Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 modern 95 style paul elstak tune
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/10/26 :  22:34:14  Show profile Send a private message

thoughts?

Alert moderator

Edited by - possys2 on 2021/10/26 22:34:50
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/10/27 :  05:38:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
Forever young esque much ?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2021/10/27 :  06:24:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:

In today's 160 market, I'll take it.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/10/28 :  09:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I like it!

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2021/10/28 :  15:35:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage

:)

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/10/30 :  01:38:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by possys2:

thoughts?

Good track. Always liked how the Dutch deliberately ignore the camp candy shite in their clips and look like real Hardcore people.

Is almost like Candy fools never existed in the Netherlands Hardcore/Hardstyle scene. I can't imagine a guy with a dummy in his mouth and wearing rainbow pants would fit in too well at one one their events either.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2021/10/30 02:09:45
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2021/10/30 :  07:59:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Not bad and Paul Elstak looks like he has not really aged one bit!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2021/10/30 :  08:03:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

Good track. Always liked how the Dutch deliberately ignore the camp candy shite in their clips and look like real Hardcore people.

Is almost like Candy fools never existed in the Netherlands Hardcore/Hardstyle scene. I can't imagine a guy with a dummy in his mouth and wearing rainbow pants would fit in too well at one one their events either.

In the Netherlands candy must have a different meaning!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/10/30 :  18:56:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by possys2:

thoughts?

Na, Blumchen recent track was better

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2021/11/04 :  05:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:

Well since candy is from the North American side, I'm sure it would look out of place in the Netherlands . Too each their own.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2021/11/08 :  23:32:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:

Yes, indeed! I mean Paul Elstak has done great work to kind of re-establish the old sound of Happy Hardcore and I completely liked most of his productions, which he had published within the last 10 years - especially during the hype about the "New Kids".
However, to me this track is a devastating development, that Pauls Elstak seems to have run out of new ideas and obviously tries to recyle old melodies by publishing them under a new name and new lyrics - in this case Interactive - Forever Young.
Damn! I didn't thought that popular producers of the scene simply try to rebrand old tracks as being new ones just like Pop-trash queen Ava Max does it all the time. Of course many tracks in the past simply had been cheap bootlegs or rip-offs, but at least back those day the producers were more creative to establish a unique Hardcore sound instead of barely changing anything at all.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/11/12 :  22:47:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:

Well since candy is from the North American side, I'm sure it would look out of place in the Netherlands . Too each their own.

Yeah it never made sense to me how a lot of Canadians & American ravers got so into Candy. As sport & streetwear is mostly from there.

This is the way I remember most people looking like at a Hardcore rave from the late 90s to the early 2000s in the UK & Netherlands. The Netherlands is still not much different even now.

Sorry but to me Hardcore lost a lot of credibility when Candy became part of it.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2021/11/12 22:58:15
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2021/11/13 :  02:25:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:

Yeah it never made sense to me how a lot of Canadians & American ravers got so into Candy. As sport & streetwear is mostly from there.

This is the way I remember most people looking like at a Hardcore rave from the late 90s to the early 2000s in the UK & Netherlands. The Netherlands is still not much different even now.

Sorry but to me Hardcore lost a lot of credibility when Candy became part of it.

Well, it does make sense if you consider the separated developments and the complete different roots of both scenes!
The Flamish style of Hardcore is way much closer connected to the Gabber scene, which to my opinion share way more similiarities with the Metal scene (dark and hard). From what I've heard so far the developments of the Scottish scene seems to be compareable.
I personally do consider all this candy stuff much more closer to the rave scene! To me it's simply a peak development, which had started with wearing colourful clothes, to whistle and to cheer to the music. In the videos about earlier times that I had watched, I noticed this part of the scene took place back in the 80's during the age of the old-school Breakbeat UK Hardcore, Acid House and early Techno and becomming comercially successfull in the 90's. Back these days it was all bout Love, Peace and Unity (which later on developed to PLUR/R in the Candy scene)!
If you watch videos about the era of Loveparade and Mayday during the first half of the 90's, you simply cannot compare the situation on such an event with the ones, which do take place at today's non-old-school Flamish ones.
Of course it is your personal choice, which kind of style you prefer most and we must respect your point of view! Still, to me it kind of sounds slightly harsh to call the Candy scene a temporary fashion that peaked out several years ago. At least we should be aware that North Americans tend to exaggerate things to an outstanding point. To me on the one hand the Candy scene is something a little bit bizarre, but on the other hand it is quite nice and cheers up the complete Hardcore scene. It just completely meets the statement, which artist Matt Stokes once said about Happy Hardcore (it is shown in my signature as well):"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!".
After the last Love Parade in Duisburg I visited an unofficial alternative after hour rave, where the DJs mostly played Gabber, Industrial Hardcore and Frenchcore. The music was fine, but the people were completely filled by scepticism and turned out to behave extreamly grumpy to others, who were not known as part of the local scene.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/11/13 :  19:40:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Quite simply, is it a good track? Yes..... the end.

Plus remember every major evolution since 2012 with new ideas (apart from powerstomp) has sucked and has largely been abandoned in favour of what works.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2021/11/14 :  03:00:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Quite simply, is it a good track? Yes..... the end.

Plus remember every major evolution since 2012 with new ideas (apart from powerstomp) has sucked and has largely been abandoned in favour of what works.

Well, of course the sound of Hardcore changes and adjusts itself to what currently is going on at today's scene of Electronic Music! However, I was kind of pissed, when several years ago every single producer had seemed to be trying to push their own tracks and mixes only. And it hasn't even stoped!
I completely understand that the name of the genre UK Hardcore became out-dated and after an era, which had started in the year 2000 by modernising the former Happy Hardcore genre, those times are over and people want to try out new things. What I disliked is that back those days producers instead of trying to create a new unique sound, they only copied the sound of another subgenres, simply sped it up and rebranding these as a new subgenre and proudly tapping on their own shoulders by mentioning that they were the ones, who have invented this new sound. Simply speed up Hardstyle, Dubstep, Electro, Minimal and EDM is no revolution, it's a cheap copy only!
I remember a discussion either on this forum or in the chat at the radio, where someone from the US stated that Freeform Hardcore is nothing else than sped up Hardtrance. I know that many people (incl. myself) totally rejected this statement! After several years I still do think that it actually is wrong, but technically his statement can be considered to be valid. Well produced Freeform Hardcore has always included parts of many other subgenres, but for some productions - especially the bootlegs - it may be true to point out that they are nothing else, but sped up Trance or Hardtrance.
To my opinion back in the 90's there was way more creativity! Back these days the producers had grown up in an era of the enriched sounds of the 80's. There was Synthie-Pop, Electro-Pop, Hip House, Acid House, Techno, Breakbeat, NRG any many others, so they were able to access to many individual sounds and created a great mashup, which included the best of everything. They fitted all together to an individual mash-up an had created something outstandingly new! Today I feel like the scene is stuck on many one-way roads leading to nowhere in the middle of a desert.
I'm deeply sorry for kind of developing this discussion to a point totally out of topic, but I had a feeling to lift off a tremendous weight of my heart and your posting started started a point of my ignition!
I'm just frustrated that Paul Elstak and others regularly pruduce appetisers only, but in this particular case it doesn't even sound well produced for my individual kind of taste. I prefer the real old-school tracks and even the modernised tracks Paul Elstak produced approx. 10 years ago!

Edited by - Warnman on 2021/11/14 03:02:00
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2022/02/20 :  21:22:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Yeah paul elstak seems to do this regularly, have heard a few tunes on you tube the last few years by him happy hardcore style sounding, heard another 1 a few weeks ago as well, can't remember the name though, gabber something

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page