Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The Big List of Hardcore Rip Offs/Cover Versions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Triquatra We are putting together a vast and awesome list of all those wonderful hardcore cover versions and rip-offs of non hardcore tracks over the years! here are the list so far!

it comes in two flavours - Original first, for those of you who are looking for a hardcore remix of a track....and cover/rip off first, for those of you who have a hardcore track in your head..and your wondering who did the original?!!?111

Last Updated: 26th April 2009
(100 tracks added, small name changes made)

(Original Version First)
http://triquatra.co.uk/covers

(Cover Version First)
http://triquatra.co.uk/covers2

Shout out if you know a track and original artsit that isnt on this list that needs to be! Hardcore points will go to the user who gives the correct original/RIP.

ground rules - please:
  • remember this list is for ripoffs/cover versions of non-hardcore tunes

• track must have been avalible as general release either CD, Vinyl, or Well Established Artist MP3
    (as we do need some form of quality control there lol

• do some quick research online first, make sure you got the right artist/cover

• try to make sure any tracks suggested are not in the list

• (remember as an example DJ Breeze could be under Breeze, without "DJ" etc, so give it a good look over)

• when suggesting a hardcore track that is a cover version, that you dont know the original please provide a small
    sample/embedded youtube video so that we call all discuss and look for the original.

one last thing to remember is that remixes of remixes/rip offs dont matter IE:
all we need is
Zoee - Techno Wonderland / Ravers Choice - Techno Wonderland
we dont need to go as far as
Zoee - Techno Wonderland / Ravers Choice - Techno Wonderland (original mix)
Zoee - Techno Wonderland / Ravers Choice - Techno Wonderland (mix 1)
Zoee - Techno Wonderland / Ravers Choice - Techno Wonderland (2009 remix)
etc etc etc...
that would just be silly - once people know who did the rip, the rest is easy to find out :)

have fun! - get suggesting! - get your name on the thankyou's! ;)
URLS updated.
acidfluxxbass well, since ive been listening to the supasets all this month xD
i have a few to add

luna-c - 99 problemo's (linkin park vs jayz)
ufo - rockstar (nickleback)
top cat - walking on the moon (police)
top cat - ' (luNA-C REMIX)
luna-c - total johnny (will post original artist later)
wizbit - my immortal (evanescence) (+ luna-c remix)

ill add more
Triquatra i will put some of the more official tracks from supaset in, but some of the 30 sec ones i wouldnt worry about..they need to have been released or popular outside of mixes..
i dont think we should be too concerned about remixes of the cover version
ie if it existed
Breeze - Complete Heaven (99 Mix)
Breeze - Complete Heaven

just "breeze - complete heaven" should suffice :D

also which nickleback song is UFO - Rockstar a cover of? i cant seem to find it on discogs..
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i will put some of the more official tracks from supaset in, but some of the 30 sec ones i wouldnt worry about..they need to have been released or popular outside of mixes..
i dont think we should be too concerned about remixes of the cover version
ie if it existed
Breeze - Complete Heaven (99 Mix)
Breeze - Complete Heaven

just "breeze - complete heaven" should suffice :D

also which nickleback song is UFO - Rockstar a cover of? i cant seem to find it on discogs..

i only selected the ones that made it onto the official tracklists.

and which nickelback song is UFO - rockstar from :|
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_(Nickelback_song)
'we all just wanna be big rockstars.. blah"

Quicksilver Great list!

Just modify Sarah McLachlan - Silence to Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan! ;)

Add to Savage Garden - To The Moon & Back: Gammer & Whizzkid - To The Moon And Back.

Robbing (on True Hardcore 2) / Club Generation (on CXH5) - Every Heartbeat is a remix of Robyn's With Every Heartbeat.

Double Dutch - Heaven is a remix of Bryan Adams' Heaven. So is Manian Feat. Aila - Heaven (Breeze Remix).

Tina Cousins - Hymn (G-Spencer & Gammer Remix) is a remix of Ultravox's Hymn.

Hixxy & Re-Con - Power Of Love is a remix of Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Power Of Love.

Darren Styles & Whizzkid - Girlfriend is a remix of Supertramp's Breakfast In America.

M&C Feat. Rebecca Rudd - Magic Touch (Squad-E Remix) borrows heavily from Celine Dion's Because You Loved Me.

Breeze & Ritmen - If I Were You is a remix of Candee Jay's If I Were You.

Hixxy - No 1 is a remix of Alicia Keys' No One.

The Real Booty Babes - I Kissed A Girl (Dougal & Gammer Remix) is a remix of Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl. They also made Played Alive (Dougal & Gammer Remix) but I'm unsure who did the original Played Alive.

Bassfreakerz - Cry For You (Darren Styles Remix) is a remix of September's Cry For You.

EDIT:

Prior to writing the message I had only read the list which mentions the original artists first... Noticed now there's considerably more on the other list. :P Some of these here are already there.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Great list!

Hixxy & Re-Con - Power Of Love is a remix of Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Power Of Love.

i thought they remixed the feeder b-side version from 'picture of a perfect youth'?
Quicksilver Well, in any case, the lyrics originally come from the Frankie Goes To Hollywood song. :D
Triquatra :) thankyou guys, will add in just a little bit - only reason i hadnt put delirium feat sarah m was because it was long...maybe i shall just put delirium, cause who cares who the singer is :P

*edit*
yeah i actually perfer the list that has the cover's version first - but the one that lists the original artist first is useful for "hmm, i wonder if there was a hardcore remix of...." situation :)
Quicksilver * Delerium

:D
Triquatra lol, im adding them at the moment :P

original of played alive was safri duo..
they also did an amazing song called adagio - which you should definiatly have a listen to :)
SPOOX That's a really good useful site mate. Nice one.
Jax this could take a Long time :)

will be nice to see what gets uncovered
Quicksilver Also:

Evil Activities - No Place To Hide (Björk - Hidden Place)
Evil Activities & Chaosphere - State Of Emergency (Björk - Jóga)
Amnesys - Worldwide Crisis (Marilyn Manson - Resident Evil Theme)
Stunned Guys - Hymn (Ultravox - Hymn)
Tommyknocker - Twist (Korn - Twisted)
Jappo & Lancinhouse - Exlxaxl (Enya - Exile)

Okay, there's tons of that hard hardcore...
Triquatra oh you bugger - just as i finish putting the ones up you posted last! :P
Quicksilver Life's tough. :P
Jax i suppose all the ready or not remixes are copies of the fugee's who stole it from enya :P
Triquatra technically yes - but since all the remixes use Fugee's vocals as well...credit this time falls to fugee's
Quicksilver I noticed something that needs fixing. :P Savage Garden - To The Moon And Back has also the September - Cry For You songs.

Oh, one more song - Ham - Scream Your Heart Out is a remix of Lostprophets - Rooftops. :P
Samination New
Styles & Breeze - You're My Angel (Final Fantasy - You're My Angel)
Bass-X vs Scott Brown - Pilgrim (not 2000 mix) (DJ Dave Davis - Transfiguration)
In Iki & El Niño - Remembrance (Hypnosis - Droid)

Addition
D-Minus & DJ storm - Fly with You (Gigi D'Agostino - L'amour Toujours)
Ripped2Fcuk - Alice Deejay (Alice Deejay - Better of Alone)

Gigi D'Agostino - Fly With you, is to my knowledge actualyl called L'amour Toujours
Triquatra its both, so i shall put both, just so we are all happy :) i shall add saminations - then any more that are posted or PMed afterwards will get put on tomorrow (its 12:30am here..so i guess i mean today..when i wake up)

*edit* songs added, thanks added (at bottom of page, if you dont want your name there just tell me), some errors fixed - please point out if you see any others!
Samination New:
DJ UFO - A New Years Day - U2 - New Years Day
Tipsy T - Pump That Shit - Nostrum - Brainchild
G Spencer & Gammer - Space Exploration - Cosmic Gate - Exploration of Space
DJ Demand - Why? - Moby - Why do My Heart feel so bad?

New (more than one song):
- Brisk & Vagabond vs Uraken - Tokyo Rush
- Steven Davidson - Heart of Asia
Ryuichi Sakamoto - Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence (Heart of Asia)

Addition:
DJ Kurt - Spaceman - Babylon Zoo - Spaceman

Addition (more than one song):
- DJ Kurt - Chilled Ren
- Gerard Requena - Children (makina)
Robert Miles - Children
Luna-C At the risk of being pedantic - it might be worth separating cover versions from samples. A cover version is where the track is resung by a new singer, but keeps the lyrics etc etc. A rip off steals the actual original music. UFO's Rockstar, or any of my Supaset tracks are rip offs, not cover versions. The resung version of Six Days on Raver Baby is a cover version. Just thought I would mention it :o)

Great, and useful, idea for a site though!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Luna-C:
At the risk of being pedantic - it might be worth separating cover versions from samples. A cover version is where the track is resung by a new singer, but keeps the lyrics etc etc. A rip off steals the actual original music. UFO's Rockstar, or any of my Supaset tracks are rip offs, not cover versions. The resung version of Six Days on Raver Baby is a cover version. Just thought I would mention it :o)

Great, and useful, idea for a site though!

Was going to ask about that.
Alos the reason why I didnt mention alot of Scott Brown tracks, or "Play this track" remixes :P

What are considered covers? only tracks with vocals, or instrumental songs aswell?
Triquatra will add the new songs in a bit - i think you guys are right there does need to be some sectioning up and clarification on the songs - its going to get a re-design anyway cause wow there are alot of songs arent there, up to over 300 at the moment, any ideas on how it could be layed out?
Samination are you usign plain text or a database?
Vitalism totally unrelated. i had to laugh at this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxhz7qBL9t4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxhz7qBL9t4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

anyone remember johnny 5?
Samination a little bit..

but come and follow me?
ChrisDale ooh good work man
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
totally unrelated. i had to laugh at this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxhz7qBL9t4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxhz7qBL9t4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

anyone remember johnny 5?

Truly moving
Triquatra at the moment its just plain text, the new system will be a database one, i have an excell document on the computer ive always had the titles on and like i said - was just throwing it up on the site real quick till i have a nice new system up there :)
whispering Awesome site :)

The Speedfreak "Never Surrender" plays a part of Mark Oh's "When The Childrens Cry". But i'm not sure if thats the original either.

The Speedfreak "Days of Anger" is a ripoff of Giuseppe Verdi's "Dies Irae".
Triquatra edited added and updated, keep em coming :D
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
What are considered covers? only tracks with vocals, or instrumental songs aswell?

Some instrumentals can be covers, like Wonter's version of Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. Or is it just considered a remix? I confused myself now.
Quicksilver Dario G vs Hixxy - Dream To Me (Original: The Cranberries - Dreams).
Triquatra cheers quicksilver :)

matricks - its all crazy! lol

i dont think we're putting anything on that uses things Like a rap sample..for instance not bothering to put the fact that scott brown used pras michael's ghetto superstar samples..
"couldnt take it no more, so i became hardcore"

though for some reason i left DJ Energy - King of Rock/Run DMC - King of Rock on there....i shall remove that when i add quicksilvers one :)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
Awesome site :)

The Speedfreak "Never Surrender" plays a part of Mark Oh's "When The Childrens Cry". But i'm not sure if thats the original either.

The Speedfreak "Days of Anger" is a ripoff of Giuseppe Verdi's "Dies Irae".

When the Children Cries is originally by White Lion
Triquatra updated and corrected :) when i finish cleaning the house tomorrow i shall get them in better order, they are most in alphabetical order...but clearly there are a few that are slightly out of place
whispering Brisk & Ham "Crazy Love", Original is Alexia "Number One"

Brisk & Brown "Back & Forth", Original is Alexia "Me And You"
Skidzorz Hixxy - The Game (Tetris)

And then I think either Cheever or Lumin8 did a Teris remix.
Quicksilver Cover: Hixxy & Re-Con - Need Your Loving
Original: The Korgis - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime
Triquatra cheers chaps, i will be adding the new tracks and any others on the 22nd when i get back from my holiday - i DO have the laptop with me, but atm im basking in cornwalls wonderfully sunny weather (HAHAHAHA)
whispering It says Broken Wings is C-Block - Broken Wings (1998), but that one is from the 80's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyeVfuolT4
Triquatra hmm, thats odd, i wonder why i put c-block, everyone knows its from the 80s lol

i'll do the updates tonight!
Triquatra all updated, thankyou for the adds people :)

anymore for anymore?

i will add all of the Ripped2Fcuk tracks over the next week, so anyone wondering why they arent on there at this very moment, its because my mouse is on the other side of the room and i cant be bothered to go get it and plug it in...which would help the whole browsing, ctnl C/V ing :)

tetris is under "nintendo" and Traditional Russian - Korobeiniki"
mainly so that you get the original, and its easy for people to find.. :)
whispering Mark Shepherd "So Light" original is Nina Gordon "Tonight and the Rest of My Life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNalgAc64E
Both are so awesome that urge eveyone to check them out.

ps. this topic really should be a sticky, hate to always need to dig it up :p
Triquatra to add to the 50'thou other stickys we gots? ;)

good one though - i should run through my vinyl and add all the covers that i got there too!
i'll get it updated tonight :)
C.Kay C-Kay - 5am is a cover of Unique - 5am :)
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Well, in any case, the lyrics originally come from the Frankie Goes To Hollywood song. :D

yes but the actual song remix and the vocals used were by feeder, so the list may have to be altered.
acidfluxxbass marilyn manson - cryptochild = luna-c - my angel // U.F.O’s Orchestral Remix, Psycangle Remix, Wonter Remix, Hattrixx Remix

the verve - bittersweet symphony = mikk & eVias - bittersweet hardcore // mikk & eVias - bittersweet hardcore (enVias remix)

beatles - help = Luna-C – Help 2009

BBE - 7 days one week // Joey Riot remix
Triquatra cheers guys, keep em coming - will update them this evening

we try and keep to wherever the originals came from, seems a little easyer..

bittersweet, for instance, the orchestral sample the song uses is from the Andrew Oldham Orchestra recording of The Rolling Stones' 1965 song "The Last Time" as its foundation..

now we could put the verve, but someones going to come along and say "you freekin n00bs that song was out way before that"

i dont wanna be called a n00b :(
95_was_the_time i friend the other day lent me a copy of this jean michel jarre concert, paris 1994. there's a tune on the end and after i heard it, there's a vinylgrover tune that is blatantly a take on it, a rip off or a direct remix. can't remember which tune but it's kind of carabian sounding.
Triquatra nice one bob, I'll keep my ears open for that one :)
DarrenJ maybe put prodigy under the song they sampled?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDQfPznkfzU

since both scott brown n spinback only used the vocals
whispering Found another one today while listening DI's eurodance channel:

DJ Storm "This Is The Night" / DJ Stompy "This Is The Night" , original is Jacynthe "This Is The Night". Both versions are ace, original better though :p

Triquatra sweet! i'll get that added tonight! :)
Triquatra i have more to add - does anybody want to throw any more on cause im doing the update tomorrow evening (saturday night, dance, i like the way you move)

!!!!

:)
Pipps DJ, I checked your list, and it does not appear to contain 'Monty & D'Skys Featuring DJ Stompy - Promises'.

http://www.discogs.com/Monty--DSkys-Featuring-DJ-Stompy-Electric-Love-Promises/release/254854

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiC5BdIVfm8

It's an absolute tune!
Rayovac Add Fade & Menis - Guardcore under Opus III - It's A Fine Day.

Under Nintendo - Tetris/Traditional - Korobeiniki, it should be Brisk & Stormtrooper - Twatris. Not Hixxy & Stormtrooper - Twatris.

Under Madonna - Like a Prayer, it should Bass-D & Matthew King - Like A Dream, not Bass-D & Matthew King - Like A Death.

Under Kristin Hurst - Your Ghost, add an S to the end of the track title. It's Scott Brown - Ghosts.
Triquatra all updated, corrected, added, changed and thankyou names added

thankyou, keep em coming! :)
nrXic I used to listen to a lot of Eurodance and Freestyle and noticed a lot of HHC remixes...but I don't know the names of the HHC versions.

For example someone did a HHC remix of Lil' Suzy's When I Fall in Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIGqmQnDQI and Memories (I can only find Netzwerk's remix on YouTube, but check it out to see which song I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I-BcZIpuA4).

So maybe I can help in a roundabout manner? :P I'll give this list a look over the weekend and see what I can find. Just took a quick look and I saw a few...in case I forget I'll post them quick here: Ice MC - Think about the Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WU94oWlkV8) and Roxxy's I'll never stop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dYENYwpCRg

Again, I don't know the HHC version names as I heard them in older online mixes where people never popped in tracklistings and the like, but I'm sure that someone here has heard these songs. I apologize, but hopefully it points you to the right direction.

Anyways this thread is very cool, I find things like this fascinating.

Hey this should be my 100th post here! Finally, after over 7 years! heheh.
Triquatra hey thankyou! :)
you got yourself on the list! we didnt have that one
Frisky & Hujib - I'll Never Stop
being the remix of "Roxxy - I'll Never Stop"
(who are canadian producers too!!) :)

if you can think of the names of the hardcore remixes of any of those other songs that would be great (or if anyone else knows them)

i'll give it a few days before add this one+thanks so we can collect a few more via this thread then i'll do an update! (saves having to update constantly)
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by nrXic:
Memories (I can only find Netzwerk's remix on YouTube, but check it out to see which song I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I-BcZIpuA4).

Renegade & Damaja "Memories"
Scott Brown "Memories"
Sunrize "Memories"

(the first one is the best one, proper HHC with piano)
Triquatra going to add a ton tonight, as well as these, so if anyones got any more they want to throw in the mix, just shout em out :)
nrXic Patti Smith - Because the Night (remixed by Cascada with the same track name)
Atomic Kitten - Right Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpQRsUyBLHY, forgot who remixed it but it was on Anabolic Frolic radio station all the time, I loved the track too)

Triquatra hah, i totally forgot i was going to do an update because my brother is here to visit! i shall do an update this week though

cascada isnt hardcore in the slightest! tis just regular cheesy dance music
nrXic
quote:
hah, i totally forgot i was going to do an update because my brother is here to visit! i shall do an update this week though

cascada isnt hardcore in the slightest! tis just regular cheesy dance music

Sorry I forgot to mention it was a Breeze and Unknown remix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISaWaJCP5Z8

I guess they credited Cascada rather than Patti Smith because they used their vox rather than use the original.
Rayovac Under Stimulant DJS - Are You Serious?, add Brisk & Ham - Serious Hardcore (Vagabond Remix). If that counts, anyway.

What's up with Ryuichi Sakamoto - Merry Christmas Mr Laurence? It should be Steven Davidson - Heart of Asia, with Brisk and Vagabond - Tokyo Rush under that. Tokyo rush is based off Heart of Asia, which in turn is based off Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence.

Add Olive - You're Not Alone, and under that add Da Edge - Not Alone.

Under N Trance - Set You Free, remove the Brisk and Storm - Set You Free entry. Replace it with the separate entries Brisk - Set Free, and Storm - Set Free. (Note the lack of "You")

Under Chicago - Hold Me Now, change Scott Brown - Mindpunks to Brisk & Scott Brown - Mindpunks

Add The Shamen - Move Any Mountain, and under that add Blatant Beats 1 - Mountain Move

Add Zero B - Lock Up, and under that add Blatant Beats 1 - Lock Down

Under Theme - Jaws, add Sharkey - Shark Attack.

Add Rank 1 - Airwave, and under that add Ballistic Bootlegs 5 - Airwave

Add Billie Ray Martin - Your Loving Arms, and under that add Ballistic Bootlegs 5 - Put Your Loving Arms

Edit:
Oh yeah, Add Duran Duran - Ordinary World, and under that add Dream Foundation - Ordinary.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by C Cell:
Under Stimulant DJS - Are You Serious?, add Brisk & Ham - Serious Hardcore (Vagabond Remix). If that counts, anyway.

Stimulant DJ's are Brisk & Ham, so I dont think so. And I think it should be the other way around, because Im pretty sure Serious Hardcore version came out before Are You Serious?
quote:
What's up with Ryuichi Sakamoto - Merry Christmas Mr Laurence? It should be Steven Davidson - Heart of Asia, with Brisk and Vagabond - Tokyo Rush under that. Tokyo rush is based off Heart of Asia, which in turn is based off Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence.

The theme song for Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence is considered as Heart of Asia. as Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence is the movie's name :P Slate that, Just checked it up, Heart of Asia was a remix based on Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence by Watergate, but in the end, Ryuichi Sakamoto did the original
Also, the Steve Davidson track was made AFTER Tokyo Rush, as it just ride along Brisk & VAGABONDs success of Tokyo Rush
quote:
Oh yeah, Add Duran Duran - Ordinary World, and under that add Dream Foundation - Ordinary.

it's already there mate, unless djtriq did a quick one o.O
Rayovac
quote:
quote:
Under Stimulant DJS - Are You Serious?, add Brisk & Ham - Serious Hardcore (Vagabond Remix). If that counts, anyway.

Stimulant DJ's are Brisk & Ham, so I dont think so. And I think it should be the other way around, because Im pretty sure Serious Hardcore version came out before Are You Serious?

Ok.

quote:
quote:

Also, the Steve Davidson track was made AFTER Tokyo Rush, as it just ride along Brisk & VAGABONDs success of Tokyo Rush

Learn something new every day...

quote:
The theme song for Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence is considered as Heart of Asia. as Merry Christmas Mr. Laurence is the movie's name :P

Oh. Ok. :P

quote:
quote:

it's already there mate, unless djtriq did a quick one o.O

Oops!
Samination If makina and japanese hardcore should be added, I might have some more tracks to add :P

anyways,

New
Foreigner - I want to know what Love is (multiple tracks
- Voodoo Posse - Love is (Fade & Bananaman)
- Dany BPM - I want to know what Love is (makina)
Triquatra lol, thankyou for the adds and the changes

"are you serious?" came out first, i bought it when it first came out on vinyl on tidy trax :)
Samination
quote:
lol, thankyou for the adds and the changes

"are you serious?" came out first, i bought it when it first came out on vinyl on tidy trax :)

my bad then :P
Triquatra and that is a shiney new avatar mr samination!
Samination Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory. Symphonic Power Metal. No known hardcore covers tho :P
Triquatra i think i have some of their music somewhere!
Triquatra massive update y'all

over 100 tracks added!!!!! :)
Samination have you transfered the database to sql yet? if not i might do it :P
Triquatra well let me put it like this...wedding on may 9th + lazy = no :P

Samination if you dont mind, i could try to do it on my own?
I dont need any files, i could just siterip your site :P
Triquatra you're more than welcome, i just dont want it to be turned into an add anything fest - theres a few sites out there claiming cosmic gate, scooter and other acts as hardcore and slandering our good name ;)

if you can come up with a practical way to do it, it just gets a bit wierd what with more than one song being remixed by different artists, differnet artists doing one remix of two songs...that sort of stuff being able to sort it by remixer first, then artist they covered, and then on the flipside, being able to sort it by original song first, and then the artists song and title who remixed it..
Samination
quote:
you're more than welcome, i just dont want it to be turned into an add anything fest - theres a few sites out there claiming cosmic gate, scooter and other acts as hardcore and slandering our good name ;)

if you can come up with a practical way to do it, it just gets a bit wierd what with more than one song being remixed by different artists, differnet artists doing one remix of two songs...that sort of stuff being able to sort it by remixer first, then artist they covered, and then on the flipside, being able to sort it by original song first, and then the artists song and title who remixed it..

shouldnt be a hassle to fix :)

just going to copy tour design right off. But yea, not all remixes are remxies of the originals. some are remixes on remixes (like Dougal & Gammer - 6th Gate (Breeze & Styles remix))
Triquatra see i was just leaving off remixes of remixes, as it defeats the point of it the list, which is supposed to be a very quick way to display covers/ripoff of non-hardcore songs, not who then went on to remix the cover/ripoff..cause that part is the easy part once you know who did the cover/ripoff or original

unless you are saying that i've put a remix of a remix on there..in which case ..BAH! i dont know how that happened and im removing it right now lol

im not sure of whats so wrong with the system i have in place...i thought i was doing alright just having people post the covers in this thread...then i would add them...simple layout..scroll down alphabetically...click..BAM..two cover versions..done
you dont want people going to my site? :(
Samination no no, I didnt mean to steal it right off, just wanted to help (and to play more with php and mysql)
Triquatra so what are you making? precisely...is it an admin type page attached to a database?

i still think its nice that people get to post here to have them added, gives people a chance to ask questions and discuss the covers and ripoffs etc etc
nrXic Sorry for my incomplete replies here (that is, I name the original but don't know the name of the HHC track).

I heard a happy hardcore remix of The Primitive's Crash:

The HHC remix basically sampled the song itself rather than simply the vocals, so if you've heard the HHC version the vid will make you remember it right away.

Triquatra Luna C - Crash :)

i'll get the update done over the weekend - i have another 40 songs to add thisi weekend :)
djyogi I'd just looking at the bootleg cd's on hardcore adrenalin I believe it is. It has tracks like ATB - 9PM remixed etc.

There are so many that I know but a few from the top of my head are:

Antix and reazn - Know who I am (Remix of googoo dolls iris)
Weaver - Blue eyes (Could be a cover of a Limpbizkit song)
Stompy - Maniacs (Old 80's tune)
Fabulous faber - Hey Jude (Beatles - Hey Jude)

--------Will look at all my tracks and re-post another day
Triquatra that antix one isnt on there, so will add, the others are on there though :)

fabulous faber = ravers choice
djyogi All of these tracks are remixes of originals. I have listed for some who the original is by, the rest you will have to work out.

I must say I pretty much gave up... There's a crap load more but here is a start:

Anon - Calling out
Anon - Set you free again
Anon - Moving 2004
Anon - Ready to fly (old 90's group)
Anon - Every day (Agnelli and Nelson)
Anon - Loving you more
Anon - Airwave (Rank 1)
Anon - Put your loving arms
Anon - In my dreams
Anon - Call on me (Original old 80's song)
Impact - the voice (original by John Farnham)
Imapct - Hold me now (original by chicago)
Anon - Gouryella (original by ferry corsten)
Anon - Loneliness (Original by dj tomcraft)
Brisk and vegabond - Punch drunk (original by some hip hop group)
Dj Dirt - locked inside your mind (original by ?)
Dj phospor - booty calls
Dyewitness - observing earth (Original by the carpenters - calling occupants of interplanetary craft)
Jakazid_Ft_Barry_Scott_-_Cillit_Bang (original by some tv ad)
Marusha - over the rainbow (original by some 70's group)
King ace - dark side of the moon (original by some trance group)
02_andy_whitby_and_matt_lee_-_everybodys_free_ (original by ?)
03_va_-_nukleuz_kollective_-_heaven (Original by brian adams)
love_assasins_-_teardrops
sparky_and_syntronik_-_dare_me
stu_allan_-_superman (superman theme)
cappella_-_u_got_to_let_the_music_(k_complex_voycey_and_douglas_rmx)
petruccio_and_sytronik_-_bullet_in_the_gun (Original by Paul Oakenfold, if not him it came from his label)
crw-i_feel_love_(breeze_and_styles_mix
nukleuz_kollective_-_sandstorm_(audioscape_rmx) (original by Darude)
mikk-i_will_love_again (original by Lara Fabian)
chocolate_party-wikid_(dj_kurt_remix)
hnk-last_night_a_dj_saved_my_life_(joey_riot_remix)
S3RL-Devil (original by 666 - devil)
jobabe_-_ready_or_not_(dj_shimamura_rmx) - (original by the fugees)
himbo_and_robbie_s_-_tainted_love (Original by some 80's group)
sound_selektaz_-_umbrella_(hardcore_rmx) - (original some rnb group)
hnk_-_the_simpsons_(decibel_junkiez_rmx) - The simpsons theme
02_dj_foe_-_boogie_2nite
uraken_-_sweet_dreams (original by the eurythmics)
nukleuz_kollective_-_run_to_you
king_ace-dont_leave_me_alone (original by Paul Elstak)
king_ace-9pm_(till_i_come) - original by ATB
Liz_k_-_castles_in_the_sky_(darren_styles_remix)
Voodoo_and_serano_-_overload_(hixxy_and_recon_remix)
Storm & Euphony - The Red Pill (I think the original is by Hennes and cold I know it stems from a hard trance act)
Antix - cocaine (original by Blutonium boy I think)
Antix - Today (original by Smashing Pumpkins
Antix - Supervisor (original by infected mushroom
Back 2 bass - the beating of my heart (original by Madonna)
DJ Stompy - Sunshine on a Rainy Day
Jimmy J & Cru-L-T - Six Days (original is by some old house group)
Psycangle - It Never Happens To Me (Original by an old 80's group)
Ratty_-_Sunrise__Here_I_Am___Unreleased_Re-Con_Remix_
Scott Brown - Rock You Softly
Have a look at all the silk cuts (there all remixes)
Special D - Come with me (Hixxy remix)
Supreme & UFO - Sun Always Shines
The Saint - The Saint Goes Marching
Vinylgroover - John Gotti's Revenge
Vinylgroover & Trixxy - Space Odysey 2000 (ABH Mix)
Vinylgroover & Trixxy - Need Your Lovin'
Weaver - Come Into My Dreams (Hixxy Remix)
01. I Need Your Lovin' (Like The Sun) - Long, Robbie & Stormtrooper/Kristy
02. Cheater - Da Ripperz
03. Umbrella - Sound Selektaz
04. Boogie 2nite - DJ Foe
05. Do It Yourself - Uniting Nations
06. Run To You - Nukleuz Kollective
07. Ready Or Not - JoBabe
08. Every Breath You Take - Hot Fuzz
09. Set You Free - Nukleuz Kollective
10. Don't Leave Me Alone - King Ace
11. Try To Believe - Van Gogh, Niels
12. Tainted Love - Himbo & Robbie S
13. Sweet Dreams - Uraken & Calyn Tsukishima
14. Simpsons - HNK
15. WIKID - Chocolate Party
16. Last Nite A DJ Saved My Life - HNK
17. 9PM (Till I Come) - King Ace
18. Find Me (Odyssey To Anyoona) - JAKAZiD
19. Silence - Filthy Louca
20. Walking Away - Egg
01. Twisted Jerks ft Nemesis - Gypsy Disco
02. Injured Rezz feat. Kristy - Ride Like The Wind
03. JAKAZiD - Can't Hold Back
04. DJFoe - U Got The Love
05. The Hoxtons - Make You A Star (Fracus Remix)
06. CRW - I Feel Love (Breeze & Styles Rmx)
07. Sytronik & Petruccio - Bullet In The Gun
08. Nukleuz Kollective - Let Me Be Your Fantasy (Impact Remix)
09. Nukleuz Kollective - Boys Of Summer
10. Andy Whitby & Matt Lee - Everybody's Free (Stu Allan Remix)
11. Stu Allan & Peter Pritchard - Adagio For Strings
12. King Ace - Better Off Alone (Visa Remix)
13. King Ace - Castles In The Sky
14. DJ Destiny - What's Up? (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
15. Sound De-Zign - Happiness (Audioscape Remix)
16. Alibi vs Rockefeller - Sexual Healing (Sparky & Sytronik Remix)
17. Uniting Nations - Do It Yourself (Darwin Remix)
18. Delano & Crockett - Missing (DJ Kurt Remix)
19. Nukleuz Kollective - Sandstorm (Audioscape Remix)
Triquatra cheers dude, alot of those are already in there (plus the anon ones are all from Ballistic Bootlegs and Ripped2fcuk which are all on there too)

the ones that dont have the original artist next to them will be added eventually, but to be added to the list they need the original artist and title next to em...

if you could try and check weather they are already in the list too would speed things up a little :)
Triquatra first post edited to look pretty, and some ground rules added, cant have people just posting tracklists/lists of mp3s and saying "here do it yourself" ;)
Rayovac Add Brisk & Ham - Gettin' High under Steve Winwood - Higher Love.

Add Brisk & Fade - To My Beat under 4 Strings - Turn It Around
whispering Think these are originals, not at home so cant check the Hardcore versions names:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LKWNjR44No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LKWNjR44No
acidfluxxbass i made a BEP remix, but would it be invalid if not signed or something?
Triquatra trying to keep it to signed/released stuff vinyl and cd - much like the happyhardcore.com database :)

whispering - you posted the same vid twice :P
and i recognise it also - but cant check it till i get home haha - race ya ;)
Mortis
quote:
and i recognise it also - but cant check it till i get home haha - race ya ;)

It's Ruffage - Paradise.

What do I win?
Triquatra you're name added to the "for helping compile this list - thankyou to:" section at the bottom of the list!

:) and thankyou
whispering
quote:

LOL, shouldnt post stuff while i try to work :P

The other one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L32u-ARCCbo
Triquatra i dont know that one...singer sounds like the singer from capella though

or am i thinking of corona?
Mortis Just having a look at the list and a few just jumped into my head.

DJ Kaos - Sincerely Yours is a cover of Sweet Sensation Sincerely Yours
Scott Brown - Rock You Softly is a cover of Anouk - Michel
DJ Vibes - Sing it Loud is a cover of Sabrina Johnston - I Wanna Sing
Dougal & Eruption - I'm Gonna Get Ya is a remix of Bizzare Inc - I'm Gonna Get You
Eruption - Another Lonely Day is a remix of Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Frantic & Resist - Spending My Time is a remix of Roxette - Spending My Time
Scott Brown vs. Hyperbass - I Became Hardcore is a remix of Roxette - Spending My Time

I could do this all day
whispering
quote:
i dont know that one...singer sounds like the singer from capella though

or am i thinking of corona?

Back home again...

Yup same singer as in Corona. Hardcore version is:
Stompy "Born To Love U"
Its e.g. on Hardcore Tsunami 2 ;)
Triquatra agh! you buggers, i just updated it!

good job its a slow day at work ;) keep em coming!

*edit*
fully updated now! :P

and Rayovac....Alena did turn it around in 1999 - 4 strings did a remix/cover of it :P
Rayovac Under N Trance - Set You Free, remove the Brisk and Storm - Set You Free entry. Replace it with the separate entries Brisk - Set Free, and Storm - Set Free. (Note the lack of "You")

Under Chicago - Hold Me Now, change Scott Brown - Mindpunks to Brisk & Scott Brown - Mindpunks

Add The Shamen - Move Any Mountain, and under that add Blatant Beats 1 - Mountain Move

Add Zero B - Lock Up, and under that add Blatant Beats 1 - Lock Down

Under Theme - Jaws, add Sharkey - Shark Attack.

Add Theme - A Nightmare on Elm Street, and under that add Tazz & Concept - Elm Street.

Add Girls Aloud - No Good Advice, and under that add The Bandits - Wasted
Triquatra updated :)

but shark attack doesnt have any theme music from jaws and nightmare only has a few vocal samples from elm street not the theme
Rayovac
quote:
but shark attack doesnt have any theme music from jaws

Wait what?

Bah, I could have sworn it was in there.
Jackol
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Just having a look at the list and a few just jumped into my head.

DJ Kaos - Sincerely Yours is a cover of Sweet Sensation Sincerely Yours
Scott Brown - Rock You Softly is a cover of Anouk - Michel
DJ Vibes - Sing it Loud is a cover of Sabrina Johnston - I Wanna Sing
Dougal & Eruption - I'm Gonna Get Ya is a remix of Bizzare Inc - I'm Gonna Get You
Eruption - Another Lonely Day is a remix of Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Frantic & Resist - Spending My Time is a remix of Roxette - Spending My Time
Scott Brown vs. Hyperbass - I Became Hardcore is a remix of Roxette - Spending My Time

I could do this all day

Are there any remixes of Vibes - Sing it Loud that you know of? I'm not talking about the hard & soul ripoff.
Mortis Not that I know of.
kathryn ew how about Listen to your heart by Roxette
whispering Lick feat Kentucky Martha "I'm The Girl Of Your Dreams"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVTO6MDq8w4

Hardcore version: Solid Base "I'm The Girl Of Your Dreams"
Triquatra god i love the solid bass version of that track - thankyou, nice to know the original! :)
Rayovac Found some more.
Add Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), and under that add Uraken - Sweet Dreams and Sound Assassins - Sweet Dreams.

I also suspect Ethos & Dan Devotion - Cold is a cover of something, but I can't put my finger on it. :S

Edit: You forgot to add Mountain Move to the list. Also, under Jens - Loops N Tings, aren't those two the same thing? I mean, Cover Up was Hixxy & UFO.
whispering Some cheap ripoff's, all from one compilation :P

Shakira "Whenever, Wherever" -> Happy Nation "Whatever"
Alphaville "Forever Young" -> Cybermaniac "4-Ever Young"
Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time" -> Cybermaniac "Time After Time"
Christina Milian "AM to PM" -> Cybernater "From PM II AM"
Alphaville "Big in Japan" -> Tokia "Big In Japan"

This ones original i would like to know, as far as i can remember its some Irish folk song:
DJ Weirdo & Dr. Phil Omanski "Young Birds"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYhy1_7ULo
Edit: i think its "Bushes and Briars" but anyone have an artist, or is it so old that there isnt an "original artist"?
Edit 2: Ok, that track took the vocals from DJ Seduction "Sub Dub". Still searching for an original of some sort.
Triquatra sweet! will add them tomorrow, battling cubase at the moment! i shall not let it win!
Cactusman One more for your list mate:

UFO - Ascent = Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)

LOVE both of these :D
acidfluxxbass loads of bootlegs on the NEC resident show when it was hosted by Weaver.
Rayovac Add Balloon - Technorocker, and under that add Kaos & Ethos - Technorocker. ;)

Also, under Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?, add Project X - Mobotron
Wakka "Punk" Ferry Corsten
Just an example.
Pretty much every track that I find to be really amazing has been ripped off. Find some inspiration and creativity people!!!!
Meke
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:

I also suspect Ethos & Dan Devotion - Cold is a cover of something, but I can't put my finger on it. :S

Ethos & Dan Devotion - Cold is cover from Enya - Exile
Triquatra i'll do an update tonight, loads to add :)
Rayovac
quote:
Originally posted by Meke:
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:

Ethos & Dan Devotion - Cold is cover from Enya - Exile

Thank you! That was driving me crazy!
Triquatra new screen for my sister-in-laws Nintendo DS arrived today, so i have to replace that, then going to do the update :)
nrXic There is a Happy Hardcore version of Cheap Trick's Mighty Wings...but I don't know who did it. It's done with a female vocalist though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE7zlB-uVCM
Triquatra hmmm no idea :/
whispering S3RL "Slut" is a ripoff of a finnish trance classic Cosmicman "I Love You".
Triquatra wow i keep saying im going to update this lol
honest - i will!
Triquatra was just listening to "Way Out West - Mindcircles"

piano part is ..oddly familiar......."Scott Brown Feat Donji - I'm In Heaven" anyone? lol

acidfluxxbass gammer bootlegged the fray - how to save a life.
HARRIBO stompys - come follow me is max carl - follow me

_Jay_ Giving this a bump for Anderjuk2002.
Anderjuk2002 Cheers bud! :)
Triquatra I totally need to update this - I'll try to tonight, weather's been so nice recently though!
Samination 1) DJ Depath & M-Project - Children -> Robert Miles - Children
2) Gerard Requena... same song and title :P
rafferty Original ROBBIE WILLIAMS - ANGELS
remix DAFTVAPOUR - ANGELS (vaporized hardcore)
Sulphurik Just realised this very recently. i didn't realise the vocals were from the Tony Ronald track. Always really liked the Wonderful Days track. Been a fan of most of the versions including the Starsplash one too but think the Rotterdam Mix and Original are my fav ones. Do quite like the Tony Ronald track also.

Just remembering about Hixxy's Wonderful Days remix which loved also!

Triquatra Huh. Links are dead. I should probably fix that.
Samination
quote:
S3RL "Slut" is a ripoff of a finnish trance classic Cosmicman "I Love You".

Haha, now the s.l.u.t. part of the remix actually makes sense after whating that video :P
jordesuvi
quote:
S3RL "Slut" is a ripoff of a finnish trance classic Cosmicman "I Love You".

Oh my god this original is amazing! This melody sounds beautiful at a trance tempo.
Thanks for sharing :]
Dy5oN Listening to HU3 I discovered one I hadn't noticed before.
Clodhopper - Mystery (Y-Traxx - Mystery Land)
latininxtc Was creating a playlist of 90s electronic music for Amazon music and ran into this, Sweet Harmony by Beloved
https://youtu.be/c-3EdZoS47E

Was wondering why it sounded familiar and discovered it's because of this track by Hixxy
https://youtu.be/FGnhr1zwVwU

Don't think it's been listed here yet.
Sulphurik I always thought 69 or Styles & Breeze - You're My Angel was originally by them but discovered recently that it was originally produced by Final Fantasy.

Samination I actually managed to hear that song before the Styles & Breeze one.
DJGouda Even that one isn't the original version though. The melody is from a trance tune from 1999:
Samination that's very similar, but so are most of Scott Brown tracks to other stuff back in 98-01
Anon. Ultravibes also done a ripoff of cosmicman - i love you, I heard it on a bercore mix back in 06/07.
Anon. Also s3rl was class back in those days. Loved his pretty rave girl tune which is also a rip off of basshunter - dota
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Ultravibes also done a ripoff of cosmicman - i love you, I heard it on a bercore mix back in 06/07.

And so has S3rl.
Si Thompson Juan Cruz - Harmonycs

Si Thompson - Release Of Harmony
Triquatra fixed links in first post, when I get some spare time I might get around to updating it and putting it in a more sortable format. After 2009 things went mental with the chart rip offs, so i'm not surprised I stopped.

whosampled didn't exist etc etc but figured I would update the original links anyway for anyone interested.
Vladel I don't listen to chart music these days so i don't really know what is these days.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
I always thought 69 or Styles & Breeze - You're My Angel was originally by them but discovered recently that it was originally produced by Final Fantasy.

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I actually managed to hear that song before the Styles & Breeze one.

Came to post about You're My Angel but I see I had posted about this already in 2019!

I did come to post about hearing Re-Style - Get it crackin' (Sefa remix) which uses the You're My Angel melody but I had forgotten the Breeze & Styles version wasn't the original of the melody. Final Fantasy - You're my angel does seem to be what Breeze & Styles version is a cover of.

There is the 1998 track The Gate - Iron Eden which is where the melody probably originated from but You're My Angel melody is slightly different.

There is also 2002 trance track Altitude - Altitude which uses similar melody but not quite the same as You're my angel. Altitude was actually Steve Gibbs who was hardcore/ trancecore producer DJ Eclipse.
ChrisNeon
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:
Listening to HU3 I discovered one I hadn't noticed before.
Clodhopper - Mystery (Y-Traxx - Mystery Land)

No, that's definitely not Mysteryland. Been after a UKHC mix of that for yonks. There is a decent remix by X-Cyte but it's a vocal one, which isn't ideal when putting together a mix of Trance classics remixed.

What this Clodhopper track is, is Ayla - Ayla (DJ Taucher Remix). Check out Darwin's remix of the same for comparison:

Samination I still prefer the original. A completely different track.

It took 6.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page