Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground %28 Album details %29

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
HardcoreUnderground

What happens when you select the cream of underground production talent, and set them loose on a project with the noble aim of showcasing the many facets of the hardcore scene largely free from restriction? If you are struggling with that semi-rhetorical question, then this is likely not the album for you. If, however, you are able to infer the obvious from this least cryptic of postulated scenarios then it is plausible that this IS the album for you. Congratulations.

So! Buy it. Love it. Do things to it, or with it, on film. Lock it in a shed? Or... listen to it! That works, too.

Oh, there's a launch party for the album @ Vibealite on the 6th of October. It promises to be somewhat splendid. Full line-up details for this diverting night out will no doubt surface shortly. Casual attire.

Further album details, website, clips, tracklist etc shall follow as part of a concerted marketing barrage intended to brainwash even the most resiliant doubters.
NeXuS YES,
this is what the scene needs! variety baby.
Will defo have to check this out.

Too bad I wont make the launch party.

Nice cover btw :)
1up =O me likes very much!!!! =D
darwin b2b cube::hard OMFG!!!!! *fangirling* ROFL
lucificifus Hellooo, nurse!

This album looks SEXUAL! Sorry Bone, but it is. It's sexual.

Is Resist releasing this one? I kinda hope so, mabey then I'll see it in the US
Chris B Cant say i've been that struck by darwin or cube hards stuff myself and i dont no much about fracus and mozz.

The kurt v stormtrooper one will be immense no doubt, both right up my street.

One question i dunno if any of you no the answer.

Why is this guy called stormtrooper when theres already a stormtrooper who makes hardcore and is famous all over europe?

At first i thought it was the same guy and thought it was odd he was makin uk hardcore, but because it was quite ravey and hard i didnt question it any further.

Then i was told it was a different guy, just a bit confusing can imagine people buyin tickets expecting HARDcore then on comes a diff guy playin bouncy, ravey stuff.

Wkd producer anyway jus somethin i wouldnt mind knowin the answer to.
Delboy Darwin B2B Cube::Hard mix? Gonna be ****ing awesome! With Kurt B2B Stormtrooper and Fracus B2B Mozz this is gonna be immense & something different!
Underloop Now this looks good!
T~ I dont really think much of Darwin but Cube::Hard should be good.

an iv never really thought much of fracus mixes either, so ill be getting it just for the Kurt B2B Stormtrooper mix
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
Cant say i've been that struck by darwin or cube hards stuff myself and i dont no much about fracus and mozz.

The kurt v stormtrooper one will be immense no doubt, both right up my street.

One question i dunno if any of you no the answer.

Why is this guy called stormtrooper when theres already a stormtrooper who makes hardcore and is famous all over europe?

At first i thought it was the same guy and thought it was odd he was makin uk hardcore, but because it was quite ravey and hard i didnt question it any further.

Then i was told it was a different guy, just a bit confusing can imagine people buyin tickets expecting HARDcore then on comes a diff guy playin bouncy, ravey stuff.

Wkd producer anyway jus somethin i wouldnt mind knowin the answer to.

I thought the same thing Chris at first! prefer the original Stormtrooper (Scum records) for obvious reasons! but the UK Stormtrooper I have no idea about (sure someone will know) but it could work the other way! imagine people turning up to hear UK hardcore and then being blasted with Gabber and Speedcore!

anyway for a UK album its nice to see some different DJ's on there!
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
I thought the same thing Chris at first! prefer the original Stormtrooper (Scum records) for obvious reasons! But the UK Stormtrooper I have no idea about (sure someone will know) but it could also work the other way! imagine people turning up to hear UK hardcore and then being blasted with Gabber abd Speedcore!

hahahaha too true mate, i'd love to see that a few cybers lookin mighty confused on the dancefloor.

Uk stormtrooper's excellent aswell, my mate plays all the TNC stuff i think its top class.

quote:
anyway for a UK album its nice to see a few different DJ's on there!

Aye man i jus wanna no what to expect from Mozz and fracus's set.

I've got a mozz b2b with oli g set somewhere and its buzzin, really tough freeform they pick good tunes.

I've never heard a fracus set in my life is he along the same lines?

The darwin and cube hard i'm not too sure about for myself, not sayin there shit jus wasnt my cup of tea from what i have heard.

Loadsa people kept bangin on about how amazing they were on forums and how new and innovative there sound was. When i downloaded some sets was jus really weak cheese, and trancy breaks stuff so i felt a bit disappointed after the hype of how "futuristic" there sound was.

Sayin that there was talent productionwise but i think its just a case of different tastes in music.
iluvhrdcor very interesting, nice work.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
Now this looks good!

Not much i can add to that!
Loz_e
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
I thought the same thing Chris at first! prefer the original Stormtrooper (Scum records) for obvious reasons! But the UK Stormtrooper I have no idea about (sure someone will know) but it could also work the other way! imagine people turning up to hear UK hardcore and then being blasted with Gabber abd Speedcore!

hahahaha too true mate, i'd love to see that a few cybers lookin mighty confused on the dancefloor.

Uk stormtrooper's excellent aswell, my mate plays all the TNC stuff i think its top class.

quote:
anyway for a UK album its nice to see a few different DJ's on there!

Aye man i jus wanna no what to expect from Mozz and fracus's set.

I've got a mozz b2b with oli g set somewhere and its buzzin, really tough freeform they pick good tunes.

I've never heard a fracus set in my life is he along the same lines?

The darwin and cube hard i'm not too sure about for myself, not sayin there shit jus wasnt my cup of tea from what i have heard.

Loadsa people kept bangin on about how amazing they were on forums and how new and innovative there sound was. When i downloaded some sets was jus really weak cheese, and trancy breaks stuff so i felt a bit disappointed after the hype of how "futuristic" there sound was.

Sayin that there was talent productionwise but i think its just a case of different tastes in music.

i do understand where your coming from, when i very first heard material darwin produced i wasnt convinced either, but i gave it a chance, took note of all the praise he got, and before i knew it i was a RFU/JAL whore!!

anyway like i said i didnt think much of it a first, but it grew on me the more i listened to it, and now i am addicted to darwin and tom's (cube::hard) tracks!!

have you bought wow 10 mate? its£5.99 so you cant go wrong, give that a proper good listen to dude and i guarantee you'll love it.

its really happy uplifting feel good stuff! bringing back old school elements, i think of it as new old school happy hardcore!!

plus cube::hard is going to be involved in the relaunch of stompin choonz! rumours have it helix is back in the studio with cube::hard,and wow10 features a new track from DJ Fury!!

imo Darwin b2b Cube::hard will be the best mix ever known to hardcore!! RFU is gonna be huge! and so will JAL!

With the WOW What a rush series soley featuring JAL tracks, i am looking foward to Hardcore Undergroud Showcasing a decent amount of RFU material!
jenks Where can I get wow 10?
Loz_e anywhere mate! hmv, play, amazon!

think hmv only do online though
jenks nice
capone13 Not been so exited about a Hardcore album in a while, looking forward to hearing CD 1 & 3, especially CD3 with the tracks that Cube:Hard's been coming out with lately!!
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Where can I get wow 10?

Its £3.99 from Tesco.com

whittle1 LOOKS SHITE!!

Jokin 'Loz E' lad

Looks good, cd 1 + cd 2 will be the ones that tickle my pickle the most
Leto OMGF

I shall cream my pants...and then smear it all over this record.

Sorry guys for that image, but this just looks absolutely amazing.

All of those producers are my current faves atm.

The only way it could get any better would be with a fourth mix of Luna C b2b Smurf.
hardcore anorak looks good and fresh some new dj/producers on top notch cd crnt wait for this 1
von-X The greatest news of the year is this album! A M A Z I N G !!!!!
luminate dono if it'll be the mix-gazm that everyones saying, but definatly worth a look
katrinar50 This is fantastic news - really looking forward to cds 1 and 3!!!

Kat
DJBrownout looking forward to the first 2 mixes, but i can't really say i like cube::hard stuff (dunno about darwin). i know kurt can mix well and stormtrooper too. I wanna hear the other talent too :)
Dain-Ja best compilation lineup I've seen in ages

DJ Kurt is ****ing SICK
I like Stormtrooper most of the time as well, as long as he doesn't play too weird but Kurt is gonna be a good matchup with him

Cube::Hard...we all know he's on the forefront of overything - the man is a genius.
Darwin has made some amazing tracks but he plays a bit too old style for me - however, matched up wtih cube::hard will keep it varied and sweet
It's great to have that on a compilation (we never see old style production anymore)

As for Fracus - that's someone who deserves to be on an album.
Just listen to tracks like "Maybe" or "Mirage" and you'll understand. The guy makes quality nu skool vocal hardcore.
I've only heard a few Mozz tracks but they were all quality

*hyped*

(**** hardcore nation, I want this compilation!)

release date?
bulby_g Sounds fantastic to me.
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by Loz_e:
have you bought wow 10 mate? its£5.99 so you cant go wrong, give that a proper good listen to dude and i guarantee you'll love it.

its really happy uplifting feel good stuff! bringing back old school elements, i think of it as new old school happy hardcore!!

Anywhere i can here clips before i buy it loz-e mate? anno is only a £6 but i'd rather buy a vinyl i like if its only gonna be listened to once.

Strange as it sounds cos i use this site i dont really like happy hardcore anymore, i love the hyper energetic dutch stuff and a few classics from over here but 95 + % just annoys me.

I would like to give them another try cos mibbe i just wasnt in the mood for it when i heard it, i did think it was quite imaginative just not to my taste.

The breakbeaty stuff was just a bit too much fluffy trance and vocals, i think i could like some of it but would prefer more influence from rough dnb cos i listen to loads of that.

But aye mate i will give it another shot cos i dont wanna be missing out on something cos i never gave it a try.
CDJay I've got shortlists for each CD on HU, and they are looking absolutely superb. Some SERIOUSLY great tunes present on each mix, which bodes well! :D

Should have final tracklists within a fortnight, when mixes are completed. Shall be posted when the website goes live, alongside two free CD quality mixes to download, some other fun stuff, whilst clips from the album will be drip fed onto the site right up until release.

CDJay
Pacm0n1
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I've got shortlists for each CD on HU, and they are looking absolutely superb. Some SERIOUSLY great tunes present on each mix, which bodes well! :D

Should have final tracklists within a fortnight, when mixes are completed. Shall be posted when the website goes live, alongside two free CD quality mixes to download, some other fun stuff, whilst clips from the album will be drip fed onto the site right up until release.

CDJay

Can't wait for this to be released looks like a great album. The mixes that will be available to download are also a great incentive to buy the album.

Dave
Simon This looks like some good shit!
Uproar
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Loz_e:

Anywhere i can here clips before i buy it loz-e mate? anno is only a £6 but i'd rather buy a vinyl i like if its only gonna be listened to once.

Some clips here: http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/226081-01.htm
Entity Now THIS is what I'm talking about!

As much as I love the Bonkers/HH/HN series, something like this has been needed for a VERY long time - a much needed breath of fresh-air I think.

It's about time that someone gave up and comers a chance to do something like this. I just know that this album is going to showcase some real talent which is unfortunately all too often overlooked.

Nice one to CDJay and the RFU guys & gals for pulling this one out of the hat. I CANNOT wait for the release!
djDMS I'm so glad somebody has taken the risk of getting something different out there.

And it IS a big risk really. This might appeal to those 'in the know', but your average XTC_Raverbaby/ArdcoreBonkers4life type will be approaching this with a fair bit of trepidation.

Time for some education methinks.
Chris B Listened to the clips and a darwin set and i stand by my earlier comments.

There talented at what they do but it doesnt interest me, jus kinda confirmed what i've known for a good while that i've ran my course with the "uk" sound.

Still might buy the cd for kurt/stormtrooper, and i'll keep an open mind with listeneing to the other two discs
Mozz bo!
katrinar50
quote:
I've got shortlists for each CD on HU, and they are looking absolutely superb. Some SERIOUSLY great tunes present on each mix, which bodes well! :D

CDJay

A week to go til more info! I can't wait!!! New website, tracklists for the album and 2 mixes to d/l!!!

Loz_e i wouldnt hold ya breath! when it comes to hardcore nothing is on time!

(no disrespect!)

the 2 downloads are the 2 mixes originally scheduled to be WOW 10 - really cant wait to get these!!
warped_candykid Tracklisting?
CDJay We currently anticipate tracklisting, website and firm release date to all surface on, or very shortly after, Friday the 15th of September.

Ooooh, so specific. ;)

CDJay

Mortis
quote:
We currently anticipate tracklisting, website and firm release date to all surface on, or very shortly after, Friday the 15th of September.

Cheeky.

katrinar50
quote:
We currently anticipate tracklisting, website and firm release date to all surface on, or very shortly after, Friday the 15th of September.

Ooooh, so specific. ;)

CDJay

That's at least 10 more days!! I'm gonna burst!!!

Kat
dj switchback From what i've seen..................Album of the year. Easily.
katrinar50 Bump!
Leto One more day till CDJay reveals his dirty secrets...:P
_BoNe_
quote:
Originally posted by lucificifus:
This album looks SEXUAL! Sorry Bone, but it is. It's sexual.

Haha!
Damn right mate, sexual!! I'll be slutting all over this!!

Leto Any more news on this...tracklisting perhaps?
dj switchback I believe the tracklisting is posted next week some time. But i'll let Jon confirm that.
It's definitley worth that wait though.......Tracklisting looks fantastic.
CDJay In the immortal words of the HGttG: Don't panic ;)

We have a confirmed release date w/ distro, all mixes are done, we'll announce imminently. Seems no sense in getting on our soapboxes until people have absorbed the recently announced Hardcore Euphoria listing after all.

In my entirely biased opinion, this album is great. All three CDs exceeded expectations, and you won't find a more representative or varied hardcore compilation album.

Something for everyone, indeed.

CDJay
SixFeet Looks like it could be something very special....
Leto
quote:
In the immortal words of the HGttG: Don't panic ;)

We have a confirmed release date w/ distro, all mixes are done, we'll announce imminently. Seems no sense in getting on our soapboxes until people have absorbed the recently announced Hardcore Euphoria listing after all.

In my entirely biased opinion, this album is great. All three CDs exceeded expectations, and you won't find a more representative or varied hardcore compilation album.

Something for everyone, indeed.

CDJay

In the other immortal words of HGttG,

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon
See if I don't.

So...yeah, let's hear the tracklist!! :P
1up ^^ what he said! ROFLMAO
CDJay ~ Friday ;)

CDJay
djDMS Lovely!
capone13 Woop woop, me loves it!!
katrinar50 Heard a couple of "exclusive" tracks off the album this evening on hardcore revolution. Particulary liked the last track by Ruffage, Ant Johnson and Chwhynny singing (lovely voice) - don't know if Obie pronounced the Chwhynny right tho :-)

Kat
CDJay :D

that was:

Ruffage & Chwhynny feat Ant Johnson - "Intoxicate Me" (Exclusive mix)

Website/tracklist should go up tommorow, along w/ some clips!

CDJay
NeXuS
quote:
Originally posted by katrinar50:
don't know if Obie pronounced the Chwhynny right tho :-)

Kat

how DO you pronounce this??
Ive always said it like "Chew-hunnee" :
anyway...
eagerly awaiting tracklist
Chwhynny
quote:
Originally posted by NeXuS:
quote:
don't know if Obie pronounced the Chwhynny right tho :-)

Kat

how DO you pronounce this??
Ive always said it like "Chew-hunnee" :
anyway...
eagerly awaiting tracklist

http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=143229

;)
katrinar50
quote:
Originally posted by Chwhynny:

;)

11 pages about you and your name! lol!
And I think slimjim got it right when he said "clear your throat, you know like your gonna spit a greeny at someone a very small one at that then without pause winnie"

I think Ruffage's prounciation sounded sexier
SixFeet I've always pronounced it 'Shh-Win-Nay'

Like hell I'm gonna even try pronouncing it properly, 'Shh-Win-Nay' it stays
charlieee can't wait till oct man till this comes out
Orbit1
quote:
Fracus & Orbit1 Feat. Lisa Abbott - In Your Arms

w00t!
Delboy Tracklisting looks amazing! Any firm release date yet and is the website up & running?
capone13 Great tracklist, just what I expected.
CDJay http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30751

CDJay
e-lucid Proper boomsound!!
Artwork's wicked too I like what they've done with the letters (to say the least about this gem!)
e-lucid & HAHA to that Chywynny topic on USH lmfao
Serenity
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chwhynny:

;)

I think Ruffage's prounciation sounded sexier

I have to agree!

It took 3.68 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page