Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Like A Phoenix - Feedback Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Thumpa Copies are now flying out all over the world to 50+ countries! There's a handful of copies left, first 50 went out yesterday and the rest are going this week.

Who's got feedback? Good or bad, it's all welcome!

Copies still available - http://rebuildmusic.com
Samination Feedback, already?

Okey then. It's not getting here fast enough!
Mad Max Love it and love you.
DJ D-Luc-D Got mine yesterday. Some things to say:

- Disc 1 isn't great to be honest. The Inspector Sands/CLSM/Dave Skywalker/Ganah tracks are pretty cool, and Comes From Within is insane, but otherwise didn't really feel anything else.
- Disc 2 and Disc 3 are pretty much great bar a few OK-ish tracks (i.e. Riko, Hyped, Technical Difficulties etc.)
- Lost In The Music is TOO GOOD
- The Lost Faith remixes are GOOD (any reason why Eufeion decided to use a new alias though??)
- Finnbarr is GOOD
- Other proper bangers came from A.B, Kevin Energy, Olly Addictive, Chris Ross, Two D Impact
- Good to see Evolutionize finally on one of these comps

Glad I ended up getting this in the end. :D Might do a showcase of my favourites at some point so anything I said I don't like today could have changed by then lol
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
- The Lost Faith remixes are GOOD (any reason why Eufeion decided to use a new alias though??)

He could've reused his Leigh Outrage name
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

He uses that alias for Freeform, although I think they sound like Hardcore remixes, but that debate is neither here no there.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I think they sound like Hardcore remixes, but that debate is neither here no there.

Where is it then?

Do you have a link to it please?
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
I think they sound like Hardcore remixes, but that debate is neither here no there.

Where is it then?

The only place I'm willing to discuss what the difference is between Freeform and Hardcore is in the smoking area of a small rave at 3.00am whilst I'm completely smashed off drugs and alcohol, come and find me bro!
Elipton Also pleased to hear that Evolutionize worked his way onto a Freeform release. Good producer
arpz I've had a quick skim so far, there's a fair few tracks that I'd want to play - this reminds me of blood/sweat/tears as promised, rather than whatever the other one that came after (i'm not a freeform head at all)
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where is it then?

The only place I'm willing to discuss what the difference is between Freeform and Hardcore is in the smoking area of a small rave at 3.00am whilst I'm completely smashed off drugs and alcohol, come and find me bro!

* the magic hour*
Cyrax The Hotchkiss remix is sexy as!
Samination the The Lost Faith remix sounds almost exactly like any other Leigh Outrage & Denile track. They've always been in the middle ground (never fully freeform and never fully hardcore)
Samination
quote:

I tried at ILHB, but I gave up :P

quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Also pleased to hear that Evolutionize worked his way onto a Freeform release. Good producer

... what?
Elipton
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Also pleased to hear that Evolutionize worked his way onto a Freeform release. Good producer

... what?

Which part of this are you struggling with?

quote:
the The Lost Faith remix sounds almost exactly like any other Leigh Outrage & Denile track. They've always been in the middle ground (never fully freeform and never fully hardcore)

This is a feedback thread. Did you actually buy the release? Everything you've said so far has been mind-numbingly useless. Not every track is the same if they're the same style. Not every song is the same if it's a blend between hardcore and freeform. That's an unfair and unhelpful thing to say. The producer can take nothing from it, Thumpa can take nothing from it.
Samination Are you in troll mode again?

Evolutionize had have released on Freeform releases. The only difference is the span of audience that Thumpa caters to.

And yes I have bought the album. I have yet to take a proper listen to the tracks though. My reply to that track is that there was no reason to create a new name for Leigh.
Elipton
quote:
Are you in troll mode again?

Evolutionize had have released on Freeform releases. The only difference is the span of audience that Thumpa caters to.

And yes I have bought the album. I have yet to take a proper listen to the tracks though. My reply to that track is that there was no reason to create a new name for Leigh.

Re: Evolutionize. This is his biggest release. It's an achievement. I recognized that achievement.

Re: Eufeion. Any producer can have as many names as he or she desires. I don't see why it's a topic of discussion. Surely it's the music that counts?

Perhaps you should give it a solid review, Sam. At the moment, all you've done is put a dim light on a release, which I'm sure no one will thank you for.
Planes
quote:
Originally posted by arrpz:
I am a spammer and I don't understand that all links on this site have ZERO SEO value because they all have nofollow set inline. You are literally wasting your customers money posting here. You have also been banned.

I think it's really good.
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Planes:
I think it's really good.

Hi Olly!

trippnface pretty interesting stuff;

disc one i really like Seranade ; we birth out future; & the fader.

obviously the more uk hardcore influenced tracks; which made me wanna buy more.

disc 2 badass geeks is dope; but obv still not freeform ;p

Morphan and lost in the music arte both really nice; with lost in the music prob fav track of comp.

atheist - questions has a sick melody too.

disc 3 moonlift is sweet; and infatutation is a pretty cool dnb track.

I honestly just wish there was more of that psy style freeform that Cyrax is murdering; i like this track more than everything on the album. bring more of this style i think; psy is getting really popular.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-cyrax/substanced-afterlife-penance-transcend-cyrax-remix-fc-finrg

arpz Thanks for this Thumpa, used a lot more tracks in my mix than I thought I would be, really nice balance on this album I reckon, there's still plenty more I wanna play too
Samination because of other things (and HU coming in), I have yet to listen to all the tracks properly :(
Samination Like the HH feedback thread, I'm keeping it short

Album summary: I got nothing really to say. There are a few tracks I like, some that might grow on me, but I guess the album does summarise one thing. Me and Thumpa do not really have that similar taste in Hardcore or Freeform. This album seem more to appeal to the Big Room or Trap Electro House lovers, and I'm not one of them. Case in point, Mitomoro's tracks on this album is worse than MOB in my opinion... And I still dislike drops that leads nowhere other than making a mixable midsection.

In the end, it is a Thumpa's selection album, and he haves my respect for liking many styles that I don't. But I did not get into Hardcore through british music, so I've never really liked stuff like jungle, ragga or breakbeats. Or Club music in general.

Tracks I liked:
Comes from Within
Shattered
Questions (at 180bpm :P)
Tsunami (LF & D remix)

Tracks I could enjoy:
Floorfiller (MW & J remix)
We Birth Our Future (M-P remix)
Feels so Good (J-B remix)
Morphan
Lost in the Music
Night Reflection
Badass Geeks (LF & S remix)
Moonlift
Revenge (OA remix)

It's alright:
Rock Somebody (Dave S remix)
Face of a Demon
Dungeon (E remix)
ATB (F remix)
Broken Inside (ABJ remix)
In Your Eyes

Never again:
Anything Mitomoro
Everybody Bounce Now (am I really the only one who dislike this one?)
Searching (barely sounds like a KE song to me)
Screen Society (I hated big buildups with nothing to come since it was introduced. Don't ever consider I will ever like them)
icelevel It's wicked! To be honest, the songs are a lot better than I expected (just personal preference - more of a cheesy, piano hardcore guy rather than freeform-ish). First song in and I knew it was gonna be good. I'm leaning towards CD1 being my favourite, though the other two are pretty good as well. Nice job on the album art too.
Thumpa Thanks! Label has ended now but we had a great run.
Samination I've always wondered about it ever since you brought it up on FB. Would you have continued with ReBuild if the state of the scene wasn't like this?
Thumpa There were a lot of factors that affected the decision, the 'scene' and politics, backstabbing artists on the label, the freeform 'scene' being in tatters etc. The label was very profitable and very successful but a lot of other things slowed down the output, its hard being a Dad, having a job and wanting a busy social life and gigs, there weren't enough hours in the day. I just didn't want to do it anymore.
Denile
quote:
quote:
quote:

He uses that alias for Freeform, although I think they sound like Hardcore remixes, but that debate is neither here no there.

Ah come on Willis. You should know better than most that freeform isn't about being a specific style, or sound; the idea is to not conform to anything, i.e. free of form. In the case of the Tsunami remix, we both felt based on the original being quite an uplifting track, that there was no way we could make it what you would consider 'dark' in that sense, so maybe it could well be considered a hybrid?? Nout wrong playing the best of both worlds imo :)

Saying that, I'm sure you'd find a way to prove me wrong lol

And yes, to the OP, Leigh uses LF for his, and I quote, harder edged productions. So anything without singy vocals basically. He won't ever use Leigh Outrage again, cos, well, it was shit tbh :D

Hope that all helps lol

Samination shit? his Leigh Outrage where the best freeform outside the NuNRG brands and Betwixt & Between. And TBH, I thought it was much better than most of the NuNRG out around that time.
djDMS The name, Jacket. The name...
Thumpa Leigh will always be the kid who posted a pic of himself in a Matrix style jacket and said he was a better freeform producer than K Complex to me, bless him. #ush
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Leigh will always be the kid who posted a pic of himself in a Matrix style jacket and said he was a better freeform producer than K Complex to me, bless him. #ush

And made video tutorials on how to eject CDs.
Samination
quote:
The name, Jacket. The name...

lies!
Denile
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Leigh will always be the kid who posted a pic of himself in a Matrix style jacket and said he was a better freeform producer than K Complex to me, bless him. #ush

😂😂😂 I remember the jacket fiasco but not the ejecting a CD tutorial 🤣 I'm seeing him on Thursday so I'll ask him about it lol
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Denile:
quote:
quote:

😂😂😂 I remember the jacket fiasco but not the ejecting a CD tutorial 🤣 I'm seeing him on Thursday so I'll ask him about it lol

Trying to find it on Google but no luck, hope my memory isn't playing tricks but I'm 99% certain one of the tutorials was about ejecting CDs, or something equally as basic.
Another one was timestretching a track by burning it to CD, increasing the pitch then recording it to the computer, then re-burning the pitched up file.
He felt the full wrath of USH for those tutorials!

Cyrax
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Trying to find it on Google but no luck, hope my memory isn't playing tricks but I'm 99% certain one of the tutorials was about ejecting CDs, or something equally as basic.
Another one was timestretching a track by burning it to CD, increasing the pitch then recording it to the computer, then re-burning the pitched up file.

I think it's time someone brought these tutorials up to date
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it's time someone brought these tutorials up to date

Noted.

How to remove a usb both safely & responsibly Part 1/5
Thumpa cheers for the feedback 2 years later
Samination That's a bot Thumpa. He "replied" to icelevel's post and added a link to some shit
Samination yet another spammer
Samination What's with Thumpa's thread and spambots? :P
Captain Triceps Getting silly now
Thumpa If anyone wants the complete ReBuild back cat message me
Si Thompson Just been reading the last two pages. I want to see these tutorials.
Samination Rofl, Silver forgot to ban him so the spammer updated his post
Samination what the hell is with this thread that pulls in the spammers
silver Usually I lock the topic, spammer has been banned.

It took 2.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page