Total online 2137
 Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 To which kind of genres do you listen to now!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2021/12/12 :  03:50:50  Show profile Send a private message
Of course I keep on listening to the very old HHC and the old UKH classics that I am used to! I found myself listening to some music of the 80's (mostly Synthie Pop, NRG, Acid House, German Rock Music and Symphonic Metal as well. I really would like to know how the Goa-rave-scene has developed!
I am very curious to which kind of music you are actually listening today!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Alert moderator
DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/12/12 :  08:47:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
Oh men im all over the place these days. There was a time when it was hc only.. But as im a jack of all traits why cut my self short or miss out on other fun stuff..

But mainly frenchcore and house in general.

Can also do hours of weird speeches, crazy noises and other meme sounds. Gotta love that earrape (I love showing that to people who claim all hardcore is earrape.. xD They dont know..) I kinda like that the Russian embraced our style with Hardbass.. Gues hosting a Thunderdome back in the 90s there did leave an impact, guessing thats what happens when you switch the X with Vodka.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2021/12/12 :  15:56:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Hard Techno
Nitzhonot
Italo Disco
Eurobeat
Hard House
Dark Psytrance

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/12/12 :  21:00:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
dnb and psytrance, mostly full on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnghxqkGz0

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2021/12/14 :  00:51:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
Yeah, Frenchcore always has always made me more curious rather than Industrial Hardcore although both subgenres are pretty close together! Once someone in this Forum presented a Tekkno-track, which was awesome as well. Even the Speedcore track SFOB indroduces made me shiver, although this genre is out of my focus.
Of course I have been confrontated to Psytrance at Goa raves, but usually it was more the classical origin rather than the Darkpsy to which this genre has more and more developed to. I never got fancy about it; espeacially after noticing that when usually totally drugged up people try to dance to it and it turned to out to be a freaking nightmare and they obviously are not aware about what they are doing. I tolerate if people out there want do do drugs, but at least they should know their limit! But those people, who don't know it, are the ones that give such a negative feedback to others, who not or only patially participate at the rave scene.
Italo Disco reminds me to my childhood, when Italian songs became a fashion in Germany for a few years.
Hardhouse is nice, but I do prefer Progressive House and Acid House instead.
D'n'B hasn't been my thing, after both scenes obviously split up, but I really love the tracks that artists like The Panacea publishes, beacuse it completely reminds me of the Breakbeat root of Hardcore. When I joined this forum I'd never even thought about to listen to such kind of tracks, but after listening to Breakbeat Hardcore I got a little bit carried away and understand why this root certainley cannot be denied. CLSM, Wizbeat & Ponder, Cube::Hard and others are artists that rush through my mind right away! Of course there are others as well, which I have forgotten to mention in this thread!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2022/01/16 :  04:32:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
Yeah, Frenchcore always has always made me more curious rather than Industrial Hardcore although both subgenres are pretty close together!

They somewhat have the same kind of flow.. But are def super different.. Frenchcore is more fun in my opinion as well!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2022/01/16 :  17:40:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Predominantly these genres:
Epic, Power or Symphonic Metal
Some Speed Metal and Rock Opera
Video Game Music, mostly fast paced ones.
Royksopp, Jean-Michel Jarre and Mike Oldfield

View my last.fm for a better overview: https://www.last.fm/user/djsamination
And before you ask about the Happy Hardcore list under my playlist. It has to been an autogenerated one, as I haven't even heard half of the songs listed on it

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2022/01/16 17:47:37
x-virus
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2022/01/16 :  17:54:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit x-virus's homepage

German Rave (perplexer,intractive,scooter,dune,u96,rmb)
German HardTrance (Dj gollum,cocooma.meglo mania)
Hardstyle (Brenan heart wildstylz noise controller)
UK Hardcore if produced by Eufeion

other styles
Handsup/Dance (Scoon & Delore, Jens-O ,Empyre one, italobrothers ) (
Italodiso
Pop classics (Prince, Darren Hayes, MJ etc)
Rock (I love Imagine Dragons & Simple Plan)
90s rap music
90s Eurodance
Enigma
Spanish guitar
Ebm/Darkelectro
techno/trance

I don't really listen to Gabba/Frenchcore anymore or Happy Hardcore or UK Hardcore its not my thing plus due to an accident I don't rave anymore.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2022/01/16 :  18:42:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
tbh, you dont need to rave to listen to Hardcore. I didnt go to my first rave until I was 26, and by that time I had listened to Hardcore for 6 years.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2022/01/16 :  19:09:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
tbh, you dont need to rave to listen to Hardcore. I didnt go to my first rave until I was 26, and by that time I had listened to Hardcore for 6 years.

True. That's like saying you need to play guitar in order to listen to metal. I will say one thing though that I feel applies to both "playing guitar" - "Raving", and that is that it sure does change one's perspective on it if you've done it.

One of my reasons for going to my first rave was that I was very eager to hear what the music I'd been listening to sounded like at concert-like levels.

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2022/01/16 :  20:00:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage
almost anything now-a-days
my ipod songs range from abba through to pantera and everything in between.
if i like it, i like it. when i was younger i only listen to hardcore and wouldnt entertain anything else, bit silly looking back as i missed out on some really good music.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2022/01/17 :  22:33:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Hard House. Strictly Hard House.

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2022/01/23 :  18:29:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
Synthwave/Retrowave
Vaporwave
Chillwave
Future Funk
Boogie Funk
City Pop

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page