Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 FAO Silver! can we please have!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
The Doc somewhere to post all these heres my track!, heres my album, heres my mix! place? because they seem to be saturating the hardcore "discussion" thread these days!
whispering Good idea.
Wilky It is a good idea as then they all in one place, easier to find when its my time of the month (to download)

you wil stil get them in the hardcore section tho off the members who only come on to advertise
Triquatra i think perhaps not an extra sub-cat, but just add it to the text of Music Production and Gear Talk,

perhaps the description of that could just read

"Music Production, Gear Talk, Mixes"

i mean, tracks should be going into music production sub-cat anyway right?
Meathead Good idea. Maybe a sub-catrgory for Mixes & Tunes like on USH. Makes it much easier to find for the people who want a mix or tune and theyre less likely to be overlooked than if they were in the Music Production & Gear Talk topic.
pinkdevil16 yea that sounds like a good idea
bulby_g Definitely a good idea. A seperate mixes and tunes section would be great.
NeXuS Agreed, this place is a tool for people trying to promote their music/mixes already. So lets help them make it a little easier and organized!
silver A "Promote your new tune / mix" forum section?

Hmmm good idea... now who wants to move all the existing ones into it :)

Anyone interesting in a forum mod position? We are trying to take on more.
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Anyone interesting in a forum mod position?

DjTriquatra and bulby_g would be great, if their up for it.

As far as the moving would go, ill do as much as i can.
silver Where do you draw the line on new releases for labels and artists? It has to be clear cut and not judgmental. All new clips for all new tracks and mixes get moved to the new section no matter who posts them?

If that were the case it would cut down on the "check out my new release" spam posts.
Triquatra *blushes*

i think the prospect of me become a mod would scare some people lol..

but i dont think i would turn it down if there is a position going, i have plenty of time for the forums nowadays... :)

i would also be happy to move all the mixes and track threads as well, im ocd when it comes to organisation :P
bulby_g
quote:
Where do you draw the line on new releases for labels and artists? It has to be clear cut and not judgmental. All new clips for all new tracks and mixes get moved to the new section no matter who posts them?

If that were the case it would cut down on the "check out my new release" spam posts.

I think everything should go in there regardless of how established the artist is.

I'd be happy to do some mod' work, I'm on the site enough!
Wilky Im up 4 bein a mod
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Where do you draw the line on new releases for labels and artists? It has to be clear cut and not judgmental. All new clips for all new tracks and mixes get moved to the new section no matter who posts them?

I think everything should go in there regardless of how established the artist is.

This. No preferential treatment for anyone, ill always be checking the new section so wont miss anything.

I'd be up for being a mod but i dont think id be able to handle the extra power and will insist on flexing my new-found modding muscles and abuse my authority

Im sure Bulby or Triquatra would make good mods, im gonna sit on the fence and vote for both of them.
Triquatra i think 95_was_the_time would be the perfect mod ;)
Wilky Im always online so would always check the new section and keep it clean
Triquatra on that note: whatever happened to underloop????

whispering
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
on that note: whatever happened to underloop????

AFAIK Hes been busy with various things. He still posts every now and then though.
Wilky When we gettin the new section silver?
latininxtc
quote:
i think 95_was_the_time would be the perfect mod ;)

dear god that would b frightening. that's just as bad as getting that HardcoreTillIDie guy 2 b a mod.

i'd like 2 b a mod! well maybe
Triquatra i think it would be nice to have a sticky in that sub-cat that had some sort of template that people could copy and paste

Artist:
Title:
Year:
Length:
Size (MB):
Style:

or for a mix

DJ:
Length:
Size (MB):
Genres:
Equipment Used:

this is mainly because im whining and moaning about people not posting what they mixed their mixes on...
personally i like to know before hand, so when im listening i can say to myself - hey, this person is rather good on turntables/CD Decks

if you're using a computer to do your mixes, you shouldnt be ashamed - i would say at least 80% of the mixes ive downloaded off here have been done on the computer lol
but at least have the balls to admit it upfront! :P
Future_Shock
quote:
A "Promote your new tune / mix" forum section?

I'd do it
Wilky
quote:
i think it would be nice to have a sticky in that sub-cat that had some sort of template that people could copy and paste

Artist:
Title:
Year:
Length:
Size (MB):
Style:

or for a mix

DJ:
Length:
Size (MB):
Genres:
Equipment Used:

this is mainly because im whining and moaning about people not posting what they mixed their mixes on...
personally i like to know before hand, so when im listening i can say to myself - hey, this person is rather good on turntables/CD Decks

if you're using a computer to do your mixes, you shouldnt be ashamed - i would say at least 80% of the mixes ive downloaded off here have been done on the computer lol

Good idea. Also all links should have a mirror link. I do a lot of downloading on my fone and can only use sites like speedyshare and yousendit
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
i think it would be nice to have a sticky in that sub-cat that had some sort of template that people could copy and paste

Artist:
Title:
Year:
Length:
Size (MB):
Style:

or for a mix

DJ:
Length:
Size (MB):
Genres:
Equipment Used:

Good idea. Also all links should have a mirror link. I do a lot of downloading on my fone and can only use sites like speedyshare and yousendit

That's just a pain in the arse for the person uploading then (the mirror thing). Good idea with the template Triquatra, its just a case of using it then. But too many rules and regulations may put people off uploading mixes. All id like for someone to do when they upload a mix is to explain what kind of music it is a little. I cant be bothered downloading any more Raverbaby / Quosh showcase mixes, so would like to know what im getting before wasting half an hour or so to download the bloomin thing.
Triquatra tis my point as well meathead

although i will download anybody's mix that puts it up here (the more i can get the better as they get listened all the way through whilst im working!)
its still nice to know just what your getting
not someone trying to pass off computer mixing as vinyl mixing

or even just knowing the styles like you said there :)
Underloop
quote:
on that note: whatever happened to underloop????

I'm still around..... kind of. Got alot of things going on and I'm struggling to find time for anything related to me at the moment.

Still love all you guys though and I'll be back as soon as I can - sorry!

Triq gets my approval!
atomsk well i know im a noob still, but i could help.... i could help keeping everything clean, and i could up stuff on some mirrors (sendspace and others)
but i suck at the styles thing dont know them that good yet, but im on most of the time, cuz i dont have school for a while... if you want some help i could do some =]

edit: also ill down peoples mix's/song's to see if they are good or not, cuz i have pretty nice internet speeds and got alot of space

edit 2: also triquatra get my vote too, but i can still help out lol
Triquatra well good to see you're still alive underloop, least you know we're thinkin of you ;)
and thankyou for the vote of confidence hehe
SixFeet
quote:
i think 95_was_the_time would be the perfect mod ;)

Him and that troll that masquerades as the fat lass posting nudies aswell. Top mod combo.
silver Besides mods we are looking for:

1. News reporter (digital release news)
2. Event mods

Both positions take around 1 hour of your time a week.
silver New area is in!
whispering
quote:
New area is in!

Looks good :) Do you think we should go through the whole forum and move every topic or just say the ones from past 6 months?
silver
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
New area is in!

Looks good :) Do you think we should go through the whole forum and move every topic or just say the ones from past 6 months?

I just did the first 5 pages in hardcore, if you want to do some more that would be cool, we can't really go back 10 years in the forums, unless you have that sort of time :)
FingazMc Sweet i dont have to trawl through for mixes to practice to anymore :)
Great new area :)
bulby_g Nice one. 8-)
Meathead Excellent this Silver. Needed something like this for a while now.
Wilky Bangin. Do we have any new mods?
pinkdevil16 yeah 10 times beta :)
Meathead
quote:
Bangin. Do we have any new mods?

Triquatra.

Doing a good job so far n all ;)
Rayovac Woo, thanks Silver. :)

quote:
Bangin. Do we have any new mods?

Yep, Mr. Triquatra. He is now a grey-star.
The Doc OMG! totally forgot I posted this suggestion! And its nice to see it up and running. I wouldn't mind being a Mod, but I like to post threads all the time to get the members to discuss things! especially on quiet weeks.
kathryn
quote:
A "Promote your new tune / mix" forum section?

my hubby would be up for it Silver he has mentioned it to you before
atomsk 2 year bump?
..Wow I've been here for two years... Man.. Time flys...

It took 2.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page