Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ Magazine 2011 top 100 DJ poll

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Update: Seems DJ mag have rushed their poll out and DJ Cotts has been voted for under two different names "DJ Cotts" and "Cotts", traditionally in the past DJ mag removed "DJ" from all names, but seems this year they made a few mistakes, we'l keep you posted if DJ mag corrects their mistake.

DJ Mag have finally released the entire list of voted for DJ's in the 2011 DJ magazine top 100, while no hardcore DJ's made the top 100, here are some of DJ's that did make the list that we found when searching:

Position: Name

172: Ravine
222: DJ Cotts
482: Cotts
535: Gammer
577: Darren Styles
987: Hixxy
1451: Silver
1704: Dougal
2329: Breeze
4448: Bluecore
7767: MC Whizzkid
silver To search: http://www.djmag.com/php/top100djs/search/?op=search&search_op=check
latininxtc lol! wonder if Styles is crying himself to sleep b/c he's not the #1 UK hardcore dj on that list!
Wilky wow isnt it amazing how ravine is the highest placed DJ yet gets next to. I bookings??? Well not in the uk anyway....

Respect all for making the list tho
Triquatra can't help but wonder if Ravines position reflects the campaign to put him there:

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&q=vote+ravine+dj+mag&pbx=1&oq=vote+ravine+dj+mag

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway - other hardcore producers i found, in order:

joey riot position: 1536
kevin energy position: 1700
entity position: 1761
darwin position: 1775
brisk position: 1838
sharkey position: 2187
storm position: 2944
fracus position: 3443
clsm position: 4600
nu foundation position: 4665
jon doe position: 4933
sy & unknown position: 7311
ham position: 7526
Hard2Get I think the fact that Whizzkid is in the list shows how meaningless the list is. He dosn't even DJ.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I think the fact that Whizzkid is in the list shows how meaningless the list is. He dosn't even DJ.

I agree the list is (mostly) meanless, of course those who draw attention to themselves with regard to it will fair better - but whizzkid did do a DJing set at the past Uproar event

HollowRipper The whole thing is always a joke! But good to see Angerfist made it in at 39 anyway
Triquatra indeed - looks like his campain was slightly more sucessful than the other's who asked for a vote

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=angerfist+vote+dj+mag+100
Bonkers4Life Makes me sad to see Ravine and Cotts beating out Gammer.

And anyways, why are they even on this? They don't produce anything, all they do is mix.

Voters are lame these days.
Triquatra ^^ see above posts
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
They don't produce anything, all they do is mix.

Even when it comes to the DJ-part, I wouldn't put them on the first two Hardore relating places, although I really like their mixes.

Who cares about this list, anyway?
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
The whole thing is always a joke! But good to see Angerfist made it in at 39 anyway

apparently hes not Hardcore according to Silver's post!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
They don't produce anything, all they do is mix.

pretty much sums up your ridiculous post. you must've jizzed your pants to see how high Deadmau5 made it lol

as far as the high position for Cotts & Ravine, they utilize social media way better than DS & Gammer. Ravine still posts youtube videos, and he is a regular FBer. even without the youtube video to get votes, I still think he would've gotten pretty high, and even surpassed DS & Gammer.
Yoko Silver at 1451, that's a lie . . . unless it's a DJ from a different genre.

Just messin' with ya ^__^
Triquatra yeah there are more than one DJ silvers out there, one of which has been in the top 100 before, he's big in the UK DnB scene
(https://www.facebook.com/DJSILVERUK)

if you vote for DJ Silver it votes for both Silver and DJ Silver

tricky one for those with more than one person using the same name
SPOOX What a load of bo**ocks these polls are. Does anyone on this site actually vote?
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
What a load of bo**ocks these polls are. Does anyone on this site actually vote?

mostt of my votes went to trance but i did vote for brisk, styles and kutski
Hard2Get
quote:
What a load of bo**ocks these polls are. Does anyone on this site actually vote?

More to the point, does anyone actually care?
Niko22
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
DJ Mag have finally released the entire list of voted for DJ's in the 2011 DJ magazine top 100, while no hardcore DJ's made the top 100, here are some of DJ's that did make the list that we found when searching:

You forgot the best one, S3RL
yzerman poll is even more stupid than previous years dont know how it changed so much in 1 year
danjel I wonder how many votes I got. Next year I should vote for myself. The I think I jump like 500 places ion the list :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Niko22:
quote:

s3rl got 743. a little bit surprised he didn't get higher than that since a lot of the US ravers recognize his name
m0nst3r just as bad as the ITM awards here in AUS
Niko22
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

s3rl got 743. a little bit surprised he didn't get higher than that since a lot of the US ravers recognize his name

I know he did, but he should have been 1
silver Update: Seems DJ mag have rushed their poll out and DJ Cotts has been voted for under two different names "DJ Cotts" and "Cotts", traditionally in the past DJ mag removed "DJ" from all names, but seems this year they made a few mistakes, we'l keep you posted if DJ mag corrects their mistake.

Triquatra
quote:
while no hardcore DJ's made the top 100,

Angerfist: 39

"The Dutch master of hardcore has spent most of this year touring the US and Europe with MC Prozac, while working at the same time on his new album 'Retaliate', due for release this month. "
Wilky
quote:
Update: Seems DJ mag have rushed their poll out and DJ Cotts has been voted for under two different names "DJ Cotts" and "Cotts", traditionally in the past DJ mag removed "DJ" from all names, but seems this year they made a few mistakes, we'l keep you posted if DJ mag corrects their mistake.

they did a similar thing with guiseppe ottiavani from trance too... they placed him twice but both with different spellings
Yoko Why don't we hold a poll to see who the best DJ is?
silver ahh poo (totally missed angerfist on the list) and woohoo there is a hardcore DJ on the top 100.. :)
Niko22
quote:
ahh poo (totally missed angerfist on the list)

And S3RL

Warnman
quote:
quote:

!!!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
quote:

!!!

I assume by that you mean no.
silver
quote:
quote:

And S3RL

s3rl is in the top 1000, not the top 100, angerfist is in the top 100
Niko22
quote:
quote:
quote:

And S3RL

s3rl is in the top 1000, not the top 100, angerfist is in the top 100

He should have been below Darren Styles in your list, but you forgot him.
Eufeion I'm also there too....

"dj eufeion - 6608"
LoveTheCore
quote:
Update: Seems DJ mag have rushed their poll out and DJ Cotts has been voted for under two different names "DJ Cotts" and "Cotts", traditionally in the past DJ mag removed "DJ" from all names, but seems this year they made a few mistakes, we'l keep you posted if DJ mag corrects their mistake.

Also
S3RL 739
JOEY RIOT 1531
BRISK 1833

I don't think this list is very accurrate though. Cotts has videos all over youtube which would have made a big impact. I'm happy that he's there representing hardcore and near the top 100 though.
I'm pretty sure if it went by sales of hardcore mix albums it would be a very different result again. Because if someone really believes a dj is good, they'll spend money to download or buy their mix cd.
LoveTheCore
quote:
Originally posted by Eufeion:
I'm also there too....

"dj eufeion - 6608"

Another good dj we missed, makes me wonder how many others are on the list:)
DJNicholaus What about S3RL???
DJNicholaus Nevermind
Wilky What's more laughable about these awards/polls was dead mouses responses pretty much somes it up
Archefluxx ****ING CAPCHA

HATE THEM!
Craigavon raver Did kutski not make the top 100?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Did kutski not make the top 100?

I don't know, but it is so meaningless anyway that it doesn't make any difference.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:

I don't know, but it is so meaningless anyway that it doesn't make any difference.

Yeh agree its a big load of shite, but if they do it every year you'd want dj's who play hardcore in there, give the scene a bit more profile :) lol
Dys7
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeh agree its a big load of shite, but if they do it every year you'd want dj's who play hardcore in there, give the scene a bit more profile :) lol

It really doesn't. 90% of people won't read more than the first 10, let alone all top 100 besides skimming. Do you really think someone will be browsing the 700s, see Darren Styles, and bring him up? the fact we had to SEARCH for him means they won't be found by casual browsers.

ponder In business terms, it's not meaningless at all, more another exercise in keeping the biggest names at the top of the pile which in turn makes them a more lucrative booking for a promoter.

There's a reason why agents will go to such lengths to ensure that their clients get as many votes as possible. It doesn't stop with big social media campaigns, there has been strong evidence in the past that agents have being advertising jobs whereby someone who can provide 5000 votes from unique IPs can earn themselves a nice little wedge by submitting recurring votes for an artist.

In essence; corrupt? Yes. Meaningless? No.
astoyabi Damn, I would have thought out of Cotts and Ravine, Cotts would have come out on top :/
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by astoyabi:
Damn, I would have thought out of Cotts and Ravine, Cotts would have come out on top :/

Number of Likes on Cotts' Facebook Page:

Number of likes on Ravine's:

-

Cotts' Channel Views:

Ravine's Channel Views:

-

Cott's Subscribers:

Ravine's Subscribers:

-

Plus the fact that Ravine had a campaign to get votes for it, and I don't think Cotts ever even mentioned it.

It took 2.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page