quit the scene... His mix with Resist on Hardcore Tunez 3 was immense! One of my alltime favs.
Samination It's an Impact indeed, 'cause it's an Impact in need
Camilla im so sorry to hear that :( he is one of my favourite artists.
Torpex
quote:
It's an Impact indeed, 'cause it's an Impact in need

Swedish fail.

In fact I resist!

It took 4.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page