Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Acolyte has a song on the Burger King commercial

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJsqeak So last night as I was going to bed I see a commercial for Burger King for their new Dance Dance Revolution toys. In the background I hear some sick hardcore track and I'm like "WHOA that's a pretty sick track"

Check it:
http://www.bk.com/dance/

I saw it was The Acolyte and I was like "HELL ****NI YEAH!!!"
HARRIBO read the front news page
Meph751 what channel did you see that on?
NeXuS Thats f*ckin insane....

Congratz are in order to The Acolyte!
MegaJynx Its times like these that shut people up that think Hardcore might be dying. I was shocked that four (five counting Hardcore Adrenaline) Hardcore albums are coming out this month alone, but this takes the cake. I think we all should give a huge shoutout to The Acolyte, not only for this massive achivement, but for bringing hardcore one step closer to the mainstream.
Meph751 "I listen to the music in the burger king commercial" is my new answer to "what kind of music are you listening to? hardcore? what the hell is that?"
Brian K that's awesome!

big ups sam! just wish you'd come back on here more often =P
XenatR dont really like the track but its a good achievement

well done :)
silver I can't post my copy of the advert as it's not final, can someone send it too us?
ryg0r
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
that's awesome!

I'm always watching
charlieee haha thats mad nice find
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
quote:
that's awesome!

I'm always watching

You dirty voyeur!
Spoone hmmm nice to see a hardcore producer sucking burger kings cock.

I'm sorry, im all for advancement of the scene and everything, but burger king? thats tantamount to advertising for mcdonalds, and is not really the sort of company i reckon should be asscociated with hardcore.

my 2 pence anyway.
Leto ^^If the anyone is sucking Burger King's cock it's Konami, not The Acolyte.

You can't be mad at the Acolyte for producing a song that Konami liked enough to put as their main theme for DDR Universe.

Spoone
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
^^If the anyone is sucking Burger King's cock it's Konami, not The Acolyte.

You can't be mad at the Acolyte for producing a song that Konami liked enough to put as their main theme for DDR Universe.

yer i suppose i didn't really read into it enough.

too early for me hehe :P
Leto Does anyone have a clip of the TV advertisement (besides Silver)? I can't seem to find it on youtube...
PsychoticRaver
quote:
Originally posted by MegaJynx:
Its times like these that shut people up that think Hardcore might be dying. I was shocked that four (five counting Hardcore Adrenaline) Hardcore albums are coming out this month alone, but this takes the cake. I think we all should give a huge shoutout to The Acolyte, not only for this massive achivement, but for bringing hardcore one step closer to the mainstream.

I for one don't want hardcore going mainstream and commercial!

:P.
DarrenJ
quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticRaver:
quote:
Its times like these that shut people up that think Hardcore might be dying. I was shocked that four (five counting Hardcore Adrenaline) Hardcore albums are coming out this month alone, but this takes the cake. I think we all should give a huge shoutout to The Acolyte, not only for this massive achivement, but for bringing hardcore one step closer to the mainstream.

But we are talking about USA here, they dont even have CD releases like UK
any exposure is good
MegaJynx
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:
quote:

any exposure is good

Yea I live in the US, and about... NO ONE knows what hardcore is. It would be nice if I could one day walk into Best Buy, and see a bonkers or hardcore nation CD in the slowly growing electronic section. I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.
NeXuS
quote:
I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.

Very fortunate ;)
I think our area is one of the best places to be in the US for a hardcore head, with hardcore events going down almost every weekend. Just last Saturday Fracus stopped by and layed down a killer set along side Oli-G.

Anyway I am happy for any exposure, for someone like me who expected to NEVER see my music in the mainstream let alone a tv commercial... I am excited to say the least.
milo imho it can only mean good things for hardcore this side of the pond.

now, if only they'd drop that "king" character they have - ****ing creepy
Mr igloo No way milo! The King rocks :D
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
I'm always watching

eeeek

*covers up*
MegaJynx
quote:
Originally posted by NeXuS:
quote:
I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.

Very fortunate ;)
I think our area is one of the best places to be in the US for a hardcore head, with hardcore events going down almost every weekend. Just last Saturday Fracus stopped by and layed down a killer set along side Oli-G.

Anyway I am happy for any exposure, for someone like me who expected to NEVER see my music in the mainstream let alone a tv commercial... I am excited to say the least.

Not to get too off topic, but if it wouldn't be a huge hassle, could you PM me with some info on how to find some of these (hardcore) raves in CA? I notice a few popping up on the event section, but other than that, I can't find any :'(

Milo: Your just mad because the king is going out with your mom :p Seriosuly, I agree, tell them to nix it plix.

warped_candykid The only thing i dont like is the fact they giving away the track to little kids. One of the toys is an actual cd of the tracks. So now, we are going to have little kids jamming out to Hardcore music.
Xenochrome
quote:
that's awesome!

Agreed

Gaz Terror 'a little exposure can't kill it'

On the contary, I hope it does.

Then that way, we will start to see some top notch hardcore being produced like back in 2001/2002 when the scene was in the mire and only just beginning to resurface again.

Granted, there are some quality choons coming out these days, but because of labels like Raverbaby cutting the biggest chunk of the pie out for themself, (which reeks of 'pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest') small labels, which can be seen with RFU, are being stifled and are barely able to break even. The smaller labels you will actually find usually showcase the best talent & the best choons, not always, but more often than not.

I'd like to see a return to when labels like Raw Elements, Hectech & Phase 4 (now sadly defunct) & Elation were able to release top notch hardcore, that pisses on anything I've heard on Raverbaby.

So yeah, big rant, and I doubt many of you will agree with me, but **** it this is how I feel.
silver ^^^ The track was made for a Konami DDR game not Burger King, it just so happens Burger King liked that track and wanted to use it for their commercial. I don't think Burger King choose the track because it was hardcore, just worked out that way :)
PsychoticRaver I can see where you're coming from.

Silver, you're more than correct there. Unless, the person who owns Burger King is a raver? Hehe!
bulby_g How come you Americans get free hardcore with your BK's when all we get is a shit plastic penguin :( Hardly fair.
MegaJynx
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
^^^ The track was made for a Konami DDR game not Burger King, it just so happens Burger King liked that track and wanted to use it for their commercial. I don't think Burger King choose the track because it was hardcore, just worked out that way :)

It was meant to be... dont question the ways of hardcore X_X
NeXuS
quote:
Not to get too off topic, but if it wouldn't be a huge hassle, could you PM me with some info on how to find some of these (hardcore) raves in CA? I notice a few popping up on the event section, but other than that, I can't find any :'(

Yes sorry to go off topic again =P...
Every event we post through the event system must have at least some hardcore spinning at the event. Just have a browse through the calendar, I'm sure you will find one you might like.

And Gaz...
I understand what your talking about.
But over here you have to understand it's an entirly different situation. The UK has already seen the rise, fall, and re-rise of hardcore but here, we haven't even seen a rise yet.
Also over here, there is no such thing as "Raverbaby cutting the biggest chunk of the pie," since there really is no scene here to take a cut from in the first place.

Things are looking up for the U.S.
And im glad to be a part of it.
MegaJynx
quote:
Originally posted by NeXuS:
quote:

Yes sorry to go off topic again =P...
Every event we post through the event system must have at least some hardcore spinning at the event. Just have a browse through the calendar, I'm sure you will find one you might like.
Alright thanks again, to end the offtopicness :p

And I agree also with the fact that the US needs its turn in the Hardcore scene. I didn't really wanna say this... or maybe I do, cuz I am saying it now, but I have been SLOWLY working various hardcore tunes for almost a year now, and they are getting kinda good; if I can polish them up, ill slowly start releasing them here and there. Point is, if this Burger King is a hopeful omen of the rise of Hardcore in the US, I better hurry it up :p
Gaz Terror I take both Silvers and Nexus' points, and I'm pretty much glad it's getting bigger in the states.

I suppose I was trying to let off some steam, perhaps the wrong thread to do it :/

*sighs*
DylanHicks HARDCORE is getting really big in the states now as well as everywher. Thanks to things like the North American Hardcore Movement. I could see konamis DDR serries being a major benafactor for all of hardcore and giving it a huge boost in listeners. :)
ZerophoniK was watching spongebob this morning and saw this commercial on Nickolodean...

made my day :)
Meph751
quote:
Originally posted by DylanHicks:
HARDCORE is getting really big in the states now

news to me... lol
DJsqeak
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:
quote:

any exposure is good

Yea I live in the US, and about... NO ONE knows what hardcore is. It would be nice if I could one day walk into Best Buy, and see a bonkers or hardcore nation CD in the slowly growing electronic section. I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.

The Best Buy out here has This is Noize II and Hardcore Nation..... still not enough though

Virgin records carry Hardcore Nation and Bonkers
DJsqeak Everytime the commercial comes on, I get chills.

I personally wouldn't mind hardcore going "mainstream". I don't really see a down side to hardcore being popular. I'm all for anything that opens people's ears up to new flavors that don't get much recognition here in the U.S.
jenks I have mixed feelings about hardcore going mainstream, I mean look what happened to hip hop
Doc_Oxygen Hardcore isn't going to go mainstream. It takes a special kind of mind to appreicate electronic music in general, hardcore even more so. What a lot of people worry about is that there will be thousands of brainless teenagers walking around gushing about how fantastically awesome this "new" music is, completely ignorant of the fact that there were people listening to this before it became the "big thing".

To understand why hardcore can't go mainstream we need to look at the current mainstream trends. Young mainstream people these days predominently listen to the mass produced hip-hop which is available to them, or pop-punk sort of stuff. Now the main difference between mainstream pop-punk/hip-hop and electronic music, is that electronic music is about progression and rewarding paying attention.

Mainstream music just jumps straight to the point, like an intravienous injection of stupid. Electronic music is more like a rectal suppository. All electronic music needs to be appreciated in the full form, so you need to listen to the entire 7 minutes of a track inorder to completely understand and appreciate the progression. This is why to the uneducated electronic music just sounds like the same thing repeated for ages. Hardcore being on a BK commercial isnt going to change the fact that mainstream people are still going to think that hardcore sounds like the same thing repeated over and over. The average person doesnt have the patience or intelligence to appreciate any form of electronic music, ESPECIALLY not hardcore.

So thats why I say big ups Acolyte, make that money. Because no matter how many people hear that commercial, the majority of them still arn't going to give a shit about our music.
jenks ^^ Electronic music is pretty mainstream in Europe, it wouldn't be particularly out of the ordinary for a dance track to get to number 1.
NeXuS
quote:
Originally posted by Doc_Oxygen:
snip =D

I agree with what you are saying and thats probably one of the best explanations i've ever heard.

But the amount of people that are going to like it is not what i was after. The fact that our music is finally being taken seriously as a mulit-national corporation choosing a hardcore tune to be the on the forfront of a national add is enough :)

But its also obvious they are targeting kids with this add...
Kind of a downer.
SixFeet Holy shit, go Sam!!
DarrenJ found pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Bemani_573/100_1517edit.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Bemani_573/100_1516edit.jpg

from ddrfreak.com
notice they like acolyte tracks on there, as i check the site about every month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feBKGf3xpTc

guy plays with his ddr toy
Cotts
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
How come you Americans get free hardcore with your BK's when all we get is a shit plastic penguin :( Hardly fair.

haha yeah thats so damn true
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Cotts:
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
How come you Americans get free hardcore with your BK's when all we get is a shit plastic penguin :( Hardly fair.

haha yeah thats so damn true

At least you have BK, they pulled out of Japan.
bulby_g ^^^ Gutted! I'd be well pissed.
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by DJsqeak:

I saw it was The Acolyte and I was like "HELL ****NI YEAH!!!"

Go Sam!

It took 2.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page