Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Morning Glory set
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2022/09/15 :  19:40:21  Show profile Send a private message
means all classics, right?

Can anybody give me a better description, or is that about it?

Alert moderator
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2022/09/15 :  21:06:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
The days of me getting morning glory are long gone, sad times

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2022/09/16 :  12:15:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
This is from the HTID events where theyd have a kick off set earlier in the night to get the party started and the morning glory set which was always the last set of the night from 5-6am. Kick off was usually full of upfront new tunes whereas morning glory was all about the classics.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2022/09/16 :  14:27:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Got it, thank you!

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2023/08/27 :  19:34:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
From what i remember the first few htid morning glories where all happy hardcore, but in later years started hearing upfront/uk hardcore in them, but older tracks not new ones, like you say (classics)

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2023/09/02 :  05:50:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Yeah I guess it depended who was doing the morning glory set. Sy for instance would always play happy hardcore if he had the morning glory, which i always thought was a bit of a waste at the time as his upfront stuff was so good. Once it got to the height of the clubland era around 07 the morning glory set was basically just an upfront set played by one of the bigger djs.

For me it was a big enough challenge making it to the morning glory and still being up for it. Either on the come down by then or so ****ed I couldnt see straight. It was a joy to behold if you made it though. One of the best I can remember was styles and breeze at HTID ministry of sound in 2005. Such an awesome set with all their classics before finishing off with their upfront stuff at the time. I remember leaving that rave with such a buzz.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2023/09/13 :  16:31:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Yeah I guess it depended who was doing the morning glory set. Sy for instance would always play happy hardcore if he had the morning glory, which i always thought was a bit of a waste at the time as his upfront stuff was so good. Once it got to the height of the clubland era around 07 the morning glory set was basically just an upfront set played by one of the bigger djs.

For me it was a big enough challenge making it to the morning glory and still being up for it. Either on the come down by then or so ****ed I couldnt see straight. It was a joy to behold if you made it though. One of the best I can remember was styles and breeze at HTID ministry of sound in 2005. Such an awesome set with all their classics before finishing off with their upfront stuff at the time. I remember leaving that rave with such a buzz.

hahahaha yesssss!!!!!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page