Radio listeners 184+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Panic petrol buyers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Audio Warfare Really!? I just had to wait in a 15min queue to get through a local town centre because the road was blocked with people waiting to fill up their cars and jerry cans. There isn't even a definite strike and they have to give 7 days notice if they are going to but people are already going mad.

Is it like this everywhere else too?

wong yep, f*ckin mongs
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
yep, f*ckin mongs

Yup! Just been told by someone that both garages in the town I work are now completely out of petrol. :-/ Prices had been cranked up about 5p a litre when I went past too lol.
Ken Masters Same up this way dude. My old dear just rushed to the local garage & filled it to the brim haha
Archefluxx Very glad I dont have a car right now.
Audio Warfare Haha it's great. There was no issue but now there is mass panic and there will be a shortage. The british public do love a good panic aye. :P
Triquatra they're extremely annoying - I tried to get salad from asda yesterday and was stuck in a que to get in

the strike may not even happen and if it does, by the time it does.. the fuel they are panic buying now will have all run out (at least those which don't seem to be using fuel cans - which was the majority of them).

I don't even care if I come to regret my words but they're idiots for causing these tailbacks.

I want to start a rumour about Eggs being low on supply, so that people start panic buying eggs.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
they're extremely annoying - I tried to get salad from asda yesterday and was stuck in a que to get in

the strike may not even happen and if it does, by the time it does.. the fuel they are panic buying now will have all run out (at least those which don't seem to be using fuel cans - which was the majority of them).

I don't even care if I come to regret my words but they're idiots for causing these tailbacks.

I want to start a rumour about Eggs being low on supply, so that people start panic buying eggs.

oh god lol so that's what that fb post was about
Audio Warfare
quote:

Ridiculous isn't it. :P Probably wont happen but until they at least say for sure it is happening there is no point in even giving it a second thought. Most people use their tanks in a week so would want to do it just before they strike. A can sit on a tank for a month easy so no worries for me really. Could cycle to work if I really had to as well, it's only 5 miles.

quote:

Why not mate. Everyone's in a fowl mood about people clucking for petrol so that might lift peoples spirits a bit.
djDMS All this panicking really pisses me off. There MIGHT be a strike at some point in the future, with 7 DAYS NOTICE yet these fools still run to their cars to fill up because they think everybody else will - which NOBODY would have if they took a moment to think about it.

I actually NEEDED petrol today, got some at the 4th petrol station i went to because the others had run out.

If the oil companies need someone to stand outside their garages and slap a bit of sense into drivers, i'm their man!
ultraskool why are petrol prices skyrocketing? time for the Electric Hybrid vehicle?? Come on you Japanese where are you? DJ Shimamura?! LOL
Phobz
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
why are petrol prices skyrocketing? time for the Electric Hybrid vehicle?? Come on you Japanese where are you? DJ Shimamura?! LOL

How about a US car built i Finland?

TBH, i think it's funny that people are panic buying. If their so scared of running out of fuel, why didn't they prepare? It doesn't take much to store some extra, and it's not like its going to lose its value.
Simon I think we can all agree that the real shock here is that Triquatra tried to buy a salad!
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
I think we can all agree that the real shock here is that Triquatra tried to buy a salad!

roflmfao @ that

Triquatra LOL!

you can't make EPIC CRACKER! without salad!

seee

massive epic cracker size of dinner plate
boiled egg
mixed leaf salad
tomatos
little bit of coleslaw
little bit of cottage cheese here and there
jizzed all over with glaze (morrisons own, bloody delicious and lasts weeks!).
dash of red pesto
sprinkled with mixed nuts
dash of sweet pickle

consume (which is a job and a half)

they are these - they sell them in morrisons: http://www.rakusens.co.uk/traditionalmatzos2.php
Hard2Get Lol where did you get such a big cracker?
Triquatra Morrisons! top shelf, cracker isle!
Simon Ah yes, that's looking far more unhealthy...All is forgiven!
Triquatra awww, that isn't a snack though, thats my lunch, to be honest, theres barely anything in it! there is less than a teaspoon of each of the things that are "bad" for you on there! its mostly salad!
Audio Warfare They are some big arse crackers. :P I can just imagine that all falling off though every time you take a bite, would annoy the hell out of me! Looks nice though.
Samination Is this "Epic Meal Time running on Fumes" or something?
ultraskool Crackers! That is a Cracking crack of a cracker! LOL
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Is this "Epic Meal Time running on Fumes" or something?

You mean EMT ISN'T running on fumes?! They had something good going for a while, but then they sold-out, and basically jammed the show up their self-endulgent drunken asses.

Shame :(
Entity Back on topic:

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
All this panicking really pisses me off. There MIGHT be a strike at some point in the future, with 7 DAYS NOTICE yet these fools still run to their cars to fill up because they think everybody else will - which NOBODY would have if they took a moment to think about it.......

This.

I also agree with CLSM's Facebook post. The Government want more money, and as fuel is insanely taxed over here, and at record-high prices, why not instigate a bit of scaremongering to make people panic-buy?

Twats.

jenks Who employs the people who are threatening to strike again? And who benefits from panic buying?
Triquatra it seems to be mainly the Unite Union who represent the tankers..
nobody really benefits that well from the panic buying, as deliverys only come on set dates, and once that fuel is gone that petrol station stops making money.
the government may slightly benefit from the any animosity that arises toward tankers because of the situation and possible strike..but can suffer from any advice they give out; if they say nothing and there is a strike..they'll be blamed for being complacent..if they say something and morons panic buy they'll be accused of mishandling the situation.
I feel it was the medias fault personally, they latch on and create mountains out of molehills..and panic buyers out of sheeple.

everything has calmed down now at the pumps (wonder if people will have learnt their lesson?)

this an interesting article, and the comments below also insightful!
http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/03/29/did-tories-spur-petrol-panic-to-avoid-recession/
Entity
quote:
....I feel it was the medias fault personally, they latch on and create mountains out of molehills..and panic buyers out of sheeple...

The Government instigated, the media propagated, and the consumers bought it. End of.

Triquatra technically the unions instigated it!
Entity
quote:
technically the unions instigated it!

*edit*

Technically, yes. You're right. But this whole situation COULD have been avoided by sitting around a table and dealing with it head-on. What does the Government do?......
Triquatra they gave out pretty sound advice imo, I listened to it and didn't panic.
they were pretty much damned if they did, damned if they didn't - they had to react as the unions had come out and said publically what they were going to do.
Entity
quote:
they gave out pretty sound advice imo, I listened to it and didn't panic.
they were pretty much damned if they did, damned if they didn't - they had to react as the unions had come out and said publically what they were going to do.

David Cameron did say last month that there was no need to panic....and then advised that it "would be sensible to top up", which was pretty dumb IMO.

Triquatra I really don't think that was stupid advice, they aren't even contrasting statements, its easy to put a little bit more in the tank when you top up as normal whenever that is without panicing and making special trips ;)
Entity *rubs eyes* Was a late night last night... I thought he wrote "fill up" not "top up" :P
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
*rubs eyes* Was a late night last night... I thought he wrote "fill up" not "top up" :P

Fill up, top up...Still sounds like causing a mess to me! But I'm not a politician and therefore do not understand thier language...
jenks
quote:
it seems to be mainly the Unite Union who represent the tankers..
nobody really benefits that well from the panic buying, as deliverys only come on set dates, and once that fuel is gone that petrol station stops making money.
the government may slightly benefit from the any animosity that arises toward tankers because of the situation and possible strike..but can suffer from any advice they give out; if they say nothing and there is a strike..they'll be blamed for being complacent..if they say something and morons panic buy they'll be accused of mishandling the situation.
I feel it was the medias fault personally, they latch on and create mountains out of molehills..and panic buyers out of sheeple.

everything has calmed down now at the pumps (wonder if people will have learnt their lesson?)

this an interesting article, and the comments below also insightful!
http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/03/29/did-tories-spur-petrol-panic-to-avoid-recession/

They don't usually run out, so obviously they're selling more now than they usually do.
Triquatra of course they are, thats why the sell out, but they still have to wait the same amount of time for refueling and in some cases longer, because there is only a finite amount of fuel that can be delievered at any given time with everywhere running out, places that are not rural or arent independant fuel stations were prioritised so places like where I am, in the sticks, had to wait even longer for deliverys

getting tired of bantering over something thats been and gone now...trying to enjoy the easter holidays and the present ;)
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
quote:

Why not mate. Everyone's in a fowl mood about people clucking for petrol so that might lift peoples spirits a bit.

Silly turkeys wouldn't know chicken when they see one though.

It took 2.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page