Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Before everyone starts ranting.......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Nick of Blaze! Yes, Jo's the new vocalist on F&F's new single.

Yes, I'm extremely pleased.

Yes it was me that put them in touch with each other.

Yes it's a cover... no it's not hardcore... so no bitchin'

Yes we'll hopefully be doing more tracks for our scene again soon.

Yes... as a pop record it's fantastic, and she sounds brilliant...

because... Jo is brilliant!

But I have to say, it's mainly because of the response to Til the day from you guys that Jo wanted to get back into performing and putting out records again.

So I say, and I hope you all do too, because she's contributed a lot to our scene...

GOOD LUCK JO!

Take centre stage, and enjoy the new opportunity, you're absolutely fantastic and deserve this immensely!

now go here and "... close the door, but open your mind, all you have to do is listen", now there's a familiar lyric!

http://www.aatw.com/newreleases.htm

Nick.

Simon I Know that I Respect any decision that you or Jo have/are going to make, and wish both you and her good luck in whatever you choose to do :)

Does it mean Jo will feature on a few more future Blaze tracks or not?

Sy.
strychnine I hope she does. Truly one of the greatest voices I've ever heard.

In fact, there's a new blaze! tune ready to go right now with Jo featuring, but I'm debating whether or not to save it for the album or rel;ease it as a single.

Stay tuned!

Nick.

strychnine ooooh i can't wait for that album

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'
DJ Pathfinder more luck for the uk guys she will then aprearing in a video clip of flip & fill :)

You can't see me,because i am the future.
milo she's given that special touch to so many tracks, its great to know she's still going to preform, good luck!

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
Lixx Ugh. I have no interesting in ranting, but this is just a sh*t song in all it's forms.. Your melodies are way better Nick

Erbl first time ive heard any of the tracks on the link.
ill go in order in how they were listed sayting what i think

heart of gold- pure rubbish, the feeling seems to of gone, its well too slow, the hardcore version is deceptivaly slow to me, and this has carried that on but at a slower speed. The hardcore version will blow people away if they like this though

i want to dance with somebody- i recon it works, catchy tune played at a good speed, the uplifting singing really carries it off, and of cause what a great vocalist but we knew that anyway

forever young- always love the vocals so sorts of gets a slight thumbs up there, but no, it fails to impress me, not a good remix, just doesnt work

lollipop- done too many times, not origional, will annoy me when it gets played all the time because i feel it will be a hit, although does not deserve it one little bit, tried and tested formula that is to me, boaring as hell

dance- i can listen to it, dont hate it but dont love it, its ok, feel it would sound alot better in a club, seems to be a rushin tune so should be good if you were off your head and like this sort of thing

face down ass up- burn every coppy made and never make any more!!!

Oli G from the front page "*warning - this is commerical pop " <--- silver = genius

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Simon Yeah it's damn dangerous that pop music stuff last time I listened to the radio it put me ill in bed for weeks. I was scared to leave the house after hearing that stuff!!!!!!!!! :)

Sy.
Xenochrome ^^^ Of course we wish Jo good luck. I have a lot of friends who "can't stand" HHC, but even they have to admit that her voice "just does something" to them. I'm sure she will be successful in whatever she does.
I will be patiently waiting for more HHC from you guys.

Haeobogoblin as long as Flip&fill have stopped robbing tunes from our scene im happy :)

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"
strychnine yeah but now they're robbing tunes from the whitney houston scene. i'm sure there's a whitney houston fan-site out there with a forum that's got like 20 threads about flip&fill stealing 'i wanna dance with somebody' and how it's gonna kill the pre-'00 pop-diva scene if this keeps happening, amid calls from some of their more moderate members to just not listen to the song if you don't like it, and from some from the less patient members to just STFU already. =P

Originally posted by Haeobogoblin:
as long as Flip&fill have stopped robbing tunes from our scene im happy :)

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"

ahh indeed - but how many normal songs have been ripped into hardcore?? think about it.........

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"
Nick of Blaze! Great stuff, but then I expected it from you guys! We have a tight scene here, where it's an open forum, so when there's important news, it's great that everyone knows so we're all a part of it. That's why I wanted to be first to tell you before it was suddenly a surprise. I had to wait until it was on their website, because it's not my business to say information like that.

Anyhoo, I spoke to Jo today, and she's incredibly grateful for the support from you guys. She understands that some may be disappointed that she's working with F&F, because they feel that they're ruining the scene, but she hopes you all understand that it's a great opportunity and she 'd be crazy not to take it.

Having said that, she also said that she's got no intention of leaving the scene, in fact quite the opposite. We're at the moment trying to get together to put down a couple of new tracks, but it's a bit manic on both sides, but it will happen.

I know the F&F debate will roll on ad nauseum, but I would just like to say a couple of things. Firstly, it has to be said that when I met them they had the utmost respect for the hardcore scene, and hearing fantastic tracks that had never really realised their true potential. This isnt the fault of anyone, it's just that in order to appeal to the industry you have to make them money, so they "repackaged" some of the great hardcore stuff we all love and said to the world "look what your missing out on because of these industry people that continue to ignore a great genre of music". Consequently, a whole new wave of people are listening to hardcore that they never knew even existed. So credit to F&F. They NEVER heard a hardcore track and wanted to rip it off, they did all the right things and licensed them correctly. Unlike when you think of all the hardcore rips that have been made, and I guarantee not a single one was lifted legitimately. The only reasons some producers don't get sued is because A) the tune generates so little money and B) The owners don't know of the rip in the first place.

Secondly, there seems to be a concensus of everyone wanting everyone to respect, listen and love hardcore, but not too many that would make it popular and commercial?? This doesn't make sense, but again, thanks to Flip & Fill, the industry and the media are listening. Consequently, they're willing to invest in new compilations recently because there seems to be money to be made. The only problem here is in my opinion, most HH compilations aren't diverse enough featuring just a couple of styles, so therefore, if people don't like that style, they wont buy the comp. The record company loses money and they don't release anymore. This is a pity because a compilation HAS to be diverse, otherwise it's an album, or collection rather than a compilation. You may only buy it because it has two unreleased KFA tracks, but if it's all one label or just a couple of DJ's then it wont sell as many. In the general industry, a compilation will feature all different tracks. The reason they work is because you may have thousands of people that love Daniel Bedingfield and thousands more that love Basement Jaxx. That's already thousands and thousands you appeal too. Times that by 20 or more tracks and that's why you'll appeal to 500K people. Out of those 500K, you'll get 30K to buy it. Profit made, you make the next one. Simple!

Anyway.... back OT

So, thank you guys for the support for Jo, and that just leaves the story about the guy in her local greengrocers who got into a conversation with her about having the original "Shooting Star" and how much better it was, and to this day, doesn't know it was that original vocalist he was speaking to...

Cheers, and sorry I had to mention Daniel Bedingfield,

Nick.
strychnine *applauds*

Great post, Nick. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you and Jo are both welcome and deserving of our support in whatever you do. I for one can't wait for your new tracks - you haven't disappointed in the past, and I can't see that changing in the future. Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by strychnine:
*applauds*

Great post, Nick. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you and Jo are both welcome and deserving of our support in whatever you do. I for one can't wait for your new tracks - you haven't disappointed in the past, and I can't see that changing in the future. Keep up the good work!

i second that

Crack another one !!!

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page