Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Rise of rap style sampling & NL Uptempo Hardcore
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/03/14 :  23:50:53  Show profile Send a private message
What do you think of the massive rise of this genre? I really think this sound is going to be a huge part of the rave scene in the next few years. Possibly close to as big as Hardstyle. I started hating Gabber back in the 2000's when it went very slow and techy.
But find myself liking it a lot again since Uptempo has started to be produced a lot. Reminds me of the 90s with the rap sampling and fast beats except with modern production.

Is one thing I miss in UK Hardcore, all the hip hop sampling guys like Brisk, Scott Brown and Marc Smith used to do a lot of. Much prefer rapping to guys singing in most tracks.

Do you guys think rap and uptempo production styles from the gabber scene will start to become part of UK Hardcore again?

Spitnoize Uptempo Hardcore dj who uses a lot of hip hop in tracks.

Other Uptempo Hardcore

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator

Edited by - rafferty on 2020/03/22 01:21:10
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/03/15 :  01:16:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I'm not a big fan of rap in general, but I like the occasional sample like Brisk and Scott Brown used. I just hope UK Hardcore doesn't start sounding like either of those tracks you posted.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/03/15 :  08:08:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
You must have listened to the wrong kind of Gabber if you think it ever went slow.

Yes, Dutch Hardcore went slower and more techie and melodic (I like mainstream hardcore for the melody), but gabber is, very much gabber

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2020/03/15 :  09:33:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
I used to call it 'Rapcore' and got laughed at for it!

Of course a lot of early Hardcore sampled bits of early Hip Hop

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/03/15 :  10:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I used to call it 'Rapcore' and got laughed at for it!

Of course a lot of early Hardcore sampled bits of early Hip Hop

I hate this inclusion of big rap breaks. I dunno why they are using them in the way they are. It's different if you are using small snippets of rap vocals, but the break actually being a rap break, **** that , lame.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/03/15 :  12:10:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I'm not bothered by the rap samples as a lot of gabber producers have done it for years. What does bother me with a lot of modern gabber and that uptempo nonsense (does it really need its own name as it's nothing new or different) is the distinct lack of kick drums. Sorry but most of them don't qualify.

tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2020/03/15 :  20:15:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage
I agree, I miss the rap bits that alot of UK used to have. One of my all time favs is still PSA by RLD. I remember being at Hullabaloo Make Believe and Sharkey was over in North America for the first time and dropped that bad boy and it blew my mind. It was UK hardcore, but rough like the classic gabber but had a flavor all on its own. That tune and Passion by AC Slater and Daywalker is another amazing rap bit tune. Also Dynamite by Storm and Menis...Ah too many to name

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/03/16 :  07:28:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I'm not bothered by the rap samples as a lot of gabber producers have done it for years. What does bother me with a lot of modern gabber and that uptempo nonsense (does it really need its own name as it's nothing new or different) is the distinct lack of kick drums. Sorry but most of them don't qualify.

what do you mean, lack of kickdrums ?

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2020/03/16 :  09:23:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Bonkers 14 had some 'Rapcore'

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/03/16 :  19:15:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

what do you mean, lack of kickdrums ?

Most of the uptempo stuff you posted in the other thread had such light distorted kicks has so little impact that I dare say they can't really be classed as proper kick drums. Take that eddyhardcore track just up on the thread... Utter rubbish because the kicks are too light

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/03/17 :  05:06:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
I don't hear any difference between them and normal hardcore. Rawstyle and uptempo kicks tend to be more "squashed" in terms of transients as i've recently found out (Its intentional)

I kinda agree you need a kick to hit you in the face, but these kinda kicks tend to hit you more in the stomach.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2020/03/17 :  14:15:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage

There's a lot of crap about but some good artists to check are Vandal!ism, Hardbouncer, Cryogenic, Insanity, Rizer and more. Check out my latest mix!

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/03/22 :  01:12:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
You must have listened to the wrong kind of Gabber if you think it ever went slow.

Yes, Dutch Hardcore went slower and more techie and melodic (I like mainstream hardcore for the melody), but gabber is, very much gabber

Of course it went slow. You listen to Dutch Hardcore/Gabber mixes from the mid to late 90s and compare them to the 2000s. Most tracks are substantially slower.

Samination always trying so hard to prove me wrong but ending up wrong himself.
Next you will be saying uptempo is not fast lol..

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2020/03/22 :  21:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I'm not a fan, but if it spills over in to UK Hardcore, I would hope it takes the 90s eurodance stance and have a rap sample with a female chorus.

mirceaended
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2022/09/03 :  10:11:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mirceaended's homepage
This music sounds crazy, but i definately like it

uwenerve4
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2022/09/03 :  10:13:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit uwenerve4's homepage
I think it will enter Spotify's top hardcore songs in 2023. It's too heavy music for me, but my brother is just a fan of this genre. His birthday is coming soon, and I want to know more about what he likes to make him a good gift that he will be happy about. So far, I think the best option for a gift is a guitar. He has wanted to learn how to play this instrument for a long time, and I think he will be very happy about it. Moreover, I already know the site ironageaccessories.com where I can order all the necessary additional equipment for the guitar since all my friends use this site and I can trust it. So far, I have not decided exactly in favor of this option, but it seems to me that in the end, I will choose it.

Edited by - uwenerve4 on 2022/09/06 13:50:34

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page