Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 darren styles charts at

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Wilky number 4 in his first week

well done stylesy
FingazMc Is that the normal album chart? or Dance..?
Underloop Normal album chart. Pipped to the post by (in descending order) Coldplay, Duffy and the legend that is Neil Diamond!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml
redwingz yet his latest single was straight in at 87 or something last week lol
FingazMc Well congratulations Styles just think a few years ago we would of never thought wed see a hardcore album in the charts, true it does mean the scene is immensly commercial now but at least styles stuck with the scene through the tough times so he deserves to make a bit of money doesent he...?
I say this as a "happy hardcore" raver who hates the commercial side of hardcore.

Although i have to say the non hardcore disc is absolute poo lol
Jimouk No, he doesnt.
Meathead From what i've heard of the CD, it's poor, really poor. which is probably why it's doing so well in the British charts, but still, well done Styles. He has stuck with hardcore through the difficult times and respect to him for that.

Hardcore is commercial now and Styles probably did have a lot to do with that, but he does deserve some sort of reward for what he's done in hardcore. I just hope other producers don't see what Styles has done and decide to follow suit. There's only so much commercial pish i can stand lol.
DJ Acidix stopped in a FYE and saw tiesto in the top 20 section

I :]'d
DJ-Intensity First time ever.

acidfluxxbass "hardcores back, now they all want a piece of us, magazines are making such a fuss..."
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
"hardcores back, now they all want a piece of us, magazines are making such a fuss..."

'desperate magazines' lol
DJ-Intensity Didn't like the commercial CD though.
Smoogie Does anyone know where I can download this album for free?

Also does anyone know where I can get a new girlfriend as my last one dumped me as I got her pink fluffy boots instead of white ones because she said that Chesney is going in pink ones & it will look sad if they were both pink so she wants white!

*jokes*
Chwhynny Great album, and a great achievement! I'm not keen on commercial dance music at all but I must admit I've even enjoyed the commercial stuff on this album. It's a lot more musically complex than most chart music, and of course I love Styles' voice. He's done an extremely good job. Fair play! :D
Fluffbomb
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
Well congratulations Styles just think a few years ago we would of never thought wed see a hardcore album in the charts, true it does mean the scene is immensly commercial now but at least styles stuck with the scene through the tough times so he deserves to make a bit of money doesent he...?

<Cough>Prodigy - Experience<Cough>

silver Congrats Darren!
Watson. I heard "Discolights" on "The Hits" last night, and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Good luck to him though.

Styles has went down in my estimation though. I thought Styles & Breeze were fantastic when I first started listening to Hardcore. I'm very disappointed with many of his productions lately. Obviously others will feel different, but the direction he's heading towards just isn't to my taste.
Dain-Ja This calls for some Darren's Piles.

I *love* Flashlight, but everytime I hear it I think "FLESHLIGHT". (http://www.fleshlight.com - anybody who's been online probably knows what it is. Some kind of vagina clone in the shape of a flashlight)

Reaching out, for my masturbation
I need to whack, touching my behind
I shoot my load in you, need to feel some friction
I'm longer now, and you're the reason why
So show me the lay, you're the hole that I have chosen
Excite me today, no more fears my ass is broken
Show me the lay, you're the hole that I've been searching
Ride me today - just like a FLESHlight, like a FLESHlight

Just like a FLESHlight, like a FLESHlight
Just like a FLESHlight, like a FLESHlight!
Wilky i love Darren Styles, he has been through the seen through the good times and the bad. Yes his musci is more of the commercial side, but that surely can only be a good thing!!

Hardcore needs to be commercial.. these days more than ever with the decline in CD sales & vinyl. the only way with our scene seviving and gettin bigger & stronger is the commercial market.

hardcore still has its underground side... but for me the commercial side is just as important if not more so..

a lot of u might disagree with me but fair play to you, you are entitled to do so...
Vitalism great lyrics dain-ja.

i haven't heard the album yet, but that's pretty good that he's at #4 in the UK charts.
djepi People can take the piss all they like.

From back in 93'ish on Kniteforce till right now. He's got hardcore in his DNA.

Yeah the Prodigy done well reaching high in the album charts but I can't think of another solo dance artist (as in house/trance/etc) that hit 4 or above.

Nothing funnier some of those re-writing of his lycris though... comic genius... actually no they're shit.

Well done Darren. Ledgend mate.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
People can take the piss all they like.

Yeah the Prodigy done well reaching high in the album charts but I can't think of another solo dance artist (as in house/trance/etc) that hit 4 or above.

Nothing funnier some of those re-writing of his lycris though... comic genius... actually no they're shit.

Well done Darren. Ledgend mate.

AGREED mate!

every hardcore forum slates styles, yet every thread about him ends up page after page after page!

the guy is a genius and deserves all the success hes avin, hardcore and commercial.

4th, ****in well pleased with that. havent got my copy yet, but will in a few days!

big urself up darren, you're mr hardcore mate!
DJ-Intensity I said I wasn't gonna get the CD but I did in the end.
Mortis
quote:

I agree with that, loved the early Force & Evolution stuff and nearly all Force & Styles tracks where classics. I don't like his music these days, I think their is alot more talented people making better music than what Styles is making now, early Breeze & Styles stuff was good, Styles on his own I don't rate. For me he seems to make alot better tracks when he's colabing with another artists, it's like he has loads of talent but just not enough to make tunes I like when he's producing on his own.

Watson.
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:
i love Darren Styles, he has been through the seen through the good times and the bad. Yes his musci is more of the commercial side, but that surely can only be a good thing!!

Hardcore needs to be commercial.. these days more than ever with the decline in CD sales & vinyl. the only way with our scene seviving and gettin bigger & stronger is the commercial market.

hardcore still has its underground side... but for me the commercial side is just as important if not more so..

a lot of u might disagree with me but fair play to you, you are entitled to do so...

It has It's pro's and con's.

It's obviously good that money is being injected into the scene, as that should prevent repeats of Resist etc, but on the music side I'd have to say that it can be a bad thing. Commercial hardcore releases tend to have the tracks slowed down, which I find annoying. I also notice a distinct lack of bass in some compilations. My prime example of this is Clubland Extreme Hardcore 3. I honestly thought that album was utter garbage and I decided not to buy the next one.

Of course, whilst the seasoned ravers get pissed off with this, I suppose people who didn't like hardcore previously may begin to get into it.
Dain-Ja meh, alot of the tracks are still anthem material
DJ-Intensity
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
meh, alot of the tracks are still anthem material

Agreed.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Watson.:
quote:
i love Darren Styles, he has been through the seen through the good times and the bad. Yes his musci is more of the commercial side, but that surely can only be a good thing!!

It has It's pro's and con's.

It's obviously good that money is being injected into the scene, as that should prevent repeats of Resist etc, but on the music side I'd have to say that it can be a bad thing. Commercial hardcore releases tend to have the tracks slowed down, which I find annoying. I also notice a distinct lack of bass in some compilations. My prime example of this is Clubland Extreme Hardcore 3. I honestly thought that album was utter garbage and I decided not to buy the next one.

Of course, whilst the seasoned ravers get pissed off with this, I suppose people who didn't like hardcore previously may begin to get into it.

thats why is best to have commercial hardcore and underground hardcore, like we do at the moment!
Garedos No matter what any one thinks about to commercial exposure to our scene and the inevitable watering down of the quaility of tunes that follows, IE many bandwagon jumpers more tunes on the production table have to mean the odd corker here and there.

Lets look at mathmatically....

Before the exposure there are 100 releases a month, 2% turn out to be classics. Breaking thru into the mainstream charts could easily bump up production by three times due to people trying to make money from it, even if the quality halfs then thats 1% of 300 hundred possibly giving you an extra classic each month.

Maybe im optiamistic, maybe not.

And if it all goes tits up, those of us that are Hardcore to the bone will just settle back in to our underground scene and I dont bellieve that "once again we will live to regret it"

(What a great {Tune} that was)
coopshire unfortuneatly i dont think that we will ever see a DJ name in the top 100 charts in the US...
to many people that like rap and rock

Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Garedos:
No matter what any one thinks about to commercial exposure to our scene and the inevitable watering down of the quaility of tunes that follows, IE many bandwagon jumpers more tunes on the production table have to mean the odd corker here and there.

Lets look at mathmatically....

Before the exposure there are 100 releases a month, 2% turn out to be classics. Breaking thru into the mainstream charts could easily bump up production by three times due to people trying to make money from it, even if the quality halfs then thats 1% of 300 hundred possibly giving you an extra classic each month.

Maybe im optiamistic, maybe not.

And if it all goes tits up, those of us that are Hardcore to the bone will just settle back in to our underground scene and I dont bellieve that "once again we will live to regret it"

(What a great {Tune} that was)

fantastic tune

the thing with hardcore now compared to the 90's is variety, bit of everything for everyone. in the 90's it was all samey, thats why it dipped towards 99! theres no chance in that again as hardcore is so varied now
Smoogie
quote:
the thing with hardcore now compared to the 90's is variety, bit of everything for everyone. in the 90's it was all samey, thats why it dipped towards 99! theres no chance in that again as hardcore is so varied now

I thought it was the other way around!
CDJay edit: Was veering off topic.

Damn you, above posters, for baiting me.

CDJay

Underloop Should have added "Well done Mr Styles" to my previous post - very rude of me, apologies!

Whatever people's opinions on here about the guy's music, you can't really argue with a no. 4 slot! He is now up there in chart history along with The Prodigy, The Smart Es and Shut Up and Dance. Fair play to the guy!
DJ-Intensity There is the odd tune I like he has produced on his own label.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
Should have added "Well done Mr Styles" to my previous post - very rude of me, apologies!

Whatever people's opinions on here about the guy's music, you can't really argue with a no. 4 slot! He is now up there in chart history along with The Prodigy, The Smart Es and Shut Up and Dance. Fair play to the guy!

There where alot of commercial acts in the 90s but only a few where big outside of the rave scene! Q-tex, Rythemic Sate, Altern-8 and dare I say it- Paul Elstak! All had some commercial stuff (as with most of Pengo records) but they were sometimes unsussesful. Typically, even the commercial stuff was better then that it was now!

As for number 4 slots I don't think many people in Hardcore have got that high so I supose a rouind of aplaws for Darren Styles!
Wilky noone in hardcore has been anywhere near number 4 in the album charts!

compilation we've had a few number one's
Ken Masters Can we really say well done to Darren for getting to the top 4? I mean someone was comparing him to doing aswell as the Prodigy & Altern 8. Do you honestly think that Darren styles would have got a no 4 if he was making music in the height of the scene. NO WAY! He has never had the skills or the musical education to push a style of music forward. Act's, like are mentioned above, have done their part for the scene we have today. Without them we would have hardcore & Rave. He's jumped on the Commercial bandwagon & pretty much f**ked us all over! This is a very sad day for Hardcore & the scene because it show that a lot of our big names & top Men aren't even push hardcore forward any more. They're happy with a couple of hundered thousand young girls going out & buying a CD because they Fancy him!!! Is this a POP STAR or what. At least when all those great act's in the 90's were running the charts they never sold out & became Pop Stars they moved on with the scene & payed respects to the music that had made them what they are. I mean look at the prodigy now. They are the legends of the dance world & a force of nature but how many tracks have they released with Liam Howlett flying through the F**king air, SINGING. Sorry, no. That's to far. What a sell out c**t!!!
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
Can we really say well done to Darren for getting to the top 4? I mean someone was comparing him to doing aswell as the Prodigy & Altern 8. Do you honestly think that Darren styles would have got a no 4 if he was making music in the height of the scene. NO WAY! He has never had the skills or the musical education to push a style of music forward. Act's, like are mentioned above, have done their part for the scene we have today. Without them we would have hardcore & Rave. He's jumped on the Commercial bandwagon & pretty much f**ked us all over! This is a very sad day for Hardcore & the scene because it show that a lot of our big names & top Men aren't even push hardcore forward any more. They're happy with a couple of hundered thousand young girls going out & buying a CD because they Fancy him!!! Is this a POP STAR or what. At least when all those great act's in the 90's were running the charts they never sold out & became Pop Stars they moved on with the scene & payed respects to the music that had made them what they are. I mean look at the prodigy now. They are the legends of the dance world & a force of nature but how many tracks have they released with Liam Howlett flying through the F**king air, SINGING. Sorry, no. That's to far. What a sell out c**t!!!

totally disagree

how can u say he's sellin out to the commercial world then u dont know much about him. his tunes have always been aimed at the commercial market, its just he's had the opportunity to make it reality over the last few years.

its great news for the scene. i just hope more hardcore artists push hardcore up the charts. i mean hardcore tho not remixed commercial.
Dain-Ja The fact that something is marketable and profitable (hence, commercial) doesn't render it bad.

Broad appeal is exactly what hardcore needs. The music and artists with mass appeal will attract listeners, and once they dwelve deeper into hardcore, they'll get into "less commercial" music.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's the best thing that could happen.
Wilky
quote:
The fact that something is marketable and profitable (hence, commercial) doesn't render it bad.

Broad appeal is exactly what hardcore needs. The music and artists with mass appeal will attract listeners, and once they dwelve deeper into hardcore, they'll get into "less commercial" music.

my point exactly
phewcharyztik
quote:
quote:
The fact that something is marketable and profitable (hence, commercial) doesn't render it bad.

my point exactly

I agree. All the best scenes have stuff in the charts.
There's plenty of Rock in the charts, Electro, Rap, Bassline House, Drum & Bass (well, just Pendulum) etc and they all still have a massive underground scene too. Just because one or two tracks from a scene enter the charts doesn't mean the whole scene is now classed as commercial and it will crumble and fall apart. As said before, all this does is bring more interest and new fresh faces to the show, which has to be a good thing. And for the true hardcore, there will always be the more harder tracks, freeform etc to listen to at home or go raving to. Just because one thing goes commercial it doesn't convert every track in the scene to a big steaming slice of cheese.
djepi Prodgy - Ledgends but Liam hasn't made a hardcore records for 13, maybe 14 years.
Altern 8 - Same again.

Both ****ed off from the scene and as I said eairler, Mr Styles is still here - was making hardcore in 93 and still is to this day. Never mind a number 4 album, that speaks volumes.
Ken Masters How about people who have never given any Hardcore genres a chance because they see this knobend floating through the sky singing. I mean come on to F**K. Hardcore is quickly becoming the laughing stock of, Dance music, in Britian. Mabey not around the world but in Britian. The rave scene here will never be the same again. Most of the commercial hardcore that comes out is f**kin kiddies music! There's nothing hard about it. I remember in high school, everyone was into hardcore. EVERYONE. what's happened? I remember getting tapes from my mates who's big bro's & cousins had gave them to listen too. These guy's were the shit. Really talented! It used to be a unity between the young and the old for the love of the music. Can you see anyone in there 30's actually giving Hardcore a chance these day's. It will never happen. A lot of these nu CD's are aimed at the youngsters because they know that the older generation ain't as f**king thick. Hardcore is underground & should have stayed Underground & the scene will suffer because stylesey want to make a bit more money. SAD
DJ-Intensity There is also the freeform as well.
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
How about people who have never given any Hardcore genres a chance because they see this knobend floating through the sky singing. I mean come on to F**K. Hardcore is quickly becoming the laughing stock of, Dance music, in Britian. Mabey not around the world but in Britian. The rave scene here will never be the same again. Most of the commercial hardcore that comes out is f**kin kiddies music! There's nothing hard about it. I remember in high school, everyone was into hardcore. EVERYONE. what's happened? I remember getting tapes from my mates who's big bro's & cousins had gave them to listen too. These guy's were the shit. Really talented! It used to be a unity between the young and the old for the love of the music. Can you see anyone in there 30's actually giving Hardcore a chance these day's. It will never happen. A lot of these nu CD's are aimed at the youngsters because they know that the older generation ain't as f**king thick. Hardcore is underground & should have stayed Underground & the scene will suffer because stylesey want to make a bit more money. SAD

Bollocks. All styles of hardcore are still out there if you're willing to look for them, the softer styles making money only has a knock on effect to the rest of the scene and it's all beneficial. The real reason people like you get pissed off is that the word hardcore now represents something slightly different to what you'd like it to, it's got nothing to do with hurting the scene, it's the equivalent of you spitting your dummy out because one side of hardcore has become more popular than your favourite, and you don't like it. Now that's sad.
djepi
quote:
Bollocks. All styles of hardcore are still out there if you're willing to look for them, the softer styles making money only has a knock on effect to the rest of the scene and it's all beneficial. The real reason people like you get pissed off is that the word hardcore now represents something slightly different to what you'd like it to, it's got nothing to do with hurting the scene, it's the equivalent of you spitting your dummy out because one side of hardcore has become more popular than your favourite, and you don't like it. Now that's sad

Spot on mate. Couldn't have put it better myself!

Hardcore has a future and its because of Mr Styles and all the other people producing hardcore (not people who left, marrying ex All Saints members and dissing the music we love).

There are so many differnent types of hardcore now and I love it - its never been better, so varied - commercial or whatever.

**** the past - here's to the future.

djepi Forgot to mention... you were right about the save me video, lol
Wilky
quote:
quote:
Bollocks. All styles of hardcore are still out there if you're willing to look for them, the softer styles making money only has a knock on effect to the rest of the scene and it's all beneficial. The real reason people like you get pissed off is that the word hardcore now represents something slightly different to what you'd like it to, it's got nothing to do with hurting the scene, it's the equivalent of you spitting your dummy out because one side of hardcore has become more popular than your favourite, and you don't like it. Now that's sad

Hardcore has a future and its because of Mr Styles and all the other people producing hardcore (not people who left, marrying ex All Saints members and dissing the music we love).

There are so many differnent types of hardcore now and I love it - its never been better, so varied - commercial or whatever.

both comments are spot on.

the pasts the past, it was good at the time but hardcore is better than back then.

for all those commercial haters, were do u think hardcore would be now without commercialization?

i tell u were it will be, it wouldnt be anywhere - infact, i dont think there would be a hardcore scene expet the odd event holdin the same old happy hardcore event every few months!

hardcore is the biggest thrievin genre that everyone wants a piece of, why the hell would u want to change that?

if some people want to live in the past, thats fine - commercial hardcore is here to stay and im excited! aswel as the underground its all good!
The Doc
quote:
quote:
quote:

the pasts the past, it was good at the time but hardcore is better than back then.

for all those commercial haters, were do u think hardcore would be now without commercialization?

i tell u were it will be, it wouldnt be anywhere - infact, i dont think there would be a hardcore scene expet the odd event holdin the same old happy hardcore event every few months!

hardcore is the biggest thrievin genre that everyone wants a piece of, why the hell would u want to change that?

if some people want to live in the past, thats fine - commercial hardcore is here to stay and im excited! aswel as the underground its all good!

I'm all for the future, but you can never forget the past! (Prodgidy are re-releasing their first 2 albums in August, and having listened to a couple of the trax from their new album, I know why!) and how can anyone say anytime in hardcore is better? I'm happy for Mr Styles, I don't dislike any hardcore music, but AATW are now like the Chelsea of hardcore! Buy the adverts and the stores and we'll sell more! (doesn't mean its more popular) I'm sure CDJay would love to put his CD's on with the same promotion! anyway I'm happy in the knowledge that when I reach 40, I've still got the music coming on strong!
The Doc but one thing we all should do, is bombared Pete Tongs myspace and ask why, after a Hardcore DJ can get to number 4 in the artists chart! Radio 1's dance music program still has no acknowledgement of hardcore music!
Ken Masters That's a fair point Doc
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
but one thing we all should do, is bombared Pete Tongs myspace and ask why, after a Hardcore DJ can get to number 4 in the artists chart! Radio 1's dance music program still has no acknowledgement of hardcore music!

they do, every 2nd friday of the month with kutski
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
but one thing we all should do, is bombared Pete Tongs myspace and ask why, after a Hardcore DJ can get to number 4 in the artists chart! Radio 1's dance music program still has no acknowledgement of hardcore music!

they do, every 2nd friday of the month with kutski

Nowhere near enough!
spudpeel I absolutely love the album, I was very surprised to see Drop zone on there, just for the fact that theres no vocals, and commercial stuff tends to be vocal. I mean, just look at scott browns elysium vs ultrabeats elysium. Vocals make all the difference to commercial success, and i dont think that makes it any less good music, its just that people like something they can sing along to. If thats all commercial really means then let styles do it, hes got a great voice and bundles of talent to go with it.

I did think the hardcore version of Discolights was a bit shite though, i think thats one that doesnt really work at hardcore speed, sounds kinda like its tripping over itself.

For another thing, with all the remixing going on, your average joe doesnt really know who wrote a lot of songs. Ive only been in the scene a couple of years, so I've been doing a lot of catching up, and I had no idea just how many brilliant tunes Styles was responsible for. Hopefully, he'll get the credit he deserves.
Wilky i bought the album 2day. the hardcore cd is good, got most of the tracks on various comps. i think discolights is better than the slower versions! feel love is the best track 4 me.
i was surprisf at how gud the commercial cd was.

fantastic album
DJ-Intensity Cutting Deep sounds different at the start.
DJ Acidix bawww

i wanna get this and true hardcore 2 pretty bad
Meathead Feel Love?! I almost cried tears of melted cheddar when i hear the sample.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Cutting Deep sounds different at the start.

most of the tracks ave been edited in sum way
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
quote:

********,holding 1 event every few months same old happy hardcore,they were still holding events when the scene hit a low 2000-01when no cds were geting released,and the scence was doing excellent 2002-06,before styles started making hardcore tracks then releaseing his commerial versions of them,so don,t go talking shite about that we needed these commerial versions of the hardcore tracks when we don,t,and by the way do u actually think that styles wud have got 2 number 4 in the charts if it was just 1 cd the hardcore 1 NO CHANCE,there was probably more dance heads bought his album than hardcore lovers
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
quote:
quote:

********,holding 1 event every few months same old happy hardcore,they were still holding events when the scene hit a low 2000-01when no cds were geting released,and the scence was doing excellent 2002-06,before styles started making hardcore tracks then releaseing his commerial versions of them,so don,t go talking shite about that we needed these commerial versions of the hardcore tracks when we don,t,and by the way do u actually think that styles wud have got 2 number 4 in the charts if it was just 1 cd the hardcore 1 NO CHANCE,there was probably more dance heads bought his album than hardcore lovers

my comment was relitivly speakin
DJ-Intensity I like the way how Cutting Deep starts off.
Wilky
quote:
I like the way how Cutting Deep starts off.

i do... he could of made drop zone with a better intro... most of the tunes actually sound better slighty edited..

i also like the different start to save me, the riff part is in a different key and sounds better
bulby_g Fair play to the guy. I don't really like the albums the RBC knocks out as they're just too much of the same all the way through but I do like some of the tracks.

Darren is a talented producer and song writer and deserves any recognition he gets.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Fair play to the guy. I don't really like the albums the RBC knocks out as they're just too much of the same all the way through but I do like some of the tracks.

Darren is a talented producer and song writer and deserves any recognition he gets.

whats the difference between a song writer and a producer?

ont he album cover, it says he is the producer of you're my angel, but not the writer...
SPOOX Just bought Darren Styles album Skydivin & was well pleased with it. Although Disc 2 is the commercial sh*t & i ain't really into any of it, Disc 1 more than makes up for it.
bulby_g Song writer - Writes vocals and/or music.

Producer - Studio knob polisher.

Most electronic music artists do both.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
Just bought Darren Styles album Skydivin & was well pleased with it. Although Disc 2 is the commercial sh*t & i ain't really into any of it, Disc 1 more than makes up for it.

i enjoyed disk 2, commercial aint my bag but liked it.. not as much as the hardcore cd obviously, but thought some of the tunes worked quite well... cd 2 is ok to chill out havin a mongin session to when u cant be arsed and are in bed

quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Song writer - Writes vocals and/or music.

Producer - Studio knob polisher.

Most electronic music artists do both.

ah right...
DJ-Intensity I like the riffs on Flashlight.
Mental_Adam best material under 'DJ Force & The Evolution' .. that is all
FingazMc mmmm only a matter of time before styles is on Buzzcocks :)
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
mmmm only a matter of time before styles is on Buzzcocks :)

didnt u know hes in the noninations at the brit awards?
djepi Many thought Styles would drop out the top 10 this week but hes still at number 4!
Unbelievable.
Wilky big up the one like styles, fantastic 4th for a 2nd week!

am i the only one that thinks just easy sounds like the streets and should of been replaced with girlfriend?
Mental_Adam darren was on the buzzcocks?

I'm glad he's getting some spot light for all the hard work.

AATW even though i bash it as well as others, have done yet another good album release... Thats probably their 2nd Top.5 album in a month i think
Meathead
quote:
big up the one like styles, fantastic 4th for a 2nd week!

am i the only one that thinks just easy sounds like the streets and should of been replaced with girlfriend?

Does sound like a poor Mike Skinner impersonation.
KermytDJ 33 years old and still loving the scene. I checked the charts last night and i was so exicted i had to wake the missus up and tell her Darren Styles was the highest entry in the National Album Charts not Dance, Not R&B, Not Compilations but National Album. She hates the music ha ha ha but had to tell her none the less.

I was naughty and downloaded it a couple of weeks ago but dont worry it has now been purchased.

SUPPORT THE SCENE AND CONTINUE TO HELP IT GROW. PURCHASE YOUR TUNES AND ALLOW THE ARTISTS TO FUND THEIR NEW PROJECTS AND HELP THE SCENE.

As mentioned by many HARDCORE is varied as hell now, so just go with it. I'm loving it.

However i still want DJ's to mix all styles in one set: thats all different styles of hardcore Gabber, 4-Beat, UK Hardcore, D&B, Techno, Breakbeat, Ravebreaks whatever.

Shame the lad can't get recognition with his singles. Save Me was classic even the watered down versions.

Would be nice also to get some Hardcore at the Glastonbury's or Reading's. :D
acidfluxxbass Hardcore At Glastonbury

LMAO

rave in the mud
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
Hardcore At Glastonbury

LMAO

rave in the mud

Sounds like perfection to me.
Wilky it would defo bring back the vibe of the old warehouse, ravin in a field days!

as for darren styles singles, maybe after the succes of the album single sales will pick up, i hope so, we need a flood of proper full speed bangin hardcore in the charts, not the watered down tripe.

i think styles 4got to pitch juniors vocals up on i need u, the just dont sound right in that track at all
mindcontrollerone I cannot comprehend all the Darren Styles haters. Your acting like he sold out! CD1 is full on... 4 to the fooking floor HARDCORE! They are edited so the average listener whos not a dj doesnt have to hear 2 minutes of of kick drums which are used for mixing purposes. If it wasnt for Darren Styles and Force & Styles and Breeze & Styles there wouldnt be much of a scene. Ask any raver new or old what there favorite hardcore songs are... and I bet Darren Styles had something to do with it. He's been there since before most of you even knew what hardcore was? "Force & Evolution(darrenstyles) 1993+". He's an amazing artist and he deserves his success. I am happy for him.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by mindcontrollerone:
I cannot comprehend all the Darren Styles haters. Your acting like he sold out! CD1 is full on... 4 to the fooking floor HARDCORE! They are edited so the average listener whos not a dj doesnt have to hear 2 minutes of of kick drums which are used for mixing purposes. If it wasnt for Darren Styles and Force & Styles and Breeze & Styles there wouldnt be much of a scene. Ask any raver new or old what there favorite hardcore songs are... and I bet Darren Styles had something to do with it. He's been there since before most of you even knew what hardcore was? "Force & Evolution(darrenstyles) 1993+". He's an amazing artist and he deserves his success. I am happy for him.

darren styles and raverbaby is what saved hardcore from its death at the beginin of this decade.

most people would say hes sold out due to commercial success, but u tell me a genre thats still around and thrievin without commercial success?

yea darren styles music can be a bit cheesy, but hes never hidde the fact that he makes cheeseycore. infact most happy hardcore was well cheesey. cheese, i love cheeseycore!
Chris B Darren styles at glastonbury

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

as much as is full of student bummer rock i'm pretty sure all the "fashionable" hippy sacks dont fancy rockin the main stage to a bit of speedscouse

quote:
darren was on the buzzcocks?

I'm glad he's getting some spot light for all the hard work.

darren styles on never mind the buzzcocks hahahahahaha, that would be comedy
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by mindcontrollerone:
Darren Styles haters.

CD1 is full on... 4 to the fooking floor HARDCORE!

as much as takin piss in my last post not gettin at anybody, make whatever ****in music you want.

full on four to the floor hardcore though, suppose im just to cynical but cant see it bein anythin more than sped up eurodance
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by KermytDJ:
SUPPORT THE SCENE AND CONTINUE TO HELP IT GROW. PURCHASE YOUR TUNES AND ALLOW THE ARTISTS TO FUND THEIR NEW PROJECTS AND HELP THE SCENE.

Why when does darren styles or aatw give me random tenners to fund me and help me grow???

good music people buy, at end of day talent speaks for itself.

make music people want, people will buy it.

F*ck scenes, talent gets paid when deserved i cant get people who'll buy a cd/vinyl they dont want to help DaCoRE!!!!!!
Wilky chris b, whats with the chip on ur shoulder?

sped up euro pop. dont know what skydivin album u been listenin to but cant be the one i got as its all original stuff mate on cd1, nowt euro or speed about it (wel apart from hardcore speed, obviously)
Chris B No chip on my shoulder and perfectly honest aint listened the album, jus readin some replies and thought of raverbaby pa at glastonbury made me piss myself.

Not gettin at darren styles fair play to him, makin tunes and gettin living out its class.

But still full on four to the floor hardcore, suppose growin up with scottish/dutch style i think differently of whats full on four to the floor. Anno this is HAPPYhardcore.com and i'm not too keen on that side especially of last few years but full on 4 to the floor hardcore i probably have a different definition to people on here and this cd.

Wilky depends what era we're talkin.
this album is his hardcore over the last few years and present - differnt styles, differnt tastes, different perseptions and all that!

we need more artist albums like this flooding the charts, hope this sets it all off
Chris B Yeah fair enough hardcore doin well in uk pop charts

but at same time have to see darren styles at glastonbury hahahahahahahahaha sorry hahahahahahahahaha

think jay z got booed can only imagine the student hippy massive in a 70,000 strong rendition of your my angel hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
Yeah fair enough hardcore doin well in uk pop charts

but at same time have to see darren styles at glastonbury hahahahahahahahaha sorry hahahahahahahahaha

think jay z got booed can only imagine the student hippy massive in a 70,000 strong rendition of your my angel hahahahahahahahahahahaha

why not, to be honest its only a matter of time.. i heard a drum & bass set live from there on radio one the other night!!
Chris B Drum n bass is one thing no f*ckin way will hear uk hardcore at glastonbury in my lifetime, if seriously think so your deluded.

Wilky
quote:
Drum n bass is one thing no f*ckin way will hear uk hardcore at glastonbury in my lifetime, if seriously think so your deluded.

hows that deluded?

never say never
Chris B Ok dont hold your breath
DJ-Intensity Most Drum N Bass is good.
Meathead
quote:
quote:
Yeah fair enough hardcore doin well in uk pop charts

why not, to be honest its only a matter of time.. i heard a drum & bass set live from there on radio one the other night!!

That's cos Radio1 are playing DnB on quite a large scale atm. They've got the Fabio DnB show on there and now they've started to use DnB tunes in their record of the week thing.

DnB was on at Glasto because the vast majority of the British public are bloody sheep, whatever Radio1 and other radio stations, music tv stations etc place in front of them they'll listen to and go along with. But hardcore and DnB in the mainstream are two very different things. For example; like i said about DnB on Radio1 being in abundance, there's only a half hour slot on a monthly show at 4 in the morning dedicated to hardcore.

It's all well and good hardcore entering the charts - which would be all down to the hardcore following and AATW/Clubland girls, not new-comers to the music - but unless it gets some real exposure i doubt it will ever be played at a major festival like Glasto.
JamieLeeds Darren Styles did not sell out! We as hardcore lovers should be proud of this top DJ/Producer doing well in the UK charts.

I for one am anyway.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by JamieLeeds:
Darren Styles did not sell out! We as hardcore lovers should be proud of this top DJ/Producer doing well in the UK charts.

I for one am anyway.

me too. massive step for hardcore this
The Doc
quote:
Most Drum N Bass is good.

no its not? its just like hardcore! you here the odd amazing track and then listen to deja vu music all the time! but thats the same for all music! nobody gives a shit now, its all to try to get on the gravey train! and once there you stay! (a bit like football, films , tennis (well it is wimbledon) ,computer games, every bloody thing these days) its all the same old thing ALL the time! someone f**king surprise us please!

FingazMc
quote:
someone f**king surprise us please!

BOOBS

Did i supprise you? :P
Chris B
quote:
quote:
Most Drum N Bass is good.

no its not? its just like hardcore! you here the odd amazing track and then listen to deja vu music all the time! but thats the same for all music! nobody gives a shit now, its all to try to get on the gravey train! and once there you stay! (a bit like football, films , tennis (well it is wimbledon) ,computer games, every bloody thing these days) its all the same old thing ALL the time! someone f**king surprise us please!

Get yourself on msn sometime mate will send you some class dnb you'll love paul mate, no generic wobble shit absolute kick/break chaos.

Drum n bass is brilliant but yeah suffers from the same as uk hardcore as in ultra generic cheesy tunes and shit mc's
dj-freedom I dont often say this but Darren Styles is a Musical Genius. No other way to describe it.

In my opinion there are only a few real musical genius' in the world, ever such as Mr Styles, freddie mercury/queen and Mozart.
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by dj-freedom:
I dont often say this but Darren Styles is a Musical Genius. No other way to describe it.

In my opinion there are only a few real musical genius' in the world, ever such as Mr Styles, freddie mercury/queen and Mozart.

Wait, did you compare Darren Styles to Mozart? Seriously?
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by dj-freedom:
I dont often say this but Darren Styles is a Musical Genius. No other way to describe it.

arguable.
dj-freedom
[/quote]

Wait, did you compare Darren Styles to Mozart? Seriously?
[/quote]

No, i'm not comparing anybody, its just that the word "Genius" is used far to freely theese days and there are few people who qualify for this!!

Its only my opinion anyway!!

Even in this day and age, they still just call them djs or producers when in fact a hardcore "producer" is a composer, lyricist, musician, vocalist(sometimes) as well as being a record producer.

djbood If hardcore got a regular slot on radio 1, you would have even more dick heads complaining that it had got 2 commercial! some people you can never please..

Respect to darren styles for his achievement which he fully deserves. keep it cumin!!

It took 5.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page