Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 speaking of flip n fill treatment

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dj_spex whats going on - i tried to reply to the other flip n fill forum but it wouldnt let me. I think these covers of Happy Hardcore tracks have went to far. We always criticise them but the Kelly Llorena version of Heart of Gold is featured on Bonkers 9 as a Hixxy remix so he has to have some of the blame too. Also on Clubland X Treme there is a remix of Eyeopener called Open Your Eyes and it says its a Scott Brown remix which i seriously doubt. Power of love and wonderful days have been made into dance tunes. The only good one is pretty green eyes on Bonkers 10 by ultrabeat - its far better than force n styles attempt of a 70 year old singing. When is this going to stop - Shooting Star was almost ruined when flip n fill attempted it.

What do you think about all these dance/trance/**** versions of classic Happy Hardcore tunes?

Leelo1 i think ultrabeat/flip n fill all them dodgy s88t heads
r just doin it 4 tha money i maybe wrong i also think there gonna kill a lot of hardcore tunes

DO NOT DISTURB DJ IN PROGRESS
Leelo_1
Seany :| aint nothing wrong with the original pretty green eyes, tune!! nuff said

let the music take you to the highest height ,come on raise your hands up you can touch the sky.........

radiokate arghhhh well i almost agreed wif some of the things u started to say en.... UNTIL...

quote:
Originally posted by dj_spex:
The only good one is pretty green eyes on Bonkers 10 by ultrabeat - its far better than force n styles attempt of a 70 year old singing.

welll!!!!!! lmfao anyway im guessing u probably own every copy of clubland there has been and all the rest ....

kate advises - get fully educated b4 u start making comments about things... not jus cus im peeved about yer f&s comment but most the other things u sed too... see more of the scene than that what u can download b4 u start saying things.

i do apologise if the assumptions im making are incorrect but thats jus the impression i get

Spine Tingling Sensations To Leave Your Mind Numb...

Ka*
Simon Kate Rocks! .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

"In My Sleep I Grind My Teeth"

"TeethGrinder"

"Therapy?"
DJ Mouse most of them aren't good. i'm probably gonna get slated to hell for this,but ultrabeat did a good job of pretty green eyes. only heard feelin fine once and i was smashed so i won't comment on that one. another few i like are bcd project - sweetheart (cover of perfect dreams) and the remix of power of love. as always tho,none of them top the originals

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
dj_spex no chance you can like force n styles pretty green eyes its got to be one of the worst happy hardcore tunes about, apart from inspector gadget and scooby doo and stuff which people brought out. and kate by the way i only have one clubland cd and its pish and also bbcd projects do you know the cover of robert miles children is good anaw. and kate i do have a good knowledge of hardcore tunes av listened to hardcore music since a wiz 9 so a hink a should know a lot of tunes.

whispering Ok first of all, what ive heard Force, Styles and Scott Brown has some projects in AATW records, breeze & Styles Remixed PGE in the AATW promo, etc etc, Wonderful Days is a dance tune, Power Of Love and Eyeopener are Eurodance tunes, s*** i should start slagging Hardcore for making covers from eurodance tunes... But i dont coz i like both styles, and even if i didnt i wouldnt be bothered about covers, especially when so many quality hardcore tunes are covers from other genres...

Underloop Theres nothing at all wrong with commercial covers of hardcore tracks!!!! How many commercial songs have been covered or sampled by hardcore artists (either legally or otherwise). Quite a damn few, thats how many.

I think its really hypocritical of ravers to slag commercial artists off for "stealing" (none of the commercial releases have stolen songs, they are all legal!) from hardcore when we have been doing it for years!!!

I'll also add the same thing that gets said time and time again... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!!!

I have to say it, this whole Scouse House covering hardcore argument is starting to get quite boring

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
strychnine
quote:
When is this going to stop - Shooting Star was almost ruined when flip n fill attempted it.

quote:
Originally posted by Leelo1:
i think ultrabeat/flip n fill all them dodgy s88t heads
r just doin it 4 tha money i maybe wrong i also think there gonna kill a lot of hardcore tunes

... because obviously what happens is that when someone remixes a track, every reproduction of that track magically morphs into the remix, whether it be a record, a CD single, an mp3, a track in a mix, whatever. That way, it just isn't possible to listen to the original song, because it no longer exists once someone's remixed it. It vanishes into the ether, lost to mankind forever. Thus, the song is ruined for all eternity.

And then, of course, there's the fact that these remixes aren't hardcore, and therefore they can't possibly be good. There's no way in hell that anyone could possibly like them. After all, DJ Spex and Leelo1 (among others) don't like them, so how could anyone else?

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
www.vibe103.co.uk
www.djtommyrenegade.tk
mrc to be honest i think those re-mixes are pritty shitty but they have done hardcore a massive favour by making many (including myself) remember hardcore and by introducing it to a new audience.

i would like to hear the hardcore tunes in the charts but it aint gona happen, so isnt the publisity generated by the comersial mixes (however small) a bonus?

oh s*it man, what was i saying?
radiokate and how old ru now? sorry to be so nosey im just curious.

and ..

Underloop
"Theres nothing at all wrong with commercial covers of hardcore tracks!!!! How many commercial songs have been covered or sampled by hardcore artists (either legally or otherwise). Quite a damn few, thats how many.

I think its really hypocritical of ravers to slag commercial artists off for "stealing" (none of the commercial releases have stolen songs, they are all legal!) from hardcore when we have been doing it for years!!!

I'll also add the same thing that gets said time and time again... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!!!"

i agree

Ka*
djDMS I must admit I am bothered by some of the covers of Hardcore songs - in particular the ones that seem to have been chucked together without more than a minutes thought, but even that is just my opinion and i'm not going to sit here and force it on anybody.

I am a fan of 'commercial' dance music as well as hardcore and i own many songs from both genres that 'borrow' from other tracks/styles, none of which bothers me in the slightest.

I grew up in the 80's and i'm almost certain I didn't go mad when the rush of Hardcore covers of 80's songs started to appear - pretty much the same as i didn't complain about all the '91/'92 rave tunes stealing themes from the cartoons and programmes I watched as a child!

Too many people think that Hardcore should be beyond criticism - the truth is, Hardcore has been the worst culprit for 'tune stealing' than any other genre over the last 10 years or so.

It's about time we left all this alone don't you think?

djstorm
quote:
i do have a good knowledge of hardcore tunes av listened to hardcore music since a wiz 9 so a hink a should know a lot of tunes.

heh judging by your spelling and typing skills you are probably only 10 years old anyway!

storm
radiokate yeah storm, exactly why i asked his age. no criticism to those 10 yr olds who do listen to hardcore (the self confessed playground raver i was at the age of 8!) but i dont reckon u can have huge opinionated ideas about this scene without knowing the score - such as they have been the biggest bunch of rip off merchants in the past!

Ka*
fazza
quote:
Originally posted by djstorm:
quote:
i do have a good knowledge of hardcore tunes av listened to hardcore music since a wiz 9 so a hink a should know a lot of tunes.

heh judging by your spelling and typing skills you are probably only 10 years old anyway!

storm

haha bet he doesnt even know who he has just been dissed by! quality! :)

john peel is not enough!!
dj_nixxy Remix's are cool i always like to hear what people can make of choons.. i agree shooting star/heart of gold and eyeopener were crap!
But there are some good ones aswell.. At the minute 2 of my fave songs are "Xtm - Fly on the wongs of love (Flip n Fill Remix) and Ultrabeat - Pretty Green Eyes (Flip n Fill Remix) ... Just because there not as good as the originals doesnt mean people can slag them off because -=- Not everybody has the same taste in music -=- (Where hav i heard that b4)

Instead of making a comment I will portray my anger usin this pic of a watermelon. By doin this, I aim 2:
-Save time & effort writin down the many bad points of the abuv post
-Signify that watermelons r useful tools in the fight against banality.
Chrysostomou 9 times out of 10 the original will always be a hell of a lot better than the newest remix though you have gotta give some people credit trying to better some of them.. I certainly don't think they should be commerciallised though it kinda gives the hardcore scene a bad view

A Garage is where your Car Lives, A House is where You Live, HARDCORE IS HOW YOU LIVE!!
fazza
quote:
Originally posted by dj_nixxy:

Instead of making a comment I will portray my anger usin this pic of a watermelon. By doin this, I aim 2:

what watermelon?!!

kg4
quote:
there is a remix of Eyeopener called Open Your Eyes

yeah, the original was by koko... hardcore just ripped it to hell..

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...
dj_nixxy
quote:
Originally posted by fazza:
quote:
Originally posted by dj_nixxy:

what watermelon?!!

Hmm Where IS The Watermelon.... :p

dagapman notice how so many movies are redone, songs are covered, yada yada yada
and then everyone bitches at how poor the remake was

i feel that the original of anything is what people ususally get attached to
most often the remake is pretty rank, but sometimes u have to give it some time to give it respect

everyone mentions flip n fill shooting star. i almost threw up when i heard it on the radio my first time... i listened to it a few times and its not that bad. NOTICE its a different genre of music. u have to take that into consideration. id rather listen to bang! any day, but hey there are people out there who dont know bang but might have got a good time out of flip n fill!!!

djscorch Flip n Fill come from Bolton, near where i live, they are F8cking Cheese on toast merchants and no happy hardcore is safe from there shite remixing

Manchester Massive, lets f@ckin 'ave ya!
dezmond Man these remixes are lame. Don't get me wrong I cringe just as much as when I here hardcore do similar things. Why keep doing it? It's so boring! It's like none of them will use their own imagination to create a new tune in a similar vein or even look somewhere else for a less obvious cover.

IMO this is pretty poor trance too but I guess it's not like it's gonna get played at Godkitchen more like your local zanzibar where it belongs.

Pete is Everyone
Everyone is Pete
Pete is the One

Feel my Pain http://www.impactclub.com/dezmond.htm

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page