Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Clicking when recording mixes!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Claxton As the title says, i've been having problems recording mixes for some while now and as you can imagine it's immensly frustrating.

I really cant put my finger on the problem. Sometimes when I record its completely clean and fine, other times it clicks a little and is noticable on breakdowns and then sometimes its a full on fuzzing noise which just cancels out the music.

The worst thing is it just appears random. I restart my computer everytime before recording and it still works sometimes and other times doesnt.

I'm recording through my soundcard which is an E-MU 1212m PCIe and have 4gb of RAM.

I use software called MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab to record but I have the same problems regardless of the program I use.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing the problem?

Cheers in advance.
Hard2Get I was going to say that if you have an onboard sound card or something like that then the first thing to do would be to buy a better one, but you already have something decent. The only thing i can think of is that the sound card is faulty. I can't think of any reason why that would happen if everything is set up right. But then I'm not an expert. Might be worth asking E-MU themselves.
Shades i have the same problem, are the drivers up to date? which OS are you using... im guessing win 7
wong try updating your drivers
Samination dont try to record over (below?) -3dB
Claxton Thanks for the response guys.

I'm using Win7 64bit.

I'm updating the driver now to what I think is a newer version so will see if that helps.

I always record well within optimal levels. When its fuzzy you can barely hear the music so I don't think that it's a quality issue.

If this driver update doesnt work I will get in touch with E-MU.

Shades does your problem just seem completely random? and works fine some of the time? What soundcard you using?
Samination do you hear it while recording or after recording?

I used to have problems with stuttering, so i when i got a USB-turntable, that problem got solved. This problem seems to happen when I have alot of programs running, or when the computer started to get old(er).
My newest computer can record with it's internal soundcard so i dont have that problem anymore.

By the way, what settings do you have on Windows? Have you checked so no other inputs are active (and especially stereo mix input)?
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
do you hear it while recording or after recording?

I used to have problems with stuttering, so i when i got a USB-turntable, that problem got solved. This problem seems to happen when I have alot of programs running, or when the computer started to get old(er).
My newest computer can record with it's internal soundcard so i dont have that problem anymore.

By the way, what settings do you have on Windows? Have you checked so no other inputs are active (and especially stereo mix input)?

It's after recording when I listen back.

Everything else is disabled so only the E-MU is activated. I always resart my computer before hand so no other programs are running. It's a high spec computer anyway so it shouldn't have any issues.

hmmm. It's a strange one, I already had the newest driver too. It's the fact it works sometimes and not others when i've eliminated all the possible variables which is stumping me.

Shades
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Shades does your problem just seem completely random? and works fine some of the time? What soundcard you using?

yup random as hell, i'm using an m-audio 24/96, so im thinking it's the software rather than the soundcard, then again the soundcard is as old as hixxy lol but the drivers seem to work ok.

magix is fairly old now as is cool edit pro which i use,
should invest in a new audio editor really which is compatible with win7.....

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page