Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Exposure 2004

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Mole the muther ****ing lineup is the best lineup ever but is there anychance of going or is this like a VIP thing only and where in the hell is it

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

silver ^^^ It's 100% online (HappyHardcore.com radio) and 100% free :)

Originally posted by silver:
^^^ It's 100% online (HappyHardcore.com radio) and 100% free :)

yeah i know that lol but i wanna go

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

silver ^^^ you cant go it's online there is no real place to go except sitting down on your computer.

^^^ you cant go it's online there is no real place to go except sitting down on your computer.

well it says THEY ARE LOOKING FOR 100,000 so there must be a venue or are all the dj's including yourself sitting @ home doing live mixes

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

silver 100,000 people tuned online in for the 15 hour event.

100,000 people tuned online in for the 15 hour event.

so where do all the dj's go to play the sets

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

Chris B Very good idea all lineups look tremendous will need to do some serious studying of the set times. Nice to see ruboy and cloudskipper on the lineup representing spanish and breakbeat hardcore gettin some much neede exposure. Although i've heard ruboy's mixing can be a bit rough his production recently is out of this world will let people no makina's far from kazoo synths and cheesy vocals. If only that could be a real festival satisfies my need for all things hardcore and proper trance (i say proper cos some of the things some people count as trance on this site isn't trance imo, and listening to these acts like Dumonde, Paul Van Dyk etc would surely let people know trance is far from slowed down rip off's of hardcore and cheesy dance style and what it's achieved as a scene in terms of size and quality is what we should be looking towards with hardcore). Much respect to the organisers for making a music lovers dream.

Venga la familia makineros
DJ Mole silver post the set times for hardcore when they are ready

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

Chris B Think they'll all be either recording mixes or playing live through their computers mole then we all tune in through the net it's quite a smart idea cos doesnt cost feck all compared to putting on a real festival. Think the name exposure says it all jus about gettin people to here all different styles the music has to offer and gives busy people like me a chance to catch up on some acts i've not seen or heard in ages if ever before.

DJ Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by molesociety:
silver post the set times for hardcore when they are ready

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

Hey bud... It starts at 3pm... and each DJ/B2B has a 60 minute set... = sets start every hour... so thats from 3pm until 5am

So Lockdown With My Lowdown, Listen Out!
Menion Hey Silver!

If I buy a 2-day ticket at di.fm so I get 160kbps for this event, will I really get 160kbps or is the recordings of lower quality from the beginning?

mr_dom_uk Hey if we miss Exposure that day or miss a DJ set, Is happyhardcore.com radio recorded the whole event ??? So we could lisen to it at a later date.

Hardcore U Know The Score U Know the Score U KNow The Score HHHHHAAAAAARRRRRRDDDDDDDCCCCCCOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEE
DJ Mole
quote:
Originally posted by Menion:
Hey Silver!

If I buy a 2-day ticket at di.fm so I get 160kbps for this event, will I really get 160kbps or is the recordings of lower quality from the beginning?

good question

tell me how to do this as this set must not be missed and there better be no technical probs

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

silver Because of all the people involved and their locations the mixes are exclusive pre-recorded sets like most things on the station... We don't hide this fact.

I'm not sure if you can buy a 2 day 160k pass for the event. But it would seem possible. The mixes will stream at 160k quality if it is okay.

I don't think it will be replayed. I'm quite sure all the mixes will go into the DI replay channel.

Some i wanna tune in for / some i dont.

I'll definitely be tuned in for at leasr part of it

-----------------------------

All you spammers posting crap in a hurry, hold on to your keyboards - here comes Dave Murray!!
djnobody wtf? online? I was getting ready to buy a plane ticket! MAN im sure the sets will be great but whats the whole point of this music? GOING OUT AND DANCING AND MEETING HOT RAVER GURLS DAMNIT. :(
lucificifus /me dances!

-----------------------------
This boot, your ass

i r h0tx0r
u r n0tx0r
Brian K
quote:
quote:
^^^ you cant go it's online there is no real place to go except sitting down on your computer.

well it says THEY ARE LOOKING FOR 100,000 so there must be a venue or are all the dj's including yourself sitting @ home doing live mixes

do you even read the news or do you just see something and quickly post to it? =P

"we'll delete the weak"
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by djnobody:
GOING OUT AND DANCING AND MEETING HOT RAVER GURLS DAMNIT. :(

ummm no

"we'll delete the weak"
silver It's a different type of event... if you read the news it's more about pulling the world together for an online event with great music - getting that listener counter maxed out :)

A real outdoor event were everyone could attend for free would be great but impossible... this is the next best thing :)

Update on the 2 day pass: Yes you can buy a 2 day 160k premium pass for the event.

I know we'll have a couple listeners at our house helping max the meter out... hmm, it will be like a camp out for a ticket, better get on early before theres no connections. lol :)

You are the future, dont let your past hold you back.
silver ^^^ We have virtually unlimited (100,000 slots) so you should not have a problem.

We are not licensed to sell the mixes we onle have a web broadcasting license.

^^^ We have virtually unlimited (100,000 slots) so you should not have a problem.

We are not licensed to sell the mixes we onle have a web broadcasting license.

break a law (go on silver u know u wanna)

Breeze & Styles
Marc Smith

www.happyhardcore.com
www.evolutionrecords.net

Underloop
quote:

GBH?

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:

GBH?

Matthew aka DJ Underloop

Jailbait?

"You should alway's check the quality of turf before stepping out on to the field"

*Thanks ;)

<>If the bass is too loud, you are too weak<>
silver That is not the order they will play in.

New union opens that day, so i'll be out getting bladdered. I'll probably try and leave the comp on recording the lot, but im worried that if I get a 2 day pass thingie, something will screw up. Seems to happen to me :o(

soundwave005 damn youz.I wish I could be there

where am I?
silver DiscoBitch: It's streamed at the same bitrates our current radio is streaming at - with the highest at 96k for the free stream. Because we are a fully licensed web radio station we are allowed to sell subscriptions to our premium service which offers an extra 128k and 160k (on MP3) and 96k (on windows media) of the radio stream. We have an option to buy a 2 day trial for the premium service, so technically you could have that trial over the period of the exposure festival.

soundwave005: you can be there, there is no physical location - it's online ONLY.... well technically the happyhardcore.com chat room will be the place to be :)

Cheers

silver I think we are waiting for set times before we post.

and in 2004 its HARDCORE!!!
Chris B Just what i need for a smokey night in next friday before helter skelter. Gonna need to study set times when their out try my best to get mix of the best hardcore and trance on offer.

silver From the top page:

As the exposure festival 2004 draws nearer and we are in final 24 hours before the event starts. This year hardcore is featuring for the first time with HappyHardcore.com organizing the hardcore arena. As you can understand this festival of this size has been on the planning table for the last six month and all DJ bookings were done 3 months ago. Since that time alot of things have happened in the hardcore scene with the two major ones being React and Alphamagic both going bankrupt. This has created massive problems for the labels and artists as all the money owed to them has now gone forever. Because of this a majority of major artists and labels are now under contractual agreements that prohibit them playing new unreleased material on media outlets that might be featured on future albums (to be released - like Bonkers 13 or HTID 2 for example). This only became know to everyone involved 3 days ago and since then we have frantically put together a new DJ lineup for the exposure festival that we think you will like (DJ's and set times listed below).

The online event starts Friday September 10, 2004 (tomorrow) at the following times - United Kingdom 3pm, USA East Coast 10am, USA West Coast 7am, Australia East Coast 12am, Australia West Coast 10pm and Japan 11pm.

The set times are as follows (time @ GMT)
1500 - 1600 : Comet and Infinitron
1600 - 1730 : DJ Impact
1730 - 1930 : Uraken
1930 - 2030 : Ruboy
2030 - 2130 : CLSM
2130 - 2230 : Brisk & Ham
2230 - 2300 : Sy & Unknown
2300 - 2340 : DeeJayBee and Overflow
2340 - 0040 : DJ Weaver
0040 - 0340 : DJ Silver
0340 - 0510 : Phosphor and justrich
0510 - 0610 : Cloudskipper and No left turn
0610 - 0710 : Ruffage

You should be able to work out based on the start time in your area who's playing when in your part of the world.

DJ J-me
DJ Mole 1500 - 1600 : Comet and Infinitron
0610 - 0710 : Ruffage

Is it me or is SCOTT BROWN NOT ON THIS LIST!

capone13 I know mate, but you've got to listen to these artists too. All of the artists there are quality and play different styles of Hardcore which is good as it gives each set a bit of variation.

DJ J-me
bulby_g Scott Brown may not be on that list but it's still a top line up.

Chris B Silver says had to change the lineup mate think thats why his sets now 3 hours long (not complainin love your mixes). If you want scott brown style stuff check out ruboy's set his production style takes a lot of influence from scott see what you think of it, love it myself.

capone13 Yeah Baldo mate, Ruboys quality.

DJ J-me
DJ Mole
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
Yeah Baldo mate, Ruboys quality.

DJ J-me

is he MA MA MA MA DO THE MAKINA!

Chris B Aye bud new style spanish hardcore. Jus think you'll like it cos a lot of the newer style makina has took influence from scott brown as he's massive over there. Can see why as well if you ever heard scott brown play on 3 decks in spain you'd realise how diverse a dj he can be. From what i've heard ruboy isn't the best on the decks definitely not 3 deck standard (shame cos bcn mixin is what makes makina different and more full of energy to me). anyway his productions are bangin good non cheesy makina so give it a listen. The whole lineup is excellent as an education to the different sides of hardcore out there wouldn't rule anythin out.

capone13 Yeah mate, haven't heard Ruboy's mixes yet, but his tunes are bangin.

DJ J-me
HardcoreManiac nooooooooooo noooooooooooooo?!?!?! whats going on - scott brown aint gonna be there???? ohh god no, that would be such a pitty if scott wasnt on exposure fest.... errrr errrrrr?!?!?!

Hardcore till I Die!!!!!
whispering Damn really wanted to hear Storm, Spinback, Ufo & Marc Smith. Baah... Well at least theres still lots of quality DJ's left, and few more came.

CDJay

"You hold the candle, let it glow.
You're the light, inside, I know.
No-one else can feel my soul,
Without you I'm helpless."

http://www.rfurecordingz.com
silver Ruffage's set is actually 90 mins not 60 so I have update the time table.

My DJ set is also quite upfront.

0610 - 0740 : Ruffage

Ruffage's set is actually 90 mins not 60 so I have update the time table.

My DJ set is also quite upfront.

0610 - 0740 : Ruffage

1600 - 1730 : DJ Impact - please enter style
1730 - 1930 : Uraken - please enter style
2300 - 2340 : DeeJayBee and Overflow - please enter style
0340 - 0510 : Phosphor and justrich - please enter style
0510 - 0610 : Cloudskipper and No left turn - please enter style
0610 - 0740 : Ruffage - please enter style

i need to know the styles and perhaps labels of music i know the obvious ones like Brisk & Ham and Sy & Unknown thats banging hardcore but whats the rest Gabber/Freeform

bulby_g Who cares it's all hardcore! I think it's an excellent selection of DJ's and it's good to see a line up with a bit of variety.

DJ Mole will it change by set or will it be one long thing, basically i mean will u know what set its on

capone13 Don't know mate, shitty thing is that I have'nt got broadband, so I may have a bit of trouble listening to it as I only have a 56k modem.

DJ J-me
DJ Mole
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
Don't know mate, shitty thing is that I have'nt got broadband, so I may have a bit of trouble listening to it as I only have a 56k modem.

DJ J-me

well that is shite :( i feel sorry for you dude, rent bb!!

milo
quote:
will it change by set or will it be one long thing, basically i mean will u know what set its on

it seems if you look at the time slots... and look at the time... you will know who's playing ;)

hennein how can you find the name of the song / artists????

hH
B.C dammit! no tracklistings! wot woz that satelite remix on impacts set? qualityyyyyyyy!

"Let's All Get Down!!"
tunnelrush ^agreed! "Callin Your Name' is a tune no matter what genre....me likey

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by hennein:
how can you find the name of the song / artists????

Silver has at least most of the track lists, so if their not posted here. Post a track ID :)

http://www.geocities.com/polyphonictones/ - FREE Hardcore & Trance Polyphonic tones.
tunnelrush
quote:
Originally posted by djprobe:
Can't wait to hear Ruboy's set :D

I can see why:-) I'm really really enjoyin Ruboy's set right now

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>
Chris B Defo ruboys set is quality bouncy hardcore. Many people dont like makina for all the wrong reasons and if we had a real 3 deck makina dj a lot of people would see how amazing it can be. Ruboy's tunes are up with the forefront of makina but for turntablism there's many better out there who'd show people the real way makina should be mixed. Shouldnt complain at least it's getting heard and the tunes are quality. VENGA FAMILIA!!!

Venga familia!!!
deejaybee Myself and Overflow are playing all the forthcoming Infinity tunes we have been a part of and the tunes we arent a part of.

Ill post tracklisting after the set if its ok with silver, but thats down to him at end of day.

B.C ^^^nice one!

totally enjoyin Ruboy's set, kinda lookin 4ward 2 it endin and CLSM comin on tho!

IS ANY1 IN THE CHATROOM?!

"Let's All Get Down!!"
tunnelrush yea! CLSM should be bangin! as far as the chat room...i tried but im at work and i have no clue why its not working...at home it works just fine. :-(

force9da Silver is rockin at the moment

Cotts Yeah silvers mix is pretty phat! *edit*

Blue Frequency For being online I really felt like I was at a massive party. In my opinion Exposure 2004 went over and is still going over incredibly well. Great job to all the DJs and organizers. The music was great, the people were great. CLSM was, well, CLSM . Can't wait till next year!

Btw, this was the best track on the album

----------------------------
|read|between|the|lines|
DjTriatomic how was clsm's mix??

and what kinda style is cloudkippers gonna be, is it gonna be the breakbeat stuff like back to the drawing board 1 and 2 or pure hhc?

Blue Frequency CLSM was interesting to say the least. Cloudskipper rocked it. Mostly uplifting hardcore.

----------------------------
|read|between|the|lines|
Cotts Well that was absolutley awesome!!!!! What was that final track called of the Ruffage mix which wrapped up exposure? cos it was schweet!!!!!
thanks so much for everyone who brought exposure to us this year was absolutley awesome :)

Comet
quote:
Originally posted by Cotts:
What was that final track called of the Ruffage mix which wrapped up exposure?

Contraption - Higher, Forever [RFU001a]

NuFoundation Contraption is wicked :D http://www.soundclick.com/contraption

http://www.geocities.com/polyphonictones/ - FREE Hardcore & Trance Polyphonic tones.
steve O I didnt catch any of this, was at work. Is there a way to listen to any of the sets again (preferably Ruboy's)???

'I got 99 problems but the 1st division ain't one!!!'
DJ Phoenix Well I only came online at about half 8... and the radio wouldn't let me in! i eventually got in at 10 past 9... catching the end of CLSM's set which was great, at least i didn't miss Transmission to Mars. but then came Brisk & Ham's set - which was absolutely Fantastic! I was in an MSN chat with Mole, Hardcoreanarach & Gazza and it went right off! i had to sign off at 10 to 11 though so i never caught the end of Sy & Unknown's set... But i did manage to hear Free Your Mind again which is wickid.

So Lockdown With My Lowdown, Listen Out!
boofi Blizzard Boys set was rockin as well. Freeform as it should be, with speeed.

DarrenJ Impacts set was awsome
a few of the other sets stood out too

pity I missed Comets set

majik majik ninja's whut
frenzyradio.co.uk
hardcore anorak exposure was top quality best sets of nite was impact and brisk and ham closely followed by sy

s.shaw
mark-ireland I heard up to clsms set and what i heard was brilliant. Does anyone know if its going to be repeated or anything?

------------------------------
We will not compromise quality for popularity amongst the minority.
Forsaken impact's mix was so beautiful !!!

It took 4.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page