Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New anthems?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
warped_candykid Ok, we all know that when cds were being pumped out, there was a large catalog of tracks being exposed on the discs, and some tracks popping up twice or three times between albums. Are there any solid anthems anymore since the cd market has drastically dissolved? It all seems to be "produce track-slap on label-release digital".
latininxtc If by anthems you mean songs that everyone knows the lyrics to by heart, then yes there are plenty. after 2 nights and a yacht party at HTID In The Sun, the majority of ppl sung the lyrics with no stutter. And some were less than a yr old.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
And some were less than a yr old.

Bit young for raving aren't they?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

LOL! Good one!

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

LOL! Good one!

they are, but they're not young enough for Jay!
_Jay_ lol. Literally the butt of every joke these days.
djDMS From a much loved traveller, to Ladyboy, to Paedophile in less than a year!
Beeferchiefer I kind of know what you mean, there do seem to be fewer tracks that take on true anthem status, even though there are still a lot of catchy vocal tunes. The last really big anthem I remember is Come Running. Mind you, CLSM's I Will Wait has become pretty anthemic in the last year.
Dante
quote:
lol. Literally the butt of every joke these days.

And how does that make you feel?

Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Beeferchiefer:
CLSM's I Will Wait has become pretty anthemic

this!
CDJay An anthem that only Brisk, Fracus & Darwin, and CLSM play.

The only people who can write anthems in any traditional sense, at this point, are Styles and Gammer. No-one else can get their material listened to, let alone played by, enough DJs.

On one hand it prevents 8 plays a night, *but* on the other hand it means that a track (no matter how good) can't possibly get that kind of reach particularly if it isn't by someone established. There is literally no way, no how. Combine that with the throwaway nature of digital releases, the massive slowdown of albums, and well...... We won't be seeing another "Heart of Gold" type breakthrough track/anthem for a loooooooong time IMO.

You can, however, get tracks that are "anthems" for a certain setting or with a certain audience.

CDJay
Triquatra dave skywalker dropped 'I will wait' at epidemik! jus' saying :P
crowd loved it! :D (of course!)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
lol. Literally the butt of every joke these days.

And how does that make you feel?

LOL. You're a legend.
Claxton Also being at HTID in the Sun the most obvious anthem which was played numerous times during the week and got an amazing reaction everytime was 'Re-Con & Demand - Like a Rainbow'.

Can non vocal tracks be counted as anthems? When 'Screwface' comes on that always get a great reaction!

The new Darren Styles track 'Never Forget' is quickly becoming big too.

So there is definitely potential for anthems even if they aren't as prevalent. I do agree with a lot of what CDJay said, only certian artists are going to be capable of making an anthem simply because of the exposure and their reputation.
Smoogie If they did a Hardcore remix of 'Somebody I used to know' (annoying song of 2012) then I will eat my thongs!
djDMS Eat away then son, it's been done.
Triquatra doesn't take long for chart tracks to go through the clonecore generator
Dante Yeah, it's harder to find a chart track that doesn't have a hardcore bootleg/remix, innit? ;p
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Also being at HTID in the Sun the most obvious anthem which was played numerous times during the week and got an amazing reaction everytime was 'Re-Con & Demand - Like a Rainbow'.

Can non vocal tracks be counted as anthems? When 'Screwface' comes on that always get a great reaction!

So there is definitely potential for anthems even if they aren't as prevalent. I do agree with a lot of what CDJay said, only certian artists are going to be capable of making an anthem simply because of the exposure and their reputation.

You were at HTID ITS this year??? well damnit why didn't u say anything sooner we could've met up!

But yea I'd say Screwface is close to an anthem these days it was played probably 10 times at ITS this year. And yes it can be an anthem, just like the original Elysium is an anthem.
Claxton
quote:
quote:
Also being at HTID in the Sun the most obvious anthem which was played numerous times during the week and got an amazing reaction everytime was 'Re-Con & Demand - Like a Rainbow'.

You were at HTID ITS this year??? well damnit why didn't u say anything sooner we could've met up!

But yea I'd say Screwface is close to an anthem these days it was played probably 10 times at ITS this year. And yes it can be an anthem, just like the original Elysium is an anthem.

Who knows I might well have talked to you at some point. I met a few guys from the states all of whom were top guys!! What a brilliant experience it was, really hope I can make next year!
The drunken scotsman Was also at htid in the sun, have to say hardcore is really picking up again IMO. Some very good new tracks, as previously mentioned styles new track 'Never Forget' is already an anthem, 'knight in shining armour' was getting a good response think that's maybe dougal and gammer? 'Missing' by petruccio and modulate...Loads of quality new tunes around just harder to hear them than it used to be due to lack of CDs these days
Craigavon raver
quote:

Love recon & demand - like a rainbow, beast of a tune! few years old now though isn't it?
Archefluxx I was optimistic until Sy uploaded his materal on to Soundcloud yesterday.

Very disappointing. Why to producers feel the need to make the mix as empty as possible? To make it louder?

Loudness Wars are a shambles and a proven sign fo producers sacrificing good tracks for how they sound in a club. Its a shame.

M<ake decent music, instead of music that's loud.
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
I was optimistic until Sy uploaded his materal on to Soundcloud yesterday.

Very disappointing. Why to producers feel the need to make the mix as empty as possible? To make it louder?

Loudness Wars are a shambles and a proven sign fo producers sacrificing good tracks for how they sound in a club. Its a shame.

M<ake decent music, instead of music that's loud.

i quite enjoyed turn me out , some of the others were ok but nothing special. his collabs with technikore were the better of the bunch imo

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page