Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Raverbaby finally going digital

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Anderjuk2002 Taken from the about section on Hixxy's Soundcloud page:

I will Try and answer as many inbox's as possible and listen to other productions but please don't be offended if i don't get round to answer or listen to everyones.
All new tunes will be up on download sites before the end of october 2011 starting off with 'sora-blue' and 'De La Rush' The older cat on raverbaby and older tracks will be availible soon through AATW on their download sites and partners.
Thanks for your support and thanks for listening !

Link for anyone interested : http://soundcloud.com/hixxy

John
Wilky we will see...

I'm sure he said something similar in 2005we will see...

I'm sure he said something similar in 2005

Triquatra thats a big reach if its AATW and their partners, I wonder if that means they'll be part owned by Universal Music...that would be a hell of alot of websites!
djDMS I'll believe it when i see it. Gave up on expecting anything years ago.
Triquatra not interested in the new stuff, but if the old stuff and old old stuff from his other labels come out that would be great

though of course, no good to me as I dont have CD decks or money lol
djDMS If i can shift some vinyl i'll definitely buy my fair share of the old stuff.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If i can shift some viny

Big if lol. So little demand for vinyl now. Or at least there is far too much supply. Best thing to do these days is just sell a load of it at once for really cheap.
JayHH86 Interesting. October, really? Hope so. Cautiously optimistic.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If i can shift some viny

Big if lol. So little demand for vinyl now. Or at least there is far too much supply. Best thing to do these days is just sell a load of it at once for really cheap.

^ to me

(when i have money) ;)

I'm lovin this whole vinyl getting cheaper thing, bring it ooooooooowwwwnn!!
Hard2Get Before discogs came along and allowed people to sell their vinyl, Hardcore vinyl costed 5 to 10 pounds and 10 to 20 for the rarer pieces and now it's pretty much all about a pound lol. Definately a positive thing for people looking to buy vinyl. No one can ever use the excuse that vinyl is too expensive because it's just not, not even remotely (second hand). Peoeple managed fine when it was many times more.
Samination finally, but I think I still will be waiting till Octoboer 2014 for my backcat :(
Triquatra christ i love discogs - and i've barely been able to use the sale side of it properly yet!

so many sellers on there selling pieces at 20p a piece and they have like over 50 pieces i want, and some you pay over 20 and offer free shipping
thats like....100 pieces of vinyl, all from my "wants" for 20...with free shipping

cannot wait to get my debts shifted so i can start realing in all those juicy pieces
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
finally, but I think I still will be waiting till Octoboer 2014 for my backcat :(

feel the same way. money's tight over here and I hope for me working commission in retail that christmas sales are very good as I haven't bought tracks in months!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
finally, but I think I still will be waiting till Octoboer 2014 for my backcat :(

feel the same way. money's tight over here and I hope for me working commission in retail that christmas sales are very good as I haven't bought tracks in months!

oh, no, I got the money, but since its AATW handling the digital backcat, it will take to 2014 before swedes can buy the tracks. If that happens, will anyone help a brother out by buying them for me? :)
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
^ to me

(when i have money) ;)

I'm lovin this whole vinyl getting cheaper thing, bring it ooooooooowwwwnn!!

Have you got a wants list mate, cos i'm seriously considering giving some away to the right people
Triquatra yes indeed, I can send you a list over if you like! :)
djDMS
quote:
yes indeed, I can send you a list over if you like! :)

Absolutely. Send away!
Samination aaaand just before you send the vinyls, ask him for some insurance money >:D
Simon Would be good, some of the early stuff was amazing, especially some of the UFO tracks.
Samination definitly not selling my music maker vinyl
meran05 I Have been saving since Hixxy first mentioned about digitals!

Hope it happens, the early stuff is unreal :)
Smoogie k
AxisMundai Don't get your hopes up lads, it will never happen, how many times has this been mentioned.
Future_Shock I'll be surprised if it happens.

I remember in '04 or '05 a similar promise was made. And we were all excited about it then to have a big let down.

But keeping positive, it might happen.

But on the down side, if it does happen, are we going to get digital re/masters or ****ing vinyl rips? I really hope it's not the latter.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
I'll be surprised if it happens.

I remember in '04 or '05 a similar promise was made. And we were all excited about it then to have a big let down.

But keeping positive, it might happen.

But on the down side, if it does happen, are we going to get digital re/masters or ****ing vinyl rips? I really hope it's not the latter.

No reason why they would be. Only a few years old so the digital masters should still be around for sure.
Revs Yeah I remember a Hardcore store (one of the big ones, not gonna say which one tho!) selling Vinyl rips as digital tracks, you could even hear crackles in the very first silent second(s) of the song where there was no kick or any other instrument to hear yet. Was quite disappointed about this, in particular because these were newer tracks...
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Revs:
Yeah I remember a Hardcore store (one of the big ones, not gonna say which one tho!) selling Vinyl rips as digital tracks, you could even hear crackles in the very first silent second(s) of the song where there was no kick or any other instrument to hear yet. Was quite disappointed about this, in particular because these were newer tracks...

They probably did it to avoid having to pay the original owners for digital versions.
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Revs:
Yeah I remember a Hardcore store (one of the big ones, not gonna say which one tho!) selling Vinyl rips as digital tracks, you could even hear crackles in the very first silent second(s) of the song where there was no kick or any other instrument to hear yet. Was quite disappointed about this, in particular because these were newer tracks...

They probably did it to avoid having to pay the original owners for digital versions.

Total pish. I remember when that was first brought up, when he had a public fall out with Brisk. Was stated at the time they were not vinyl rips.

Samination could this be why Beats24/7 hit the dust?
SPOOX About time too. As others have already said this was supposed to happen ages ago.
Hard2Get
quote:
could this be why Beats24/7 hit the dust?

No, they were all digitalally sourced, which was what made the site so good. What a brilliant site it was too, very missed.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
About time too. As others have already said this was supposed to happen ages ago.

rofl, if hixxy started his own mp3 store it should be called About Time Too :D
Triquatra
quote:
rofl, if hixxy started his own mp3 store it should be called About Time Too :D

lol topical joke, very clever! made me chuckle!
Samination for those who didnt understsnd, i was referring to this:

http://www.discogs.com/Hixxy-About-Time-Too-Remixes/release/247920
deathproof627 well hixxy just made a facebook so at least we know he's keeping up the times. At this rate lets hope his next step is a digital store seeing he is he pretty much the face of hardcore. Imagine the money he'll make from a digital store, especially since there is barely any money to go around in the hardcore scene in the uk and commonwealth at least.
Triquatra he's going to be giving away freebies for every 1000 likes he gets

would be nice to think these are going to be early hixxy tracks..off B-traxx and the like

my favourite post on his fanpage so far

"bonkers is the best electronic music maker <3"

:D
djDMS Oh it's going to be so full of cringeworthy comments!
Samination
quote:
he's going to be giving away freebies for every 1000 likes he gets

would be nice to think these are going to be early hixxy tracks..off B-traxx and the like

my favourite post on his fanpage so far

"bonkers is the best electronic music maker <3"

:D

i requested A-ha-ha-ha since I already got most of the b-trax's :P
Triquatra I have them all on vinyl - and they havent been released on mp3 afaik.......

anyway for those of us without the shitty vinyl rips ;)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Hixxy.Official

theres his page! :P
JayHH86 That's gone from like five-hundred to almost a thousand in a couple of hours.

Wonder what the free track will be.

Samination something new unfortionally -.-
Triquatra aww, i hope not
latininxtc well free is free. if you don't like the track, just don't download it. personally I'd like to see jump pump as the freebie but we'll have to wait and see what it could be.
Triquatra its on his soundcloud now, its a bootleg of Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch
is it just me or does it sound a little distorted

still, like you say, free is free, very nice of him!
Samination 128kbps master? well I guess free is free, but getting raped doesnt feel nice, even for free :P
latininxtc
quote:
128kbps master? well I guess free is free, but getting raped doesnt feel nice, even for free :P

just saw the 128 that does suck a little, but i'm sure the non-dj fans will enjoy it.
Triquatra hehe i only noticed it was 128kbps, this explains what i was hearing :P
Samination it's clearly a track he didnt intend to sell
Triquatra I dunno dude - if he never intended to sell it, why only release it in 128kbps?

bootleg repercussions i guess :/
Thumpa He'll be giving loads of mixes away over the next few weeks!
Samination
quote:
I dunno dude - if he never intended to sell it, why only release it in 128kbps?

bootleg repercussions i guess :/

he still lives in 2004 :P
Revs I don't get why he acts like he's confused and doesn't understand how Facebook works, he's had Facebook for ages haha.

PS: I like De La Rush by the way :)
Hard2Get
quote:
128kbps master? well I guess free is free, but getting raped doesnt feel nice, even for free :P

Worst analogy ever. Also 128 kbps is fine, what difference does it make really?
Triquatra erm, sound quality, 192 vs 320 isnt that noticable
but you're talking 128 vs 192 which very noticable, you can hear the digital artifacts in the music, makes it sounds distrorted or perhaps more accurately "bitcrushed"

but yes - terrible analogy. it was free, and you didn't have to download it
Hard2Get
quote:
erm, sound quality, 192 vs 320 isnt that noticable
but you're talking 128 vs 192 which very noticable, you can hear the digital artifacts in the music, makes it sounds distrorted or perhaps more accurately "bitcrushed"

but yes - terrible analogy. it was free, and you didn't have to download it

It can do, but dosn't always. It depends on the encoder and the source quality. It will definately sound crap with a bad mp3 encoder. But 128 from the lame encoder sounds 'ok'. Could be better but not going to complain.
Triquatra you asked what difference it makes, you basically agreed with me ;)
Samination i had a track that I clearly could hear the vocals dissapear.

Exhile - Bounce, a track that appared on IMOdownload (funny enough). It was originally WMA 192, but I had no problems hearing the vocals (Well, he only did say Come on Bounce). When I mixed it, I saved the mix to 192 MP3, which slighly lowered the voice. To save space on my mp3 player, i re-encoded the mix to 128... What voice? IT was completly gone.

So yea, my analogue still works. It was Free, but it still rapes my ears, so I am deleting the file.
Hard2Get You have yourself a completely seperate issue there.
Samination oh, sorry, I thought you'd know when i was TROLLING
Triquatra hehe
DJ Hellfury I was about to ask if it happened but then I saw Technikore stating last year that Hixxy lost all tracks due to a hard drive failure...
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
I was about to ask if it happened but then I saw Technikore stating last year that Hixxy lost all tracks due to a hard drive failure...

Surely hixxy?s hard drive wasn?t the only place where all of these tracks were saved?
Guest to poor to buy a pioneer quad layer blu-ray drive and store 120GB for 1000 years

a single disc cost £70 and more then the drive on amazon
DJ Hellfury If Hixxy still has the DATs, it would be possible to get the tracks, but there is way more work behind it.

Technikores words were "He tragically lost everything in a hard drive backup accident a few years back mate.", on facebook, replying to Bad Corey
Guest still would have to pay the studio time to access the DAT tape, most people are all digital and have control surfaces for the DAW

play the DAT into a DAW and record each channel into a wav and zip it up, and put them on a blu-ray disc

to play it back on a modern digital mixer, is just some ASIO routing in the DAW, which is the input and output drop list on the mixer in FL Studio
DjZelous the last option would be just ripping the tracks from vinyl thats in mint condition
sebastianNL
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
the last option would be just ripping the tracks from vinyl thats in mint condition

yeah would be a good option. I would pay for that :)
Samination Which is friggin hard to do. If you dont mind a few crackles or pops that's fine, but Raverbaby's trackrecord with clean vinyls is quite spotty :P

Also, I guess it was a lie that he said that the tracks where all uploaded to various stores? I think he said that 10 years ago
Guest its not that hard, you just need some isopropyl alcohol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPA-100-1-LITRE-Lab-Grade-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Isopropanol-99-1L/141522873981?epid=1248739107&hash=item20f36bae7d:g:ACEAAOSwzrxUsbES

and some microfibre cloths

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIONAL-LARGE-MICROFIBRE-CLOTHS-CAR-CLEANING-DETAILING-SOFT-DUSTER-TOWEL/332287141621?hash=item4d5ddb66f5:m:mQc5y4ZZ-HGhMOmDIGnXf-w
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Which is friggin hard to do. If you dont mind a few crackles or pops that's fine, but Raverbaby's trackrecord with clean vinyls is quite spotty :P

Also, I guess it was a lie that he said that the tracks where all uploaded to various stores? I think he said that 10 years ago

As I mentioned in a previous post, I find it hard to believe that Hixxys hard drive was the only place where these tracks were stored. Given that the majority of the tunes on the label were not even produced by him, its a poor excuse.
Impulse_Response Recording them off the records is definitely a viable last resort, but that would be an insult to the superior quality of digital audio. I would pay for that, but I would still rather have digital originals if they can locate them.

Honestly I would rather own the records myself if the "digital" release is going to be done that way.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
its not that hard, you just need some isopropyl alcohol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPA-100-1-LITRE-Lab-Grade-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Isopropanol-99-1L/141522873981?epid=1248739107&hash=item20f36bae7d:g:ACEAAOSwzrxUsbES

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIONAL-LARGE-MICROFIBRE-CLOTHS-CAR-CLEANING-DETAILING-SOFT-DUSTER-TOWEL/332287141621?hash=item4d5ddb66f5:m:mQc5y4ZZ-HGhMOmDIGnXf-w

Yea... I'd love to dissolve my vinyl records to get them squeaky clean
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
its not that hard, you just need some isopropyl alcohol

Yea... I'd love to dissolve my vinyl records to get them squeaky clean

it won't dissolve anything, people have been using witch hazal for decades, its near enough the same thing, witch hassle is a few percent less pure

its practically witch hazal, without a touch of water and a fragrance to make it smell like roses or something so your mum can remove her eye liner
Samination I use that kind of shit at work, and I'm pretty sure that eats through rubber and plastic if you dont get it off properly. So no thanks. Now shuddup before I drown you in aceton
Bring Me Round To Love Hixxy, Styles & Breeze have them all, so they are not lost and most other big DJ's have them.

It's crazy to think that unless you are one of the few that do have the tracks or the top tier and wanted to do a classic UK Hardcore set from 01/05 you would have to use vinyl (nothing wrong with that) or a good vinyl rip.

On a different note it's a shame that we don't get to hear those German Hard Trance tunes Hixxy use to play in his sets in classic sets these days, technically speaking they was not Hardcore but still a big part of the scene in that time.
quote:
I use that kind of shit at work, and I'm pretty sure that eats through rubber and plastic if you dont get it off properly. So no thanks. Now shuddup before I drown you in aceton

no, its used to clean nearly everything, glass, phones, flesh cuts by the ambulance, womans makeup, vinyl records, wherever bleech will damage a surface

its why alot of cleaning products smell of alcohol.... it is alcohol
Guest google will tell you to use it when cleaning vinyl http://coloredvinylrecords.com/blog/how-to-clean-vinyl-records/
Elliott I came back to revive this meme. Hixxy has been promising Raver Baby digitals for at least as long as I've been in the scene and probably pushing 15 years now. It really is quite incredible how ****ing lazy he is. I mean, I get it, RB digitals aren't going to make enough money to make it worthwhile these days (as opposed to when he first announced them and about 7 years afterwards) but if you make a promise that many times over that many years, I think you should keep it.

The hard drive excuse is just another Pendulum "Ransom" situation: "**** you for liking my old stuff, you're a moron and you're not getting shit, but I'm not about to alienate 50% of my fanbase by being blunt so, uh, my hard drive failed.. That's something that happens, right? And artists totally don't make multiple backups of things that mean a lot to them, right? And also nobody else had the digital promos somehow and I didn't even produce most of the tracks so I shouldn't even have the master copy in the first place, uhhh, right guys?". Yeah, right. I have six.copies of all of my tunes and they're garbo compared to everything Hixxy's ever released (until circa 2012 anyway).

Fortunately, between Hixxy's half-assed effort with that HTID label and a bunch of leaked promos, probably more than >50% of RB digitals are out there somewhere. Unfortunately, the scene has contracted to the point where there's no obvious place for people who have those digitals and promos to share them. In this case, piracy seems totally justified: not only does Hixxy have seemingly no intent to ever make money on those tunes again, but there's a conservationist angle at play too because apparently those tunes are in dire existential straits, at risk of disappearing from the world completely and permanently at the whim of capricious modern tech.

I'm pretty sure I have almost everything on RB that was ever made available digitally (and some promos that weren't) but there's no way for me to take that further here, even if utilitarianism demands it.

Btw, hi, old friends. Hope you're all well. I'm not. Xx
Samination Yea, the harddrive fail didnt happen when he first promised the "mp3's were done and waiting to be uploaded" back in 2005.

Hi, and sad you're still feeling unwell :(

But I'd for a proper digital copy of Music Makers
Elliott
quote:
Yea, the harddrive fail didnt happen when he first promised the "mp3's were done and waiting to be uploaded" back in 2005.

Hi, and sad you're still feeling unwell :(

But I'd for a proper digital copy of Music Makers

Hello mate! Glad to see you're still around. Hope you're good!

Was it you who uploaded a bunch of B-Trax stuff on YT? You really helped me.out there: I bought the whole label on vinyl but just couldn't for the life of me get a setup for ripping that sounded even halfway decent. I still have those vinyls because they're pretty hard to shift. Wouldn't mind an upgrade on YT quality!

So it was 2005 he first started talking about it then? I was on those old HTID forums back in the day and I remember there was plenty of discussion about the digis back in like 2009 or whatever. My hardcore HDD is very poorly indexed and takes forever to search but I'll see if I somehow ended up with digital quality "Music Maker". It's surprising even to me how much RB I managed to get!
Elliott I just realised that with stuff that old it can be quite hard to tell whether something is a vinyl rip or not. Maybe my ears are just not accustomed to the pre-2005 stuff because it wasn't my favourite but I reckon I could A/B vinyl rips from 2008 with >95% accuracy.
Samination Yes, I uploaded the whole (released) B-trax backcat on youtube, and a few Cover Up.

Not even UFO have the Music Makers digitally, but then the guy had a harddrive crash too (I heard about this far, far before I ever heard that Hixxy had the same problem)
Archefluxx
quote:
Yes, I uploaded the whole (released) B-trax backcat on youtube, and a few Cover Up.

Not even UFO have the Music Makers digitally, but then the guy had a harddrive crash too (I heard about this far, far before I ever heard that Hixxy had the same problem)

UFO has been trying very hard to digitise his music, but it would suck if some was lost to a Hard drive crash.

Mr UFO, if you're reading this, try software called Recuva.

KFA got Saiyan in who has done a great job in modernising the label and pushing it forward. Hixxy needs someone to do it on his behalf too.
Alex Threat I would love to see this happen as there are so many great tunes. I own a load of the vinyl, but would love to have a full digital copy of this:

https://www.discogs.com/Hixxy-Styles-Hixxy-Styles-EP/release/720067

4 wicked tracks on this EP. I got it new back when it was released from IMO records i think
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
quote:
Yes, I uploaded the whole (released) B-trax backcat on youtube, and a few Cover Up.

UFO has been trying very hard to digitise his music, but it would suck if some was lost to a Hard drive crash.

KFA got Saiyan in who has done a great job in modernising the label and pushing it forward. Hixxy needs someone to do it on his behalf too.

Recuva doesn't help much if the harddrive is failing. Recuva is mostly made for accidentally deleted files, and if another file has already started popping up where the old files were, it's a dead end.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
I would love to see this happen as there are so many great tunes. I own a load of the vinyl, but would love to have a full digital copy of this:

4 wicked tracks on this EP. I got it new back when it was released from IMO records i think

Tantric already had a digital release
Alex Threat
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
I would love to see this happen as there are so many great tunes. I own a load of the vinyl, but would love to have a full digital copy of this:

Tantric already had a digital release

Yeah, I've got it. Shame it was only the last few vinyl releases (which weren't very good quality) that managed to make it out in a digital format
tenfold234
quote:
I came back to revive this meme. Hixxy has been promising Raver Baby digitals for at least as long as I've been in the scene and probably pushing 15 years now. It really is quite incredible how ****ing lazy he is. I mean, I get it, RB digitals aren't going to make enough money to make it worthwhile these days (as opposed to when he first announced them and about 7 years afterwards) but if you make a promise that many times over that many years, I think you should keep it.

The hard drive excuse is just another Pendulum "Ransom" situation: "**** you for liking my old stuff, you're a moron and you're not getting shit, but I'm not about to alienate 50% of my fanbase by being blunt so, uh, my hard drive failed.. That's something that happens, right? And artists totally don't make multiple backups of things that mean a lot to them, right? And also nobody else had the digital promos somehow and I didn't even produce most of the tracks so I shouldn't even have the master copy in the first place, uhhh, right guys?". Yeah, right. I have six.copies of all of my tunes and they're garbo compared to everything Hixxy's ever released (until circa 2012 anyway).

Fortunately, between Hixxy's half-assed effort with that HTID label and a bunch of leaked promos, probably more than >50% of RB digitals are out there somewhere. Unfortunately, the scene has contracted to the point where there's no obvious place for people who have those digitals and promos to share them. In this case, piracy seems totally justified: not only does Hixxy have seemingly no intent to ever make money on those tunes again, but there's a conservationist angle at play too because apparently those tunes are in dire existential straits, at risk of disappearing from the world completely and permanently at the whim of capricious modern tech.

I'm pretty sure I have almost everything on RB that was ever made available digitally (and some promos that weren't) but there's no way for me to take that further here, even if utilitarianism demands it.

Btw, hi, old friends. Hope you're all well. I'm not. Xx

Yeah Ive never bought into the "hard drive" crash excuse much. I have a hard time believing that one of the biggest labels of the time did not have multiple copies of masters given out on CD to a multitude of DJ's out there. I mean yes we heard about Hixxy and UFO HD crashes but Raverbaby had Styles, Breeze, Dowster, Uprise, Re-con to name a few. And that doesn't include the list of non-RB artists that more than likely got promos like Scott Brown, Sy, Unknown, Brisk, Ham, Gammer, Dougal and so on and so on. So yeah its up to Hixxy to decide how the music gets officially released, but don't tell me that he had the only copies in existance of these tunes.

Also a crack at remastering Vinyl would not be a bad idea either. If the digital masters are indeed lost to time.

And this could be for any label, not just Raverbaby.
9oh9 Some of the times I've seen the hard disk crash referred to has been to do with the parts of the tracks that'd be needed for remixes, e.g. original vocals etc. Entirely believable that those might be missing. I'd have thought that there'd be some promo CD-Rs kicking around with digital versions of most of the tracks on somewhere surely.
Archefluxx
quote:
quote:
quote:

Recuva doesn't help much if the harddrive is failing. Recuva is mostly made for accidentally deleted files, and if another file has already started popping up where the old files were, it's a dead end.

It's helped me save files from healthy sections of a drive if other partitions are preventing regular access.

Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's helped me save files from healthy sections of a drive if other partitions are preventing regular access.

Sadly, I never had that luck :(

Unreadable disks = no way recuva can access them
Elliott
quote:
quote:

Hello mate! Good to see you again. How's things? :)
I meant to add you on FB ages ago after our chat on SC but this year has been a disaster for me on every single level and I completely lost the plot. I was looking forward to it as well.
Thumpa RB stuff I have digitally, either off Hixxy or UFO

Sky Diving
You're Shining
Breaka
Connections
Sonic
Back 2 The Old Skool
Taking Me Higher
The Theme
I Adore
You're My Angel
Getting Better
Heaven In My Heart
Punk
plus 5/6 more

Loads I've not got, would love the 2001 stuff digitally.

Hixxy, UFO, Breeze, Styles, Dougal will 100% have wavs on a CD somewhere in a CD wallet, they could make a shit load of money if they did a double CD or something with all the classics on plus a mix, I'm not sure why it hasn't been done to be honest...there's money to be made.
Alex Threat
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
RB stuff I have digitally, either off Hixxy or UFO

Sky Diving
You're Shining
Breaka
Connections
Sonic
Back 2 The Old Skool
Taking Me Higher
The Theme
I Adore
You're My Angel
Getting Better
Heaven In My Heart
Punk
plus 5/6 more

Hixxy, UFO, Breeze, Styles, Dougal will 100% have wavs on a CD somewhere in a CD wallet, they could make a shit load of money if they did a double CD or something with all the classics on plus a mix, I'm not sure why it hasn't been done to be honest...there's money to be made.

Wouldn't mind all of those in my collection. Yeah i agree, would be an excellent idea to be fair and something i would definitely be interested in buying!
Luz1978 I agree, a lot of people would like the opportunity to get hold of the RB back catalogue digitally and would pay a fair price.

The MoS album released last year was an example of how not to do this though, the versions included in the download I bought on iTunes were all short edits, really disappointing.
tenfold234 Well I know at least UFO has some of his RB stuff digitally because I saw him play it off his controller/CDJ setup he has during his facebook stream back at the end of November.

He played is remix of Deep Inside (not the New infinity version), Breaka, New Years Day. So I know hes at least has his stuff. I am hoping he plans on releasing this on Ufology. I was able to get Breaka and Hardcore off IMO years ago. Deep Inside and NYD still nothing though
Brainchild
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
RB stuff I have digitally, either off Hixxy or UFO

Sky Diving
You're Shining
Breaka
Connections
Sonic
Back 2 The Old Skool
Taking Me Higher
The Theme
I Adore
You're My Angel
Getting Better
Heaven In My Heart
Punk
plus 5/6 more

To add to this, Hixxy has used some of his tracks on the 100% Clubland Hardcore last year or the year before which included the unreleased remix of Welcome which I think was also featured on the first Clubland Hardcore Xtreme album. So he obviously has access to his back catalogue in some form or another.

Dougal kinda made some of his music available recently but still loads of it isn't up online. It's really very much bits and pieces.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Dougal kinda made some of his music available recently but still loads of it isn't up online. It's really very much bits and pieces.

Yea, dougal sold his EPP2002 backcat to PMI Dance, the same guys who had the Resist/React stuff once, or still do
Brainchild Did he sell them the back catalogue of his 90s stuff as well as they seem to have put up some of that as well, though I also noted that a couple of tracks weren?t from the Essential Platinum label such as Ham & DNA ?About U? and E-Logic & DNA ?Bridge over Troubled Water?. I guess the label isn?t important to Dougal anymore as he seems to just release his stuff on other peoples labels instead.
9oh9 I can see why Dougal would release on other labels TBH, it's not like Essential Platinum has youtube/instagram/facebook pages with thousands of people following, which is where the value of a label is these days.
9oh9 And as Thumpa said, if I were in their position I'd have done a CD or download pack release by now; fewer and fewer people are going to be interested as time goes on. Good to know that there are digital copies of some tracks floating around at least.
Samination Yea, in a similar way to what CDJay said about preservation, the longer you wait, less successful will the recovery progress become.
Luz1978
quote:
quote:

Yea, dougal sold his EPP2002 backcat to PMI Dance, the same guys who had the Resist/React stuff once, or still do

Is this the EP stuff on beat port? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything!!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Luz1978:
quote:
quote:

Is this the EP stuff on beat port? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything!!

if its the recently uploaded stuff, then yea, its those
carldj90
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luz1978:
quote:
quote:

if its the recently uploaded stuff, then yea, its those

Hey Samination are you saying there are RB things on beatport? could you link any of it? I don't really feel like going through this whole topic atm :)

ah the EP stuff..i did see it got updated with some new tunes while others got taken down.
Brainchild There are a good few tracks from EP missing and I wonder if there are legal obstacles preventing them from getting released digitally. I could see the same thing happening with any Raver Baby releases as a number of them were remixes of Clubland tracks.
Impulse_Response
quote:
There are a good few tracks from EP missing and I wonder if there are legal obstacles preventing them from getting released digitally. I could see the same thing happening with any Raver Baby releases as a number of them were remixes of Clubland tracks.

Yeah I can't get a hold of the other mix of Sunrise. Just the Dougal & Gammer mix I bought when TrackItDown was a functioning website.

I hope all the RB stuff is released eventually.
Samination yea, I thinks quicker tyo ask Deejay Bee or Overflow about the original mix of Sunrize
Gazza1712 Firstly am I right in thinking hixxy owns the rights to the force and styles back catalogue? And is involved in sorting out the force and styles album that is going digital?
If that is successful which I think it will be you would think he would get his ass in gear and do the same with raver baby.

Secondly I actually can never see it happening though because even when hixxy was putting out the raver baby vinyl releases he was terrible with his release schedule, some tracks were 2 years or more old before they got a vinyl release. He doesn?t even release any of his new tracks digitally and can?t even stick to doing a monthly show on rinse fm so can?t ever see him doing it.

I?ve asked him about this loads of times like the majority of people have and not just about raver baby releases other bits like his new tracks and he always says the same old shit yeah they are coming, got a new label lined up to put em out on bla bla bla.
Samination Yes. The joke about how long it would take for the digital versions of RB will come out didnt originally come from itself. I don't know how it was before RB, but quite a lot of RB vinyls took a long time to come out.
The drunken scotsman Yes, I think a lot of people are looking for reasons why this hasnt happened yet and as far as I can see it is very obviously down to one person and that is Hixxy. He was always fecking useless at running the label and was always full of shit when questioned about releases.

As has been mentioned, tunes were often over 2 years old by the time they were released (if they ever got released in the first place). Back in those days, with the amount of quality tunes getting made every month and played out at raves, it was difficult to get too excited about ?new? raverbaby releases as they would be so old by the time you got your hands on them. Compare that to the likes of Quosh, evolution and Essential platinum who had regular releases then it was a ****ing shambles. It improved a lot when all of the producers started their own labels; Junkbox, Futureworld, Twista etc.

I think Hixxy has the power to do this but quite simply he cant be bothered and that has probably been the case the whole time. I had a glimmer of hope that the lockdown might be our best chance of getting these but it looks like that was wishful thinking too. Hixxy should never have been the one to lead such an important label for the scene.

I actually bought rips of the whole Raverbaby catalogue online for a tenner a couple of months ago. Some of the quality isnt great but Ive accepted that its as close as Im ever going to get to having the catalogue in digital form.
Brainchild I think the only reason Hixxy has allowed the Force & Styles back catalogue to be made available in a digital format - whether that is some really limited edition bundle or hopefully widely available on download shops we will have to wait and see - is that Hixxy didn't actually need to be involved. Once he handed over the DATS which apparently were stored in his loft, Force took the reigns and is doing all the remastering work.

I remember real early on in the Raver Baby life, there was a website either run by Hixxy or on his behalf. They had the expected first 20 or so Raver Baby planned releases and some of the tracks on that schedule were things like the remix of My Way that featured on Bonkers 8. The fact so many tracks were never released is pretty appalling.

I think the only time Hixxy ever managed to get his act together was with the release of the B-Trax records which along with Undercover seemed to be pretty much every track from Bonkers 7 and then some. There must be so much unreleased tracks by Hixxy over the decades.
Gazza1712 Yeah all he seems to have done in lockdown is had forcey round to go through and sort all the dats out from u.k dance, and not sorted any raver baby back catalogue stuff out, obviously he has another career away from music aswell that he is busy with also,
and like you say that is the reason people started up labels like junkbox, twista, futureworld etc because they were sick of getting asked about when releases were coming out and not having an answer, and wanting to get there stuff released.
I?ve spoke to ufo a few times this year and asked him about raver baby digi releases and other bits aswell from hixxy. He said what we all know. That there was a hard drive problem but hixxy is bad at getting his ass in gear.

I also remember when sy was mixing the bonkers album, the one where his mix was the best of bonkers 1-7 albums and he didn?t have all the vinyl and was waiting for weeks for hixxy to sort the vinyls out of the ones sy didn?t have and by the time they turned up sy had to get the mix done in one take and didn?t have much time to prepare.
This sums up Hixxy. So not sure why we expect anything different really, we all live in hope though.!
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Yeah all he seems to have done in lockdown is had forcey round to go through and sort all the dats out from u.k dance, and not sorted any raver baby back catalogue stuff out, obviously he has another career away from music aswell that he is busy with also,
and like you say that is the reason people started up labels like junkbox, twista, futureworld etc because they were sick of getting asked about when releases were coming out and not having an answer, and wanting to get there stuff released.
I?ve spoke to ufo a few times this year and asked him about raver baby digi releases and other bits aswell from hixxy. He said what we all know. That there was a hard drive problem but hixxy is bad at getting his ass in gear.

I also remember when sy was mixing the bonkers album, the one where his mix was the best of bonkers 1-7 albums and he didn?t have all the vinyl and was waiting for weeks for hixxy to sort the vinyls out of the ones sy didn?t have and by the time they turned up sy had to get the mix done in one take and didn?t have much time to prepare.
This sums up Hixxy. So not sure why we expect anything different really, we all live in hope though.!

What other career does he have?
LeVzi Only gotta look at the fat bastard to see how fking lazy he is.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Only gotta look at the fat bastard to see how fking lazy he is.

Lol true.
Samination
quote:

I think the only time Hixxy ever managed to get his act together was with the release of the B-Trax records which along with Undercover seemed to be pretty much every track from Bonkers 7 and then some. There must be so much unreleased tracks by Hixxy over the decades.

You mean "Cover Up", not Undercover, right? :P

Music I love: Realestate
Brainchild
quote:
quote:

You mean "Cover Up", not Undercover, right? :P

Music I love: Realestate

Yeah that's the name. Couldn't think of it when I wrote that.

The unfortunate problem is there are a huge number of labels from the either never made their music available digitally, or they did on websites like IMO Download and Trackitdown and they are no longer available. It does seem that a lot of DJs aren't too concerned with making their previous work easily accessible to purchase.
Gazza1712 I asked him again on the helter skelter Facebook page about his tracks going digital and he replied saying once the force and styles album is out he has something similar planned for the back end of 2021 with his own tracks. Make of that what you will.
Brainchild
quote:
I asked him again on the helter skelter Facebook page about his tracks going digital and he replied saying once the force and styles album is out he has something similar planned for the back end of 2021 with his own tracks. Make of that what you will.

Knowing Hixxy, he actually meant 2077, the same year Cyberpunk will be playable. He's never going to get his back catalogue released. I am sure everything he has produced going all the way back to when he started is remastered for DJ use already. So there's really no reason it would take him so long to get it all up after the Force & Styles album.

Saying that, the idea of Force & Styles tracks being an album worries me slightly. I hope that doesn't mean it's some kind of limited edition CD release. I want it to be properly available as wav/MP3 to purchase without some kind of restrictions that could cause people to lose out on getting it.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
I asked him again on the helter skelter Facebook page about his tracks going digital and he replied saying once the force and styles album is out he has something similar planned for the back end of 2021 with his own tracks. Make of that what you will.

He is clearly one of those types that believes his own ********. If you lie to yourself it makes it much easier to lie to others.
tenfold234
quote:
Saying that, the idea of Force & Styles tracks being an album worries me slightly. I hope that doesn't mean it's some kind of limited edition CD release. I want it to be properly available as wav/MP3 to purchase without some kind of restrictions that could cause people to lose out on getting it.

Unfortunetly that seems to be way hardcore is going these days with back catalogs/albums people want. I mean look at whats been done already:

-Ham 100 and 94+
-This is Powerstomp 3
-Remastered Lethal Theory and Joey Riot stuff
-Kevin Energy Universal Energy
-Nu Energy Collective Back Catalog
-JAL back catalog
-All of Rebuild's albums

And I am sure more to follow. It seems other than a few labels, limited and expensive seems to be way the scene is going for the things we really want. So someone who has recently discovered something through a mix or whatnot may or may not be able to get said tracks because of the exclusivity of being in the "in crowd" that was there at the time to sign up for something quickly.

I have already ran into this with the Ham 94+. By the time I knew of the project's existance (i.e. through Brisk dropping one of the new tunes on his show, the chance to buy anything had past). Same with the 100 album, the chance to get it was long gone.

Instead of just giving some future chances to get some stuff. At least Kevin Energy was good for that as I was able to pick up Universal Energy from his store after the Kickstarter had closed. I wish Joey Riot would do the same for Powerstomp 3 but fat chance that is going to happen.

I never understood exclusivity and limited time. Then they wonder why piracy will always be an issue. Make shit available all the time so the rest of when we get a chance to buy something have the ability to
Samination What did the 94+ album contain?
tenfold234 It was a 4 track EP that was released exclusively if you were on his mailing list (I didn't know he had one). It consisted of 4 tunes in the '94 breakbeat hardcore style but updated using Ham's style. Which based one the 1 tune I heard "We Don't Need Sleep" that Brisk dropped on his show back in Jan of this year I really missed out. Wicked tune indeed. It was still pricey (20 pounds or 15 if u bought the 100 album). Still I think I could have parted with 20 pounds for some wicked tunage.

He was planning on releasing the EP on Spotify back in June but that didn't happen.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by tenfold234:
It was a 4 track EP that was released exclusively if you were on his mailing list (I didn't know he had one). It consisted of 4 tunes in the '94 breakbeat hardcore style but updated using Ham's style. Which based one the 1 tune I heard "We Don't Need Sleep" that Brisk dropped on his show back in Jan of this year I really missed out. Wicked tune indeed. It was still pricey (20 pounds or 15 if u bought the 100 album). Still I think I could have parted with 20 pounds for some wicked tunage.

He was planning on releasing the EP on Spotify back in June but that didn't happen.

Also came with all the stems for the producers.
AWal
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:

I got stems for 100.

You got stems for 94+? I didn't...
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by AWal:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:

I got stems for 100.

You got stems for 94+? I didn't...

Yep!

Although I didn't use them. I hate stems. I'd rather a pack with the vocals, breaks, stabs, midi etc.
Not a load of 5 minute long files with all the drums in one stem, vocals in the next, the musical bits in another, effects in another etc. Alright for rearranging the track but that's it.
Triquatra *checks watch*
Samination

It took 6.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page