Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Is Hard house music dead?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ultraskool Just wondering if Hardhouse has evolved' into Hard Dance? or even Hardstyle? I never hear it anymore and what are the typical 'elements' that are common in Hard House music?

e.g. Tony De vit's "The Dawn", BK , Lisa Lashes, I've never heard a proper Hardhouse set that people mix and eventually turns out to be Techno or Trance
Triquatra hard house is still going strong in some quaters over here, theres actually quite a following in west cumbria which was surprising to me, theres a chap called Rookie who is local to the
area (workington i think) who makes some stupidly good hard house tracks

so I don't think its particularly dead (there will be hard house played in the good grief tent at creamfields this year) but its certainly not as big as it used to be:
I think half its problem was that it didn't really have anywhere to expand..too fast it becomes hardcore..too bouncy or cheesy and it becomes bouncy house...to trancey it becomes hard trance...so it was (is?) kind of stuck.

still check out rookies mixes, they're all "upfront" hard house as such.
http://soundcloud.com/rookie-2
Kebab Head It's more hard dance these days than hard house
Audio Warfare As above really but it did kind of blend into the Hard Dance umbrella. Hear a fair few tunes that I'd class as Hard House in Hard Dance sets/rooms.
Kebab Head Same with hard trance too it's all pretty much just "hard dance"
wong i miss early 2000s hard house
Hard2Get
quote:
Just wondering if Hardhouse has evolved' into Hard Dance?

About 10 years ago yes lol.
ultraskool
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
i miss early 2000s hard house

give some examples?
wong cant really come up with anything off top of my head am too tired and off to bed, but check out the extreme euphoria albums or tidy boys annuals or tidy girls annual albums some quality stuff on them.
wong nice hardhouse classics set from brisk here boys n girls

http://soundcloud.com/djbrisk/stimulant-djs-classic-vinyl
rafferty Yes both Hard House and Hard Dance are both dead and buried. Never evolved and sound cheap.

Hard House could never compete once Hardstyle arrived.

Impulse_Response Hardstyle is such blue-balling garbage though. It promises a lot with great leads and melodies and then ruins it with those BONG BONG distorted kicks.
rafferty Distorted kicks is what traditional Hardcore is about though. Hence the reason so many Hardcore fans like Hardstyle.

But lets be honest, Hardstyle has absolutely smashed Hard Trance, Hard House and Hard Dance. All 3 of these genres combined could not pull a crowd like a Hardstyle festival.

The production, event quality is tenfold above Hard House events of the past.
Smoogie Hard House is growing and a lot of big stuff coming out the past two and a half years. Support is strong and the production is excellent
LeVzi ****ing hardstyle, I remember when that began, it was not popular, but fair play it's grown.

I cannot stand it tbh, I liked da tweekaz remix of luv you more tbh, but it just doesn't have the power and energy of hardcore, and by that I mean dutch hardcore.

Hard house had a different vibe to it, I really liked hard house in its early conceptions, but when it went really popular in the godskitchen / gatecrasher days, I wasnt that keen.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Hard House is growing and a lot of big stuff coming out the past two and a half years. Support is strong and the production is excellent

Support is the worst it has ever been for Hard House lol.. Are you in a planet of denial Smoogie?

They had a Hard House reunion with 50 people turning up.

wong i still love it and will be doing the weekender next year
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Yes both Hard House and Hard Dance are both dead and buried. Never evolved and sound cheap.

Great to hear some of the tracks in this video. Not heard any new hardstyle for ages.

Really liking the first four with others still to hear.

Other hardstyle tunes have came across since which are sounding great include

Headhunterz - Oxygen
Headhunterz & Sound rush - Follow me
Sound Rush - Breakaway

rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Yes both Hard House and Hard Dance are both dead and buried. Never evolved and sound cheap.

Great to hear some of the tracks in this video. Not heard any new hardstyle for ages.

Really liking the first four with others still to hear.

Other hardstyle tunes have came across since which are sounding great include

Headhunterz - Oxygen
Headhunterz & Sound rush - Follow me
Sound Rush - Breakaway

Yeah Headhunterz are ahead of the game at the momement.

I never liked Hardstyle before. But now it is faster, more euphoric and more raw. I can relate to it as a Hardcore fan.

Check out Hardstyleup2datez on youtube. Plenty of new tunes every week.

Samination Make it get a little slower, and more people will like it.

just saying...
Smoogie
quote:

Support is the worst it has ever been for Hard House lol.. Are you in a planet of denial Smoogie?

So now we are at the stage where we have to count the number of people at an event.

'I don't like this scene so going to count how many people were there just to prove a point'

It is not a Jeremy Corbyn event, people actually turn up to Hard House nights!
djDMS Smoogie. How many people were at the last Hard house event you went to?
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Smoogie. How many people were at the last Hard house event you went to?

More than the Jeremy Corbyn festival that you went to!
djDMS I've never been to a Jeremy Corbyn festival....
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:

So now we are at the stage where we have to count the number of people at an event.

'I don't like this scene so going to count how many people were there just to prove a point'

Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
Hardstyle is such blue-balling garbage though. It promises a lot with great leads and melodies and then ruins it with those BONG BONG distorted kicks.

Yeah I do tend to agree with you, I'm not big into the BONG distorted kicks in hardstyle, some tracks are less distorted than others.

quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
****ing hardstyle, I remember when that began, it was not popular, but fair play it's grown.

I cannot stand it tbh, I liked da tweekaz remix of luv you more tbh, but it just doesn't have the power and energy of hardcore, and by that I mean dutch hardcore.

Hard house had a different vibe to it, I really liked hard house in its early conceptions, but when it went really popular in the godskitchen / gatecrasher days, I wasnt that keen.

I think there is some hardstyle that does have the power and energy of Dutch Hardcore especially the more recent hardstyle from last couple of years from what I've heard. I've liked bits and pieces of Dutch Hardcore over the years but not liking the current very distorted kickdrums. I preferred the sound from around early 2000s - 2010. The distorted kicks now have less bass from what they used to. I definately prefer a kickdrums with more bass to it eg. Dominator (Stunned Guys remix), Tommyknocker - Twist.
Sulphurik Heard this Nosferatu track from 2015 very recently which liking the sound of. More melodic sounding than other Dutch hardcore:

This is a new song early 2019.

Smoogie
quote:
I've never been to a Jeremy Corbyn festival....

Exactly
djDMS
quote:
quote:

Exactly

Exactly the same number of times as youve been to a Hard house event.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly

Exactly the same number of times as youve been to a Hard house event.

I am going to an event with Boris Johnson next weekend and it will be huge, almost as many people who will vote for him in the next GE!
LeVzi Corbyn went to glastonbury, so quite a few ppl then.
rafferty
quote:
quote:

I am just proving an obvious point. You keep talking up how popular Hard House is compared to Hardcore. And I just showed you the evidence that nobody cares about Hard House anymore.

Hard House is shitt Smoogie.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Heard this Nosferatu track from 2015 very recently which liking the sound of. More melodic sounding than other Dutch hardcore:

This is a new song early 2019.

Brilliant, my kinda gabber. I know Partyraiser & Bulletproof has put out a few bits and pieces like this recently too.

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page