Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 Where are the Ladies?!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dj-freedom Does anyone agree that there are far too few female DJs n artists producing Hardcore out there?!! The only female DJ Ive heard of is Chris E Manic who's wicked!!

Also is there any female members of this site out there?!!

DJ Freedom
junglist_angel Yes it's true that there are not too many female artists. The shitty part about it is that female DJ's do not get the same revenue as male DJ's. Try to book Storm or Goldie, Storm will be less just because that is how the market runs at the moment. Perhaps if there were more female DJ's, this would not occur. But that's just the way it is right now.
Me personally, I love music and want to persue my life within the scene. But I want to manage music more than make it.

whispering You got to check mollymush's mixes at www.mollymush.com
IMO shes the best female hardcore DJ...

Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
You got to check mollymush's mixes at www.mollymush.com
IMO shes the best female hardcore DJ...

Yep check her out, she is also IMO best *female* hardcore DJ.

*This is what makes me.....This is what i am!*
milo *ahem* valerie sparks anyone?

whispering ^^ Mollymush vs Valerie Sparks "live at whateva"...
thats the only one i have from her... And coz of my location, a live set is not an option for me... But if you know any other Mix's from her let me know?

kande hey.. i just registered for this board.. but im a girl and i spin hardcore... mostly gabber but a lot of hhc too... :)

Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by kande:
hey.. i just registered for this board.. but im a girl and i spin hardcore... mostly gabber but a lot of hhc too... :)

The next Lady Dana lol, I forgot bout her, she is an awesome DJ.

*Rocking to the beat and we took it to the floor, DJ's in the club spin the record Back & Forth....*
milo could always do what Paulina Taylor did and have a female name to get booked

kande i could be the next lady dana... *sigh* maybe someday.. i do like it hard, rough n fast though... my MUSIC!!!! ;) im just gettnig started, but ive got 2 upcoming bookings out of state in the next few weeks... so hopefully things will start going my way...

i li ve in arizona (no hardcore scene whatsoever) but i will not spin here.. being a female dj isnt the easiest thing in the world... my first "booking" i got my name on the flyer, was pumped and ready to go, but was told just days before the party that i would not be recieving a timeslot unles i had sex with him... i got that from about 3 promoters out here until i decided to spin out of state exclusively.. so hopefully these two upcoming gigs will help me out, on in so cal and one out east.. wheres everyoen from???

kande is much too.. plurry *gasp* of a name for a gabber dj... but im kinda a dork and couldnt think of anything better, and its been my screenname for years... but hell.. what can i say.. not too many grrrlz spin gabber... definatly feelin mah hardcore grrrlz out there! much luv n nuff respectz~

Steffie

Jaide ...i'm a chick..and i'm a DJ.. been spinning Happycore for 2 and 1/2 years now as of last week, but played Hard House before that..started out as just something fun to do, then decided to start spinning out about a year ago...

I don't get many bookings (except for a fairly big event that myself and my friend mike is throwing for my 21st birthday and his 23rd coming up in July..heh) because hardcore isn't too big in St. Louis right now, and i'm extremely busy running my production company (I-Jam Productions *gotta love self promotion!*) throwing events, managing DJs..etc...but I have played at a few undergrounds, commercial raves, house parties, and a weekly event I used to run...so I have some expierence....but I'll spin anywhere anytime just because I love it. :)

In a few weeks i'll have a mix online for download..just incase anyone cares

------------------
DJ Jaide
Founder of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis
http://groups.aol.com/ijamprod
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!
tommo Ann Savage,Mc Q,Lady Dana....there are quite a few really.

I'm just nucking futs!
[email protected]
Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by Jaide:
.In a few weeks i'll have a mix online for download..just incase anyone cares

------------------
DJ Jaide
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

Will, be waiting for it The mix of course.

*Rocking to the beat and we took it to the floor, DJ's in the club spin the record Back & Forth....*
Exhile Thatl be cool. Ill have a listen.

I always do. I have way too much spair time on my hands ya see

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
Brian K in any sort of electronic music, men are in the majority as far as djing/producing. i think there are too many women that just settle for being dj hoes =P

arizona used to have a really good hardcore scene, but from what i've heard it's all pretty much gone =/

"we'll delete the weak"
Baby_Angel Im a girl but i dont spin or nethin, i jus love d musik!

Roses are red, voilets are blue, im a schitzophrenic and so am i.....
kande
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
in any sort of electronic music, men are in the majority as far as djing/producing. i think there are too many women that just settle for being dj hoes =P

arizona used to have a really good hardcore scene, but from what i've heard it's all pretty much gone =/

"we'll delete the weak"

AZ used to have one hell of a scene... theres still a couple djs around here, but no ones pushing anything out... im trying to get outta the state though, like i said, one booking coming up in so cal, and one up in the north east... but we had an amazing scene here.. could rival with the best... but it just fell apart....

i agree with you abuot the women settling to be DJ hoes.. *sigh* i was a 16 year old raver once too, but now i want to be behind the decks... ill have a mix up too in the next couple weeks.. seems im a bit of a dorktard abut computers and stuff, because i cant seem to make a goddamned cd for the life of me.. but hopefully soon...

and tehre aer some women gabber djs, were just very few and far between... same for every genre i suppose though... but im definatly proud to be a female dj...

Brian K even rarer are hardcore djs that aren't lesbians

i think part of arizona and most places problems are shady and just all around crappy production companies

"we'll delete the weak"
kande ^i think youre a man who knows what hes talking about ;)

mrsmataveli Here is a female!
I was thinking the same about all the male DJ's gettin the credit and the females being pushed to the side.
What likeyou need a pair of balls to be a big DJ?

kande HELLA CHILL!!!! you spin too girl????

virus
quote:
I was thinking the same about all the male DJ's gettin the credit and the females being pushed to the side. What like you need a pair of balls to be a big DJ?

I dont think that's the case at all.. I think female dj's get more credit then their male counterpart actually..

But the fact is, is that 99% of dj's are male.. It would only benefit to scene to have more females spinning

and we wonder why there arent more female DJs... I quit for a long time because of that. Girls get treated like shit, instead of being respected for being empowered and talented, we get told to suck someones dick for a timeslot...

the political ******** is crap... im not trying to whine and say "its not fair" but i think that we should at least be respected for our talent instead of our tits.

mrsmataveli Maybe we should organize one big hardcore rave, with female dj's only.

Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by mrsmataveli:
Maybe we should organize one big hardcore rave, with female dj's only.

I bet not alot of people would turn up though.

Hardcore We Will Stand.....Hardcore We Will Fall.
kande thats pretty ****ed up.

im as good as any guy spinnin hardcore right now, if not better.... but im not gettnig booked beacuse i wont **** promoters to get a timeslot...

how many men have that problem?

all girl parties are always successful, its not completely absurd to have a good female DJ, i just think men are intimidated by strong talented women...

i think youre right mrs matavali

Jaide
quote:
thats pretty ****ed up.

im as good as any guy spinnin hardcore right now, if not better.... but im not gettnig booked beacuse i wont **** promoters to get a timeslot...

that's a shitty situation..luckily here, that's not the case at all. myself, and other female DJs get respect where respect is due...the majority of promoters are very fair in their ways of booking, booking on talent and not on piece of ass...

if you have a demo, and you're as good as you say you are and if you're interested in playing in St. Louis, let me know..I might book you sometime, or atleast talk to other promoters around me to see if they'd book you :)

------------------
DJ Jaide
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!
kande awesome- im gonna put a mix up online as soon as i get the necessary cables.. so should be in the next 1-2 weeks...

Im interested in playing out anywhere and everywhere i can- ill let you know when my demo is available...

silver Submit a mix to HappyHardcore.com radio, only talent required to get on our radio :)

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.
mrsmataveli well what can i say it's attitudes like daveo's that makes it unfair. At the moment im producing(trying anyway) and it's like whats the sense in making a Cd and sending it off like anyone will listen to it, they would see that im a female and chuck it. I might sound like im being bias but thats how it comes across. As soon as i can i will send a CD or somit and let you all judge.

Dave Murray I would turn up though! But alot of people go to see BIG starts like, DJ SY & Scott Brown. Im just saying it as it is. Im all for female DJ's myself.

Hardcore We Will Stand.....Hardcore We Will Fall.
jambo 29 It would b nice 2 c more women djs given a chance 2 prove there skills on the decks

whispering IMO if the DJ is female its always a good thing

zarlon I have 6 to 7 gigs of happy hardcore/oldschool hardcore on my hard drive at home, I'm a happyhardcore mc (who has yet to get on tha stage =/..) who knows all six to seven gigs of tracks word for word beat for beat sample for sample... lol... Oh yeah, I'll probably start spinning the hhC soon, if my budget allows it. =)

I've also started work on a happycore track or two, collaborations with a friend and whatnot... Pretty interested with the world of music.

Oh, hey, look.. and I'm a chick too!! Trés étrange, non?

I guess this applies to a lot of things in today's society, but I see a lot of females being intimidated by the lack of, well, female participation in certain industries. They prefer to take the attitude that if something is/has been dominated by males in the past, that it will, and should always be. (Well, if you don't get the ball rollin', change will never happen!)
I think that what the wimmen' artists need is to suck it up, and get out there.

..Hardcore ain't just a guys sport, yah know.

(Btw.. what ch'all think of a female, non english accented happy hardcore mc... yes, no? maybe so?)

peace :)
kande
quote:
Originally posted by zarlon:
I guess this applies to a lot of things in today's society, but I see a lot of females being intimidated by the lack of, well, female participation in certain industries. They prefer to take the attitude that if something is/has been dominated by males in the past, that it will, and should always be. (Well, if you don't get the ball rollin', change will never happen!)
I think that what the wimmen' artists need is to suck it up, and get out there.

I disagree- The women who are out there poundin out the 'core, are the ones who are strong enough to overcome alll of the obstacles that stand in the way from being a female dj. I dont see that as the way women DJs think at all- we know going into it that there arent all that many... From my experience at least, its not ,e being scared to play, or to be one of the FEW women hardcore DJs (and yes i mean hardcore, i spin WAY more gabbr than hhc) *BUT* that the problem lies in the people who are interested in booking me. Tits seem to come before talent, at least from my experience, though id like to hear from another girl whose had a different experience...

CaNDi hey...there are very few female djs....and i think there should be more....I have tables I spin in calgary...but we need more Ladies
'

PLUR

»»CäÑdÏ««
DJ Pathfinder i think the females are mostly less into music buying / producing / mixing

but when more girls are doing that more female djs will be booked

and some djs say girls have less talent / skills is ********.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by mrsmataveli:
At the moment im producing(trying anyway) and it's like whats the sense in making a Cd and sending it off like anyone will listen to it, they would see that im a female and chuck it. I might sound like im being bias but thats how it comes across. As soon as i can i will send a CD or somit and let you all judge.

Send it to me, I release tunes that are quality, I don't care what sex you are...

Plus the terrible twins release of NuEnergy is two female producers if you are interested.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.
Midway_raver Personally i'd love to c more female hardcore dj's, Scott Brown and Sy and evry1 are wicked but they don't really float my boat if ya know what i mean. Now get a few good looking women djing and u have corking music and some eye candy aswell!!!

Sorry for the totally sexist attitude there! 1000's of years of evolution was lost on me:S

Seriously tho i think female hardcore dj's deserve serious credit for getting into the scene esp the gabber dj's ( cus u only ever see about 4 women in the techno room even if it's rammed :( ). It seems harder for a female dj over here than in the states by the sound of it for sum reason:(

So im teaching me lil sista to dj so by the time she's sixteen she'll be ripping it up at the sanctuary:D

In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperates us.
kande i am HORRIFIED to see that someone actually posted here that female DJs have less talent then men...

my tits dont make me less able to match a beat and mix a song...

put me in a room with DJs at my same level and I will keep my own or surpass them every ****ing time...

no need for a sexist attitude...

Simon
quote:

Yeah but I bet they get you places and things I can never get.

I feel I need implants and I need 'em quick .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
Inferno Daveo:

quote:
Im all for female DJ's myself.

And I'm sure it's not the "female" part he likes best.

(only joking)

I've only just started spinning, and I've got plenty of time to get good, too.

mollymush Hey I just thought I would chime in on this topic....lately a lot more female djs have been popping up, especially in the hardcore scene in the US. I actually threw a party that was all female hardcore djs, only 1 room though, 7 djs.

I am pretty lucky, living in the SF bay area female djs are very accepted, and the numbers keep growing. It sucks that some of you seem to be getting booked only because you are a girl or that promoters are expecting you to sleep your way to the top. Be strong ad just keep popping out the mixes. No matter what, talent will get you far in the end.

If you guys get a chance to check out any female hardcore djs these are the ones I have been impressed with time and time again: DJ Cynikal (Los Angeles, Ca) she spins happy gabber and happy hardcore, and hardcore. She blows any male dj I have seen away, there is nothign this chick can't do, 50 trax in an hour what!?!?!!;) She should have a mix up soon. Also DJ Lite Brite from the east coast spins Happy Hardcore, 2-Step, DnB. She ****s it up on the decks, and has some incredibly rare trax. And of course Chris E Manic, who needs no introduction. She has stepped over the boundry of dj to producers, and puts out some wicked trax. I wonder if her name seeming like a males has anythign to do with that?........

molly
www.mollymush.com
www.hardcoreforthepeople.com
Chrysostomou I haven't seen one HHC female dj in the uk but that certainly doesn't mean that women aren't just as good... I would be very interested to hear some female mixing on the online radio so come on girls send some in, and get in there with the big boys

HARDCORE TILL I DIE!
if video games affected us as children, then we would all be running around in dark rooms, munching magical pills and dancing to repetitive music!
kande im gonna throw a shameless plug for my new boards out there.. im officially with evl beatz productions outta nyc ;)http://pub151.ezboard.com/bevlbeatproductions15806

ravinlil I love the music and everything thing about it, I would love to be a great female hardcore Dj Ive done some mixes on my mates decks and ive got to say Im not that bad! but the problem is I ant got anough money to buy a decient pair of decks or the vynal Ive bin lookin for about 2 years for some decient decks (on the cheeper side!) but there aint none. I think this is why there arnt many women Djs because there aint enough opportunity to equip yoursely without a big wad of cash behind you the same could be said for men too but its also consedered to be more of a lads thing to do. Well thats just my oppinion speaking from experiance that is.

remember keep on ravin!

Oli G To be completley honest, whenever ive seen female dj's spin they have been given more attention than the males (because women are usualy georgeous, we aint heh)

and females have just as much talent as us, if not more, (there brains being able to cope with two things at once and all), its just there is a lack of them, and as said the scene is 99% dominated by male djs, what do you expect?

More girls get spinning!

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
ravinlil IM TRYIN, REALY I AM!!

hardcore can be the route to evil, if spun incorrectly!
Jaide
quote:
Originally posted by ravinlil:
I love the music and everything thing about it, I would love to be a great female hardcore Dj Ive done some mixes on my mates decks and ive got to say Im not that bad! but the problem is I ant got anough money to buy a decient pair of decks or the vynal Ive bin lookin for about 2 years for some decient decks (on the cheeper side!) but there aint none. I think this is why there arnt many women Djs because there aint enough opportunity to equip yoursely without a big wad of cash behind you the same could be said for men too but its also consedered to be more of a lads thing to do. Well thats just my oppinion speaking from experiance that is.

remember keep on ravin!

make friends with someone that works at a store that handles DJ eqipment...there's a good chance they'll hook you up with some kind of discount...or just get a job at one.

I work at a place that sells equipment..and I bought myself a brand new pair of decks for my birthday with a super phat discount.. Probably the best discount on the planet.

Check ebay also, sometimes you can be a little sketchy about the quality of the product, but sometimes you can get lucky and run into equipment distrubitors and get a phat discount that way also.

Excuses won't get you far, just keep looking...save your money and buy a quality pair of decks (if your serious about DJing) not just something cheap, you'll be happy you did.

Then, like with everything else.. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

-Reverend Jaide-
No Limit Thump Thump Thump Church of Hardcore Princess
*Original Hardcore & Junglist Rude Girl Burnin Up Your Decks!*
Happy Hardcore DJ and Founder of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis
ravinlil thanks for the advice Ill take it on board an maby one day all you lot will be listening to my hardcore tunes!!

hardcore can be the route to evil, if spun incorrectly!
Dj Dess I think there need to be more female djs my self actually...I'm on the east coast probably gonna start throwing parties this summer...any east coast females with talent I'd be happy to support with no sex involved talent gets you further than your body in my book :)

"THEY'RE.....THEY'RE...COM....THEY'RE...COMI....THEY'RE...COMING!!!!!!"
Sean Apollo i don't compare guy and gals when it comes to djing. They can both be just as skilled as one another. But in the hardcore scene i do agree, i would like to see more female talent....

---DJApollo---
Direct Drive Productions
Midland, Michigan

One Sexy Dj... : )

"Is this the real life?"
dagapman gurlz are hot

moemario I don't really care about female DJ's. I like men more

dezmond
quote:
i am HORRIFIED to see that someone actually posted here that female DJs have less talent then men...

put me in a room with DJs at my same level and I will keep my own or surpass them every ****ing time...

no need for a sexist attitude...

It's ok we have Lisa Lashes over here and I think that's what's conjoured up that crazy image in this young mans head.

I believe the reason that there are fewer female DJ's is that women tend to be less anally retentive than guys and tend to be less obsessive. Obviously there are baltant exceptions to that but it just boils down to the fact that deep down all us guys are grade - a geeks.

Pete is Everyone
Everyone is Pete
Pete is the One

Feel my Pain http://www.impactclub.com/dezmond.htm
jimnicricket http://funshine.org/djjimnicricket.htm
I rock the dj-ness ... I am a girl.
0=jimnicricket

I can write whatever I want ...I have nothing to prove*-*
FireWire I think there are quite a bit of female DJ's out there but just haven't been heard yet.

Some wicked good ones are:

Molly Mooooooosh (San Fran)
Cynikal (LA)
Tika (Places)
Scoots (Toronto)
Apathy (Toronto)
Lite Brite (Mass)
Valerie Sparks (San Fran)
Miss Vibes (NY)
Swiss Miss (KY)
Cris.E.Manic (US)

mollymush lol....this moosh thing is getting out of hand =P

Theres a few more to add to the list

Dj Strawberry (arizona)
Exotic (LA)
DJ 2qt (SF)
DJ Barbie (SF)
Mikro Machine (Sacramento, ca)
DJ Super (freeform mainly) also from sac, ca
DJ Mischief (uk) plays makina (heres a link to her set http://www.evilkandee.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1585 )

and we can't forget Chris E Manic (producer and dj)....who is from the UK not the US

molly
www.mollymush.com
www.hardcoreforthepeople.com
Hard2Get
quote:
Dj Strawberry (arizona)

What a wicked DJ name :)

SEEKY I REALLY DON'T CARE WETHER THEY ARE FEMALE OR MALE AS LONG AS THEY CAN DJ WELL

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
Traktoririst As a female DJ is hard to get gigs :(
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Traktoririst:
As a female DJ is hard to get gigs :(

Living in Estonia can't help either :P
Laser I guess I'm sort of an oddball being a queer (genderfluid female) DJ but hey I'm here and I exist and I mix for online crowds once a week.

Lots of people that aren't dudes representing the hardcore sound! ♥
DjZelous
quote:
Originally posted by Laser:
I guess I'm sort of an oddball being a queer (genderfluid female) DJ but hey I'm here and I exist and I mix for online crowds once a week.

just played your Year of the Banger mix! you killed it! you just gained a follow
where do you play online?
Laser
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:
Originally posted by Laser:
I guess I'm sort of an oddball being a queer (genderfluid female) DJ but hey I'm here and I exist and I mix for online crowds once a week.

just played your Year of the Banger mix! you killed it! you just gained a follow
where do you play online?

Thanks :D I play for SecondLife, or tune in here saturdays at 9pm-11pm EST.

http://64.237.34.50:8932/
ArdcorePower There's more female artists these days. There was and still is some really good female dnb/breakbeat/bass dj's off the top of my head Kemistry(RIP) & Storm, DJ Wildchild, Jo Jo Rock, DJ Rap, Jocelyn D, DJ Terra, DJ Shortee, Reid Speed, DJ Freedom, Queensyze, Syrup Girls, Annalyze, Femme Fatale, DJ Lioness, DJ Empress.

I think some of these women are retired, but some are still going strong....

a couple others like DJ Chiclet (Hard Trance/Trance/Morning Trance), Lady Bass (UK Hardhouse/Trance), DJ Scoots (Hardcore of all kinds), Le Freak (Trance/Acid/Gabber), Miss Zelda (Early Hardcore/Uptempo), Darkangel (Gabber), Miss Flower (Gabber), Double Dee (Gabber/Techno/US Hardhouse/Acid), DJ Apathy (Oldschool Gabber/US Hard House/Booty House) Jen Mas (Gabber/Dnb/Scratching), Madam Zu (Hard Dance Legend), Miss Thunderpussy (German Hard Trance/Trance), Mama C (Booty/Ghetto/House), DJ Irene (US Hard House/Progressive/Club Legend), DJ S'Aphira & Goetia aka Riot Girls (All things Uptempo), DJ Heaven (Trance/Progressive)

I could probably think of more, but these are the ones I can remember and some have been mentioned already.
DJIntensity DJ Sc@r and Miss Special K come to mind.

It took 3.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page