Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Synths used by Force and Styles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Royzourboy Hey hey, another thread about Force and Styles!!

This was gonna be a thread asking about the pad used in the intro to Follow Me, but in order to keep me from coming back making more threads about the stuff they used, I figured I'd just make a general request for whatever synths they used.

If anyone knows any of the synths or pads and could name them off for me, that'd be super rad.
At the very least, though, I'd love to know the name of the pad from Follow Me and the synth used at the very beginning and throughout All Systems Go. (It's also used in another one of their songs that I like but I can't remember which one :/ )
Thanks so much!
Hard2Get The one in Follow Me is from the JV1080/2080 (might not be on the 1080 without expanding it. I don't remember). If you mean the synth i mean you do, then the one used throughout All Systems Go is just a distorted saw. Although I've no idea what synth they used, but it will be that and the distortion used that makes it sound the way it does.
Captain Triceps Is the 'other' tune you mention Eurobounce?
DJ_FunDaBounce If its the buzzy synth at the beginning you're talking about, it also made an appearance in Eurobounce and Heart of Gold. As for the happy stab, sounds like some sort of sampled chord. could really be any synth from which a chord was played and sampled.

They definitely used Alpha Juno for the hoovers and piano is Korg M1 (from which other sounds may have been used). Also, the electric guitar chords in heart of gold were from E-MU Orbit.
Royzourboy
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Is the 'other' tune you mention Eurobounce?

YES, THANKS!

Thanks for the help so far! Does anyone know the one at 0:22 in All Systems Go? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3j0M0STpLA

EDIT: Oh, and the synth horn-ish things from Wonderland. I've found so many close ones but nothing exactly right.
Hard2Get The synth at 0:22 is just a sample. No idea where it originally came from though! But it's a very widely used sample. Or was.
quote:
EDIT: Oh, and the synth horn-ish things from Wonderland. I've found so many close ones but nothing exactly right.

Probably the M1 or something similar (sample based). It's not a sound most people would want to copy!
Royzourboy
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
The synth at 0:22 is just a sample. No idea where it originally came from though! But it's a very widely used sample. Or was.
quote:

Probably the M1 or something similar (sample based). It's not a sound most people would want to copy!

Ugh! Time to do some digging.

I had a feeling. My closest results came from the M1.
Haha, I love the sound!
Hard2Get Presumably, regarding the sample, there would have been a sample CD that everyone used. An excellent example of such a usage of that sample is in Set You Free by N-Trance. You could perhaps ask Kev O Toole (producer) where he got the sample from. He's probably a lot closer to the source than anyone in the Hardcore scene. And then you'd be somewhat closer to finding out what synth it was sampled from. On the other hand i might be wrong and the source may be something different.
Royzourboy
quote:
Presumably, regarding the sample, there would have been a sample CD that everyone used. An excellent example of such a usage of that sample is in Set You Free by N-Trance. You could perhaps ask Kev O Toole (producer) where he got the sample from. He's probably a lot closer to the source than anyone in the Hardcore scene. And then you'd be somewhat closer to finding out what synth it was sampled from. On the other hand i might be wrong and the source may be something different.

Awesome! I was just about to ask if you had any tips on how I'd go about finding it! Thanks duder :)

EDIT: If you know the best way I can get a hold of him, send me a link in PM. ^-^
If anyone else has any tips, they're much appreciated :)
Hard2Get
quote:
EDIT: If you know the best way I can get a hold of him, send me a link in PM. ^-^

No need to PM. I don't have any specific answer. He used to moderate and post on the AATW forum so could ask by posting there but it doesn't exist anymore. I'm assuming he can be contacted on facebook though!
Royzourboy
quote:
quote:

No need to PM. I don't have any specific answer. He used to moderate and post on the AATW forum so could ask by posting there but it doesn't exist anymore. I'm assuming he can be contacted on facebook though!

Alright, thanks dude.

Opening this thread again. Still looking for the stab in All Systems Go.
I spent forever trying to get a hold of X-Static Goldmine Vol.1 hoping it might be in there, and it wasn't. Or at least I couldn't find it, and I tore through that thing.
I found a sample-able version in Panic by Force Mass Motion, but it's a little cruddy. It'll do for now, but if anyone either HAS this sample or can tell me what CD it came from, I'd be so happy. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, Hard2Get, do you know what patch the Follow Me synth is? I listened to a shitload of patches on the 2080 and haven't touched the 1080 much yet, but I've probably listened to 2/3 of the 2080 patches and haven't found it. :/
Hard2Get There is a really bad sound quality low pitch version in this set of stab samples:
http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/W0voIWJ5/file.html
Although it's not the exact same version as the one you want.
Royzourboy
quote:
There is a really bad sound quality low pitch version in this set of stab samples:

Ahh hell yeah.
It's better than the one I've got, so thanks. :)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Royzourboy:
quote:
There is a really bad sound quality low pitch version in this set of stab samples:

Ahh hell yeah.

Lol that one must be pretty bad then!
Royzourboy
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ahh hell yeah.

Lol that one must be pretty bad then!

It's certainly not the best lol
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Is the 'other' tune you mention Eurobounce?

YES, THANKS!

Thanks for the help so far! Does anyone know the one at 0:22 in All Systems Go? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3j0M0STpLA

I have that exact horn sample from 'Wonderland'.
MusicILove I love the Patch they used for the beginning of Frankies Lead. Does anyone know where it?s from?
I LOVE the Korg M1 House Piano patch.
I could listen to that thing all day.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:

That patch alone is worth the purchase of the vst.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
I love the Patch they used for the beginning of Frankies Lead. Does anyone know where it?s from?

dunno the exact origin but it sounds like an easy patch to recreate.

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:

I like the patches 'Magic Mallet' and 'Universe'.
MusicILove
quote:
quote:

Yeah it was the main reason I brought it. shame that by default they put so much reverb on it. Had to google how to disable it.
Si Thompson
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah it was the main reason I brought it. shame that by default they put so much reverb on it. Had to google how to disable it.

I actually like some of the reverb-ed patches on there.

Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually like some of the reverb-ed patches on there.

I mostly take the reverb off. I don't want to be doubling up on reverbs.
Jonny Rich What about the frankies lead melody... Anyone know what the sound was made on.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Rich:
What about the frankies lead melody... Anyone know what the sound was made on.

It's just a processed saw wave.
LeVzi The synths in Simply Electric and Fireworks interest me.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
The synths in Simply Electric and Fireworks interest me.

https://youtu.be/UTTRgElpX-w

the sync lead at 2:34 sounds to me like a novation basstation with maybe a bit of distortion.
Had one myself around the time the track came out.

It took 2.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page