Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Anyone enjoy Psytrance? (updated)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Audio Warfare Currently trying to turn my hand to it but got lots to learn. If anyone who listens to it is up for dropping some feedback on this it'd be much appreciated. :) - http://soundcloud.com/audio-warfare/audio-warfare-star-ocean
Dante Nice one. Dropped a comment on SC, blud.
Audio Warfare Nice one. :)
Archefluxx Used to be a big fan of the Holy Men
Lilley I enjoy a bit, but have no knowledge of it. The psy-trance I know is limited and fairly old.
Lilley I liked where it was going. pretty chilled. The kick in psy has always made me take notice. Almost a square in shape than regular rise and decay.
Lilley

I'll go and edit now.
Archefluxx I just let out a big loud noise in laughter
Audio Warfare lol did I miss something!?

quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
I liked where it was going. pretty chilled. The kick in psy has always made me take notice. Almost a square in shape than regular rise and decay.

Cheers man. I'm hoping to work in more and more energy, I want it pretty progressive. I think the vocal is a bit of a mess atm too, need to tighten that up a lot.

I love the psy kick drum with that kinda knock sound on it, nice to have something different to the usual vengeance sample pack kick. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Used to be a big fan of the Holy Men

Not familiar with them, will take a listen. I go to a lot of Psy events and hear it loads at free parties but only have like 6 CD's and really don't know many artists.
Hard2Get Contrary to what i expected, i really like it. I like where it's going that's for sure (where the pad comes in towards the end is what i like and what got my attention, and gives the previous bit of the song some context). I wasn't expecting something chilled and atmospheric, which is what i like most in Psytrance but it's hard to find that stuff (for me). Most stuff sounds very similar, and i would expect someone new to making the genre to just go for the most common sound, hence my surprise. I don't think you have lots to learn, just do what sounds good, it's obviously working so far.
Audio Warfare Thank you, encouraging words! While I do like the main Psy(almost Hard Dance)trance sound most of the stuff I own doesnt really follow that style so perhaps Im taking most of my influence from the other stuff. Perhaps in a strange way the fact that I own 0 proper Psytrance sample packs may help too.

Im looking forward to working on this some more now but going to have to wait till next week. :( Its probably a good thing I have a girlfriend or Im not sure Id ever leave the studio heh.
Bonkers4Life i used to make this stuff, was really good at it to, then it just died off and i never really went back to it
Ionosphere Oh yeh, PsyTrance is me favourite and this is good mate, probably all the better for you NOT having any Psytrance sample packs....

....sample packs!? wtf? some people are so b'stard lazy. :-/

Make sure you link us to the finished track.

quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
i used to make this stuff, was really good at it to,

Extremely modest of you. Examples?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere: ....sample packs!? wtf? some people are so b'stard lazy. :-/

Like.
quote:
Extremely modest of you.

LOL

Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
Oh yeh, PsyTrance is me favourite and this is good mate, probably all the better for you NOT having any Psytrance sample packs....

....sample packs!? wtf? some people are so b'stard lazy. :-/

Make sure you link us to the finished track.

haha. :P I love the sound of Psytrance too, can't believe I've not played around with it more already. I get to stuck in my little Hardcore bubble at times.

Will do mate. :D

quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
i used to make this stuff, was really good at it to, then it just died off and i never really went back to it

Post some clips!
Dante He probably doesn't have any of it anymore, so we'll just have to take his word that he's really good at it ;p
Warnman The atmosphere (especially the bassline, the guy's voice and the small but important sound effects in the background) sounds like good Psytrance to me. I might do not know enough about this genre, but 135 bpm sounds very slow to me, due this speed usually is the usual speed of "normal" Trance for myself. A proper Psytrance track doesn't need to come close to the shreddered sounds of today's Darkpsy with 180 minutes long mixes, which sound very monotonic from the beginning to the end tmo, but have you ever played your track at 145-160 bpm? I have no idea how it sounds at that speed, but I'd at least give it a try.
Audio Warfare Cheers man. :) Psytrance seems to vary massively in tempo tbh but I like it at this speed, much more room for everything to breathe.

I've updated now with loads of new bits - http://soundcloud.com/audio-warfare/audio-warfare-star-ocean :) Still a little rough but I'll come back and clean it up some more.
Charco Absolutely love it mate!!
Used to love psy trance, was a regular at Planet Zogg nights in Sheffield.

Loving all the noises going on...fits very nicely. Would love to listen to it without the vocals as I think it could still be a beast of a tune.
It's definitely got that progressive vibe to it, can almost picture myself dancin away to this, glo-sticks at the ready...
Ionosphere haha, yeh, it got me moving. The update is even better and I was too busy enjoying meself to spot any faults. 8)

....I dunno, all this enjoyin' meself has got to stop.... far too unprofessional.
TTE Oooh, I like that a lot. Wouldnt say it sounded Psytrancy though, its not overly trippy or abstract which for me is what defines the genre. This isn't a bad thing though, if you'd thrown in a psy kick and gone heavy on trippy effects you'd have ruined what is a brilliant minimal rolling trance track. :)
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Charco:
Absolutely love it mate!!

Loving all the noises going on...fits very nicely. Would love to listen to it without the vocals as I think it could still be a beast of a tune.
It's definitely got that progressive vibe to it, can almost picture myself dancin away to this, glo-sticks at the ready...

Cheers mate. Can send you a vocal-less version once it's done if you like? ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
haha, yeh, it got me moving. The update is even better and I was too busy enjoying meself to spot any faults. 8)

....I dunno, all this enjoyin' meself has got to stop.... far too unprofessional.

Wicked, glad you like the new additions I've made. :) You should definitely know better though, music is not here to be enjoyed!

quote:
Originally posted by TTE:
Oooh, I like that a lot. Wouldnt say it sounded Psytrancy though, its not overly trippy or abstract which for me is what defines the genre. This isn't a bad thing though, if you'd thrown in a psy kick and gone heavy on trippy effects you'd have ruined what is a brilliant minimal rolling trance track. :)

Cheers, glad you like it. :D You're not the only person to tell me this really and I have been told it's more Progressive Trance than anything... I have no idea really lol. I seem to hear loads of things classed as Psy these days that really aren't trippy at all so it just seems a bit blurred to me.
Charco
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
[quote]Originally posted by Charco:
Absolutely love it mate!!

Cheers mate. Can send you a vocal-less version once it's done if you like? ;)

- That'd be great!!

Definitely think it has a massive element of psy trance in it - the noises and effects floating through the track give it that feeling...though I do think more of a 'wobble' in the bass-line would make it more so...

TTE Have you thought about making Psy inspired Freeform? I'm always on the lookout for trippy edged stuff for Smiling Corpse. */end plug*
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by TTE:
Have you thought about making Psy inspired Freeform? I'm always on the lookout for trippy edged stuff for Smiling Corpse. */end plug*

I think FINRG should might be a usefull source for you.
TTE Yeah, it already has been haha. We've had huge support from the rising stars of Finland. However some of the more Psy inspired stuff is coming from elsewhere. Qygen, Xombei and even my own stuff under my 'Wyrm' alias all has that heavy smell of Psy.
warped_candykid The only psytrance I like is the crazy full-power & brooding dark psy (mostly what Goa Gil plays now). The bad thing is, it's hard to find Dark Psy albums because I don't know hardly any artists :/
Lilley I'm gonna say I didn't enjoy it so much. Felt like it built and built thennnnn let me down. Then did it again and again. That's how I found it.

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page