Total online 1564
 Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 Say, I hear the scene in Australia is BANGIN!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Rika can anybody offer any insight?

how does the australia scene compare with the rest of the world?

LOvE iS GoD LoVE IS WaR LoVE IS WhAT YoUR LiFe iS For! Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Please dont start WW3 Mr. Bush!! F*ck with me and i'll saw off your legs MWWUUAAAFUUAAK
strychnine IME the best way to learn about how a scene is faring is to visit its local rave-site(s), where you'll see info for past and upcoming events, as well as DJ profiles and whatnot so you see what kind of musical cross-section you're faced with. For Sydney (Aus), try Muzikal Kloudz Sydney (run by DJ QT and MC/DJ Dave PSI) and Overdrive (DJ's Fenix and Exile).

If you can't be f***ed, here's a quick rundown for Sydney: very healthy UK hardcore scene, living in uneasy harmony with a healthy Euro gabber scene and a huge club scene. Currently in the opening stages of the annual summer rave-a-thon, with a decent-sized rave every week (or thereabouts) with a few good hardcore clubnights thrown in (Army Of Hardcore, Logic). International talent expected for the near future include UFO and Neophyte, with Frolic (who played at NYE) with one more set to play in Sydney before he leaves.

I can't really speak for the other Aussie scenes, let alone compare us with the rest of the world, so I'll let someone else do it.

F*** like you're being filmed.
toxic what he said

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
strychnine ^^ you lazy bastard.

Stevie c Man deaf seeing the family in Melbourne I am moving to N S Wales, as long as you don' t get anymore fires!!

Your into the sound of Rebellion
weba_d do u hear about the fires way ova there? shit, the grill dosnt effect the sence here..
my coments on the scene.
To me i feel the hardcore scene is always building stronger, i was talking to dj storm and he admitts the scene here is a little behind.. a little, a lot.
he refered to our raves as being more happy then progresive, so therefor he played a more vocal set at hyper.
the scene is in a 94-2000 stage at the moment, which i agree to feel comfortable with.
the raves are still very oldschool happyhard related, and only little progression is being made compared to the uk
but that progression has been fast progression of late, with mixes of new and old style intwinded together from the past raves to the raves to come

arrr I'll stop my ********e

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D
silver Yeah it started to re-bang when I left Australia.... maybe that is the reason ...hehe ... Still cant get booked back in my own country and when you think about it I am the closest international Hardcore DJ hehe :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
toxic but ur an aussie living overseas, r u not?
so technically that wouldnt make u an international, would it?

ouch Would it be safe to say that there is a deffo 3rd wave going on, with the second being 97ish? Dunno really, in sydney the crowds and demographics are always going to fluctuate as usually the minute ppl turn 18 they piss off to the clubs and end up with a negative attitude towards raves. comes down to $$$$ in the end the bigger the venue the bigger the crowd the more money they can throw at big name djs from o/s, belive it or not i think that demographics play a huge part in how big the scene is at any given time is as well, i use to joke that if it wernt for upper class kids from hunters hill there would be no rave scene at all, perhaps there is some sort of truth to that, ooh well thats just my opinion and it stinks debate me all ya want

yep yep
djstorm australian scene rocks!

storm
toxic ^^^ nuff said

djstorm
quote:
Originally posted by weba_d:
dj storm and he admitts the scene here is a little behind.. a little, a lot.
he refered to our raves as being more happy then progresive, so therefor he played a more vocal set at hyper.
the scene is in a 94-2000 stage at the moment, which i agree to feel comfortable with.
the raves are still very oldschool happyhard related, and only little progression is being made compared to the uk
but that progression has been fast progression of late, with mixes of new and old style intwinded together from the past raves to the raves to come

arrr I'll stop my ********e

WEBA D

there is a lot of older stuff gettin played in oz, but its def picking up though, with weaver , hazey etc playing nu school stuff and it going off ... so hopefully ozzie scene willo be bang up to date soon enuff

storm
ouch we're always behind with everything, no wonder ppl think we are slow

yep yep
strychnine Us? Behind? Never ... why, I just got that new track "Heart Of Gold" by that up-n-coming duo Force & Styles <=== mark my words, they're a talent to keep a lookout for

toxic u serious? .... like send it over ... i want it

silver You have to excuse Australia, they only got electricity 5 years ago hehhe ;)

Yeah I am an Australian living in Japan, so technically I'm not an international, but I am not considered an international in Japan.... perhaps a reject or perhaps a re-import... hahaha ... srill no excuse not to book me!

ouch urmmm how did u end up there, u have prolly answered this a million times before, do u have some sort of bio on the site? im intrequed

yep yep
toxic ^^^ shhh, hes on the run ... u might blow his cover

silver Long story, nothing bad, I wanted better work and learn japanese, do something different, plus at the time the Australian hardcore scene was dieing in the ass and the Japan had the largest hardcore sales in the world.

milo umm... hardcore music right silver? =P

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
umm... hardcore music right silver? =P

I was thinking that after he'd said this......

quote:
Originally posted by silver:
hardcore scene was dieing in the ass and the Japan had the largest hardcore sales in the world.

Might be The bit about Hardcore dieing in the ass......

Sy.
weba_d I think oz will play a major part in hardcore in the near future, we may lack in the producing side, but the amount of talent is overflowing. with the help of international support out, I do fell hardcore is goin to go through a dramatic change and only one country will spark that change

that change being good change

WEBA D
Stevie c If you were ever in europe I'd try and book you Silver

ouch hmm ponders if silver is the dude that use to run around dressed in silver

yep yep
TweekiN cant really say about the rest of the world cos i wont see it till the end of this year but oz scene is slowing a little i think or getting younger again

Go hard or GO HOME!!
TweekiN i heard silver last time he was in oz... CPX radio actually i taped it
haha
was the same set as the one u used to have on the mix page

Go hard or GO HOME!!
toxic
quote:
Originally posted by TweekiN:
cant really say about the rest of the world cos i wont see it till the end of this year but oz scene is slowing a little i think or getting younger again
Go hard or GO HOME!!

i dont think the oz scene is slowing down, in actual fact is picking up with more raves happening more frequently and with a quality DJ lineup aswell, the only way is up. also the quality of DJing has greatly improved in the past few yrs

silver Stevie c: Just get another promotor to book me :)

ouch: Hell no... that person needs to be shot.

TweekiN: I DJed that set in CPX's studio's and it was never on this site for download.

toxic: The australian scene is not dieing now that is for sure, actually it is probally the biggest in terms on people in the world for hardcore.

toxic
quote:
toxic: The australian scene is not dieing now that is for sure, actually it is probally the biggest in terms on people in the world for hardcore.

i never said the scene was dieing, but what do u mean by "it is probably the biggest in terms of ppl in the world for hardcore?"

isnt the UK bigger?

silver UK is big, but running HappyHardcore.com I can see how things are doing all over the world, I think there are more and bigger hardcore parties in Australia at the moment.

CandyAss
quote:
UK is big, but running HappyHardcore.com I can see how things are doing all over the world, I think there are more and bigger hardcore parties in Australia at the moment.

What about Japan's hardcore parties? How do they compare?

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
toxic
quote:
UK is big, but running HappyHardcore.com I can see how things are doing all over the world, I think there are more and bigger hardcore parties in Australia at the moment.

Ahhh yes, at the moment we do have a lot of parties, but that might have something to with it being summer over here. Someone correct me if im wrong, but does the hardcore scene around the world also pick up when they have their respective summers?

Dont get me wrong, im absolutely lovin' it at the moment.

silver
quote:
Originally posted by CandyAss:
What about Japan's hardcore parties? How do they compare?

You have to remember Japan is tiny tiny, and everything is expensive and everything is open 24 hours a day, so it is hard to put on a bif party and get alot of people to come.

In Australia everything closes at 6pm and the other thing you can do is goto a party.

CandyAss Yeah, but there's a lot of people in Japan and all the Japanese TV I've seen just screams "This country is ripe for a happycore scene." Seriously, some of their game show themes sound like happy hardcore remixes. Hope your weekly is doing well and that's kinda' cool about everything being open 24 hours. I would open a rave that never closes. Rave music live 24 hours a day. It could work maybe.

Back on topic though, Australia sounds great. I need to find time to go there within the next few years.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
Stevie c When I have some money you are top of the list!!

TweekiN did any1 goto that free party in sydney lastnight
??
Sams party
was it any good
cheers

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!
toxic ^^^ errr, umm, the free party in sydney is 2nite (18/1/03) ... its called Just for Fun ... check the events section

last nite it was army of hardcore at castles nightclub

Lusive Ok every ones been talking about sydney, i'd like to hear about melbourne, as far as i know its pretty dead.

The Brisbane scene however, is undergoing a huge change. 6 months ago, apart form the occasional uk hardcore import, all you heard was dutch gabber, and as much as the music in its own right is cool, it was killing harcore's reputation. Hardcore was a dirty word amongst all promoters and most ravers.

Recently however, people have shown an interest in freeform/new happy hard, and after playing a few sets out, i have noticed that there really is a better following for it than i first thought. Its all very new to the average hard house/trance punter, which is a good thing cause it keeps their minds open. And you find lots of ppl that are hugely into it but you never knew cause it didnt get played out.

Theres really been some huge vibrations recently, and hardcore's becoming a comonly muttered word around here, raves like mayhem have started to build interest (we got anabolic frolic/ufo/davepsi & qt here tonight). System 6, the local

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |
toxic
quote:
Originally posted by Lusive:
Ok every ones been talking about sydney, i'd like to hear about melbourne, as far as i know its pretty dead.

Dont know, and quite frankly dont really care for the melbourne scene. Sydney scene rocks, thats all that matters, even Storm said so

strychnine I was under the impression that the Melbourne scene was non-existent, save for a few bedroom producers and whatnot.

Vinylpusher The issue with the Sydney rave scene not going forward is simple. The promoters. Not saying anyone here in syd isnt doing a good job but facts are facts. Every now and then there will be an international or a sydney DJ who will play a bit more advanced(style wise) but at the end of the day the promoters , or at least the promoters of the bigger parties will always put on what and who they know as opposed to taking a risk and putting on people who will play a bit different. This isnt a bad thing as i get to hear all the tunes i love whenever i go out, BUT... i have been hearing most of these songs and sets since 96!

strychnine ^^ ummm ... exactly what rock have you been living under? The top echelon of HHC DJ's in Sydney very rarely play old tracks anymore (with the exception of the odd classic that they'll throw into a set every once in a while), and are getting more and more adventurous re integrating other genres (eg freeform, gabber, trance) into their sets. In light of this, you'll also find that the top ranks of up&comers (eg Kaz, Finley, Kwest) have also strived to progress a little more in terms of distinctiveness when they play.

The promoters aren't stupid either. If they're gonna charge more than $25 then they have to offer something special, be it a big-name headliner, mindblowing production (eg award-winning lightshows etc), or simply giving the performers an avenue to try something different.

Admittedly, much of the progression has only happened in the last couple of months or so, but it shows no sign of letting up and I see bright things ahead for the scene.

Vinylpusher Look sorry if you got the wrong impression about wht i was saying, let me try again. Yes freeform and gabba get used more now but its nothing new, i didnt say EVERY dj is playing the same old infact i said it tends to be the bigger parties that remain the same. I know hhc dj's here are doing a lot more recently than what has been getting done for a while but its still not fresh as such. just because its not a classic doesnt mean its new. i know of atleast two dj's personally in the sydney scene who have recently played original hartcore..yes hart not hard and also early jungle and breakbeat and people thought it was all new stuff. So all i am saying is there isnt much i havnt heard before, not saying its bad or that its wrong just that it would be nice to hear some of the newer hhc and hc from overseas.

weba_d Weaver is starting to bring out some new stuff, hes got a studio setup now.

I have a good feeling the producing side will become a bit stonger in the future, cos the aussie scene is "Bangin!" right now and the more ppl hearing the new hhc the more chance it will sell here.

With a weak feasibility here so far for pressing records is starting to look a bit more possible.

WEBA D

It took 2.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page