Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 Zooland copyright claims on fruity loops remakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
acidfluxxbass So i was randomly 'googling' a midi for Ravers In The UK

The second result linked to a video of someone remaking the 'Ravers In The UK' lead in Fruity Loops.

quote:
YouTube - Fruity Loops - Ravers in the UK Lead
15 Oct 2009 ... manian ravers in the uk lead recrreated by dj nznexus album is not out yet waves fruity loops remix hands up dance trance club cascada ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJsoBnQGNag

When I pressed on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJsoBnQGNag - it said:

quote:
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Zooland_Music.

Can they do that??
Remakes of zooland tracks in fruity loops posted on YT are now in violation of the copyrighting placed on Zooland tracks? I dunno... Is this why i couldnt find any other FL remakes of their tracks? Or was it more than just a video of a remake? Either way I find it hard to believe that they can remove remakes, if they arent file sharing or anything...

Does this put my remixes at risk on youtube?

djwilson That's songs copyrighted so if someone's remaking it, that's still in breach of the copyright as far as I know
silver Remaking (from scratch) it is not a copyright violation... it has nothing to do with copyright actually... if you remake aka cover a song as long as you credit the original songwriters (in the fine print credits) then you can legally do it. There are a few rules, like the song has to be over 5 years old and there are different rules for different countries... but in general there are no problems.

What zooland did is wrong, they don't own the copyright to a cover, they might own the publishing but copyright and publishing is totally different. If the remake had a sample in it that is a different story, they can claim for copyright if the song used a sample from the original.
Triquatra there is a chance it wasnt a cover in the slightest, and it was just somebody uploading the actual instrumental and then claiming they made it in FL to try and look cool - not the first time that "DJs" have tried to pass off other peoples music as their own.

*edit* i just heard it on youtube for the first time...why would you need or want a midi file to that anyway?!? lol, not exactly the most complex song in the world
DJseaking
quote:
Originally posted by djwilson:
That's songs copyrighted so if someone's remaking it, that's still in breach of the copyright as far as I know

i think its just that its the melody, not that it sounds the same, since you can always make the melody but use a different sound
Sky- Depending on how close the remake is to the original track, they don't have the actual right to delete a video. As long credits are given and all the original track info is being written correctly, there's no need to shut it down.

YouTube did gave me a message once that a remix I made was "content owned by Armada Music", though the track had never been released on that label. Appearently it was a mistake by the copyright scanner of YouTube, but they didn't remove my video.

But there is a way to recover your striked videos, right?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Sky-:
Depending on how close the remake is to the original track, they don't have the actual right to delete a video. As long credits are given and all the original track info is being written correctly, there's no need to shut it down.

YouTube did gave me a message once that a remix I made was "content owned by Armada Music", though the track had never been released on that label. Appearently it was a mistake by the copyright scanner of YouTube, but they didn't remove my video.

counter-claims
swansea247 i was wondering why there was dust all over this topic

/2 years old
Archefluxx Still relevant if it still happens
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Sky-:
Depending on how close the remake is to the original track, they don't have the actual right to delete a video. As long credits are given and all the original track info is being written correctly, there's no need to shut it down.

It is easy to fake a strike or make copyright exceptions despite any law, rule or protocol, as you don't mean much to YouTube. And sometimes labels actually mind adding original artist name in video title as you're getting popular on their account.

You can fill a dispute but, unless you're a YouTube partner, they're likely to ignore it. Only label's personal claim can surely get you out of it. After all, YouTube is owned by Google now, and they only care about money.

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page