Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Raver Baby MP3s

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Samination
quote:
Craig Switchback Cairney posted to Hixxy

When the Raverbaby/UK Dance digitals go up, is there anyway of getting some of the older Essential Platinum bits on MP3? Either from the original label, or the 97-99 NEP series.

quote:
Hixxy
yeah 100%, not all but most will be - sadly some masters literally went up in smoke back in the day

Supposedly a few new Raver Baby's will be out on digital this year, but supposedly most of RB will be out in January. Hopefully I/we wont have to wait long for the rest :)
d2kx Yeah, the new releases are coming out on a new "HTID" label until Raver Baby is 100% sorted. The first release is "Hixxy - Sora Blue" which was originally scheduled for today, and now will be out at some point before next tuesday.
_Jay_ On what site/platform will this be happening on?
d2kx HTID: 2 weeks exclusive on TrackItDown, then globally on all major sites including iTunes.

Raver Baby back catalogue: global rollout from the start.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
HTID: 2 weeks exclusive on TrackItDown, then globally on all major sites including iTunes.

we've only been waiting since 2005... thats one hell of a breathe to hold
NekoShuffle Happy about this and the new HTID digital label....well I'd say I'm more anticipating of the HTID digital, I hope it's good. I wish the Clubland CDs/Artists/etc took care of the electro-y dubstep sound while the HTID label was strictly for the vocal anthems; get all the guys who haven't done much electro-y stuff like Sy & Unknown, Technikore etc. on the HTID digital and then have the electro/dubstep tracks on stuff like AATW, Futureworld etc. That way everyone is happy and if any of the big names get shit for their electro-y stuff they can just politely direct the person to HTID where they may find stuff they like better.

I wonder if the Jelly Baby stuff will be on this as well..
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:

I wonder if the Jelly Baby stuff will be on this as well..

That's my main concern right there!
wong lookin forward to the raverbaby backlog more than anything, altho hixxy is still capable of great music so hopefully good things in the future
wong
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
HTID: 2 weeks exclusive on TrackItDown, then globally on all major sites including iTunes.

gonna miss ur top tier thread, never posted in it but checked it out everyday.
technodup Is this the new RaverBaby/Top Tier arselicking thread?

Tell me it's not gone forever.
wong might aswell be. sticky please
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by technodup:
Is this the new RaverBaby/Top Tier arselicking thread?

Tell me it's not gone forever.

it's here for you ushers :P
Claxton d2kx, you must create a new top tier thread, Well worth the daily check up.

Ps. There's just no getting away from Technodup....
_Jay_ More info for those interested:

Hixxy: Finally sora blue is ready for release HTID 001 available exclusively through trackitdown.net - it should be up within a few days, maybe even sooner.
djDMS Can't bring myself to be interested to be honest. Might pick up a bit when i see stuff actually on sale.
Vladel Bought it already! really liking this one :)
Samination Bloody hell, that didn't take... like 7 years? =P
_Jay_ Here it is, for those that haven't found it yet. Exclusive to TrackItDown for a while:

http://www.trackitdown.net/track/hixxy/sora-blue/hardcore/3876682.html

So, let me get this straight. HTID is a new, digital label that is essentially Raver Baby material from now onwards? And then, over the next whatever period, the Raver Baby back catalog will be uploaded, under the Raver Baby label?
NekoShuffle Not a bad tune! I saw this on the Hardcore Heaven awards for best track but hadn't actually heard it. I would have voted for it but I didn't vote in the awards at all because I didn't know the hard techno scene well enough to cast a vote (which was mandatory). "Sora Blue" though..I wonder if Hixxy has been checking out the J-Core scene at all.
Cubeforce @Nekoshuffle: I doubt he's heard a single minute of it this year.

And lol @ paying 1.99 for one track, I'll wait for them to appear on Amazon for 0.79
Vladel It's worth paying 1.99 for a track if it's good enough to be honest and i think Sora blue is worth it.
latininxtc Even though it's at exclusive pricing right now, I think with a TID pro account you can get it for .79 for 320mp3 or .99 for WAV still
d2kx
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
It's worth paying 1.99 for a track if it's good enough to be honest and i think Sora blue is worth it.

This :-)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Even though it's at exclusive pricing right now, I think with a TID pro account you can get it for .79 for 320mp3 or .99 for WAV still

I've never looked into this TID Pro thing. What's the deal?
Anderjuk2002
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I've never looked into this TID Pro thing. What's the deal?

10 a month and you get all WAV's for 99p or 320kbps MP3 for 79p.

handy if you buy a lot of stuff!
Claxton Sora Blue is a superb track.. Bought it today and had a quick mix... Love it!!!
SpiritWolf Am I the only one that liked the old lead better on sora blue? Now it just seems too...dry.
Vladel listened to it a few times now and it's growing on me pretty strong.
dj switchback The first HTID release is brilliant. Yes, it's taken a while but it's a great way to kick off the label.

Really looking forward to getting some of the older Raverbaby tracks (2001-2002 era) and of course, the UK Dance back cat.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
The first HTID release is brilliant. Yes, it's taken a while but it's a great way to kick off the label.

Really looking forward to getting some of the older Raverbaby tracks (2001-2002 era) and of course, the UK Dance back cat.

or Essential Platinum backcat!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
The first HTID release is brilliant. Yes, it's taken a while but it's a great way to kick off the label.

yea they need to release those. and just in case a few of y'all are confused (I'm sure that Samination means the same ones too) I mean the original Essential Platinum, New Essential Platinum, and Mental Platinum.
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

yea they need to release those. and just in case a few of y'all are confused (I'm sure that Samination means the same ones too) I mean the original Essential Platinum, New Essential Platinum, and Mental Platinum.

Obviously, I wasn't thinking of Essential Platinum 2002!
dj switchback Yes, it'll be good indeed to get those tracks. I'll be spending a good few when they do go online.
latininxtc
quote:
Yes, it'll be good indeed to get those tracks. I'll be spending a good few when they do go online.

has he actually said that the old EP tracks are available? I know Raver Baby back cat. for sure, but not sure about old EP labels, as well as Jelly Baby. I sure do hope so, there's plenty of great stuff from that era coming from those labels.
_Jay_
quote:
has he actually said that the old EP tracks are available? I know Raver Baby back cat. for sure, but not sure about old EP labels, as well as Jelly Baby. I sure do hope so, there's plenty of great stuff from that era coming from those labels.

I have literally no idea about this era of Hardcore. You lot are gonna have to educate me.
djDMS
quote:
quote:

I have literally no idea about this era of Hardcore. You lot are gonna have to educate me.

Oh mate, i could teach you a few things!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Oh mate, i could teach you a few things!

Best offer I've had all week!

Been a slow a week.....
djDMS
quote:
Been a slow a week.....

Never knew you were Italian
_Jay_
quote:

LOL. That a had me in a pieces!
latininxtc Jelly Baby was a sublabel of Raver Baby that had only 10 vinyl release, but had a few good tracks. Here's one of my personal favorites:

Another one I couldn't find a video for it, but it's Don't Want You by Breeze & Styles

Essential Platinum is the beginning of the EP label, originally run by Dougal & Hixxy. Not sure what the reasoning for launching a New Essential Platinum was for. Both Hixxy & Dougal owned the New EP, so it isn't because of new ownership. If someone knows let us know. And Mental Platinum is a sublabel of the first EP label, and from hearing a few tracks it has a Dutch Hardcore sound.

Tracks from Essential Platinum:

Tracks from New Essential Platinum

Tracks from Mental Platinum:

This is just to get you an idea of what type of stuff was released from these labels. Some of these are personal favorites.

piumaki
quote:
quote:

LOL. That a had me in a pieces!

I m italian for real and i ll take advantage of this "historical" lesson too!

silver If I remember correctly alot of labels started "new" when a certain distributor suddenly lay claim to all the record label names. DJ's just started a "new" record label.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
If I remember correctly alot of labels started "new" when a certain distributor suddenly lay claim to all the record label names. DJ's just started a "new" record label.

That's messed up. I'm sure there are legal actions that label owners could have taken to lay rightful claim to their own label names, but I guess that was too costly in time and money so putting new in would make sense.

If what you say is correct, then nothing will be released by original EP :(
NekoShuffle
quote:
Jelly Baby was a sublabel of Raver Baby that had only 10 vinyl release, but had a few good tracks. Here's one of my personal favorites:

Yeah I always liked the Flying High remixes, especially the 'Space is the Place' one with the extended intro from Limp Bizkit
jimmyhypa
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
Jelly Baby was a sublabel of Raver Baby that had only 10 vinyl release, but had a few good tracks. Here's one of my personal favorites:

Yeah I always liked the Flying High remixes, especially the 'Space is the Place' one with the extended intro from Limp Bizkit

I bought all the Jelly baby tracks when they were first released, my favorites were number 1 Odimok and number 7 home I played them every set for ages, There just sat collecting dust now, shame really
_Jay_ Four more tracks released today:

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/129813/htid.html
_Jay_
quote:

Another one I couldn't find a video for it, but it's Don't Want You by Breeze & Styles

Essential Platinum is the beginning of the EP label, originally run by Dougal & Hixxy. Not sure what the reasoning for launching a New Essential Platinum was for. Both Hixxy & Dougal owned the New EP, so it isn't because of new ownership. If someone knows let us know. And Mental Platinum is a sublabel of the first EP label, and from hearing a few tracks it has a Dutch Hardcore sound.

This is just to get you an idea of what type of stuff was released from these labels. Some of these are personal favorites.

Cheers for taking the time to dig those out dude. All very interesting as well, the label history(s). I'm semi-familiar with a fair few of the tracks, and none of them really do it for me, so I'm not overly fussed if they aren't ever made available. :-/
d2kx Now we're talking :D Already got the new HTID batch, amazing tracks!
Karthy
quote:
Four more tracks released today:

Yep, more EPIC tracks from Hixxy, I'm liking every single one! This wasn't what I expected! lol
jimmyhypa
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
quote:
Four more tracks released today:

Yep, more EPIC tracks from Hixxy, I'm liking every single one! This wasn't what I expected! lol

I like the Outside world remix, I'll be getting that I think.

dj switchback The MP3s are finally flowing...
Samination I thought Scott Brown would get his mp3s out first, but at this rate, hixxy might get out more than him!
Triquatra *cough*
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
*cough*

So nothing happened :P

So far Hixxy's been relasing a few tracks every other week, but still only HTID tracks ;/
MaidenV http://www.trackitdown.net/track/yum-yi/tantric/hardcore/4188363.html

its HAPPENING, BROS
wong f*ck yeah, tantrics probably the one i wanted most.
djDMS Probably a late april fools joke!
Samination re-released for HTID? now that's gay

It took 3.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page