Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ultimate High Remix...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
NathanD Hello everyone!

I know I don't have permission to remix etc but 'Stargazer' is one of my favourite producers and 'Ultimate High' is my favourite hardcore tune. no matter how many time I hear it, it still makes my tingle!

Anyway... here is the 'Stargazer - Ultimate High (Nathan D pres. "Solapse" Remix)' file so far...
http://dreammaster4.no-ip.com/stargazer.mp3

All comments and feedback appreciated. Thank you!

PS- If anyone can put me in contact with 'Stargazer' I'd apprecaite it a LOT!

--------------------

**EDIT**

Full MP3 available now!

*LINK REMOVED*

//Nathan D
icex hey i think its pretty cool. you keep the feel of the original track, just changed it a lil bit. likes the vocal octave change sounded awesome. wish it was like at 180 bpm at least.

also need to normalize it.

NathanD thanks for your comments :)

its at 161 bpm at the moment. maybe needs speeding up but it's not like it's gona get released lol.

normalizing? what's that?

//Nathan D
icex normalizing is an option sound editors have to enhance and up the volume to make it sound better. hey def speed it up it will sound twice as good, hey listen to my track i just put up lemme know what you think.

NathanD o right ok. i'll adjust the volumes etc in cool edit pro when i've finished the track.

i would speed it up but it means timestretching any perc loops i've used again.

i will check it out mate no worries!

//Nathan D
Blue Frequency thats really cool man

----------------------------
|read|between|the|lines|
NathanD :D thanks! any comments?

any more listeners? :p

//nathan d
brown ok..."stargazer-ultimate high" is also a fav of mine.....

very,very good remix as the guys said a bit faster and a bit more bass {maybe}

but otherwise im loving that i cant get over how good it is

someone get this guy in contact with stargazer he gotta hear this....

i would like to hear this track in a forthcoming compilation...

ive listen to a couple of tracks over the last few weeks from dj`s in this forum and the talent in hear is exellent and its getin better & better....

keep it coming guys-give me a few months yet and i`l get my tunes that im working on in hear too......watch this space..............

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
NathanD
quote:
Originally posted by hrdkore_brown:
ok..."stargazer-ultimate high" is also a fav of mine.....

very,very good remix as the guys said a bit faster and a bit more bass {maybe}

but otherwise im loving that i cant get over how good it is

someone get this guy in contact with stargazer he gotta hear this....

i would like to hear this track in a forthcoming compilation...

ive listen to a couple of tracks over the last few weeks from dj`s in this forum and the talent in hear is exellent and its getin better & better....

keep it coming guys-give me a few months yet and i`l get my tunes that im working on in hear too......watch this space..............

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]

Wooooo man! Thaaaaaaaank you!!! It's not that good! Making me blush lol! Thank you very much for ur comments, they're highly appreciated!

To hear it on a compilation would be amazing but I really can't see it getting released. I'd love it if it was to get released but if it was going to be it'd be like a Scott Brown RMX or sumfin and mine is nothing compared to what those guys could do. But anyway... glad you think it'd fit in on an album or whatever :p

I found Stargazer on USH.net and got his MSN but nothing seems to have come of it, so if anyone can still put me in contact with him I would really appreciate it!

//Nathan D
brown well good luck man.....

and hey it is that good........... i ****ing love it ive listen to it about 6 times now....just to see if it is that good and it keeps getin better every time i listen to it..

hope u get in contact with stargazer im sure he will love that shit....

honestly class remix................

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
brown oh yeah dont dis yourself...beleive in your self otherwise u will never make it in the hardcore game.....you`ve good talent there just keep pushing yourself to record companys/radio stations ect.....and dont give up when you hear bad comments thats just other people being jealous... i red ur profile and your only 18....good stuff so far keep it up big lad u have a life tim a head of u....

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
kathryn It's really good! Nice one it should be released i would definetly play it. The original was good but this remix is brilliant.

kmcginty
NathanD "it should be released"

see comments like this are like a dream lol! i'm not really dissing myself, i just didn't expect it too be liked coz classics should never be touched in a lot of peoples opinions.

i've had interest from a guy locally who's setting up a label. he wants me t get in the studio with him etc and lay down some tunes. but it's annoying when i do remixes like this that are never likely to be released. i'd love it if it was tho. this is one of the reasons why i wanna contact stargazer as he might like it too and might wanna take it further etc.

thank you guys for your comments! love u all! :p

//Nathan D
djDMS You've done a cracking job there mate.

Would definitely be in favour of this getting a proper release.

-----------------------------

Arguably one of the best
NathanD wooo! yet more positive feedback! cheeeeers people! ur lot a top!

maybe we should do a poll and see if we can get it released.

//Nathan D
brown have you still not heard any word from stargazer........

youll need permission from him first...and mabe he will put it on...

www.uhdm.co.uk

along with his other tracks for ppl to download for free...that wud be sweet

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
NathanD i was joking lol. i'm not aiming for a release. but it would be nice.

nah i've not heard anything fomr stargazer. i will email him tonight and see what happens. be cool to get to speak to him about it!

thanks everyone!

//Nathan D
Uproar That is a wikid remix. It really needs to be released.

TIME TRAVELLERS, DAY TRIPPERS AND NIGHT OWLS COME FORTH. CONGREGATE AND CELEBRATE WITH US. HELTER SKELTER!!!
MohawkGeorge thats shit hot mate! just needs an end... or si that my pc? soon as its done make sure u let me know cos thats going straight on a cd for my cdj

Dain-Ja Ultimate high is a great track

I like what your did with it... the vocals are less shrieky and annoying than the original - I like that.

Anyhow, I think you should get it at 170-175 bpm and make sure you have an intro/outro so it can be mixed properly - I think if this is worked on it's worth a release :)

anyhow, good job - please post the full track for download when you're done :)

NathanD I havn't yet finished the track but now that you all think it should be released I'm not gonna upload the full version when I do finish it as I don't wanna mess up any chances I might have of a release. Sorry guys!

Thank you all so much! Your all quality!

//Nathan D
Entity ^^^^^

bugger.

Erm...... it's crap really so you'd better upload it then :o)

NathanD haha! i've finished now too! :p

i wish i could upload it, even if it hasn't got any chance to get signed i'll still be breaching copyright! :(

//Nathan D
silver The track is great... stargazer might have made the hardcore mix but the acapella is not stargazers... it's very old sample... Although you should ask stargazer about it because he made the hardcore remix, he could not legally stop you from releasing it nor sue you.

it's all hardcore.
NathanD Silver -
Is that true? I best get some demo's out then! Ha ha best news in ages! Would you support it here on HH.com?

//Nathan D
Comet
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
The track is great... stargazer might have made the hardcore mix but the acapella is not stargazers... it's very old sample... Although you should ask stargazer about it because he made the hardcore remix, he could not legally stop you from releasing it nor sue you.

Although the sample isn't his, the melody is. So he still has a right to sue because it is his own melody he made.

eLASTIC Get em out ASAP mate, its Wicked As ; )

........Juss Passn By ; )........
Entity I'm sure someone will snap it up! I'm hard to please and I thought this mix was better than both the original and the B & S mix!!!

NathanD yeh i thought about that yeh, course he has rights on the melody. ah well. all the more reason to try get in touch with stargazer so i can try get things done legally. would be nice :p :D

//Nathan D
NathanD to be honest... i've got a finished tune but not a clue what to do with it or where to take it etc.

can anyone help with labels etc? what sort of labels would release this sort stuff?

//Nathan D
DarrenJ I like it

-----
It aint about the raves, the drugs, the fluoro sticks, the dancers
Its about the Music
Jax quality mate! some hard work has gone into that! whatever hurdles get thrown at u jump the mother ****ers, uve got talent!

deejaybee the only label that could release this would be WarpedScience who released the original.
BY NO MEANS can you release this without permission from Stargazer himself.

For a site that looks badly on the use of p2p downloaders etc im shocked that someone would find it ok to release this on vinyl ?

For your information... Stargazer used the acapella, that is true... but the melody is his and that means he can claim for copyright, not that I expect that he would but there wouldnt be a label that really touch this due to the nature of the tune.

NathanD it was underground recordings that released the original wasn't it? that's the label my copy is on anyway.

i have contacted stargazer. am waiting for a reply. i'm not planning to do anything till i get word from stargazer.

i made this coz i was bored, i didn't plan for release or any big reaction. just wanted my own remix of my favourite hardcore tune.

thank you to everyone! i appreciate all ur comments!

//Nathan D
milo Mine says it came out on elation 4... hmm...

this is a really good remix as well, excellant work!

http://milo.nuistic.com
HappyHardcore.com/North American Hardcore Movement/Totally Sweet Radio/Nuistic
NathanD hmm. well if anyone knows how i can get hold of stargazer please let me know. iv emailed him but nothign has happend. maybe he just hasn't read it yet.

//Nathan D
NathanD btw - thanx to u all!

//Nathan D
DarrenJ yeah Milo's right, it was the elation album sampler, has the trancey looking car on the A side

I think we shouldnt go overboard, just wait to see his reply

-----
It aint about the raves, the drugs, the fluoro sticks, the dancers
Its about the Music
silver I forgot to mention (and has caused a few harsh comments)... that if you plan to call your track "Stargazer - Ultimate High (Nathan D Remix)"... you would 100% been stargazers permission... But even if you changed the name the fact you based your track on his (you admit this) you would have to get his permission.

it's all hardcore.
NathanD darrenj - www.undergroundrecordings.com / ultimate high was released june 2004 i think with them.

silver - yeah, i thought so. i don't have plans on release. the idea only popped into my head of the comments from people on the forum :) i don't plan to go any further without prior permission!

thanks to u all!

//Nathan D
Asa The ones on underground recordings were both remixes, the one on elation was out well well before, hmm pobably 2 years ago, and that was stargazers original mix. think it was ting on the other side but dont hold to that

Dain-Ja the original was on the elation record label.

the spinback, storm & euphony remix and the breeze & styles remix are on undergrounds recordings

NathanD ahhh i see. be cool to see a nathan d or solapse remix of it out there :p

//Nathan D
NathanD hi people! just letting you know i have gotten in contact with stargazer now :D

cheers!

//Nathan D
jenks What did he say? What did he say? What did he say?????

NathanD lol someones eager!

just said the sadly he doesn't own the rights to the track anymore but told me who to speak to etc. he also said it shows i know how too piece a decent track together which gave me a bit of encouragement.

i've now started on my own tune. it's an original tune by me but i found some vocals that fit quite nicely so it may become some kinda bootleg but i'll be sure to post a sample up when i have time!

cheers!

//Nathan D
brown BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
NathanD balls? lol why?

//Nathan D
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah i know everyones comments were positive and all. so i don't know how mine will hold up* it was ok it started off strong but sorta got kinda repetitive...a little to trancey and WAY to slow for me maybe 175-180? lol

i love the ending and how u manipulate the vocals to go with the bottom melody! awesome! i love that part! thats HOT!

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
NathanD nah that's cool mate, i never expected many good comments anyway so it's nice to have a bit of negativity after all these positive comments :p

yeah i guess it does get boring but it's only my 4th or 5th attempt at hardcore. i've got a lot to learn.

it's slow yeah true but nothing the pitch control on ur decks can't sort out! it's at 160bpm-ish.

i have a new tune on the go at the moment, 182bpm. sounds similar to the UH remix but i'm still learning so i'm just improving what i already have, sound wise.

will upload a sample of wot i have done so far asap! ;) be sure to check it out, look out for 'Solapse - I Believe'!

//Nathan D
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah yeah...thank god you can take a bit of constructive criticism...but yeah the faster i would like it alot better but maybe make not so LIKE TRANCE...use more of a edgier trancey synth not so light** i don't know...thats what i look lin a hardcore track..but i mean overall the sound and how u construct the track overall is really good****

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
NathanD there'd be no point in uploading my stuff for u to hear if i couldnt handle a bit of a knock back. that's what makes it more fun coz ur challenged. obviously i can't try to make everyone happy all of the time but that's why i put my stuff up, so i can get told where i'm going wrong so i can try get it right ;)

i produced rance and hard house before so i guess i try bring that through. i like the trancier hardcore so that may be why i edge that way in my productions.

as time progresses we'll so how i do :p

just uploading the latest clip now!

solpase - i believe.

//Nathan D
NathanD Right.. here it goes...

'Solapse - I Believe (Lo-Fi Clip)' is now up! The thread is titled 'I Believe...'

Check it out! All feedback wanted!

//Nathan D
djpeggy Quality remix of 'Ultimate High' there NathanD. Keep it up!

DJ Peggy
NathanD ha ha cheers

//Nathan D
djstorm
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:
the only label that could release this would be WarpedScience who released the original.
BY NO MEANS can you release this without permission from Stargazer himself.

For a site that looks badly on the use of p2p downloaders etc im shocked that someone would find it ok to release this on vinyl ?

For your information... Stargazer used the acapella, that is true... but the melody is his and that means he can claim for copyright, not that I expect that he would but there wouldnt be a label that really touch this due to the nature of the tune.

just to clear a few things up, when we bought the remixes for underground/warped science we actually did a deal including all future rights to the track, the original and any related remixes. so emailing stargazer/UHDM wont be too much help :P

Al Storm
NathanD hey al! tom told me to contact u. i didn't know how. now i do i will... basically i now know ur the man to get hold of. pm me with info regarding my remix pleeeeease

//Nathan D
Splix wow! this is fantastic stuff mate. Keep up the good work! :)

I like it better than the orginal gives it a unquie spin on the track. Lots of love towards it :D lol

good work mate. keep it trancy :D

------------------------------------------------------------
Hardcore is life , Life is hardcore
------------------------------------------------------------
NathanD all well and good but i don't think anything will ever come of it

ah well i ahd fun making it!

i pm'd al to see what the situation is but no reply as of yet. fingers crossed!

//Nathan D
djstorm aight, best way is to just send a cd of the remix (mark it FAO Al Storm)
to the normal IMO records address, with your details etc and ill give it a listen (dont have audio on my net pc).

cheeers

Al Storm
eLASTIC Looking Sweet Mate
All The Best!

........Juss Passn By ; )........
NathanD i wont get my hopes up but fingers crossed things go well!

//Nathan D
whittle1 Just listened 2 it now and i'm suprised i didn't see it before, its fair decent actually!

NathanD cheers mate!!!

//Nathan D
Liquid_NRG Bump because I liked it.

Hardkore_NRG | Co-Owner | DJ | [email protected]
NathanD Ha ha! Fair play!

Got the CD sent to Al Storm yesterday! He should have it either today, 2moro or Monday! I wonder what will happen!

//Nathan D
Sir Feli i love it!! u have done a good job i think it should be released!!
but like the other said bit more bass + abit fasterwould be good

NathanD i think it should be released to lol! id love it! not down to us lot tho. be good to see what storm thinks

//Nathan D
NathanD i've not heard anything from storm yet

//Nathan D
NathanD Hey Storm,

If you see this please can you let me know if you recieved my CD coz I've not heard anything back. I need to know if you wanna do anything with it or not coz if you don't I can use the set-up of sounds for a different track if need be etc.

Thanks!

//Nathan D
DJ Vibalrush My god, shit hot mate!!! lovin it! Itd be a crime if this got missed. What did u use to make it, if u dont mind me askin...

When the door bell goes, why do dogs always think its for them??
NathanD I made it using Reason 2.5

I've got a feeling this will be missed. Hopefully I can get permission to give it out on CD-R at least or on sumfin like IMOdownload so people can have it if they want it.

We'll see how it goes.

//Nathan D
Cotts dude really nice work on the track!! very impressed sounds pro!! my gf is sitting here (she loves the song) and said quote ("i really like this version"). my only comment is a bit faster would be awesome, but im not complaning sweet job man, good luck to you!!!

brown well nathan mate still...no word from al...be sure to let us kno how u get on judging by the people on this thread alone your on a roll...anymore tracks you`ve done or are working on please pm me demos..lovin your work keep it uo boss........

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
NathanD haha thanks brown would be cool to get this out. if storms doesn't want it i will ask him exactly what i'm allowed to do as there are a few people who would like this remix to play out but i can't allow them to because of copyrights which is a bit annoying lol

cotts, i'm glad both u and ur gf like it it's nice to hear people appreciate it so much!!! yeah a few people have said it should be faster but i think i'll leave it.

cheers everyone for the support! i think i will send another cd into storm just incase he didn't recieve it. i will send another email aswell to see how it's going if they have recieved it.

peace n love to u all!!

//Nathan D
TypeR haven't you ever heard the term "bootleg"?

------------------------------
Representing Funshine Productions
and making appearances at:

All Hands On Deck-June 11th
Hardcore or Go Home-June 18th
NathanD yep i have!

have you heard of the term 'illegal'?

//Nathan D
jenks Who cares if you're not making money off it

NathanD i guess. we'll see

//Nathan D
impish Two thumbs up - total quality!

What's IMPISH?

Adj. 1. impish - naughtily or annoyingly playful - implike, mischievous.

www.megadj.co.uk
NathanD THANKS

//Nathan D
NathanD Well people, I've given up waiting on Al Storm. I've sent in 2 demo's and emailed him but have heard nothing, sooo...

Here it is!

Stargazer - Ultimate High (Nathan D pres. "Solapse" Remix) / FULL MP3

*LINK REMOVED*

Sorry!!!

//Nathan D
Jax id keep pestering him if i wer you mate

NathanD i will. i wont give up on it totally. i'll try get hold of him again.

reckon i should take the link down for the full mp3 then?

//Nathan D
NathanD Sorry... I've decided to remove the link and keep at Al Storm.

I will get a lofi version hosted for you.

//Nathan D
NathanD Streaming clip available now!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/solapse_music.htm

It is also included in the new mix from IMPISH!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21524

//Nathan D
Cotts ohhh im so keen to get a good qual ver of that song!!!, (totally understand though mate, let us all know if you get through to him) ill definatly keep my eye out of you decide to put that link back up!!.

NathanD i've tried contacting storm again. i'll just hav to wait and see. the streaming version should be ready now on soundclick (http://www.soundclick.com/solapse). if not check out the full version in the new mix from 'IMPISH'

//Nathan D
NathanD Anyone listened? If so... what ya reckon? What should I change etc.?

//Nathan D
impish
quote:
Originally posted by NathanD:
Streaming clip available now!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/solapse_music.htm

It is also included in the new mix from IMPISH!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21524

//Nathan D

:D YAY! its a cool track and its in my mix :D

Cheers again mate!

------
impish - naughtily or annoyingly playful - implike, mischievous.

www.megadj.co.uk
NathanD No worries mate!!! Cheers for putting it in your mix!!!!

//Nathan D
Charco Great work nathan! Works sweetly with the impish mix too.

That is just begging to get released!!
Seems to be a 'Who you know' rather than 'what skills you have' kinda area here...I may be wrong though. It's a shame if i'm not though.

------------------------
Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.
-------
Shit happens. Only the depth varies.
NathanD yeh i guess you're right. storm asked for it on cd and thats the end of it. no-one seems to care or wana respond to me at the moment about the track so who knows what can become of it. ah well!

least i know i got u guys liking it

thanks!

//Nathan D
jenks Anyone know where I can get my hands on this?
Dain-Ja http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=354972&songID=2499397

?
jenks Got that already. Shite quality though. The annoying thing is on my old PC I had it downloaded (before he took it down) too. Anyone know how to contact him?
ozmium im playing that song at my funeral, decided a long time ago :D
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by ozmium:
im playing that song at my funeral, decided a long time ago :D

You'll do well to play it from the dead...
Thumpa I wonder if Al Storm ever got back to him haha!
Dj Delight Should have just called it "Ultimate Highness" and put it out ....i'd lose track if i listed all the rip offs of original tunes people have done over the years . It seems if they don't own the rights to something it's fair game....but when they do they become holier than thou lol
alstorm what have I missed? .. Nathan if you are still alive .. give it away if you want!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
what have I missed? .. Nathan if you are still alive .. give it away if you want!

You're only saying that because you know he's dead!
alstorm haha if he was I wouldn't know, but if someone has it and wants to send me it I don't mind giving it away ..
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
haha if he was I wouldn't know, but if someone has it and wants to send me it I don't mind giving it away ..

hey Al, is this signed to your label ?

SMS & Donna Grassie - 'Freefallin' (Original Mix)'

impish ...Just pointed Nathan to this :D
trippnface nathan ftw
Captain Triceps What a guy!
jenks give

DJIntensity Zombie topic 13 years old good to see though when Hardcore was at it?s best.

It took 5.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page