Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 The Rave Scene!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
liquidstripes I've heard so many people say that the rave scene is dying really fast, which I think this is just the beginning.

What do you think?

Dave Murray IMO, The Rave Scene is getting stronger infact alot stronger, and believe me it wont die out quick. But mind you hardcore did die, when it never.

Hardcore Will NEVER die.

*Rocking to the beat and we took it to the floor, DJ's in the club spin the record Back & Forth....*
milo stateside scene is hurting, i think it's reforming itself, uk side is booming

Demotic I cant see it dying in the near future, because the nu style is a bit more like the commercial sound (Trance) and because this sound is what most commercial fans prefer to cheesy hhc, it will only attract more people to the scene. When my friends visit my house and i play an old cheesy set (which is the effing dogs.), they are not interested, but as soon as i get the trance going they really love it, therefore bringing more people into the scene...

...anyway i think the scene will get stronger in the future.

"I Wanna Fly, Making Rainbows In The Sky, Find a Star Where Love Never Dies, And Live Forever In The Skies"
manic The scene is pretty strong in Sydney. But, it would be interesting if the scene could handle shocks like the shooting at the graffiti hall of fame and the death of Anna Wood ( god rest her soul).

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

tommo The scene is immense here,seems like everyones into hardcore again.

I'm just nucking futs!
[email protected]
Simon It has taken off again, although it seems Hardcore has taken off, not so much the "Rave scene" though imo.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
aLLy well here in california (u.s.) in socal the scene isnt as good as it used to be its dying slowly everything is underground now which is good but still those are harder to find than ever

happyhardcore fiend from cali..
jambo 29 the scene is becoming much stronger over here @ soon it will be getting back 2 the good old days

rezzna the scene is getting bigger and bigger, but my fear isn't that the scene will die, it's that it'll start spreading to crowds of people not down with the whole concept of being happy when you go out and there being a good vibe. jungle/d'n'b had a wicked scene until it morphed into the scene some say it has begun. same with garage. anyway even if the scene dies, theres that much hardcore i want to own i'll happily keep buying it up until the scene starts up again, cuz the music 0wnz j00

"don't worry about it, if i were you i wouldn't remember me either"
Xenochrome As far as raves ar concerned, local and national legislation has made it nearly imposible to find a legal all-night venue within the city of Chicago. There are still events being held outside the city, but rarely do they go later than 4:00AM.

Raver_Davie I've never seen so many events advertised until now.

Dave!
wedmo i dnt think the rave scene is dying out because my room is ful of hardcore flyers and ive only bin to one under 18's rave myself and thers loads thats shud be cumin soon so thats what i think

Wedmo
www.wedmo.cjb.net
Elysium
quote:
.. the death of Anna Wood (god rest her soul).

Oh come on.. she was on a mixture of drugs (that nobody forced her to take). She only has herself to blame.

--
Friendship, Unity, Caring, Kindness!
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by Elysium:
Oh come on.. she was on a mixture of drugs (that nobody forced her to take). She only has herself to blame.

That's no reason to spit on her grave or to not wish the best for her in whatever afterlife she's in.

Originally posted by strychnine:
That's no reason to spit on her grave or to not wish the best for her in whatever afterlife she's in.

I wasn't. I'm just saying there are billions of other people throughout history that deserves more mention than Anna Wood. She did a stupid thing even though she knew there might be severe consequences. See, there's a reason these drugs are illegal.

--
Friendship, Unity, Caring, Kindness!
Chrysostomou well, i believe the rave scene is absolutely banging here in the uk and i therefore that all you american HHC ravers should come to the uk and join the huge flocks of ravers we already have

HARDCORE TILL I DIE!
if video games affected us as children, then we would all be running around in dark rooms, munching magical pills and dancing to repetitive music!
DAN-E [quote]Originally posted by jambo 29:
the scene is becoming much stronger over here @ soon it will be getting back 2 the good old days

Good to meet another golden years raver...92' what a year..fantazias,universe,dreamscapes definatly the good old days...but also now ithink the scene is once again booming with the new generation making it happen...but yeah wont beat them days.....the likes of kev nrg,sharkey ,breeze &styles are filling the shoes of carl c,grooverider, easygroove,phantasy,swan-e......Came to aus in 94' missed the seen like hell coz oz is about 10 years behind...but now i can see hardcore growing just like did back in the day...lots memorys flood back when go to these events now.....safe....

I thought i saw a pussy cat a creeping up on me.......it must be a hallucination on that drug called LSD!!!!
DJ Affliction Where I'm from Hardcore is on a major comeback as I've seen & been to many hardcore events in the past months with SY,Hixxy,Dougal as the main DJ's

Everything is random, your probably not ment to read this!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

[email protected]

[email protected]
HardcoreGrandaddy Im a retired raver and i can tell u that in 1999 JUDGEMENTDAY(newcastle ne england) finished that was the death kneel for hardcore. All the major events like United dance and ReZerection ect was gone and for many this was the end.

We said it would never die and......
it didnt....it was in i coma....and now I think its comming thru....I hear of event popping up all over and ppl playing the music in the cars.

The pluse is getting stronger and I expect a full recovery soon

B.C
quote:
See, there's a reason these drugs are illegal.

ok,ok....but do you know that 50,000 people die each year in the UK alone from alcahol related deaths compared with the few from coke,E's etc.....so why isnt alcahol illegal? bcoz 50,000 deaths is a small price 2 pay 4 around £100 million in tax and revenue from alcahol! same with cigarrettes...1 of the most harmful drugs...around 100,000 deaths a year....£120 million!!! easy money!

"We Rock To The Hardcore Regime! Wake Up From Your Synthetic Dreams!....WE Are The Future!!!"
thecrazyg It can't die... not yet anyway.. Im only 16... I missed out on the 'good ol days' hopefully rave scene will be better than it was then cos i am envious at the moment

Help me! My friends are telling me to listen to hiphop!
Somatic Well here in Southern California, its interesting. Some of the main people that were throwing the larger hardcore events arent throwing them anymore or have moved. Some of our massives arent supporting hardcore but its not hurting our lil scene in anyway. Its being taken up by lots of smaller events with good people and a lot more up and coming DJs are appearing (including myself) We do have an ALL HARDCORE record store which is a luxury and amazing. More and more kids are experiencing hardcore for the first time and even the people who normally hate "happy" hardcore are finding themselves tapping their feet to a freeform track (when you hear one, cheese still reigns here). It seems more people are playing freeform and less anthem are being cranked out. Its definitely a good time here, Im just waiting for it to explode even more.

o-peal
I was bangin in 91, when the word Rave was used often,
then the "R" word became a dirty word after a couple of years when jungle and techno split into 2.....

Basically, I have been through 12 years of nutter dancing, and there is always styles to jump on and off, but there is always constantly so many people want to get smashed and jump around alot so there will always be always be high energy music events...

I always found people stopped "raving" after having bad (Normally drug related) incidents, but I havent yet!!! I must be sensible!!! (If u saw me you wouldnt think it!!!)

Peal

(-(:-))-)
DJ O'Peal
djscorch Thr rave scene in the uk is struggling a bit due to the lack of clubs and nights, but the music seems stronger than ever which hopefully will see some more clubs opening up....(in the frickin northwest!)

Manchester Massive, lets f@ckin 'ave ya!
raverdave I got no idea what the record sales are like at the mo(gotta be better than 2 years ago!) but you just get the feeling the wholes scene's got going again, the raves are packed and hardcore nights are popping up all over the place. Hardcore Heavens back (Yea!) and they have the occasional Hardcore effort at sundissential which is just ***** brilliant really, cos the place is already full of nutters anyway. It might sound a bit cheesy but i feel proud to be part of a scene with wicked music, the safest people and a fresh direction. Can't wait to see what's happening in a couple of years time..

'Yea that's right i go to raves i really like it, leave me alone, it's my life, i think it SORTED!'

Stevie c I got into the scene around 92 and ppl were saying it was dieing then. Nothing changes really. Hardcore builds up gets almost commercial then. House,Garage,D&b,Techno or the Indie scene rubbish it and it goes back underground for a few years.from the end of 92 till 96 the scene in a Happy sense was very quiet, I don't think since then it has ever been as bad. Jungle really started to dominant and raves suffered from what the Garage scene suffers from now a bunch skankers, W*nkers and thieves.
People not into hardcore will always say its dieing, but that's just wishful thinking on their behalf. Sometimes, a different dance vibe dominates like Jungle, House, Garage or Trance but that doesn't mean another sound is dead. Ppl get bored, so they listen to different stuff at different (note i also like Simon and Garfunkel, Slim Shady and the Streets), usually in the dance scene one is the most popular the others follow but the lead changes often.
Another point to consider is younger teens comin thru wanting to define themselves....result...They will not listen to what Mum,Dad or Big brother or sister listen too. I am not saying all siblings are like this as me and my bro are close in age....however think about it
Acid House to
Rave/Old Skool to
D&B to
Happy Hardcore to
House to
Garage to
Uk Hardcore to
???
see a pattern here?
Although the sounds evolve and get better the general styles keep reoccuring.
The 70s had a huge revival of the rock and roll sound (think Mud,Grease,Happy days)
Sadly as our parents will tell us, we are doing nothing new but just listening to something different (a bit although its still worth doing)
For any genre to kill another off would be seriously arrogant and nearly impossible.
Communism couldn't work because in the system their was always Capitalist, at least one, yet that doesn't stop communists from still existing

This is not a phase I am going through....this is forever
junglist_angel In the USA, I would agree that the rave scene is suffering quite considerably because of all pre-existing and new legislations and laws concerning electronic music and drugs. It is beyond absurd.
But then again, this will just be a trend. The rave scene has its ups and downs. At the moment, it is a bit down (in the USA) because of American laws. But people will eventually find ways to contern these laws and the scene will revive. It's just a matter of time.
As for here in Europe, I think it's still quite alive and kicking

jenks Does anyone know how the scene is doing in Japan?

silver Has not changed in the last 7 years really... about the same...

mason well in syd i would say its goin tha hardest it has in a while its really pickin up down here love it

quik334 I think over here in ny and some other states its dying down which rly sucks but hopefully it doesent take a turn for the worst

"It's time to break away and nothins gonna stop me now.."
JakieJay everything cycles. arizona's scene has been "declining" for a few years. it is not for a lack of trying though. it seems every other party is a free party, or five dollar at the door. the promoters make no money, and the dj's are all local talent. no heavy hitters, so yes the scene in arizona anyhow, has seen a drastic decline because of the lack of funding. a few production companies have started to ally in order to through larger more elaborate events like the ones we knew and loved circa late 1990's. all the props are coming back, jumbo tron screens with psychadelic visuals, and great lighting effects. finding venues has become increasingly difficult due to the anti raving act passed by congress. everyone here has read the raver's manifesto. when a venue is not available we will set up our tables in the flat beds of pickup trucks, and spin in the desert. when was it ever glamorous though. i am not giving up on our local scene just yet. and there are at least a few hundred in the phoenix area that agree with me.

Plan tomorrow like you will live forever...
liquid_silver some places its dying down others its surging up (yay canada)

Chrysostomou quote:

after goodfellaz new years show 45 canadians coming over.

your not hardcore, unless you live hardcore!
Boombaroem Well i believe that here in Holland the hardcore scene has never really died. Rave & Happy hardcore however have been silent for some years. I do see however that it's slowly building up again.

Hixxy_is_my_god2k2 The main reason i dont buy any of this new hardcore/rave music is for one i cant get hold of it anywhere and two ive bought bonkers X and heard the other two they not so recently released, and i personally thought it was gash, its done all digitally! no scratching and stuff like that.......never thought id hear myself say this, but i miss the cheese!!!

I may only be 16, but my older brother (24) and his m8 (23, also my best m8s older brother ) always used to listen to hardcore and so we grew up with it, and i think if they brought back a bit of cheese, and started selling records/cds at commercial prices (That means £3.99 for a vinyl!!! not £7.99!!!!) and in commercial places, that are available to more people (E.g HMV, Virgin etc etc) then i dont see why they wouldnt sell just as well as most others tracks......obviously they wont get to number 1 in the charts.....people like g.g.g..g.gareth g..g.g..gates stop this from happening unfortunatley......

lol.......well theres my opinion sorted!

Adam

Check one, two were the bad boy krew, cream of the crop!

It took 2.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page