Total online 1593
 Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Addiction 5 - Cotts & Ravine: Order now!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Hardcore Addiction is back baby! Volume 5!

The biggest (uk / happy) hardcore DJ's on the internet! Hot off their Hardcore Addiction US tour Aussie DJ's Cotts & Ravine have put together and mixed some of their favorite tunes on this fully licensed new release in the series!

If you've purchased previous volumes we haven't skimped, the DJ mixes and Ravine's scratching is pure ear candy that will have jumping around the room, the artwork is amazing, the CD is specially sealed and includes a double sided artwork Japanese Obi (spine card).

The price is still the same as previous volumes and as per usual we have made discounted bundle packs incase you've been waiting to pick up the series!

All prices INCLUDE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!

Check out the artwork and tracklist below, the pre-order page is up now and we'll be shipping in Oct 2011!

Head over now to pre-order:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/ha/

Tracklist:
DJ's Cotts & Ravine
1. SPIT - Dial again
2. DJ Shimamura - Tokyo hardcore music all night long
3. Al Storm - Shadows (DJ Seduction remix)
4. DJ Bishop - Darkest knight
5. SPIT - Spit rock 2011
6. Steven Davidson - Killa
7. JTS ft. Lisa Marie - I told you
8. Sam B - Let's go
9. Orbit1 - Orbit 2000
10. Peaks & Pinnacle - Techno club
11. SPIT - What you think
12. Tom Revolution and Sc@r - Into the night
13. Al Storm & Euphony ft Donna Marie - Runaway (Mike Modulate remix)
14. Douglas - Send me (Stabilize remix)
15. Scott and Douglas - Naked Angel (Rave mix)
16. Audien & Naggy - I'm Back
17. Little Fella - Start The Party (A.B's Electro Boom Remix)
18. Andy Dee Vs Sc@r - Give It Up
19. PARANOiD DJ - Fish Sticks
20. Inverse & Orbit1 - Lethal Industry
21. Nick Fluid - Sock It To Me
22. JAKAZiD - Hear The Crowd Go
23. Uplift & Sc@r - Your Destiny
24. S3RL - Bass Slut
25. Firefly - Sunflower (Sam B Remix)

Hardcore Addiction 5 - Mixed by Cotts & Ravine!
Be Happy Looks Great!
acidfluxxbass This album took me by surprise! Didnt have a chance to get tissue!

On a serious note, the tracklist looks very strong.

Although, how many new and exclusive unheard tracks are there? There are a fair few tracks released last year or used on other albums.
latininxtc ooh there's a bundle for 2-5 awesome! I'm curious about the pricing of the bundles tho why are the 2 3-album bundles different prices?
Warnman A must have for me.
BloodSpiller nice! :D I just ordered the whole collection. I love Hardcore Addiction 3!
The Doc The discounted bundles don't seem to have much discount! bit steep for me I'm afraid!
meran05 For 2+3+4+5 it still works at 12 each!

No Discount there. Still the C.D looks promising :)
cruelcore1 Holy crap! Finally! :D
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by meran05:
For 2+3+4+5 it still works at 12 each!

No Discount there. Still the C.D looks promising :)

Should be some form of economies of scale.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

Tracklist:

1. SPIT - Dial again

http://soundcloud.com/djshimamura/dj-shimamura-tokyo-hardcore-music-all-night-long

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/2839645.html

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/2637763.html

5. SPIT - Spit rock 2011

http://soundcloud.com/spitdj/spit-production-showcase-2011 4MINS onwards

http://soundcloud.com/stevendavidson/killa

8. Sam B - Let's go

http://www.hardbeatsdownload.com/products.php?product_id=13226

9. Orbit1 - Orbit 2000

http://soundcloud.com/gregpeaksdj/peaksandpinnacle-technoclub

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/3044679.html

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/3175830.html

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/1899267.html

30 MINS into the mix

http://soundcloud.com/rebuild_music/little-fella-start-the-party-remix

http://soundcloud.com/jakazid/joshka-hear-the-crowd-go

http://soundcloud.com/rawelements/uplift-sc-r-your-destiny

24. S3RL - Bass Slut

cruelcore1 By the samples this one seems to be the best so far. Im ordering it as soon as I can.
djDMS Nice work with the links Olly, almost makes me want to buy the album.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Nice work with the links Olly, almost makes me want to buy the album.

"Almost"? lol
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
quote:

"Almost"? lol

I wouldnt buy it either. Overpriced and frankly no point. Just go on youtube and watch any other Cotts and Ravine mix and it will will be pretty much identical.
silver acidfluxxbass: Thanks for your support, you are supporting hardcore labels and artists by buying the album. The album isn't overpriced, the price is the same as previous volumes and there is a discount if you buy it in bundles, but due to the US economy tanking the the earthquake / tsunami combo in Japan the exchange rate is different to what it was last year.

Please remember the price INCLUDES worldwide shipping!
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
quote:

"Almost"? lol

I wouldnt buy it either. Overpriced and frankly no point. Just go on youtube and watch any other Cotts and Ravine mix and it will will be pretty much identical.

Well I know albums (such as Hime Trance) that cost over 20$ (24.58$). This one costs only 21$ and we even wont be obligated to pay separately for the shipping.
djDMS I don't think it's fair to criticise anybody for not buying the album. I'm not going to buy it for a couple of reasons - and while the price might be a minor factor it wouldn't stop me buying it if i really wanted to. I spend a shitload of money on music (including a fair few things i later regret wasting my money on) as many others do so i don't think not buying this CD makes people guilty of not supporting the scene.
Triquatra in Acid's defence..I dont think he was saying overrpiced compared to other Hardcore Addictions - I think he meant compared to other cds on the market
like compared to hardcore underground, which is like 8.99 for 4 cds!

*edit, i meant acid
cruelcore1
quote:
I don't think it's fair to criticise anybody for not buying the album. I'm not going to buy it for a couple of reasons - and while the price might be a minor factor it wouldn't stop me buying it if i really wanted to. I spend a shitload of money on music (including a fair few things i later regret wasting my money on) as many others do so i don't think not buying this CD makes people guilty of not supporting the scene.

I did not want to criticize anyone or make someone feel guilty. I was just a bit curious, and I found the "almost makes me want to buy the album" expression a little bit funny. My intention was never making people buy the album. Hardcore has many styles - same way I wouldn't plan to buy Hardcore Addiction 5 if it was mixed by Mob (he's great but it's not enough of my style).

quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
in DMS's defence..I dont think he was saying overrpiced compared to other Hardcore Addictions - I think he meant compared to other cds on the market
like compared to hardcore underground, which is like 8.99 for 4 cds!

Well those stuff vary. Price of this one is nothing really to criticize so much because there r much more expensive yet worse albums. IMO if you like the album, you should buy it. But if u dont, then don't buy it.

EDIT: Also depends about how much u like it. U shouldnt spend much money if u dont like the album enough.
Triquatra meh, I'm not critising the price at all, if people want the music and are willing to pay it - go for it..I'm just stating that in Acids defence, compared to english prices where compilations are practically never just 1 cd and are more often than not, under 10GBP, he has a fair point.

guessing its different in croatia? :P

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:Price of this one is nothing really to criticize so much because there r much more expensive yet worse albums. IMO if you like the album, you should buy it. But if u dont, then don't buy it.

Totally agree. If i really wanted it, price wouldn't come into it. And i didn't actually mention price, acidfluffface did! Didn't get why Silver would see not buying the CD as not supporting the scene. My main reason for not buying it - I already own or could buy, or simply don't want a lot of the tracks. Simple as that! If you like to buy compilations, lovely, fill your boots. If, like me, you buy stuff unmixed or compilations packed with unreleased tunes, it's not so appealing.
cruelcore1
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:Price of this one is nothing really to criticize so much because there r much more expensive yet worse albums. IMO if you like the album, you should buy it. But if u dont, then don't buy it.

Totally agree. If i really wanted it, price wouldn't come into it. And i didn't actually mention price, acidfluffface did! Didn't get why Silver would see not buying the CD as not supporting the scene. My main reason for not buying it - I already own or could buy, or simply don't want a lot of the tracks. Simple as that! If you like to buy compilations, lovely, fill your boots. If, like me, you buy stuff unmixed or compilations packed with unreleased tunes, it's not so appealing.

About price, I was actually referring to the archeflux's comment.

According to what u already said earlier, ure promoting the scene more than enough:
quote:
I spend a shitload of money on music (including a fair few things i later regret wasting my money on)

Low number of people nowadays spend any money on music. Not that they're all capable of it, but some of them just don't WANT to do it.
Triquatra in that case i was "defending" acidfluxx lol

talking of supporting the scene and artists - seeing as the vast major majority of artists release via Mp3 wouldn't the best way to help all these artists and support the scene be to promote digital releases on the homepage?
djDMS Ah, but some releases are obviously more worth promoting than others!
Samination tbh, Postage should be definied by weight/package, not per CD, which seems step for buying the 4+5 collection.

You should just use Yen to be honest, Paypal does the conversion... usually.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
in that case i was "defending" acidfluxx lol

Yeah the CD overpriced compared to CD's with as many tracks that are unmixed also.

Thats my stance on it, really. The tracklist looks nice, but contains some rather old tracks from 2010. Silver has stated that its not an upfront and completely new and exclusive mix, and that being the case I'll settle for spending 0 on a mix on soundcloud or something. Sorry that I'm not supporting a HHC.com project or anything.
Samination well, Hardcore doesnt sell as much as bigger artist, but they still want the same money :)

supply & demand. If there's no demand, then you're screwed
silver The album is what it is, a good mix targeted to people that like the music, if cotts & ravine are not your thing then all good, there are other things on the market you might like.

I've heard the mix and it's banging. Like all things, you lot like to moan :) I would think releasing something over nothing (or leaving the scene) is a good thing :)

There is also this weird mantra in hardcore that a never heard before track is somehow better than a track that is proved to be good or is good in general. I've even heard producers tell me that they no longer want to put their new tracks on soundcloud because people moan that a track is old if they have heard even a clip of it a few months before.
silver Kind of funny but the paypal order form no longer defaults to Japanese.... it was freaking people out... Paypal used to IP detect I guess they don't do that anymore... anyway it's defaulting to english now :)
cruelcore1
quote:
Kind of funny but the paypal order form no longer defaults to Japanese.... it was freaking people out... Paypal used to IP detect I guess they don't do that anymore... anyway it's defaulting to english now :)

Ouch. It's not easy for a Japanese to learn English as they have 0% same origins. However, itjust might be a non-perfect protocol. They always track IP no matter what, for security purposes.
GrahamC I'm being charged 14.85 by Paypal??

Thats almost 3 over what you are advertising it at...
Rookie1992 looks amazing got them all and loved them all from day 1! will be sure to invest in this for sure!!!!!
silver Pre-orders doing well, baring any issues with the shipment we will be sending out pre-orders next week!

DJ Immenze Sweet! I might buy them all :)
silver Phew... pre-orders shipped today!
piumaki Cant wait to get it! ^_^
cruelcore1 Just ordered =)
piumaki I ve received my copy right now!
Warnman Payday! Get prepared for my order during the next days.
Killam3nac3 Bought the whole collection. They sound freaking awesome! Specifically Cotts and Ravine. I don't know why these albums aren't sold in places like JB Hi-Fi, Sanity and other music/retail stores!
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Killam3nac3:
Bought the whole collection. They sound freaking awesome! Specifically Cotts and Ravine. I don't know why these albums aren't sold in places like JB Hi-Fi, Sanity and other music/retail stores!

Thanks for the support! Regarding your question, we would need a distributor in Australia, we don't have one in Australia.
Killam3nac3 Should definitely go for a search. I'm sure it'd be a good investment.
piumaki
quote:
Should definitely go for a search. I'm sure it'd be a good investment.

yes it is imo!
silver
quote:
Should definitely go for a search. I'm sure it'd be a good investment.

I actually emailed two distributors in Australia but they never got back to me... I'll keep plugging at it.
Killam3nac3 Awesome! Would help me refer my mates to the Happy Hardcore genre.
carldj90 Great DJs. I would say Cotts & Ravine is why I started DJing in the first place. As well as this site in general for showing me them all the years back.
Anyway, I was ready to order the 1+2+3+4 deal for $60. That deal is now $90...$30 for one more CD.
I'm sorry Silver I'd love to own this collection (hopefully someday), but not anytime soon unless that price drops to at least $70 or maybe the $60 deal for 1+2+3+4. :D
silver US economy, all the traders are buying Japanese Yen and driving the price of it up... it used to be like 100yen = 1 dollar now it is like 76yen = 1 dollar... Obama or Bush or Wall street or something like that is too blame.
cruelcore1 Sorry, I missed this 1.

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
guessing its different in croatia? :P

Definitely. There's NO Hardcore in Croatia. Only some rare Gabber. XD
don_simon3000 hmmm...is this true that hardcore addiction 5 is only 12gbp and shipping worldwide is included? have to say thats a good price and i am about to order. any of the older hardcore addiction volumes one must consider a must-buy? (and please dont come with answers like "they are all good"). ;)
Samination well i've bought a few tracks that was released as singles, so I cant say much about the albums themselfs
silver
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
hmmm...is this true that hardcore addiction 5 is only 12gbp and shipping worldwide is included? have to say thats a good price and i am about to order. any of the older hardcore addiction volumes one must consider a must-buy? (and please dont come with answers like "they are all good"). ;)

Let me the music do the talking

Although not much music :)
Full_On_Media
quote:
Hardcore Addiction is back baby! Volume 5!

The biggest (uk / happy) hardcore DJ's on the internet! Hot off their Hardcore Addiction US tour Aussie DJ's Cotts & Ravine have put together and mixed some of their favorite tunes on this fully licensed new release in the series!

If you've purchased previous volumes we haven't skimped, the DJ mixes and Ravine's scratching is pure ear candy that will have jumping around the room, the artwork is amazing, the CD is specially sealed and includes a double sided artwork Japanese Obi (spine card).

The price is still the same as previous volumes and as per usual we have made discounted bundle packs incase you've been waiting to pick up the series!

All prices INCLUDE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!

Check out the artwork and tracklist below, the pre-order page is up now and we'll be shipping in Oct 2011!

Head over now to pre-order:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/ha/

Tracklist:
DJ's Cotts & Ravine
1. SPIT - Dial again
5. SPIT - Spit rock 2011
8. Sam B - Let's go
9. Orbit1 - Orbit 2000
24. S3RL - Bass Slut

Hardcore Addiction 5 - Mixed by Cotts & Ravine!

Wish you guys the best of luck with this, it looks and sounds fantastic, great work :)
Warnman Late reply, but yeah this CD kicks asses. A lot of great choons.

DJ Bishop - Darkest knight
Andy Dee Vs Sc@r - Give It Up
Douglas - Send me (Stabilize remix)
Scott and Douglas - Naked Angel (Rave mix)
Andy Dee Vs Sc@r - Give It Up

are my most favorite ones.

To my opinion a new Silver mix for the next release would be kind of awesome. It's not that I dislike Ravine & Cotts, but a lot of time has passed since I've heard the last one.
djflammy gogo
lewiscanon I think the pricing is fair I will save up next year ti buying all the albums ti fill up a space in ma shelf :P Nice collection aff tunes
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by lewiscanon:
I think the pricing is fair I will save up next year ti buying all the albums ti fill up a space in ma shelf :P Nice collection aff tunes

I bought all 6 albums from DJJ Silver in one go, definitely well worth it!!

It took 3.16 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page