Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 New profile system - changes and bugs here%21

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver We have totally redesigned our profile system, good news is that you can now delete your buddies on your buddy lists and do alot of other funky stuff! This is version 0.9 if you will of the system, we have done bug testing and other things to make sure it all works nicely but of course your help in bug reporting is always appreciated :)

Changes? The major change if your used our previous buddy system is that when one person requests to be a buddy and the other accepts that request you are both on each others lists as buddies, there is no more 1 way buddy lists.

Other changes:
- Buddies are displayed with their avatar and their names.
- Buddy requests, you are now notified if someone wants to add you as a buddy.
- Email alerts, you are now emailed when you get a buddy request or introduction.
- Introductions, you can leave introductions to your buddies. Of course if you don't like an introduction from one member you can delete it or if you wrote the introduction you can edit it.
- My home, new button to find your profile page on the blue navi (every other page but top page).
- Change "home" in the top white navi to "top"
- Moved the banner on the profile page from the top to the right to give everyone more space and make the page flow.
- Loads more, we have written nearly 300K of new code!

You need to have an account on the site to see the profiles, this might change in the future but for now (and in testing phase) you need to be logged in.

Please note that you will be getting emails from [email protected] for all email alerts and some private messages, you used to get private messages just from [email protected], we will be changing the private messages all to the same email address in the future. Make sure to add [email protected] to your white lists and move it from your junk folders and mark as a safe contact. Optionally all emails from [email protected] will start with [HappyHardcore.com] if you want to add that to your rules for spam protection

Future improvements:
- The "My Area" section on the site will be merged into the new profile system at some point to have a better base of info for the member.
- Biographics (about yours) on your profile page.
- More detailed event intergration.
- a ton more stuff that I don't want to give away just yet because it is a suprise :)

Thoughts and issues, let us know :)
ihaveduff nice one mate!! seems to be all good (and site is faster form previous updates)!! keep up the good work :D
bulby_g I have no friends now :(
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
I have no friends now :(

All 3 of mine have vanished as well
silver
quote:
I have no friends now :(

Sorry if you were using the old system, but we need to delete everyone as we introduced requests to buddies and previous friends were all automatically added. To be honest the old system was sort of half finished and the new system is much better. I don't think anyone is really missing out.

BTW: Just requested you as a buddy :)
bulby_g Added :)

Ah cool that all makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:

All 3 of mine

You had that many?...
clarke101
quote:
Added :)

Ah cool that all makes sense.

quote:

All 3 of mine

You had that many?...

*cries*

*Edit*

Love the txt you can add to the request. Perfect for insulting people. As Brian will find out.
silver
quote:
Love the txt you can add to the request. Perfect for insulting people. As Brian will find out.

Yeah it's a real request system, you can beg and plead :)
Cotts Yeah its working quite well I must say silver. I like how in the profiles it comes up with everyones avatar's rather than just a string of text.

So far so good!
silver No bugs?
djDMS Not working so well for me.

There must be a problem with other people's friend requests getting through.....
Mortis Working fine for me so far, one minor bug is that it didn't send out my first request, I re-requested and it's been fine since.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Not working so well for me.

There must be a problem with other people's friend requests getting through.....

If they have old or not working email address' in their profile the request wont get to them. I'm thinking to move he "you have xx buddy requests" thing in the profile system to the rest of the site as well.
SickPigRecords sounds good i think it looks better
Da Cunney Bugz dont understand why if im in there list and they wer in mine, its now empty?

should i just blame immigrants?
Knightmare haha, I finally have a buddy! (and it's the man himself, Silver!) :p
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Da Cunney Bugz:
dont understand why if im in there list and they wer in mine, its now empty?

You're talking about the old system, we had to delete the previous lists because none of them were requested and people didn't like being added without their permission :)
Ionosphere It's all good....

*edit*

except that there's no 'smilies' available for the accept messages.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
It's all good....

*edit*

except that there's no 'smilies' available for the accept messages.

You can use the forum code for the smilies, just make a mental (or on paper) note of the code they use in the forums
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:

You can use the forum code for the smilies, just make a mental (or on paper) note of the code they use in the forums

Aha!

....right, now who can I test it on....?

silver I'll add the formatting bar in a future version :)
silver We have also just changed the PM and new buddy display system to popup nicely as text under the login section instead of a weirdly placed private message button that some people ignored as they thought it was a banner heh... here are some more changes we just put into effect if your interested (v3.1.28.0):

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/portal_redirect.asp?linkid=1361&linkname=HappyHardcore%2Ecom+v3+base+code&catid=&cattitle=&area=4&refID=
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

....if your interested (v3.1.28.0):

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/portal_redirect.asp?linkid=1361&linkname=HappyHardcore%2Ecom+v3+base+code&catid=&cattitle=&area=4&refID=

....whoahhhh!
jack5724 its all good!!
Torpex
quote:
If they have old or not working email address' in their profile the request wont get to them.

Maybe an user should get buddy notifications via PM?
Leto
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
quote:
If they have old or not working email address' in their profile the request wont get to them.

I think they do show up in your PM box.
Virtual Xtc Great feature this, Thumbs Up
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:

You are emailed and a special "you have x new buddy requests" link comes up on the right in red on the screen. Make sure your email in your profile is correct otherwise you wont get the messages :)
silver New feature, added an event attendance number for all profiles, so you can see how many events you have been to or not if the case may be :)

The number is the total number of events you are registered as attending or have attended. If your new to event attendance, you can add yourself to events by clicking the number next to the event in the event calendar or in the forum event topic.

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page