2020s Hardcore Sound
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2020/11/06 :  07:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Joey Riot with Seduction - they are calling this a happy hardcore anthem (not so sure!)
https://www.beatport.com/release/good-feeling/3059626

I remember Joey Riot & Seduction did make some great collabs in the 2000s.

what is it about Seduction always selling off all his assets, then doing a disappearing act, One of the biggest Hardcore Rave labels and Happy Hardcore labels and one of the top 90's Happy Hardcore raves promoter and of course has one of the biggest DJs during that time, only to come back and do it all again for a SECOND time during the peak UK Hardcore, only to sell it all off again.

Hardcore Heaven and Uproar was some of the best raves i ever went to, and and Impact and Maximum Impact some of the best tunes of that era

Even his early Hardcore Raves tunes was entering the UK top 40 pop charts and has much has i loved the bedroom style producers back then, Seduction was definitely not one of them, already knew what he was doing from the get go.

Has he ever made a bad tune?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/11/07 :  06:53:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
quote:
Joey Riot with Seduction - they are calling this a happy hardcore anthem (not so sure!)
https://www.beatport.com/release/good-feeling/3059626

I remember Joey Riot & Seduction did make some great collabs in the 2000s.

what is it about Seduction always selling off all his assets, then doing a disappearing act, One of the biggest Hardcore Rave labels and Happy Hardcore labels and one of the top 90's Happy Hardcore raves promoter and of course has one of the biggest DJs during that time, only to come back and do it all again for a SECOND time during the peak UK Hardcore, only to sell it all off again.

Hardcore Heaven and Uproar was some of the best raves i ever went to, and and Impact and Maximum Impact some of the best tunes of that era

Even his early Hardcore Raves tunes was entering the UK top 40 pop charts and has much has i loved the bedroom style producers back then, Seduction was definitely not one of them, already knew what he was doing from the get go.

Has he ever made a bad tune?

There have been the odd dodgy mid 90s Seduction tune but most are decent all through the impact catalogue tbh, but he wasn't the most popular DJ by any stroke. I went to god knows how many events over the years and he wasn't on all of them by any means. You'd have the regular names at most, like Slipmatt, Dougal, Brisk, Sy, Clarkee but Seduction was on n off.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/11/11 :  16:59:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote

tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2020/11/12 :  15:43:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
(Darwin & Haywire - Another Life) You have to be kidding, we had 15 yrs of that same dated sound. That crap is dead and buried.
Is not even real Hardcore, just Trance riffs spead up to 170bpm.

Well the 00's sound is what I want to hear (at least updated versions of it).

Hey if the Kniteforce followers get to hear updated versions of old sounds why can the 00's get their due, which given that its the last time hardcore was really profitible of any kind. I would think there would be a market for updated 00's sound.

I'm not saying to have the other sounds as well. We need variety, and that is part of the problem as to why UK/Happy hardcore is in the slump its in.

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2020/11/12 :  20:00:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
Not many producers nowadays make any decent stuff compared to years gone by, that al storm mix on hixxys rinse fm show was awful. I respect al because he made some great tracks in the 90s and 2000s but not feeling this new 24/7 stuff at all and also I don?t like that rob iyf. Just my opinion by the way guys, I much preferred the Marc smith mix on the hixxy show.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/11/28 :  22:21:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/11/29 :  02:41:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:

Decent melody but some of the worst percussion I've ever heard. What is that?

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2020/11/29 :  11:02:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:

Decent melody but some of the worst percussion I've ever heard. What is that?

The kick sounds like someone slapping a cardboard box. Maybe it sounds better on a big system(!).

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/11/29 :  16:49:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Has Smoogie seen this?

raving sims are his shit

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/11/29 :  21:02:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I love this song.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/11/30 :  21:21:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting this track to be this style. Prefer the style after first breakdown. After second breakdown more hardstyle.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/11/30 :  22:28:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Wasn't expecting this track to be this style. Prefer the style after first breakdown. After second breakdown more hardstyle.

Nice track but too slow.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Posted - 2020/11/30 :  23:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I like it. Just two complaints I have about several more recent tracks. Choruses are too short, and I'm not a fan them adding in hardstyle for the second chorus.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/12/03 :  01:56:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

160bpm

Is it even hardcore?

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Posted - 2020/12/03 :  07:48:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

160bpm

Is it even hardcore?

It is after timestretching it with elastique 3 pro in Reaper. Outstanding results.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2020/12/03 07:49:25

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page