Total online 1806
 Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Why doesn't Kniteforce release Bouncy Techno?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/11/20 :  01:34:50  Show profile Send a private message
Now this post is no disrespect to Luna-C as I like a lot of Breakbeat Hardcore and the guy is one of most skilled djs I've seen play. But I just think they would expand their customer base massively if they had 90s Bouncy Techno, 90s style Happy Hardcore or even 90s Gabber versions of tracks or individual tracks on their vinyl releases or B sides.
Because everytime I scroll through the website, the releases seem to be
almost entirely focused on the 1991-1994 era.. How about 1995-1998? Is still oldskool.

Luna-C did release more 4/4 Hardcore on his many labels in the second half of the 90s, so the concept would be nothing new to him.
Renegade Rewind is an all time favorite of mine.
Anyways I hope he reads this, because a lot of people like the faster stuff too as well as the Breakbeats.

Renegade Rewind

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator

Edited by - rafferty on 2022/11/20 01:45:23
Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2022/11/23 :  08:27:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
Hi there! Chris has lost his password, but he told me to post this response for him!

quote:
There are a few reasons for this. The first is that I got into the scene in 1990-1991, and my first love has always been the very early sound - R&S records, Njoi and early Rising High, Eon, Bizzarre Inc, that sort of thing. Then Kniteforce started just after that era and was flying high from 1992-1995...and while I like all the different styles, my main love remains 1990-1995 era breakbeat and old skool.

Coincidentally, since doing vinyl sales, we have found that things with a 4x4 kick do not do sell that well. They usually cover costs, but vinyl is a big outlay, so its higher risk to do the faster, kick drum led stuff.

Because I DO like that style, Kniteforce does do it sometimes.

But...as an artist I lean more towards the earlier sound, and the market also leans more to that sound. That is also the general sort of vibe - we dont have a lot of people making that later sound. Maybe that is a self perpetuating circle, i dont know lol...in the end, I will always promote variety and release music in a variety of styles, but this is where we are at this time is all 🙂

I hope this answers your questions!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2022/11/24 :  10:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
This is a good non breakbeat release from Kniteforce. Has a lot in common with the Dutch Hardcore of the times

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2022/11/24 :  12:47:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Malice will be releasing more in the near future, both on vinyl and digitally, and there's the odd bouncy bit here and there across the labels.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/11/25 :  00:43:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
Hi there! Chris has lost his password, but he told me to post this response for him!

quote:
There are a few reasons for this. The first is that I got into the scene in 1990-1991, and my first love has always been the very early sound - R&S records, Njoi and early Rising High, Eon, Bizzarre Inc, that sort of thing. Then Kniteforce started just after that era and was flying high from 1992-1995...and while I like all the different styles, my main love remains 1990-1995 era breakbeat and old skool.

Coincidentally, since doing vinyl sales, we have found that things with a 4x4 kick do not do sell that well. They usually cover costs, but vinyl is a big outlay, so its higher risk to do the faster, kick drum led stuff.

Because I DO like that style, Kniteforce does do it sometimes.

But...as an artist I lean more towards the earlier sound, and the market also leans more to that sound. That is also the general sort of vibe - we dont have a lot of people making that later sound. Maybe that is a self perpetuating circle, i dont know lol...in the end, I will always promote variety and release music in a variety of styles, but this is where we are at this time is all 🙂

I hope this answers your questions!

Thanks very much for getting a response from him:) It does surprise me that less people buy the faster oldskool hardcore as I know the hardcore scene reached it's peak in 1996.. I will definitely keep an eye out for the rare times he does 170bpm releases though.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2022/11/25 00:44:06
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/11/25 :  00:48:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
This is a good non breakbeat release from Kniteforce. Has a lot in common with the Dutch Hardcore of the times

Your right on the mark with that track Smoogie, that's exactly the stuff I wish they would release more of.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/11/25 :  00:49:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Malice will be releasing more in the near future, both on vinyl and digitally, and there's the odd bouncy bit here and there across the labels.

Nice one, I will definitely keep an eye out for them 😎

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2022/11/25 :  12:56:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

Your right on the mark with that track Smoogie, that's exactly the stuff I wish they would release more of.

It was apparently popular in the Netherlands as it pretty much like a lot of the Dutch Hardcore from 95/96 era. I think that a lot of Dutch artists used to poach samples from Kniteforce so there was a bit of a crossover from time to time. A bit of friendly rivalry but mutual respect from both scenes

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2022/11/28 :  11:15:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

It was apparently popular in the Netherlands as it pretty much like a lot of the Dutch Hardcore from 95/96 era. I think that a lot of Dutch artists used to poach samples from Kniteforce so there was a bit of a crossover from time to time. A bit of friendly rivalry but mutual respect from both scenes

I'm not sure it was always "friendly rivalry"...

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2022/12/02 :  12:03:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:

The scene would not be the scene if rivalry was not friendly. This is not 'Rap' or 'Drill' where people post dis videos or callouts to their rivals. I don't think that Kniteforce ever put out a record called '6 days to kill the Dutch' and Paul Elstak never put out a record called 'Kniteforce suck cocks in hell'

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2022/12/02 :  18:28:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
quote:

The scene would not be the scene if rivalry was not friendly. This is not 'Rap' or 'Drill' where people post dis videos or callouts to their rivals. I don't think that Kniteforce ever put out a record called '6 days to kill the Dutch' and Paul Elstak never put out a record called 'Kniteforce suck cocks in hell'

You've a lot to learn, lad.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/12/04 :  06:54:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
Yeah not sure how much the Dutch liked the UK Hardcore guys. Very few got booked in the Netherlands apart from Scott Brown who was making the best Hardcore on the planet at the time and getting bookings everywhere.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page