Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Wanna sound like Breeze & Styles?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
acidfluxxbass good sense of humour, Silver!

Meathead Butz i wanna mke wcked beatz lyk stylz n breez! Wherz da stylz n breez chopper vst?
TheOneNOnly And on another note:

The picture is creepy as hell.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
good sense of humour, Silver!

huh?
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by TheOneNOnly:
And on another note:

The picture is creepy as hell.

Breeze uses it everywhere. I think he has an unhealthy attacthment to it
Smoogie If I wanted to make dated sounding Hardcore from 2005 then why not? But I chose to listen to real Hardcore from the 90s which although is even more 'dated' it is real Hardcore!

*listens to an Old Skool mix which is ripped from a 90s tape*
Project-Industrial
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
good sense of humour, Silver!

huh?

index page silver :P the headline u gave to the news article
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
If I wanted to make dated sounding Hardcore from 2005 then why not?

Why do that when you can make dated posts instead.....
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:

no but, he's right....

most hardcore is far more sophistacted than breeze...
MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:
quote:

no but, he's right....

most hardcore is far more sophistacted than breeze...

Judging by the tastes he expresses with the numerous videos he posted and keeps posting, Smoogie definitely isn't after sophistication in his Hardcore.

As for myself, if I feel like listening to sophisticated music, I don't think I'll be listening to Hardcore either. To each his own I guess, but I like Breeze's banging beats!

We already see a lot of producers trying so hard to achieve Breeze's clean and powerful production style, I guess this will help them? :P I don't really care though, since the real artists out there define themselves with their own style.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
Judging by the tastes he expresses with the numerous videos he posted and keeps posting, Smoogie definitely isn't after sophistication in his Hardcore.

As for myself, if I feel like listening to sophisticated music, I don't think I'll be listening to Hardcore either. To each his own I guess, but I like Breeze's banging beats!

We already see a lot of producers trying so hard to achieve Breeze's clean and powerful production style, I guess this will help them? :P I don't really care though, since the real artists out there define themselves with their own style.

Whats wrong with the tunes I like?
acidfluxxbass Well, Breeze, nor Styles for that matter really go the extra distance to add some great effects to their tunes... Producers like the ones featured on HU4 will create euphoric breakdowns and add all sorts of samples and atmospheric effects to their music, to make it sound better...

All I hear in style's or breeze's stuff is a kick drum, other percussions, a bassline and a melody..

I want to compare these two tracks: Darwin - Electric Pulsedrive (as featured on Crush On Hardcore) VS Darren Styles - Sorry
VERSUS

or maybe...

Hattrixx Mertype - Lifetime Of Wickedness VS Re-Con - The Power
VERSUS

or Al storm vs Bang! - Flowers needs the rain VS Styles - Flashlight
VERSUS

To me, it sounds like the more underground artists have spent hours more int he studio working on their tracks...

It takes a brave person to try and defend this point, imo...

MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:

Nothing! I don't think simplicity is wrong in any way, and those terrordome style tracks sure are nothing too sophisticated. If it hits the spot, all the better!

As for acidfluxxbass, I understand what you mean, but I like all the tracks you just used as examples, so I don't see the point in comparing them. I agree that some tracks are way more elaborate than others, but it doesn't necessarily makes them better either. It definitely helps, but a good, catchy, yet simple melody can work magic too.

I usually like very melodic-oriented music... For example, even a terribly intricate and elaborate Finnish Freeform track probably won't do anything for me if the chord progressions and the melody aren't the main focus.

All that many hours in the studio surely aren't that necessary if the gift of the musician lies in it's writing skills. Some artists are great engineers and can do magic with their equipments, whilst others seem to have far more talent for inventing uplifting and euphoric melodies, like Breeze & Styles!

I guess it's good that some people can have access to sample-packs like the one we're on about, but it won't give anybody the writing skills necessary to come up with an anthem.
Dain-Ja
quote:
quote:
quote:

I usually like very melodic-oriented music... For example, even a terribly intricate and elaborate Finnish Freeform track probably won't do anything for me if the chord progressions and the melody aren't the main focus.

All that many hours in the studio surely aren't that necessary if the gift of the musician lies in it's writing skills. Some artists are great engineers and can do magic with their equipments, whilst others seem to have far more talent for inventing uplifting and euphoric melodies, like Breeze & Styles!

Exactly.
And acidfluxxbass' post is funny. The first Darwin track he posted actually reminds me of the Breeze & Styles sound of 2004.

Styles and Breeze use pretty much all the same effects as 'underground' artists like Darwin, they just do it more subtly. You'd be surprised how 'produced' their tunes really are.

It's a very "newbie" producer thing to have very obvious effects and excessive complexity. They key is to have complex music that seems simple (and is therefore catchy).

And before you rip on my post, Darwin is probably my favourite producer.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly.
And acidfluxxbass' post is funny. The first Darwin track he posted actually reminds me of the Breeze & Styles sound of 2004.

Styles and Breeze use pretty much all the same effects as 'underground' artists like Darwin, they just do it more subtly. You'd be surprised how 'produced' their tunes really are.

It's a very "newbie" producer thing to have very obvious effects and excessive complexity. They key is to have complex music that seems simple (and is therefore catchy).

And before you rip on my post, Darwin is probably my favourite producer.

so your saying that Darren Styles - sorry is as complex as Darwin - Electric Pulsedrive .... =|
Leto No, he's saying that overt complexity does not necessarily correlate with hours in the studio. He is rightly stating that there is a lot more than one can easily hear that goes into making a solid, "minimal" track.
acidfluxxbass well, in that case I can only defend my tastes... I generally prefer music with more happening and more atmosphere than simplicity..
silver I don't think you should comment on a sample pack if you are not a producer:p
Meathead Back to the sample pack then. Who's willing to bet it's nothing but VEC samples renamed and in a different "Styles & Breeze Extreme Hardcore" packaging?
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Back to the sample pack then. Who's willing to bet it's nothing but VEC samples renamed and in a different "Styles & Breeze Extreme Hardcore" packaging?

£10er
Trimms I guarantee its worth pirating at the least... who doesn't want to add tools to their toolbox? It's called audio editing, and I'm sure these are some fine samples. You're only limiting yourself by not at the least previewing it.
Also it is okay to defend your tastes but to laugh at this sample pack before you have even looked into it is just silly. These guys know what they're doing, or they wouldn't be famous. It is okay to be famous in this genre, did you know that? Even if the fame reaches outside of internet message boards, that's okay too!
Dain-Ja
quote:
Back to the sample pack then. Who's willing to bet it's nothing but VEC samples renamed and in a different "Styles & Breeze Extreme Hardcore" packaging?

Based on the samples I heard, it's a pretty weak pack... But I'm sure there's some gold in it.

CiALiN
quote:
quote:

Based on the samples I heard, it's a pretty weak pack... But I'm sure there's some gold in it.

i agree there always will be something useful...maybe some nice shhhhhhhhnnnnares

Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

Depends entirely on the producer. Samples alone have nothing intrinsic about them that can make them either be good or bad samples, it's purely what can be done with them.
Jackol In response to the thread title,
NO
Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Depends entirely on the producer. Samples alone have nothing intrinsic about them that can make them either be good or bad samples, it's purely what can be done with them.

Actually, yeah there is plenty that can be bad: noisy, overcompressed, badly EQ'd, big reverb tail, layered with random sounds, etc.
Triquatra that could be the "sample" your after!

..specially if you were making some glitch or somthing..

personally
"noisy_overcompressed_badly_EQd_big_reverb_tail_layered_with_random_sounds.wav" is one of my favorite samples to use in some of my more obscure ambient tracks..
though i tend to place some more reverb on it and lower its volume, the sound of dieing chicken tends to be a little obtruse..

*additition*
in answer to the topic title, "no thankyou, unless we're talkin pre-2000 :P"
Smoogie Simple is good...

Now what sounds more like Hardcore & more like club tunes?

Most Upfront Uk Hardcore soundes dated and same as 2005 anyway, so there is no 'new' style of Hardcore. Might as well all listen to Old Skool anyway!
Meathead Is there an ignore feature on this forum?
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Actually, yeah there is plenty that can be bad: noisy, overcompressed, badly EQ'd, big reverb tail, layered with random sounds, etc.

It might not be ideal but it's not going to limit someone that actually has skill.
MAtRiCks
quote:
Most Upfront Uk Hardcore soundes dated and same as 2005 anyway, so there is no 'new' style of Hardcore. Might as well all listen to Old Skool anyway!

You and your obsession with 2005! So random.
Shades
quote:
Is there an ignore feature on this forum?

LMFAO

+ REP ( oooops wrong forum lol )
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Shades_of_Grey:
quote:
Is there an ignore feature on this forum?

LMFAO

+ REP ( oooops wrong forum lol )

+rep? int that filefront?
Trimms lol @ ignore bit.
Shades
quote:

*whispers HardcoreProducer.org*

Meathead
quote:
quote:

Sh!!! The first rule of HP is we don't talk about HP!!! :p
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:
quote:

wow! im totally signing up and never coming back!
caio!!
Meathead
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wow! im totally signing up and never coming back!
caio!!

Now look what you've done shades!!! ;)

It took 2.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page