Total online 1881
 Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 Hardcore has a few flavors what's your favorite?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Hardcore has a few flavors what's your favorite?
Comet I used to love the epic happy stuff. Like old JHAL and some old DJ Energy. But what actually started me to DJ was the trancy style hardcore had become. Since I used to love trance, it was just too good to be true!

__________ _ _ _
Hardcore 'till I die ..
Exhile Il go along with exactly what comet said. I love the old happy stuff but the new trancey stuff is just made for me

Frank
Underloop Well I love the happy stuff...... brings back some great memories.... all that Force & Styles stuff, and the cheesey rips of 80s tunes etc.

I also love the new trancey stuff, and at the moment that is mostly what I play, although I do the odd bit of happycore.

My vote went for happycore though, as I do still prefer that...... it seems to have more longevity to me, as I tend to get bored of some of the new trancey tunes.... dunno why, but they seem to date really quickly!!

I also love old skool though too, and occaisionally get my rocks on to a bit of freeform and gabba..... what can I say, I'm just a hardcore whore!!!!

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"
Simon Whats your flavour, Tell me whats your flavour........Well my flavour certainly isn't Craig David .

My flavour is Breakbeat, Luna C As The Daddy .

Still I like them all just as much really!!!

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
My vote went for happycore though, as I do still prefer that...... it seems to have more longevity to me, as I tend to get bored of some of the new trancey tunes.... dunno why, but they seem to date really quickly!!

Same here...

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
DJ_Cosmic as iv only jus got into hardcore i voted trancy hardcore cos it was the 1st i eva rely hurd, im rely into happyhardcore as wel but preffer mixing newer stuf, so my votes trancy hardcore!

Cosmic-To Be The Best
Oli G Freeform
its more hardcore than anything anyone else is releasing

www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
starrs I'm still new to this (Upfront hardcore, Happy hardcore, etc) so I can't really differentiate between them all.

It'd be nice to have examples of each so I can put my finger on it.

djDMS I see the new 'trancy' style Hardcore is in the lead at the moment and i am certainly a big fan of the new stuff but Happy just edges it for me

Soap on a rope....and I don't do coke
Dave Murray Freeform for me ... But Gabber aint far behind.

I love me freeform absolutly wicked

:D

individual you know i come to rock it
ah yes cos i always the music
so give me the mic and ill do my thing
its the mc Jutt and im gonna get you rocking
DJ Mouse trancy. i loved the speed of happy hardcore and the sound of trance. now we got the 2 together :D its all good

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
Leelo1 i voted 4 New style trancy hardcore it was a hard choice cos i luv em all

DO NOT DISTURB DJ IN PROGRESS
Leelo_1
Midway_raver i voted happy cos it's what got me into the scene and i'll never grow tired of it, i always buy classic records/tape packs much more than i buy the new stuff....at the minute tho i prefer gabber but i think it mite just be a phase so i cudnt really vote for it as if i had to be stuck on an island wiv one style it wud b classic happyhardcore:D

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
Splix Yeah new style trancey happyhardcore has to be the best altho i like oldskool stuff aswell but can get anyoing and repetive so new is me!

------------------------------------------------------------
Hardcore is life , Life is hardcore
DJDeluxe
quote:
Originally posted by Oli G:
Freeform
its more hardcore than anything anyone else is releasing

www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

HAHAHAH, oli, you make me laugh.....

Havent you heard the new Panacea stuff on KFA? or any of the first 15 releases?

Hardcore in its most purist.

DJ Deluxe - for all your kniteforce needs....

www.kniteforce.co.uk
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by DJDeluxe:

Havent you heard the new Panacea stuff on KFA? or any of the first 15 releases?

Hardcore in its most purist.

Agreed .

This guy clearly knows what he's talking about.

K-Hole freeform/nu energy :D :D :D :D :D

-----------------
Chris aka Ghost

i'll be raving at-
United Dance-sept 27th
Enigma-nov 15th
DJDeluxe
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:

Agreed .

This guy clearly knows what he's talking about.

I should do.... I run the website..... Hehehe
Nothing like some blatant spam.......

DJ Deluxe - for all your kniteforce needs....

www.kniteforce.co.uk
toxicmusic Happy Hardcore, forever and more!!

I'm a poet and don't I kno it...

seriously tho, Happy Hardcore is fantastic...it suits every mood!? chilling out, going out, calmin you down...

~#Whyz everyone look @ me like i'm wierd?#~
raverdave Gimmie more trancey hardcore! its what i listen to the most, so it must be my favorite...... or am i just crazy. Freeform is also very cool.

HaRdCoRe ViBe!!!!!!!!!!

sKiTTy My Fav Flav is a mixed bag. Will listen to everything, mostly. Definitely require Happy for those mornings when u really don't wanna get out of bed . Puts me in a positive state of mind - happy happy happy .

Am really fallin in love with Freeform too, soooo damn good! You can't help but love it!

Still learning to ... LUV errrr Gabba. Still not quite there yet tho.

PuT UR PuMPkiN iN th3 biN ... sC4TT3r3d
Xenochrome My current flavor of choice is the breakbeat style. It helps to break up the monotony of the standard 4/4 set.

fazza trancier the better for me!! tunes like dougal and gammer - higher than heaven for example. gives me the shivers

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"
Knightmare My favorite syles are Gabber (The real HARD Core!!!), ol'skool happy hardcore and the new more techno-sounding energetic HHC trax.
Don't like the very cheesy stuff very much and I h8 Freeform.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
Dave Murray Freeform is the testicles at the moment some real phat as **** tunes getting produced ( Especially by CLSM = Liberation THE tune of the year for me so far ) but also "some" trancier hardcore is good, but some of its boring. But there is also gabber which is rocking at the mo ( Great tune Masters Of Ceremony - Under Control "**** YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME ) But anyway im just rambling cause im bored. But anyway rambalge over mppppppppppprgggggggg.

Originally posted by Daveo:
Freeform is the testicles at the moment some real phat as **** tunes getting produced ( Especially by CLSM = Liberation THE tune of the year for me so far )

You use CLSM - Liberation as an example of a good Freeform track, Yet the Breaks remix of this tune is EVEN better, which just emphasises my point about just how good breakbeat hardcore is at the moment .

macros definately free form and nu style for me. the older happy stuff is great (always end up with a big grin on my face when i listen to it, without quite knowing why) but i think the new stuff has 'grown up' alot in recent years and production is getting better. the new sound has much more of a musical edge, i think. there's just seems to be more to it. in particular i'm into gavin g and dan rolla at the mo, stylesey too.

Dave Murray
quote:
quote:
Freeform is the testicles at the moment some real phat as **** tunes getting produced ( Especially by CLSM = Liberation THE tune of the year for me so far )

You use CLSM - Liberation as an example of a good Freeform track, Yet the Breaks remix of this tune is EVEN better, which just emphasises my point about just how good breakbeat hardcore is at the moment .

Shut up you breakbeat slut

"THEY'RE.....THEY'RE...COM....THEY'RE...COMI....THEY'RE...COMING!!!!!!"
Comet I don't know why everyone thinks Liberation is a freeform tune. It's alot trancy hardcore sounding to me. Jon Doe does do trance you know.

__________ _ _ _
Hardcore 'till I die ..
weba_d I vote New style but give me 94-99 hardcore anyday and i'll still love it, I think most people are in the same boat.. Freeform.. me I listen to it but cant seem to take to it as much.. I respect what work has gone into it and can reckonise the music production skill involved in each track i listen to.. I find more goose bumps of off the trancy hardcore thats common to your hixxy & Scott Brown Bonkers releases.. The build ups and powerful base drums get me, happy or not.. Thats just me IMO

R@VER070 My "favorite" core isn`t include to that poll :(

Frenchcore & Industrial
I`m a big fan of Radium, Al Core...etc.

I also like Darkcore (Enzyme - http://www.enzyme.nl - is my favorite label) & dutch/belgium/german oldschool

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
mr bishi Happy Hardcore 97-99 is defo my fave the new trancey stuff has no soul.

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Knightmare
quote:
quote:

Breakbeat hardcore's cool shit. Heard some on sonic fury. Still prefer the gabber substyle "Darkcore" though

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
quaver
got to be the old Happy Hardcore,all the way-I am proper cheesy-although the new trancy hardcore is good. Its the classic 80's tunes that i always stick on. Pretty Green eyes thats in the charts now is just nothing compared to when I heard it played at Hardcore heaven back in 1995 (if my memory serves me correctly) milton keynes the roller warehouse.
the glowsticks and the happy buzz will stay with me forever.

I am an origional Cheesy Quaver ;o)
strychnine I've been getting more and more into breakbeat hardcore lately, but it's still gotta be freeform for me - the crunchier the better.

All the teens here listen only trance and even don't differ Hardcore from trance (when i gave to some of isralians Hardcore track, they told that it's trance). This is one of the reasons why I don't like trance.
And I thinck that it was a mistake in mixing these 2 totally different styles.
Hardcore is for dance and trance is for sleep.

j_a_c_k

I fink happy hardcore mixed wiv a bit ov the new trancy stuff is the best

Jak
B.C old or new???

hard choice but it had 2 b the new "trancy?" stuff 2 which i thank Breeze & Styles 4 helping me towards that decision.

"Belong To The Hardcore Regime! Wake Up From Your Synthetic Dreams!....WE Are Your Future!!!"
Madkeenraver I'd have to say, happy hard and gabber are both on equal par wit me. Depends on the 'mood' ;) Nuthin better than stompin round to some great big fat rollin bass lines, slapped together with a bit a happynes!

Blue Frequency I don't know if "trancy" would incorporate blatant beats and next gen or where they would fall. Tancy makes me think of raver baby, quality stuff. Blatant Beat and Next Gen are my favs.

What would you call that?

...do it hardcore...
Chris B Makina and the new trancey stuff plus a few old classics.

SEEKY hardcore trancey stuff or back to the basics old skool happy hardcore

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
DJDarkside The Old Skool Stuff Is Good But If U Play The New Trancecore Stuff Fast It Just Blows The Mind

Hardcore Till We All Die!

DJ Darkside
Hardcore Rules!
Go Widda Flow & Don't Stop
Nautilus All right, since you guys are voting on fav subcatagories let me ask for recommendations for New Style Trancy Hardcore artists and Freeform artists.

Je suis d'une géneration, désenchantée, désenchantée.
liquid_silver i'm just a hardcore lover ,i like every thing
but at the moment i'm leaning more to the breakbeat stuff coming out now.
it just kicks ass .

pulse crew baby,
straight outta left field
DJ Phoenix I voted Trancecore & freeform... having started listening to dance/club when i was about 9/10... i then went onto Trance until about 13 and now i'm 15 and i started Hardcore about just over a year ago! ...really enjoying the blend of Trance & Hardcore! I love the stuff Styles is doing at the moment with Trancecore... Especially his re-vamped versions of "Rezonance Q - Sweetheart" & "Dickheadz - Suck my D***"!!!

Freeform is great too... really brings the speed up from some of the slow paces of trance. I loved Kev. Energy's set at Slammin Vinyl NYE... And i love the sounds of CLSM, K Komplex etc...

quote:
Originally posted by Nautilus:
All right, since you guys are voting on fav subcatagories let me ask for recommendations for New Style Trancy Hardcore artists and Freeform artists.

Je suis d'une géneration, désenchantée, désenchantée.

New Style Trancey Hardcore Artists
Breeze & Styles mainly... Sometimes Dougal, Gammer, G Spencer & Dowster

Freeform
Kevin Energy, K Komplex, CLSM... And the likes of Sharkey, AMS, Devistate...

{)~No room for hate in Hardcore~(}
Cassells i picked happy hardcore but i like speedcore and gabber to
it's kind of a hard decision!!!!!

Cassells hey Silver whats your pick?

StaryEyedLoser Happyk0re for sure!

...xyzTHISzyxyzISxyzyxAzyxyzSECRETxyzyxMESSAGEzyx...
StarRizerX Look at my avatar, and you'll instantly know what "style" of Hardcore has me goin' at the moment. But you know what? Styles' cd on Masters of Hardcore put out by Rumour Records has got to be the best example of Trancecore, and that's what got me hooked and still listening. Period.

I have three namesfor you: Styles, Scott Brown, & Dougal. Now Shut the F*** Up
Mikeage I voted happyhardcore...... I spent time listening to everything and I felt happyhardcore is what really gets me in a good mood...... its just so dam catchy

Hollywood seduces small woodland creatures.
Chicken I like the trancy stuff a lot, but my fave style keeps changing over and over. I like happykore and gabba too... argh, its too hard to pick. I just voted gabba cuz it was what I was listening to at the moment

***Slippery When Wet***
ReikaPOP Happy Hardcore is teh bessstest muzik evaa :D XD!!11

capone13 I like all styles of Hardcore, my fave being Happy Hardcore. I also like these too:

Gabba/Speedcore
Freeform
Trancecore
Old Skool
Makina

DJ J-me
Splix im hooked on new style trancy hardcore, gota love it

Hardcore is life , Life is hardcore
capone13 Yeah. I like the new Trancy Hardcore too. Most of the tracks are bouncy and uplifting which I like a lot.

DJ J-me
capone13 I got 2 admit that i'm still lovin the classic bouncy and bangin Old Skool Hardcore.

These are just some fav tracks i'm playin @ the moment and are quality:

Marc Smith-Pump Up The Noize
Ultimate Buzz-Rock Da Bass
DJ Ten-E.F.F.E.C.T (Scott Brown Mix)
Marc Smith-Nexus (F*ckin Bangin choon)
Scott Brown-Do What Ya Like
Bass-X-Bass Nation
Genaside-Eliminator
Stu J & Jon Doe-Time To Start Pumpin'
Scott Brown-20 MM
M-Trax-Forever & A Day
The Scotchman-Asylum
Bass-X-Burn Motherf*cker
Hyperbass-My Best Friend
Technotrance-Raise The Titanic
Kinetic Pleasure-Get The Feeling
Q-Tex-Equazion Part 9, 6, 4
Scott Brown-Check It Out

DJ J-me
tunnelrush Nu NRG and Hard Trance for me

*If the bass is too loud, you are too weak*
Kx Hardcore I like the new tancy hardcore though i still listen to some happy hardcore

Dont Forget The Cry Hardcore Will Never Die!!
DJ Affliction HAPPY HARDCORE

Everything is random, your probably not ment to read this!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

[email protected]

[email protected]
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah happy hardcore..hell yea! thats how it should be the inyour face happiness!

WEAPONS OF MASS DELICIOUSNESS
HARDCORE

HYPERACTIVE and PURE HAPPINESS
Trip2k Old skool & HH all the way, all the time

jimnicricket happy gabber is my favorite ......oh and old school yum

------------------------------
http://www.webbwerx.com/clients/JimniCricket.htm
TypeR yup, happy gabber and bouncy techno for me too. happy hardcore kicks the shit out of this new stuff and i'd like to see hixxy throw down a set of pitched up trance at a rotterdam party... oops i did it again, i cursed the name of hixxy the higher order.

whats up annika, bobby here

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air
dj_double_e I love it all (except maybe speedcore/noizecore) but especially:

1 Happy Hardcore
1 Deep tribal sexy funky driving progressive housy trance
-----
=2 and the new "Trance-core";

Long live the hardcore heartbeat!!!

...Take a magic carpet ride with me... (Stealth "See me climb")
Cyberpunk I like it all!!! I dont really care, I guess it all deepends on what i want to hear at some point.

raving_mad Gotta love the happy stuff, love most forms of hardcore but it was the happy bouncy choons that got me into it in the first place!

LeT's Go BaCk To ThE lAnD oF fAnTaSy
whittle1 trancy hardcore does it for me really

dj_excy old skool is for me!!

chill out and take some hash coz excy's out 2get ****in mashed!!
http://www.acidplanet.com/dj_excy

http://www.imodownload.com/
Entity Damn radio buttons!!!!! I can't decide between Oldskool, Happy or breakbeat so I vote for all 3!

swansea247 trancy hardcore all the way

Six days on the run, Looking for a place to have some fun.....

swansea247.com... coming sooner than you think!!1
shotgun i aint really a trance hardcore person... i think its too chrpy .. thats why i dont like hixxy that much... i prefer a lot more bass!!! thats why i like neophyte and dj paul. i need loads of bass... and tune..with rythem.. not chirpy and fast.. well fast but not high pitched should i say.
Kryptic Gotta love them all. The breaky beats of Clouskipper, the trancy feel of Breeze and Styles. The Gabber like of Scott Brown. But I gotta go with Freeform on this one. IT blends what I love the most, hardcore beats, hard basslines and the high trance like synths.

Mr igloo Freeform because it is such high energy and there is nothing like it :)
zippy makina....fast,theres absolutely nothing bounceyer and its all about tunes you could hummm in your head all day.

plus dont even get me started on the mixing styles.....bcn is unreal!
MDMAisOK happy hardcore!!!!!
Jon O-T Love most types of hardcore

but happy hardcore gives me that happy, fuzzy feelin and lets me go into fantasy whenever i want (strange i know) HAPPY HARDCORE!!!!!
tha_cheek At the moment its the new style trancey stuff but my favorite usually changes between that and freeform
BlueYoshi new trancy stuff, trance got me into HHC paul oakenfold...:) but Molly Mush and underloop got me here ;)
Dave Tee I do love some of the bouncy stuff getting made these days, but for me happy hardcore will always be the best

Pacific Sun, Shooting Star, Eyeopener, Eurostomp, Frankies Lead etc, all these kinda tunes cant be beaten
FingazMc happy hardcore all the way i have to admit there is a some of the new trancy hardcore that i like but it just doesent compare to some of the old classics!!!
FluxZero Dont you think this is a bit one-sided, this is happyhardcore.com after all.
Just a thought.
Chris B Nowadays mines bouncy techno/gabba but i like bits of nearly all other styles.
MikeyM_KYW dont get me wrong i love happy hardcore it is awesome but at the moment i have just got so into the old skool

Am Talking Rezerection

This is your wake up call - Mc Riddler
manutd76 Happy Happy Harcore 4 me :)

do love older stuff frim 93-98 was when was ravin all the time dos like Helter Skelters/Dreamscape/Fusion
SeY has 2 be and hopefully will always b happyhardcore i cant get enough of the stuff everytime i hear it...it jus makes me sooo happy
SeY
bristolboy05 u gotta luv the happyhardcore with tunes like, shooting star, power of love, together forever, heart of gold, 247, your shining and set you free.
DJDURSTAN This was a tricky one to answer cos i absolutely love all the styles mentioned equally but i guess i would choose HappyHardcore if i had to choose.
whittle1 bacon with a hint of Re-Con
T~
quote:
Originally posted by DJDURSTAN:
This was a tricky one to answer cos i absolutely love all the styles mentioned equally but i guess i would choose HappyHardcore if i had to choose.

same with me
Caliga I have to say, i love old school hardcore style, morbid, evil, fantastic! Its what got me into hardcore, i was once a keen rock fan, refusing to listen to any "shit talentless electronic crap" (oh how i was SO SO wrong) then one night at a rave i heard a sound.. a sound that changed my life

It was probably the fact that i was into heavy rock, that got me into hardcore. I liked the heavy bass, and the morbid feel of it! After that i got into other variations, including the awesome happy hardcore style. Long Live bonkers=]
Phobz I love happy hardcore and always will, but i've been starting to like hardcore breaks, stuff like kfa tunes a lot recently. I love Fusion records the most so that style of music is what I love - Happy Hardcore
hardcorEaddict Defenetly Freeform and trancy hc.
TonyBenino Upfront ftw.
cheekyb 2b honest i like all of the above styles
dancflorhardkor love the happy HxC...and the breakbeats are purdy sic.
In the end...we are all hardcore
protonic oldskool and trancy hc
pinkdevil16 happy hardcore defo
gilead im still too new to really distinguish between one form and the other but i have heard a few songs of speedcore and then some of d n b and some trance core and all those i really like. but i'll listen to anything thats has a good bass too it.
kiraz Freeform + gabba + trancy hardcore for me.

It took 5.35 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page