Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 The HH.Com mix competition 2012

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djDMS As promised ages ago, IT'S BACK!

Your chance to show off your skills, and compete for the title of best DJ on HappyHardcore.com

If you're not familiar with the process, this is how it went down last year...

The initial topic and discussion
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=53562&SearchTerms=mix,competition

The entries
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=53825&SearchTerms=mix,competition

The rsults thread
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=54228&SearchTerms=mix,competition

Obviously there'll be dead links etc on these but it gives you an idea of what happened.

Going for a similar idea this year, see what interest we get first.

So who's up for it?
Dys7 Im down, once I get my computer back.. Sign me up!
TheOneNOnly Interested.
Samination wow, finally maybe i can be in this one as i 'missed' (my lazy period) the last time
Future_Shock I'm down.
Ken Masters yeh, it's about time I done a new mix
_Jay_ In!
wong would love to enter but i just dont feel confident enough to upload mixes to the internet yet, will be happy to do some voting though
Simon I might be interested in throwing something together.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
would love to enter but i just dont feel confident enough to upload mixes to the internet yet, will be happy to do some voting though

Go for it mate, has to be a first time!
DJ D-Luc-D I'm definitely doing this :) sounds fun
Brian K did you have any ideas on a a completion time?
D-tor I'm down, once again.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
did you have any ideas on a a completion time?

I'm not in a massive rush what with 7D and work commitments so i can see this part running until the end of this month(ish), then as long as it takes after that! You on a tight schedule mate?
Bonkers4Life Ah, didnt participate last time. I'm sure i can find some time around school and 7D, so I'm in!
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I'm not in a massive rush what with 7D and work commitments so i can see this part running until the end of this month(ish), then as long as it takes after that! You on a tight schedule mate?

not too bad but with the weather warming up the kids busy season is just around the corner so just trying to plan accordingly
wong
quote:
quote:
would love to enter but i just dont feel confident enough to upload mixes to the internet yet, will be happy to do some voting though

Go for it mate, has to be a first time!

hmm i dunno, i'll have a think about it over the weekend
silver Stickied baby!
SpiritWolf I guess I'll give it a go this time, count me in!
Samination since I wasnt in the first one (and i dont want to go topic digging), what was the rules for this one?
djDMS Thanks Silver!

Sami - Don't know, i havent made them up yet!
Samination well since i hate mixing one style, i want to know. And then there's time limits
wong sami i had a quick read through last years and id say u can probably mix any style u like and make the mix between 30-45 minutes long
DJ D-Luc-D How does the voting work?
_Jay_ If you submit a mix, you have to make a conscious effort to listen to all of the mixes submitted. That's where the bulk of the votes will come from. I think you had to vote for your top three last time. I think. Anyone else can vote as well, irrespective of whether you are involved directly.

It's a good laugh. And some awesome mixes come out of it.

Really chuffed I broke my mixer a few weeks ago.
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
If you submit a mix, you have to make a conscious effort to listen to all of the mixes submitted. That's where the bulk of the votes will come from. I think you had to vote for your top three last time. I think. Anyone else can vote as well, irrespective of whether you are involved directly.

It's a good laugh. And some awesome mixes come out of it.

Really chuffed I broke my mixer a few weeks ago.

So where are votes submitted?
_Jay_ In private messages to the organizer (Deano [DMS]).

Results are revealed at the end.
DJ D-Luc-D Sexy, already putting mine together
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
Sexy, already putting mine together

Best to wait and see what the rules are first...

It may be that only tracks produced by Showaddywaddy are allowed in the mix...Who knows!
djDMS Rumbled!
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
Sexy, already putting mine together

Best to wait and see what the rules are first...

True, I'm just very excited about this. It's the first mix competition I'm going to enter. And I know that it's quite small (looking at previous threads) but its still exciting
DJseaking ill take part again
djDMS Looking good so far chaps. I'll start putting some rules, deadlines together over the weekend so we can make some serious progress soon.
carldj90 count me in
Samination This program will follow
djDMS ....eventually!
Bonkers4Life Whens this gunna start up? I have some free time very soon and would like to get this mix done during that time :D
djDMS For those of you wanting to get started on mixes bcause of time/availability issues, here's what you need for now.

Mixes can be ANY genre, but bear in mind that Hardcore rules around here so it's up to you if you take that risk.

Mixes should be 30-45 minutes long. Go shorter or longer at your own risk - remember there are going to be lots to get through and longer mixes might be overlooked.

When your mix is complete, provide me via PM links to your mix. Streaming AND download links would be more helpful so everybody can access them depending on their method of listening.

I'll wait another week or so for people to register their interest. Anyone struggling for time let me know, i'd rather have you on board and delay things than not have you at all!

Once i have a list i'll post it here, then we'll agree a time limit for getting the mixes in. After that, we'll go into voting etc.

Anything else, let me know :-)
stray Ahhh what the hell, I'm up for it just so there is a small injection of Freeform into the comp ;)
Samination hm, maybe I should try to go for a (mainly) makina/j-core mix then?
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by stray:
Ahhh what the hell, I'm up for it just so there is a small injection of Freeform into the comp ;)

Hey man, you never responded to my pm. Is that off?
D-tor I want to mix something stupid.
Samination I got something cooking that I was thinking of adding to the competition.

I'm going to do a "complete mix" (80 minutes) and then make a shorter one to fit the 45-50 minute space for this competition
Kebab Head not read the whole thread so if its not too late i will enter - i feel my mixing is now worth entering this
Future_Shock submitted :)
Kebab Head How do u submit a mix?
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
How do u submit a mix?

quote:

When your mix is complete, provide me via PM links to your mix. Streaming AND download links would be more helpful so everybody can access them depending on their method of listening.

Samination any deadlines?
Kebab Head
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
How do u submit a mix?

quote:

Thanks!
Bonkers4Life Will be working on this next week, as this week is full of exams for me.
Samination so... i screwed up and didnt just make one mix... i made 3 :P
Tastetherainobw I'm going to submit my mix tomorrow!
Uk Hardcore, Freeform, and more!
Samination Dean, have you counted how many we are at the moment?
djDMS Yes mate, just a few entries so far. Will get on with confirming entries and setting deadlines etc after the weekend.
Dys7 I will be able to start working on my mix hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week (Its in repair all this week).
djDMS Any more for any more?

If you're thinking of entering and haven't made yourself known yet, please do so over the next few days.

There will be a prize for the winner if you need that little push in the right direction
Simon What's the final date for entry?

I really should throw something together pretty soon.
djDMS Not a lot of entries so far so I need to keep it open a while longer mate.
_Jay_ Hold up, do we need to actually submit mixes now?!?! Or just register interest?
djDMS I'll settle for either at the minute mate, but we're still in the process of gathering interest (even though i already have a few entries)
GrahamC I'll have a go at this :)

Will get working on it tonight!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Hold up, do we need to actually submit mixes now?!?! Or just register interest?

register interest soesn't mean you'll have a mix done tho :/
Claxton Dont know how I missed this till now but it so happens I just recorded a 30min mix recently, so ill have a bash!! Why not hey???

ps. Did you get my PM?? Not a clue if it worked.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Dont know how I missed this till now but it so happens I just recorded a 30min mix recently, so ill have a bash!! Why not hey???

if it's shown in your outbox, then it's sent :)
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Dont know how I missed this till now but it so happens I just recorded a 30min mix recently, so ill have a bash!! Why not hey???

if it's shown in your outbox, then it's sent :)

Cheers. It hadn't but all sorted now!!
djDMS Got them both mate, welcome aboard
Simon Can I just ask, what is the preferred weapon of choice for hosting the mixes, basically I'm really lazy and want either the easiest site/method or for someone to do it all for me...

...Including the mixing!!!
Kebab Head So are we ment to be sending mixes in now?

How long are the mixes ment to be? 10mins? 30 mins? 1hr?? What???
wong read the thread wilky
Triquatra I'm not sure if wilky's iphone lets him read older parts of the thread? ;)
wong android ftw
Kebab Head
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I'm not sure if wilky's iphone lets him read older parts of the thread? ;)

hmmm either that or my brain doesn't store information very well
djDMS Anyone who hasn't committed to entering and wishes to, be aware that i'm closing entries before the end of the week.

Then it's just a case of rounding up the entries so you listeners shouldn't have to wait too much longer!
Bonkers4Life
quote:
Anyone who hasn't committed to entering and wishes to, be aware that i'm closing entries before the end of the week.

Then it's just a case of rounding up the entries so you listeners shouldn't have to wait too much longer!

Ah, don't wait up for me. Been caught up with 7D stuff.
Ranzor Hope I'm not too late. I'll try to submit a freeform mix I'm working on by the end of this week!

When submitting my mix, can I upload it to Soundcloud first and set it to public? Or does it have to be exclusive to you, djDMS?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Ranzor:
Hope I'm not too late. I'll try to submit a freeform mix I'm working on by the end of this week!

When submitting my mix, can I upload it to Soundcloud first and set it to public? Or does it have to be exclusive to you, djDMS?

You can make it public mate, just make sure you PM me the link when it's up.
djDMS Last chance for anyone who hasn't confirmed they're taking part....
JAJ Can i still take part!!!???
djDMS Sure you can mate :-)
djDMS Right.

Everybody who is still intending to enter needs to get a link to their mix to me by the end of next week (10th june). Soundcloud/mixcloud/download links etc, whatever you have will do. Anyone who can't provide a download link, don't worry - i'll sort that.

Any problems/questions, feel free to get in touch.

Bribes via paypal to [email protected].

Ta!
The Dopeman oooooh i'm in i'm in pick me lol...how the hell did this pass me by i'll get uploading my mix in a few hours (have to think of tracks to use 1st)
Dys7 I'm in, at least I'll try : D
carldj90 IM IN!!#
djDMS Entries coming in nicely, fantastic quality so far. You lot will NOT be disappointed ;-)
Samination how many times did you say you'd close down the competition? must be three times now, and more people come each time you say it :P
djDMS Hush you, you're just scared of losing!
Samination
quote:
Hush you, you're just scared of losing!

nooo :(
MaidenV Ahahaha I just entered this right now.
Dys7 Just realize I leave for Europe one day after the competition ends... this may be a problem :P
The Dopeman how many mixes are there so far?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
how many mixes are there so far?

The Dopeman HOLY BAJINGOS SERIOUSLY!!!!

looks like i'm gonna be listewning to a lot of music then lol
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
HOLY BAJINGOS SERIOUSLY!!!!

looks like i'm gonna be listewning to a lot of music then lol

he's joking. no way in hell he has more than 20. He would've closed out for entering a long time ago if he had 173 lol
The Dopeman oh thank god for that but now i have a brown stain on my underpants...not good lol
djDMS
miss-wicket *edited*

Stay on topic, no spamming.
D-tor I forgot you could type like that.

And honestly what the ****.
miss-wicket Sorry, when it said HH comp I thought it was the Hardcore Heaven comp!!

And D-tor what do you mean "And honestly what the ****!) Not very hardcore is it!
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by miss-wicket:
Sorry, when it said HH comp I thought it was the Hardcore Heaven comp!!

No problem, i only now realized they both have same acronyms.
Samination that's why I call this site hhc.com, not hh.com :P
djDMS Last couple of days folks...
Ranzor W00t! Can't wait.
_Jay_ Ahh I'm gonna have to pass probably now :-(

I've leant my decks to a mate (I've moved to a smaller house temporarily), and I'm proper struggling for time these days as well. Stupid full time job. :-(

Will try and listen to as many of the entries as I can though :-)
djDMS Right, unless you live in some unheard of timezone that's 36 hours behind GMT that's your lot! Entries are officially CLOSED.

I'll just need a while to put everything together so expect the listening/voting thread sometime tomorrow (wednesday).

Thank you all for your effort/input

It took 4.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page