My Area
Register
Donate
Help
FAQ
About us
Links
Articles
Competitions
Interviews
About HHC.com DJs
T-shirts and merchandise
Profile
Register
Active Topics
Topic Stats
Members
Search
Bookmarks
Add event
Label search
Artist search
Release / Track search

Raver's online
 Total online 302
 Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

  Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Darren Styles - Quiver (Release: 26.09.2019)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed
   
Message Icon:
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

 
Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.
     
T O P I C     R E V I E W
PatrickTheSaint Track is now available on Spotify, and most likely on other platforms SOON? too.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6gfdc0sgLQvolZteBTRCDY

FYI: This release contains a new version of the classic track.
MusicILove So happy I love this track.
Thanks for posting I don?t check his Facebook anymore but I shall start doing so from now.
The drunken scotsman Really dont get this one. He was playing it well over 2 years ago and it was shite then, why all the fuss about it now? The tune itself is Screwface which is older still (2011 I think?).

Maybe im missing something but why all the hype about an old tune with a poor vocal pasted over it? The kind of thing that Klubfiller would come out with.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Really dont get this one. He was playing it well over 2 years ago and it was shite then, why all the fuss about it now? The tune itself is Screwface which is older still (2011 I think?).

Maybe im missing something but why all the hype about an old tune with a poor vocal pasted over it? The kind of thing that Klubfiller would come out with.



I'm guessing i won't like this track.
MusicILove I love it. I can?t say why I just do. Wanted it for years. I?m really hoping this leads to those newer versions of Come Running and Save Me coming out. Oh and that Sure Feels Good Update.
MusicILove And that Getting Better update. I want that as well.
MusicILove And that Lifeline track.
I really enjoyed most Together We Rise releases. I think if they would of stuck to that sound Hardcore would be in a better place today.
The drunken scotsman When TWR were putting our regular releases I thought hardcore was back with a bang and that things would continue to improve following a few years of shite. Alas it was not to be and the downward spiral went on and on until I lost interest completely
MusicILove Devastated.
Whats that crap. There was me thinking he was going to release it but instead he takes a track he knows loads of people want and do this to it. Hoping all of his old hardcore fans won't listen before buying and his new fans will think it's great.

Well I'm not that stupid.

Be warned people

DON'T BUY THIS


BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Impulse_Response I don't know what's wrong but it won't let me play it. Screw streaming.
MusicILove
Impulse_Response Looks like a region lock. I'll need to switch my VPN on to hear it.

Edit: What a piece of garbage. That wasn't worth the time it took to connect to London.
LeVzi That is utter gash.
Samination well the vocals are all right, until she starts to say just quiver... or QUIVAH
Mansy What the hell is going on! No doubt that goes off on the dance floor and people think its amazing!
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:




I only lasted a minute. That's not Hardcore. It's basically chart music at 170bpm.


I'm sure main stream folk will like that, but it does nothing for me.
MusicILove It?s not 170. The original was much better. When I?m well enough to get to the computer I?m going to make my own version using what?s out there. (I know someone has already done it but they made downloading difficult) I?ll put it up for people who want it.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
It?s not 170. The original was much better. When I?m well enough to get to the computer I?m going to make my own version using what?s out there. (I know someone has already done it but they made downloading difficult) I?ll put it up for people who want it.



I didn't listen to it kick in. It's certainly not my cup of tea.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
It?s not 170. The original was much better. When I?m well enough to get to the computer I?m going to make my own version using what?s out there. (I know someone has already done it but they made downloading difficult) I?ll put it up for people who want it.



Why not save yourself the hassle and just play screwface instead. Thats shite as well but slightly less shite than Quiver, as it doesnt have that awful vocal section.
MusicILove I like the vocal part.
Si Thompson Give me stuff like this over anything he does today.


kazukism92 Finally, listened the track due Region Lock. But is Screwface, but is 160 Hardstyle a la Electric Fox style with vocals.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
I like the vocal part.



Pay Wagner from the X factor to sing it for you and send you the recording. Think he only charges a tenner these days.
Karvo It's ok imo

I do wish he'd have used his Punchy Bass patch though. (The one used in Party Don't Stop).
Reverse Bass does pump nicely but is everyone gonna start using it now?
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Karvo:
It's ok imo

I do wish he'd have used his Punchy Bass patch though. (The one used in Party Don't Stop).
Reverse Bass does pump nicely but is everyone gonna start using it now?



LOL. Reverse bass has been used for years. I was using it in 2011/12.
Craig Cairney Had a listen and my reaction to it was what I expected. Meh!! People seem to lap this s*** up though so each to their own. That style(s) just bores me to tears.

Think I'll just listen to the track Si Thompson posted and remember the good ol' days.
LeVzi My fav D Styles track



One i would enjoy even today. awesome break tbh. And I still love Mary Kiani's voice to bits.
LeVzi Then I happened to stumble on Styles live at Tomorrowland 2018, and reminds me why I normally hate hardcore these days, absolute gaycore.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
My fav D Styles track



One i would enjoy even today. awesome break tbh. And I still love Mary Kiani's voice to bits.



That is an all time great. Pure nostalgia.

I was always a huge fan of Styles even up until a few years ago but I just can?t get into anything he is making these days.
LeVzi Obviously with Force he was immense, they made some of my all time fav tracks, but on his own, not a fan. Apart from Taking me Higher and Skydiving (Minus the vocal)

The scene shifted far too into the pop music world for my liking and seeing him on stage at Clubland singing just made my skin crawl and kinda made me think how the fk did we get here from warehouse raves and shit like that.

Answer = money.
MusicILove I remember these how awful. I love most hardcore up until they started the awful noises and nothing drops so around 2016. Thats also where hardcore lost some of it's kick and bass as well. I wasn't a fan of the Dubcore era but it was ok in small doses.

djDMS Just listen to Karthy's remix of Screwface, infinitely better than any other version or update.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Had a listen and my reaction to it was what I expected. Meh!! People seem to lap this s*** up though so each to their own. That style(s) just bores me to tears.

Think I'll just listen to the track Si Thompson posted and remember the good ol' days.



I agree with you 100%.
Craigavon raver Actually seen this pop up on my youtube home page a few times, but didn't listen to it! think i'll have to give it a listen now giving the reactions to see what I make of it! lol
SparkzMusic It's pure fking crap. Simple as.

All it is, is cashing in and selling out.




There is a mainstream audience out there and all his stuff now is trying to go a bit "harder" than mainstream and classing it as a genre (happy hardcore).


Happy Hardcore - Nabbed a lot of 80's synth sounds, vocals and early 90's hoovers with a bit of dutch influence.

UK Hardcore - Nabbed a bit of "happy hardcore", lots of trance influences though.

Happy Hardcore (2019) - Nicked loads of modern day pop music sounds (Influences taken from dickheads like "William" (I'm not a spastic, so I won't spell William with a few dots placed in) ).
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
It's pure fking crap. Simple as.

All it is, is cashing in and selling out.




There is a mainstream audience out there and all his stuff now is trying to go a bit "harder" than mainstream and classing it as a genre (happy hardcore).


Happy Hardcore - Nabbed a lot of 80's synth sounds, vocals and early 90's hoovers with a bit of dutch influence.

UK Hardcore - Nabbed a bit of "happy hardcore", lots of trance influences though.

Happy Hardcore (2019) - Nicked loads of modern day pop music sounds (Influences taken from dickheads like "William" (I'm not a spastic, so I won't spell William with a few dots placed in) ).



Oh my god that?s amazing.
Is there an extended version.
I must have this.
SparkzMusic
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
It's pure fking crap. Simple as.

All it is, is cashing in and selling out.




There is a mainstream audience out there and all his stuff now is trying to go a bit "harder" than mainstream and classing it as a genre (happy hardcore).


Happy Hardcore - Nabbed a lot of 80's synth sounds, vocals and early 90's hoovers with a bit of dutch influence.

UK Hardcore - Nabbed a bit of "happy hardcore", lots of trance influences though.

Happy Hardcore (2019) - Nicked loads of modern day pop music sounds (Influences taken from dickheads like "William" (I'm not a spastic, so I won't spell William with a few dots placed in) ).



Oh my god that?s amazing.
Is there an extended version.
I must have this.





That's it sadly. The person who did it kept it quite low key. I was sent each export over MSN back in the day and only revealed the name of the person who did it to 3 people, when I was completely wasted.


This is an early draft instrumental I was sent back then before they sung the vocals. It's how long it was meant to be but the person decided to just fade into the main vocals for the finished track rather than have an intro drag on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1x6ifnowo1i0y0v/PilesPay1.mp3/file


MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
It's pure fking crap. Simple as.

All it is, is cashing in and selling out.




There is a mainstream audience out there and all his stuff now is trying to go a bit "harder" than mainstream and classing it as a genre (happy hardcore).


Happy Hardcore - Nabbed a lot of 80's synth sounds, vocals and early 90's hoovers with a bit of dutch influence.

UK Hardcore - Nabbed a bit of "happy hardcore", lots of trance influences though.

Happy Hardcore (2019) - Nicked loads of modern day pop music sounds (Influences taken from dickheads like "William" (I'm not a spastic, so I won't spell William with a few dots placed in) ).



Oh my god that?s amazing.
Is there an extended version.
I must have this.





That's it sadly. The person who did it kept it quite low key. I was sent each export over MSN back in the day and only revealed the name of the person who did it to 3 people, when I was completely wasted.


This is an early draft instrumental I was sent back then before they sung the vocals. It's how long it was meant to be but the person decided to just fade into the main vocals for the finished track rather than have an intro drag on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1x6ifnowo1i0y0v/PilesPay1.mp3/file





Thanks do you know if there is a higher quality version of the vocal one around so I can merge it with the instrumental?
The YouTube one is quite compressed
SparkzMusic
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
It's pure fking crap. Simple as.

All it is, is cashing in and selling out.




There is a mainstream audience out there and all his stuff now is trying to go a bit "harder" than mainstream and classing it as a genre (happy hardcore).


Happy Hardcore - Nabbed a lot of 80's synth sounds, vocals and early 90's hoovers with a bit of dutch influence.

UK Hardcore - Nabbed a bit of "happy hardcore", lots of trance influences though.

Happy Hardcore (2019) - Nicked loads of modern day pop music sounds (Influences taken from dickheads like "William" (I'm not a spastic, so I won't spell William with a few dots placed in) ).



Oh my god that?s amazing.
Is there an extended version.
I must have this.





That's it sadly. The person who did it kept it quite low key. I was sent each export over MSN back in the day and only revealed the name of the person who did it to 3 people, when I was completely wasted.


This is an early draft instrumental I was sent back then before they sung the vocals. It's how long it was meant to be but the person decided to just fade into the main vocals for the finished track rather than have an intro drag on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1x6ifnowo1i0y0v/PilesPay1.mp3/file





Thanks do you know if there is a higher quality version of the vocal one around so I can merge it with the instrumental?
The YouTube one is quite compressed




https://www.mediafire.com/file/vj0eorb0x6amk1s/PilesPay2.mp3/file

Thats the final export I have. I have the acapella too but it's on another hard drive somewhere in a shed at another property.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
It's pure fking crap. Simple as.

All it is, is cashing in and selling out.




There is a mainstream audience out there and all his stuff now is trying to go a bit "harder" than mainstream and classing it as a genre (happy hardcore).


Happy Hardcore - Nabbed a lot of 80's synth sounds, vocals and early 90's hoovers with a bit of dutch influence.

UK Hardcore - Nabbed a bit of "happy hardcore", lots of trance influences though.

Happy Hardcore (2019) - Nicked loads of modern day pop music sounds (Influences taken from dickheads like "William" (I'm not a spastic, so I won't spell William with a few dots placed in) ).



Oh my god that?s amazing.
Is there an extended version.
I must have this.





That's it sadly. The person who did it kept it quite low key. I was sent each export over MSN back in the day and only revealed the name of the person who did it to 3 people, when I was completely wasted.


This is an early draft instrumental I was sent back then before they sung the vocals. It's how long it was meant to be but the person decided to just fade into the main vocals for the finished track rather than have an intro drag on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1x6ifnowo1i0y0v/PilesPay1.mp3/file





Thanks do you know if there is a higher quality version of the vocal one around so I can merge it with the instrumental?
The YouTube one is quite compressed




https://www.mediafire.com/file/vj0eorb0x6amk1s/PilesPay2.mp3/file

Thats the final export I have. I have the acapella too but it's on another hard drive somewhere in a shed at another property.


Thank you so much :) I'm going to make a full version of it.
I really do love this forum.

It took 2.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

    

1999 - 2020 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page