Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Helter Skelter Sound Of Hardcore 2009 Tracklist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
craigy b http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/10150976/Helter-Skelter-Vs-Raindance-Presents-The-Sound-Of-Hardcore-2009/Product.html

Disc 1

1. Star Pilots - In The Heat Of The Night (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
2. September - Can't Get Over (Sy & Al Storm Remix)
3. Fragma - Memory (CLSM Remix)
4. Taya - Every Now And Then (Mike Modulate Remix)
5. Gathania - Blame It On You (Slipmatt, Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Mike Modulate Remix)
6. Eclipse - 24/7 (Squad E Remix)
7. Sound Selektaz & Karen Danzig - La La La La La (Mike Modulate Remix)
8. Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Sparky Feat. Fraz - Keep On Trying
9. Body Grooverz - Every Little Thing (Darwin & Entity Remix)
10. September - Until I Die (Hixxy Remix)
11. Dana Rayne - Make It On My Own (Modulate & Petruccio Mix)
12. Mike Modulate & Marie Louise - When I See You
13. Sound Selektaz Feat. Alison Wade - Every Day (Sparky Remix)
14. Virtue & Slammer - Don't Go (Gammer Remix)
15. Brisk & Ham - Getting Hi (Scott Brown Remix)
16. Jenna C - Right In The Night (Sparky Remix)
17. Dougal, Gammer & Micky Skeedale Feat. Jenna - Through The Darkness (Exclusive 2009 Album Remix)
18. Sy & Unknown Feat. Lou Lou - Don't Leave Me Now (Exclusive 2009 Album Remix)
19. Junior & The New Generation - Tears Fall (Slipmatt & Mike Modulate Remix)
20. Destiny Feat. Marie Louise - Don't Wanna Go
21. Himbo & Niki Mak - I'll Wait
22. The Hardcore Hit Squad Feat. Kyla - Under Your Spell

Disc 2

1. Dougal & Gammer Vs Darren Styles - Take Me Away (2009 Remix)
2. Flashback Project & Angie Brown - Ease The Pressure (Rampant Remix)
3. SL2 - On A Ragga Tip 2009 (Slipmatt & Mike Modulate Remix)
4. Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Sparky Feat. Daniel - Ride Like The Wind 2009
5. Hard & Soul - Sing It Louder
6. Cruze & Breaks - Everybody Wants To Be A DJ
7. Radio G - Just Dance (Slipmatt, Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Sparky Remix)
8. The Full Time Superstars Feat. Erire - Waiting For The Night (Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Sparky Remix)
9. Mobin Master Feat. Robin S. - Show Me Love (Billy 'Daniel' Bunter, Slipmatt & Mike Modulate Remix)
10. Slipmatt - Breaking Free 2009 (Slipmatt & Mike Modulate Remix)
11. Little Miss Detonate - Who's F**Ked
12. Sparky - Press Play On Tape (& Play With My Joystick)
13. Scott Brown - Turn Up The Music (Marc Smith & Al Storm Remix)
14. Ramos, Supreme & UFO - Terminator (Recon Remix)
15. Guru Josh Project - Infinity 2008 (Adam Harris Mix)
16. Peacemaker & Lucia Holm - Wasteland (CLSM Remix)
17. Mr. Dan & Sparks - Body Slam (Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Sparky Remix)
18. Sy & Joey Riot - Music Came First
19. Destiny - Get Busy
20. Brisk & Stormtrooper - Rudeboy Sounds
21. Seduction - Hardcore Heaven 2009 (Joey Riot Mix)
22. Top Vibe - Bomb Scared 2009

u can hear a few of the bunter tracks on his myspace page, will reserve judgement until i have heard a bit more (cant stand keep on trying tho)
Meathead My christ. That is actually shockingly bad

95 isnt gonna be happy. Another remix of on a ragga tip? Even im a little bit pissed at that. Plus the Guru Josh and various other commercial remixes.
Quicksilver 6. Eclipse - 24/7 (Squad E Remix)

That one sticks out like a sore thumb. WHY is that track on there? Everything else is new (as far as I can tell) except that one? lol

I'm disappointed with the tracklist, but I wonder who Mike Modulate is? Why haven't I ever heard of him before and suddenly half of the tracks contain him?
craigy b from the myspace page it seems he is rocket pimp, Mike Modulate is his hardcore name and rocket pimp is now the name for his breaks/electronic stuff

http://www.myspace.com/rocketpimpcyfi

make it on my own is on there and sounds crap
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I wonder who Mike Modulate is?

He also produces under the name Rocket Pimp, he makes preset packs for producers and he also had tracks on Crush on Hardcore 2 and Hardcore Underground 3 amongst others.
Mortis Oh yeah, the album looks shit.
DJ-Intensity ^^ I second that.
Triquatra it looks as though its going to give a perfect reflection of what the majority of hardcore sounds like in 2009... :)

nobodys saying thats a good thing though ;)
i guess i'll wait and see
acidfluxxbass i'll get it, but just to extent my hardcore collection, nothing on there stands out as particularly good or even interesting..

btw, 12. Sparky - Press Play On Tape (& Play With My Joystick) is quite nice... moves a bit slowly but has some great synths and melodies.
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
i'll get it, but just to extent my hardcore collection, nothing on there stands out as particularly good or even interesting..

We've been through this.....
SPOOX I was looking forward to this. Doesn't look great. Disappointing tracklist but will probably still buy it.

Gonna start calling CD's like this S.O.S
Wilky havnt got a clue how any of you can call a cd when you havnt heard the tracks.. wtf

who gives a shite if they're remixes of commercial tracks... you seem to forget hardcore (this type anyway) is under the same umbrella...

why do u think these albums are crammed with tunes that are in the charts?

coz thats who its aimed at, the regular chart buyer.. if they see names on it they recognise... they will buy it.. its called business
tru bass looks better than bonkers due to the lack of songs i know so yeah, il get this one.

and why only 2 discs?!
latininxtc yea this does look bad. maybe they should rename the 1st cd the bootlegs mix, considering that's what it reminds me of, the bootlegs mixes of the Hardcore Adrenaline series

and at 22 tracks per cd? yea i'm not buying this

EDIT: however, since Wilky did draw up a point, I will wait for the previews of these tracks (hopefully on juno soon) to make my final decision of whether to purchase this or not
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
havnt got a clue how any of you can call a cd when you havnt heard the tracks.. wtf

who gives a shite if they're remixes of commercial tracks... you seem to forget hardcore (this type anyway) is under the same umbrella...

coz thats who its aimed at, the regular chart buyer.. if they see names on it they recognise... they will buy it.. its called business

Who said anything about it being bad business? I said i wouldnt be buying it because of the chart remixes, simple as that. I dont want to hear this stuff so i wont buy it, simple.

Its actually very good business putting commercial tunes on a cd, we've been through this many a time with CLXH and the new Bonkers im sure, but i didnt say anything about it being bad business. And i can call a cd without hearing the tracks on it because i have had the misfortune of hearing the original commercial tracks that are to be on this album. There's no way i wanna hear them again at 170+.

Fair enough?
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
havnt got a clue how any of you can call a cd when you havnt heard the tracks.. wtf

Who said anything about it being bad business? I said i wouldnt be buying it because of the chart remixes, simple as that. I dont want to hear this stuff so i wont buy it, simple.

Its actually very good business putting commercial tunes on a cd, we've been through this many a time with CLXH and the new Bonkers im sure, but i didnt say anything about it being bad business. And i can call a cd without hearing the tracks on it because i have had the misfortune of hearing the original commercial tracks that are to be on this album. There's no way i wanna hear them again at 170+.

Fair enough?

well put like that who am i to argue otherwise?
Craigavon raver what the hell the crack with the fisrt cd all remixes of stuff i,ve never heard of before,but as some of you already mentioned all commercial crap,why so much of it as what hardcore ravers want 2 listen 2 that many tracks remixed?
Craigavon raver i,ve just found out what that guru josh project song is and all i can say is OH DEAR!
Meathead
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough?

Wilky.

An arguement is exactly what i was expecting
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough?

Wilky.

Ok:

These labels that put commercial wank core albums out dont give 2 shites what forum members give a shit, as its the money that counts, not opinions (or what dribble you type)

Money, its a clever thing, makes the world go round, makes the human race survive, makes you and i work to keep our family alive MONEY IS WHAT KEEPS HARDCORE ALIVE get used to or go hang urself, nuff love
tru bass here here wilky!
hardcore anorak im going to get this looks ok got a few bits from divine uk hardcore label [modulate] which i like so why not
Meathead
quote:
quote:

Wilky.

Ok:

These labels that put commercial wank core albums out dont give 2 shites what forum members give a shit, as its the money that counts, not opinions (or what dribble you type)

Money, its a clever thing, makes the world go round, makes the human race survive, makes you and i work to keep our family alive MONEY IS WHAT KEEPS HARDCORE ALIVE get used to or go hang urself, nuff love

Im more than aware of that, which is why i simply cant understand the mentality of the "real hardcore fans" of this forum. The people who will rant and rave about how bad an album is yet will still buy drivvle like this to "support the scene", when in actual fact it is doing this that is allowing the scene to carry on as is, churning out shite release after shite release like a factory production line - the latest bonkers being a prime example of this attitude. Money does indeed make the world go round, forum bitching and whining is completely useless in getting your point accross with regards to how you feel about an album etc that is released, especially when the very people whining for whatever reason go out and pay towards an album like this iregardless to how ****ing dreadful said album may be. This action confirms to the companies pushing this stuff out that there will always be a market, so why should they change? They stick to a certain formula because it sells. If some of the people on this forum could see that and see the bigger picture perhaps this could change. But las they are to concerned with "building up their collections" and, in their own misguided and quite frankly ignorant own way, "supporting the scene".

I, on the other hand, back up my dribble. If an album is shit and, in this case, an absoloute insult beyond that of even the latest Bonkers i will not buy it, full stop. Buying the album, like i said, confirms to the company execs, producers etc that they can not even bother trying to change things and it will still sell to mindless drones like the "real hardcore fans". I will instead buy an album like HU. I support this series, the labels, producers, DJs involved in the hope that they will continue to make the music that i love. If i were to buy an album like this latest offering from MOS, i believe that would be one giant kick in the balls for the people involved in HU for all their hard work and dedication to push boundaries and, thus, the Hardcore scene forward.

I will not hang myself (im sure that was meant in jest, if not lets have it Wilkes! ), but instead continue to rant and rave on these forums until my fingers dwindle down to mere stumps barely passing the 2nd knuckle. Wether it makes a difference to anyone, whether people actually read it, whether i make myslef look a prick in doing this i honestly couldnt give a shit

Thank you and good night! Peace!
catjam
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:will not hang myself (im sure that was meant in jest, if not lets have it Wilkes! ), but instead continue to rant and rave on these forums until my fingers dwindle down to mere stumps barely passing the 2nd knuckle. Wether it makes a difference to anyone, whether people actually read it, whether i make myslef look a prick in doing this i honestly couldnt give a shit

Well i read it and you dont come off as a prick at all Meathead....
your right in what you wrote, i myself dont understand it when people buy music they dont like
and the scene will never change as long as it sells...people have the power to dictate the scene
but at the moment its the other way around

if you dont like the style of hardcore at the moment then dont buy it...
then the guys at the top will want to know why its not selling...and what is it people want to hear
in other words....we need to change it to what people want to hear/buy
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by catjam:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:will not hang myself (im sure that was meant in jest, if not lets have it Wilkes! ), but instead continue to rant and rave on these forums until my fingers dwindle down to mere stumps barely passing the 2nd knuckle. Wether it makes a difference to anyone, whether people actually read it, whether i make myslef look a prick in doing this i honestly couldnt give a shit

Well i read it and you dont come off as a prick at all Meathead....
your right in what you wrote, i myself dont understand it when people buy music they dont like
and the scene will never change as long as it sells...people have the power to dictate the scene
but at the moment its the other way around

if you dont like the style of hardcore at the moment then dont buy it...
then the guys at the top will want to know why its not selling...and what is it people want to hear
in other words....we need to change it to what people want to hear/buy

Viva la resistance!
latininxtc yes i agree with meathead def. don't like it, then don't buy it. and don't buy it just 2 support a scene you don't agree with.

hopefully enough ppl will start resisting on purchasing low-quality albusm, such as CXH albums that AATW will be losing money, and drop all 3 of you-kno-who

far chance from happening, but that'll b hilarious to live through if it ever happened
MAtRiCks Yay, come my way, pop-core :D
näkkk
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
6. Eclipse - 24/7 (Squad E Remix)

That one sticks out like a sore thumb. WHY is that track on there? Everything else is new (as far as I can tell) except that one? lol

Actually it was released on vinyl in January of this year, which is the only reason I can figure it being on a "sound of 2009" album, despite it being on B16 in 2006 :P

quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
Yay, come my way, pop-core :D

My remix of Pokerface should be on this album
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough?

Wilky.

Ok:

unfortunately money keeps you Alive...

We cant change that, though...

Just as we cant change the same effect money has on hardcore. But one side of hardcore isnt dependant on money, which is why its expressed as a movement and all about survival. Listen to the 'Freeform will never die' tune, thaat will express is all. Not all hardcore has to be commercialised, but nowadays, more and more is.

PS. Meatheads right!! Wilky, sometimes it sounds like your dipping your toes into topics you dont understand..
Wilky Im postin off my fone and takes ages to type... Will be on the laptop later to continue the debate
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Im postin off my fone and takes ages to type... Will be on the laptop later to continue the debate

Debate??

More like floor-wiping-with-ur-face!!

Booshakaya.
Wilky
quote:
quote:
Im postin off my fone and takes ages to type... Will be on the laptop later to continue the debate

Debate??

More like floor-wiping-with-ur-face!!

Booshakaya.

You're abouts to make me cum, got anymore?
Triquatra pfftt money doesnt keep you alive
food and water do. both of which can be easily stolen and grown..

less you live in somewhere where is lack of food, water and money.
in which case, you're probably dead anyway :)
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
pfftt money doesnt keep you alive

How do you grow water? I'd like to know because I'm sick of paying United Utilities.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
pfftt money doesnt keep you alive

How do you grow water? I'd like to know because I'm sick of paying United Utilities.

lmfao
Triquatra its a secret....

i also built a perpetual motion unit that supplys my house with all the electric it needs

but im not telling anyone...cause i hate humanity :D
Mortis
whittle1 Looks lame...but then again I've never been a fan of these Billy Bunter CD's.

Ramos, Supreme & UFO - Terminator (Recon Remix)!! Can't believe this is on here. Only track I've been looking out for on a compilation, and it turns out to be on the one I would never consider buying.
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough?

Wilky.

Ok:

Just as we cant change the same effect money has on hardcore. But one side of hardcore isnt dependant on money, which is why its expressed as a movement and all about survival. Listen to the 'Freeform will never die' tune, thaat will express is all. Not all hardcore has to be commercialised, but nowadays, more and more is.

PS. Meatheads right!! Wilky, sometimes it sounds like your dipping your toes into topics you dont understand..

the point you dont grasp is there isnt such thing as underground hardcore.. the stuff thats on this album is the popular stuff of the moment and what pays the bills.

90's hardcore had remixes and rip off's, whats the difference in 2009, whay cnt it still be done today?
Trimms Fragma - Memory (CLSM Remix)

Um...? This Rob Mayth remix of this song is ****ing amazing, but why make it hardcore? And by CLSM? Holy shit.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:
Fragma - Memory (CLSM Remix)

Um...? This Rob Mayth remix of this song is ****ing amazing, but why make it hardcore? And by CLSM? Holy shit.

what a ledge
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough?

Wilky.

Ok:

the point you dont grasp is there isnt such thing as underground hardcore.. the stuff thats on this album is the popular stuff of the moment and what pays the bills.

90's hardcore had remixes and rip off's, whats the difference in 2009, whay cnt it still be done today?

depends how you look at underground hardcore..

i'd consider hardcore not made for the purpose making money in a business sence to be underground. Every artist expects to make money, but only to continue operating. AATW however makes money to expand and do whats needed to have a maximum market.

Hardcore is based around 2 different things, theres no solid line, but some albums can be catagorised. Hardcore to suit the majority. Hardcore to suit the minority. Freeform suits the minority. Most underground stuff does. Kniteforce songs do. ect. Clubland changes the nature of hardcore to suit as many people as possible.

Underground, however you perceive it, does exist.

Elabourate on your second statement.
MAtRiCks

A D&G Remix!? AMAZING! I Really hope they go all out on this.

This feels like the 80's are back full force, I'm so happy.
acidfluxxbass I automatically like Little Miss Detonate's track :]
Jimmygoat
quote:

A D&G Remix!? AMAZING! I Really hope they go all out on this.

This feels like the 80's are back full force, I'm so happy.

I think this repetition is what has eaten away at the commercial dance- this is almost an annual event, sample and loop 80's track and fit it into the same formular (Eric Pryds 'Call on me'+ any number of things that came after it). Same as in hardcore really. The retro trend is always 20 years behind (in the 80's it was the sixties the nineties the 70's, the naughties the 80's- guess whats having a proper comeback in 2012, durrrrrr)
oli356 why do all of these hardcore CD's have to be mixed allready, why cant they just be tracks :(
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by oli356:
why do all of these hardcore CD's have to be mixed allready, why cant they just be tracks :(

Main reason, they want the album and singles to sell
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmygoat:
I think this repetition is what has eaten away at the commercial dance- this is almost an annual event, sample and loop 80's track and fit it into the same formular (Eric Pryds 'Call on me'+ any number of things that came after it). Same as in hardcore really. The retro trend is always 20 years behind (in the 80's it was the sixties the nineties the 70's, the naughties the 80's- guess whats having a proper comeback in 2012, durrrrrr)

you're very right, music seems to be like fashion in the aspect that it goes in a loop and what was once in style always comes back after some time. I don't think it's a problem though! I so wish my teen years were the 80's... :P
oli356
quote:
quote:
why do all of these hardcore CD's have to be mixed allready, why cant they just be tracks :(

well if your a DJ you want to buy CD's with unmixed tracks so u can use urself
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:

so wait for them to be released or rip the mixed album vrsion and make nd intro
Meathead
quote:
quote:
quote:

These albums arent marketed at DJs, theyre marketed to listeners. Nobody wants to listen to intros. Simple.
Wilky
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

These albums arent marketed at DJs, theyre marketed to listeners. Nobody wants to listen to intros. Simple.

wrong.... sum intro's are worth lisenin tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
warped_candykid I cant wait to hear the samples! I will most likely wind up buying it, though I am not liking this new mix of "Ride Like The Wind".
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

they need to be marketed at djs, especially some djs that have sets on the radio show. i've heard quite a few of the mixes on here, and i've heard some of them using tracks from mixed albums. some of the transitions on the mixes are so bad you can tell they come from mixed albums. they don't do a good job at disguising the sound, or pickin a good spot for the start of the transitions.

also, an umixed album is less expensive than buying tracks 1 by 1. juno sells all 3 hardcore adrenaline albums in unmixed version, except i believe the 1st one. it only has a select few that are unmixed. but it is a great money saver for the 2nd and 3rd one if you liked a lot of the songs. each album comes out to be $16 USD

I myself enjoy listening to the intros, but i am also going to try to buy a set so that i can learn mixing. so i welcome more unmixed albums, especially if the tunes are really amazing. damn i wish that HU3 came in unmixed i would love that!
Wilky after cinin this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsraE3hUGkg .... im lookin forward too it
MAtRiCks F*** Yeah, I was gonna say the same Wilky.

After Hearing that song you posted on the other thread,14. Virtue & Slammer - Don't Go (Gammer Remix) , and after hearing the original for Star Pilots - In The Heat Of The Night, that D&G are remixing, I'm hyped. Sounds like a great summer album.
warped_candykid
quote:
F*** Yeah, I was gonna say the same Wilky.

After Hearing that song you posted on the other thread,14. Virtue & Slammer - Don't Go (Gammer Remix) , and after hearing the original for Star Pilots - In The Heat Of The Night, that D&G are remixing, I'm hyped. Sounds like a great summer album.

Is that "Heat Of The Night" track new? It sounds so early 90s! I love it! Can't wait to hear what D&G have done to it.
MAtRiCks Yeah, I think it's brand new cause I searched but couldn't find an original for it, although it's clearly stealing elements from multiple 80's pop tracks. It's Star Pilot's first single and just came out in May. Check out their other single, Higher, I think it's wicked.<

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why, of course you want to have all the songs that come out so you can mix them right away yourself, but it doesn't mean the producers will give them to you anyways :P At least not before they rocked the crowd with it themselves, and the song has been heard enough not to be so exclusive anymore. Then they revive it by releasing the extended version to all the other dj's.
warped_candykid
quote:
Yeah, I think it's brand new cause I searched but couldn't find an original for it, although it's clearly stealing elements from multiple 80's pop tracks. It's Star Pilot's first single and just came out in May. Check out their other single, Higher, I think it's wicked.

You and I are just suckers for Euro cheese :P
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Yeah, I think it's brand new cause I searched but couldn't find an original for it, although it's clearly stealing elements from multiple 80's pop tracks. It's Star Pilot's first single and just came out in May. Check out their other single, Higher, I think it's wicked.

You and I are just suckers for Euro cheese :P

damn right! XD
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

they need to be marketed at djs, especially some djs that have sets on the radio show. i've heard quite a few of the mixes on here, and i've heard some of them using tracks from mixed albums. some of the transitions on the mixes are so bad you can tell they come from mixed albums. they don't do a good job at disguising the sound, or pickin a good spot for the start of the transitions.

also, an umixed album is less expensive than buying tracks 1 by 1. juno sells all 3 hardcore adrenaline albums in unmixed version, except i believe the 1st one. it only has a select few that are unmixed. but it is a great money saver for the 2nd and 3rd one if you liked a lot of the songs. each album comes out to be $16 USD

I myself enjoy listening to the intros, but i am also going to try to buy a set so that i can learn mixing. so i welcome more unmixed albums, especially if the tunes are really amazing. damn i wish that HU3 came in unmixed i would love that!

Of course the dj's would all love for albums to be released both Extended and Mixed like Hardcore Nation 2009, but as we've all seen this raised the anger of many many producers who had tracks on the album. They did NOT want their tracks distributed to all the amateur dj's and overplayed **cough**Building Shaker**cough** before THEY could showcase the tracks in their live mixes themselves!
latininxtc so that's why that album is no longer available for purchase. either that or only a few ppl online sell it

well it's good that songs from the hardcore adrenaline series are available unmixed
MAtRiCks Yeah, they took most of the songs down on music stores, but the harm is done and the material is probably still very easy to find on *T-word*s.

I'm glad I got to buy it when it was still 100% up, although I feel a little bit of guilt for having all these tracks for so cheap!
sparkyidr I don't know why everyone was so up in arms about the whole "single full tracks available to download from digital sites"..as well as the mixes, and the cd being mixed.
That's been the I-Tunes business model for compilations since day-1.....it's not surprising, or any new fangled trickery.

All the Ministry ablums on (at least) I-Tunes use this model....so I assume this album will be the same. If you want the full tracks, go buy it digitaly instead of buying the mix cd. It's like the old days, where a normal punter would buy the mix cd, and the djs would buy the quadruple vinyl.........except it's now the 21st century, and the vinyl is digital ;)

Anyways....to comment on the actual album
I have heard it. and yeah, cd 1 does have a fair few remixes of some commercial stuff (but most --mainstream-- hardcore albums do these days). CD2 however is a very different thing. Not what you might expect just by reading the tracklist.
For example :
7. Radio G - Just Dance (Slipmatt, Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Sparky Remix)
on paper, is just another remix of a commercial track that certain people are pre-programmed to hate...in reality, it's a weird bleepy hardcore monster.

Of course, I am biased, cos I have some tracks on there ;) but thought I'd chuck in my 2p as I do every now and again.

Sparky.x
Dj DeadPool dam i love the track sing it louder by hard & soul
warped_candykid What's the track playing in the commercial right before "Heat of The Night". The words are, "My head goes round and round and round".
silver
quote:
What's the track playing in the commercial right before "Heat of The Night". The words are, "My head goes round and round and round".

It's a Karen Danzig track (the heartbeatz girl)
acidfluxxbass why do the adverts always showcase the poofiest songs...

JayHH86 They seriosuly need to get someone else to do the voice over for these adverts.

I often wake up in cold sweats with lines like "Hardcore's back!!" "Fifty of the freshest hardcore tracks around" in her voice, going over in my head.
Himself I would prefer it if the DJs themselves did the talking. Rarely do we get to see the guys who are actually working on this in the advert. They always seems to be hidden behind some cover girl
acidfluxxbass "bonkerrrrrrsss!

bonkers is for life not just for christmas!!"

<3
catjam Another album i wouldn`t take for free...
but then again im not the audiance there targeting (younger & mostly chicks)
Meathead
quote:
"bonkerrrrrrsss!

bonkers is for life not just for christmas!!"

<3

"Bonkers - Not just for pikeys". rofl
ChrisDale Best of Bonkers Official Spoof TV Ad featuring MC Sharkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zh3IezEcE

BONKERS 17 REBOOTED OFFICIAL SPOOF AD FEAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkaV3SRi24k

acidfluxxbass http://www.4shared.com/file/114251483/9036aaae/somethingthatdgetonyournerves.html

hate her hate her hate her hate her
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
They seriosuly need to get someone else to do the voice over for these adverts.

I often wake up in cold sweats with lines like "Hardcore's back!!" "Fifty of the freshest hardcore tracks around" in her voice, going over in my head.

Its Sarah Cawood! she must make a bob or 2 doing all these album adverts!

JayHH86 Ahh, I thought it sounded a bit like her. Now I know.

Shame though, Cawood isn't actually too shocking-a-looking bird if the light catches her in a certain way.
acidfluxxbass

yeaahhh! take that sarah cawood!
Vladel
quote:
after cinin this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsraE3hUGkg .... im lookin forward too it

not a good tune
JayHH86 Mmm, it's a kind of non-tune really. Take it or leave it.

The whispy, airy vocals don't really work.
JayHH86

yeaahhh! take that sarah cawood!
[/quote]

Ha! Good find.

Anyone else find that a teeny, tiny bit arousing? No? No, me neither.
craigy b its available now on trackitdown including unmixed versions, most are full, only a few are edits

bought rudeboy sounds, was surprised it was full
eyp_conner_pms Just bought this, most unmixed big bonus :D
Turn up the music, BEAST :D
warped_candykid Wait...on trackitdown they come in edits or the actual album? AND where are the juno clips!! I've typed in I dont know how many variations of the title and nothing comes up, and I do have the "show out of stock" set to yes.
Meathead
quote:
Wait...on trackitdown they come in edits or the actual album? AND where are the juno clips!! I've typed in I dont know how many variations of the title and nothing comes up, and I do have the "show out of stock" set to yes.

Do you have "show digital releases" set to yes? :p
eyp_conner_pms I got mine off TID, you get both the mixes plus all the tracks seperately, only a few are edit's
Triquatra i had a listen through the songs on trackitdown...

Dougal, Gammer - Through The Darkness (2009 Remix)
Virtue and Slammer - Don't Go (Gammer Remix)

Hard and Soul - Sing it Louder, didnt mind this song, but im lokoing forward to hearing a better remix with less of the generecore sound to it...

Sparky - Press Play on Tape (and Play with my Joystick) -->needs to some sort of old skool breakbeat type remix of this one cause that would sound great

Peacemaker and Lucia Holm - Wasteland (CLSM Remix) is good!

Brisk and Stormtrooper - Rudeboy Sounds - enjoyed it for its "fun" aspect ;)

Top Vibe - bomb scared - quite enjoyed...got old quickly though
hardcore heaven 2009 was alright...

think i'll just keep collecting up the old skool happy albums and wait a few years on this one..
95_was_the_time listen to the clips,

all i can say is, what a cheap sounding album. this should be in the bargain bin straight away, all the tunes sounded the same, the same bass sound and everything.

hardcore really has gone down hill, the big boys might as well just pack up and leave 'the scene'

and no, im not trolling. this is my honest opinion. the whole 'scene' is a joke and this proves it.

also. Raindance has **** all to do with modern 'hardcore' anyway. please remove Raindance off the front cover you're giving it a bad name.
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:the people who will rant and rave about how bad an album is yet will still buy drivvle like this to "support the scene", when in actual fact it is doing this that is allowing the scene to carry on as is, churning out shite release after shite release like a factory production line

quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:Disappointing tracklist

quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:will probably still buy it.

nuff said really. if you don't like it - don't buy it.
Meathead

You should all listen to me and do my bidding! Don't buy Sound Of Hardcore. Buy Hardcore Underground 3 instead.....

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/347268-01.htm
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/9151732/Hardcore-Underground-3/Product.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardcore-Underground-Vol-3-Various-Artists/dp/B001Y8WAD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1246292128&sr=8-1

Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
listen to the clips,
all the tunes sounded the same, the same bass sound and everything.

largely for the most part i agree with this.
SPOOX
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:the people who will rant and rave about how bad an album is yet will still buy drivvle like this to "support the scene", when in actual fact it is doing this that is allowing the scene to carry on as is, churning out shite release after shite release like a factory production line

quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:Disappointing tracklist

quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:will probably still buy it.

nuff said really. if you don't like it - don't buy it.

In a way your right. But there might be the odd choon worth buying it for. I'll buy it just to add to the collection.
Meathead Aparrently you can buy the (mostly) full unmixed tracks seperately from a download site such as Trackitdown.
Smoogie
quote:
listen to the clips,

all i can say is, what a cheap sounding album. this should be in the bargain bin straight away, all the tunes sounded the same, the same bass sound and everything.

hardcore really has gone down hill, the big boys might as well just pack up and leave 'the scene'

and no, im not trolling. this is my honest opinion. the whole 'scene' is a joke and this proves it.

also. Raindance has **** all to do with modern 'hardcore' anyway. please remove Raindance off the front cover you're giving it a bad name.

I agree 100%! This looks like (and I guess sounds like) Hardcore 2005. This style is getting stale now, it aint the 2000s for much longer so soon this style will be Old Skool...

But as all the 'top boys' want to make Old Skool they should at least make some good Old Skool, stuff like this!
95_was_the_time yean, well the amount of crapcore out now doesn't bother me, i just don't listen to it OR BUY IT TO "ADD TO MY COLLECTION".

but the raindance logo on there does anoy me. funny thing is, if raindance and helterskelter REALLY have anything to do with the tunes on this album then why when you go to

www.raindanceravefestival.com
www.helter-skelter.co.uk

is there no mention, I know the people behind the H.S. hardly ever update that website at all but I still think MOS HQ, some ****ers in suits and ties just said 'let's stamp these logos on to sell more copies'
95_was_the_time PS. the bombscare 2009 update makes me want to slit my wrists.
Quicksilver
quote:
PS. the bombscare 2009 update makes me want to slit my wrists.

Please keep listening to it. :P
JayHH86 My take:

I've been doing a lot of reading on hh forums for some time. Reading to absorb different people's perspctives and opinions on the 'hardcore released for commercial gain/not for the benefit of the scene' issue.

I've been listening to hardcore since about 2004, so you're immediately going to be thinking "Ahh, God, what does this punk know?". Well, what I know is this: I love hardcore. As do all of you. There are a lot of elements to hardcore. Different genres and sub genres and what not. I happen to like Freeform, but, predominately, a lot of the more uplifting, trancey sounding, vocal heavy hardcore. Cheesecore, perhaps, for lack of a better expression. Now, it just so happens that this is the kind of hardcore that features heavily on this album (as well as the CXH series, the new Bonkers etc [I do also own bonkers 1-17]). Because these albums are produced for commercial gain (I'm sorry, but surely all music is released under the influence, even if the influence is ever so slight, of the commercial gain factor?) does that mean I should like them less? Or mark them down? It is the sound hitting my ears - it makes me feel bl**dy good. I want to turn my earphones up stupidly loud, and annoy the person sitting next to me at work or on the train. I can't help liking this stuff. So I buy it. And I recommend it to my friends.

Now, I am not suggesting for a minute that people on here who frequently denounce the commercial hardcore production are doing it for the sake of keeping face. I have no doubt that you genuinely don't like it. That's fine. I can understand that it must be f**king frustrating to see album after album that you don't like being released from a scene that is now unrecognisable to you. But. Should people not buy these albums just so that your optimistic hope of the scene returning to how it used to be can be fulfilled? I think there are a hell of a lot of people that hear these albums as their first experience of hardcore and think "F**K me! I love this stuff! Where has it been all my life?" And then they buy the album, and the next album. I doubt there are many people, maybe a tiny, insignificant fraction of people, that think "Wow, I like this. Hardcore - don't now much about that. I wonder how the scene was ten/fifteen years ago? Maybe I should invest some time looking into some of the old skool stuff and compare it to the new stuff to see if the Big Guns are just ripping everyone off". No. That doesn't happen. And that's why, I think, it's not going to change. No doubt you've probably drawn a similar inclusion.

My point is. Is it so bad that people like this stuff? I don't feel guilty about liking it. And I don't feel guilty about buying it. It's unfortunate for the people that have been involved in the hardcore scene for much longer than I have that like the earlier stuff, and now that's changing. It's just natural, though, isn't it? - That things will change. And it won't be to everyone's taste.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this. I guess I just got a bit tired of feeling like everyone was slagging of the music that I love and felt like having a say. Then again, who gives a s**t about my say?

Maybe I've missunderstood, maybe this is an ill-educated post. I dunno. I didn't set out to p**s anyone off, and I hope I haven't.

Just for the record, I don't just buy CXH and the like. I'm a big fan of Hardcore Underground, Hardcore Reunited and others that have been labelled credible by anti-commercial people.

Thanks for reading.
Bonkers4Life i will be getting mine.....in a estimated time of....

8 hours 3 min...isnt that swell?
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
My take:

I've been doing a lot of reading on hh forums for some time. Reading to absorb different people's perspctives and opinions on the 'hardcore released for commercial gain/not for the benefit of the scene' issue.

I've been listening to hardcore since about 2004, so you're immediately going to be thinking "Ahh, God, what does this punk know?". Well, what I know is this: I love hardcore. As do all of you. There are a lot of elements to hardcore. Different genres and sub genres and what not. I happen to like Freeform, but, predominately, a lot of the more uplifting, trancey sounding, vocal heavy hardcore. Cheesecore, perhaps, for lack of a better expression. Now, it just so happens that this is the kind of hardcore that features heavily on this album (as well as the CXH series, the new Bonkers etc [I do also own bonkers 1-17]). Because these albums are produced for commercial gain (I'm sorry, but surely all music is released under the influence, even if the influence is ever so slight, of the commercial gain factor?) does that mean I should like them less? Or mark them down? It is the sound hitting my ears - it makes me feel bl**dy good. I want to turn my earphones up stupidly loud, and annoy the person sitting next to me at work or on the train. I can't help liking this stuff. So I buy it. And I recommend it to my friends.

Now, I am not suggesting for a minute that people on here who frequently denounce the commercial hardcore production are doing it for the sake of keeping face. I have no doubt that you genuinely don't like it. That's fine. I can understand that it must be f**king frustrating to see album after album that you don't like being released from a scene that is now unrecognisable to you. But. Should people not buy these albums just so that your optimistic hope of the scene returning to how it used to be can be fulfilled? I think there are a hell of a lot of people that hear these albums as their first experience of hardcore and think "F**K me! I love this stuff! Where has it been all my life?" And then they buy the album, and the next album. I doubt there are many people, maybe a tiny, insignificant fraction of people, that think "Wow, I like this. Hardcore - don't now much about that. I wonder how the scene was ten/fifteen years ago? Maybe I should invest some time looking into some of the old skool stuff and compare it to the new stuff to see if the Big Guns are just ripping everyone off". No. That doesn't happen. And that's why, I think, it's not going to change. No doubt you've probably drawn a similar inclusion.

My point is. Is it so bad that people like this stuff? I don't feel guilty about liking it. And I don't feel guilty about buying it. It's unfortunate for the people that have been involved in the hardcore scene for much longer than I have that like the earlier stuff, and now that's changing. It's just natural, though, isn't it? - That things will change. And it won't be to everyone's taste.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this. I guess I just got a bit tired of feeling like everyone was slagging of the music that I love and felt like having a say. Then again, who gives a s**t about my say?

Maybe I've missunderstood, maybe this is an ill-educated post. I dunno. I didn't set out to p**s anyone off, and I hope I haven't.

Just for the record, I don't just buy CXH and the like. I'm a big fan of Hardcore Underground, Hardcore Reunited and others that have been labelled credible by anti-commercial people.

Thanks for reading.

I'm glad to read something like this, because I can really relate to it. I love the upfront Hardcore just as much as all the older stuff, and don't think I will ever understand why so many people feel the need to slag the music. I guess the majority of happy/satisfied Hardcore fans don't feel the need to rant about it on internet forums, unlike the minority of angry/bitter oldschool Hardcore fans.

The banging sound of the artists featured on this album is totally my thing! I can't wait to receive my copy and blast it in my car for the rest of the summer. I just received the dispatch notice from amazon, so I should be able to enjoy it next week :D I just hope it won't come to me in a cd case all crushed by shipping... Amazon's packaging is just terrible :S

By the way, I went and listend to the sample of D&G's remix of In The Heat Of The Night, and I'm HYPED! I'm so blasting this at parties as soon as the single comes out :)
e-lucid the singles are out, you can buy all the tracks (as mp3 or wav) here: http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/1118241.html (or on itunes - 79p a track I think)
MAtRiCks I would have gladly bought it on TID... but it's not available in Canada for licensing reasons... I hope I'll have a way to buy it soon. and listening to all the samples is making me HAPPY! I haven't been that excited for an album in a while, although I was very pleasantly surprised by my last purchases.
Trimms You would be surprised how well the scene is doing.

The only people complaining are pissed off hardcore "fans" on the internet. Outside of the forums, no one is complaining. That's the end of it. People can complain on the internet, but the CD producers and agents don't care what you have to say because people LOVE the music.
Cotts I really liked the Sound of Hardcore 2009 actually, some of the unmixed tracks are awesome. Some bits got a little over vocal for me but overall it is really worth the money IMO.

Really liking the model where an album is released including the unmixed tracks as well, great for listeners and DJ's.

p.s. Check out Hardcore Revolution while you are at it ;) hintz
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:
Outside of the forums, no one is complaining.

you expect us to belive you know people outside these forums? ;)

It took 5.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page