Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Bonkers X

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dave Murray WooT got this baby 2day lol, and might i say its banging, anyone else got it? Hixxys mix is damn good, and the rest is the mutts nutts

This is a place for crazy people......But im not crazy
Simon I'll pick me up a copy when I'm next in town......how good is the Sharkey cd by the way???.....really looking forward to that one .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
Dave Murray Its good, rather good, i prefer Scott Browns myself but, heh, its well worth the buy all CD's r ****ing class.

whispering My copy is still in the "Items Not Yet Dispatched" status, my copy of Hardcore Heaven is also in that order... its going to take at least a week till i get them

tommo Unlucky Whispering,I'm probably gettin it next weekend seeing as I spent all
my money last weekend.

I'm just nucking futs!
[email protected]
atomicb arrrrrrg amazon doesn't it yet! I thought I was getting it the day it came out... whoops :P

DJ_Cosmic that baby is mine 2 moz :D:D:D in the post cant wait for scott browns mix

Cosmic-To Be The Best
K-Hole i havent got it yet, but when i get it, im not leaving my house for a few days.

a 'rave' is defined as a gathering of ten or more people, at which amplified music wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats
weba_d Does anyone have any idea when this hits the shelfs in oz??

"Blow my whistle bitch."
ryg0r I'm sure they have it listed on an import catalog, but maybe not in stores

-=[ryg0r]=-
James D funnily enough both bonkers 10 and hh were too in my items not yet dispatched, so i went into town and bought them.
(2 for £26 at virgin) and cancelled me amazon order

: )

have you got some of this hardcore power?
let the bass beat louder....
DJ STYLUS Sharkeys mix is phat arse!!!! its simply wkd, specialy in a car :D Scott browns mix is class especially tracks 3,4,8 & 10 or is it 11 :D, hixxys mix is toooooo slow :( dont like cd1

--------------------------------------------------------
http://djstylus.2ya.com
Feel Free To MSN Message Me -
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------
Chrysostomou Daveo, you swine m8!

Play.com is a respectable compnay with a great deal of people investing money in their products... But this is really taking the piss.. They say that they would have it on April 28th.. They still do not have any stock!!!!

Looking forward to seeing it soon though.. THAT IS IF I EVER GET IT!!!

HARDCORE FOREVER
if video games affected us children, then we would all be running around in dark rooms, munching magical pills and dancing to repeative music!
Simon Got this bad-boy cd today.....and yes it's pretty banging....all about Sharkey's CD imo though .

Dave Murray Scott Browns CD *IMO* lol, Sharkey is damn good, Hixxys is aright *pretty naff* tho some good choonage like.

Lixx For us statesiders the release will be on the 20th. After comparing prices cduniverse amazes me yet again at how ****ing cheap they are. Only $16.79 there compared to $23.98 at Amazon (what a ripoff! )

Check the link - http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=5897415&cart=144624762&style=music

DJ_Cosmic waited by the letter box all day, neva came thru!!!!! was ment to cum2 day wel ****ed off!!!! betta cum to moz!!!!!

Cosmic-To Be The Best
K-Hole im getting this baby tomorrow, cant wait, im not gonna sleep tonight.

what came first the sh!tty drugs or the sh!tty rave music!
mr bishi Got this off ush for those dat don't read it
quote:
DJStatika wrote:

Right, I just bought it and have only listened a bit...

Did anyone else think it was wierd how there was a speech about how hardcore triumphed over the magazines and what was cool etc before jumping into a trancey remix of a classic trance tune?

Anyway my opinions.
Not 2 keen on hixxys mix bit bland 4 my liking, as for sharkeys mix just shows that hes da DON again
and finally scottie i like it a lot but haven't had time 2 listen 2 too much of it yet.

"Hey! Keep it quiet down there! Some of us are trying to sell drugs!"
Leelo1 well erm yeah its pretty buzzin i like hixxys best but its all great
yeah cya tara

leelo1_
alanfarrelly1 dont like hixxys cd much, song 6 is gay. sharkeys cd is excelent and scott browns is awesome - my favourite of da 3. only listened to hixxys once so far, il give it another blast 2day, but to b honest i dont tink its gona get any betr

Why is it, when a door is open it's ajar, but when a jar is open, it's not a door?
Simon Yeah is it just me or does Hixxy's cd seem a bit of a half-arsed effort....I'm sure it's not, the guy does so much for hardcore....it just seems so lacking in most areas.....even on his thank-you's bit he didn't thank anyone....maybe he's just too busy to do it, I dunno really....I don't want to come across as if I'm slaging Hixxy off though.

djDMS That's exactly how i feel Simon.
Not saying that there's anything particularly wrong with the tracks - there are some beauts on there but it seems more like a step backwards from bonkers 9.
I'm well impressed with Sharkey's mix even though that's not my preferred style and Scott's mix is just what we've come to expect from 'the great one' (even though some could say it's a bit samey).
Still a good package overall but i can't help feeling a bit underwhelmed - almost like it wasn't worth the wait.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you
alanfarrelly1 wots da story wit da ringtone stuff not inside with da cds? is dat jus over ere or did it fall out of my box?

Why is it, when a door is open it's ajar, but when a jar is open, it's not a door?
DJ_Cosmic yea iv seen that on the front as wel cos im rely lookin fowrad to seein which they got, i dunno how u get them tho

Cosmic-To Be The Best
fazza slammin phoned me up today and got my details coz i won a comp with them. :)

should get it in the post 2mo, free of charge!!!!!

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"
DiA yea i got it yesterday and all 3 CD's are ****ing top, Hixxy's is the best in my opinion, but i like them all!

nrXic Thanks for the CDUniverse link Lixx!!

I'll need a credit card...hmm the 20th, that'll give me enough time.

www.mp3.com/nrxic
BAD_WES Stupid Amazon!

"Blow my whistle bitch."
weba_d Sounds more and more like Hardcore Mutation.

SuperHenke Yea, The Saga Continues is great. What is he sying thou? "Its official" "The Saga Continues" but whats the other thing he's saying? ;0

fazza listened to all three cds now and i reckon my favourite is hixxys! i know most of u wont agree with me!

Tricky AB I have not recieved my copy yet (It's in the mail )

chufty i will hopefully b getin a copy b4 2 long. i only have bonkers 9 and hixxy's mix from bonkers 4 so i need 2 build my collection up. i also cnt w8 4 da re-release of 1 +2
DJ_Cosmic fazza i think hixxys mix is gud......stil not as gud as th otha 2 but stil gud, i rely like sharkeys brake-beat hardcore and scott browns gabba, wel everything about scott browns mix is propa gud, hixxys is a bit 2 slow

Cosmic-To Be The Best
slinkySSential YES!!!!
what a quality CD. Scott Browns mix is amazing,but i still preffer bonkers9

HáRdÉr FáStÉr
HPW
I recon the new bonkers is excellent! especially scott browns part in it! If your in to breakbeat aswell Sharkey's CD is a wicked mix. Check out the last few tracks! bass-x v scott brown - pilgrim, orgasmic! Hixxy's mix is sadly not as good as it was in bonkers 9 in my opinion but still worth buying.

..the saga continues..

hpw..
Simon Although Sharkey's mix is a great mix and I enjoy it thoroughly.

A lot of people are saying Sharkey's mix is great for break-beat...well in my oppinion it's harldy blessed/over loaded with breakbeat tracks....in fact it has literally a handful....When I see some KFA tracks alongside the Ham & C.L.S.M tracks...then I know there's enough breakbeat for me(the more the better for me) Although I still like Sharkey's mix a lot....it is by far not a breakbeat mix......but still there's more breakbeat on that cd than the whole of the other bonkers cd's put together.....so it's all good imo .

DjNova scott brown mix is da best i recon, hixxys is allright

Dj Nova
terry6680 the new bonkers- i think im going off this now, its no longer happy hardcore, more like plain hardcore, mixed with a little drum n bass and trance with a slight hint of hard house! I think i will stop buying this collection and revert back to the old style happy hardcore when things like "shooting star" and "here i am" were out! What a pile of crud.

weba_d ^^I love it when I see a fresh mind in the hardcore seen.

terry6680 in fact, now i think that all the so called "HAPPY hardcore" djs have forgotten what it used to be like, as in Happy tunage! now, it just sounds like moody trance or something" just stop calling it hhc now and call it something like trance-core or something-because it certainly isnt happy!

weba_d b4 you go one step to far.. there is still happyhard still being made, its just differnt to cheese. Hixxy still makes happyhardcore, less vocals and less ring bell tap choonz but its still hhc. Sy and unknown's music is still happy and harcore,a little more cheesy then hixxy. its just the way things are. Things change and will continue to, I bet the younger generation of this era will be complaining in 5 years time to get their "cheesy trance" back!

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
terry6680 i appreciate that styles change etc but it just that the last 2 albums that i have bought, iv listened to once and plan on never listening to them again, its just that i feel that HHC has lost its way and has got too heavy and way way to similar to normal hardcore, i didnt rate sharkey or browns cd's and i especially feel let down by hixxy's songs as i recognise a load of the tunes from 2002 new years eve hardcore tapes that i bought last year! Where have all the happy tunes gone to,have they run out of ideas?? the ones that used to put you into a good mood when you listened to them??you know the ones im talking about.....Uplifting tunes that would stick in your head for hours.... and i certainly didnt find any on the most recent bonkers compilation.

weba_d ^^I was once too stuck with that question everyday, I was really againts the newer stuff, But then I came down to my opion on the latest hardcore witch is top quality music. I couldnt resist, I now love it and have just fallen in love with hixxys mix on Bonkers rezurection!

Exhile Have to say terry i couldnt agree more. I ent bothered with buying the last couple of albums and i seem to be building up a bigger selction of old skool tha hh right now. There just ent an awefull lot of tunes coming out that i want.

They are sounding more and more like Normal hardcore. Especially Scott brown which is a real shame to me coz he was probably my fav producer at one time

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
weba_d So true, I bought The Ultimate hardcore album 6cd last month, that would have to be the most cheesy oldschool complimation ever! Im listening to it now. But still I love anything new, its always exciting to hear something that is completley original within itself. eg: dj Storms latest work.

terry6680 wooo hoooo! You are in for such a treat!........ by the way, i was being sarcastic! *homer simpson quote*(quite appropriate i feel)

slinkySSential the more i listen 2 sharkey's mix. the better it gets

HáRdÉr FáStÉr
DJ Mouse i like all of them. loads of you might have slagged hixxy's mix off but i think it's ok. the intro is brilliant, there's more variety in there instead of it being 100% raver baby and his new harder sound is catching my attention. and now he's found that sound the really good tunes will come along ready for 11

btw cheers for the copy mr cosmic,seeya in a few years when i decide to move back muhahahaha

--------------------------------------------------
"speeed ios a good subvstitute for accueracy"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
fazza yeah the newer kick drum sound on his new tunes sounds so much better!!

Chrysostomou
quote:
Originally posted by alanfarrelly1:
wots da story wit da ringtone stuff not inside with da cds? is dat jus over ere or did it fall out of my box?

I got one in with my cds, go to www.bonkersonline.co.uk and you can get the ringtones, Backgrounds and operators logos from there.. I will enter a copy of the leaflet later this evening for everyones disposal!!

PS.. All 3 of the cds ROCKED!!!!!

HARDCORE FOREVER
if video games affected us children, then we would all be running around in dark rooms, munching magical pills and dancing to repetitive music!

It took 3.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page