Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 HARDCORE
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
lovethescene
Starting Member

Canada
7 posts
Posted - 2004/04/20 :  23:40:25  Show profile Send a private message
iv only been in the hardcore scen for a lil bit (about 6 months) so i was wondering if anyone could fully explain it to me. like the diffrent types of hardcore, dancing, styles, bands ( i no allot but more good music never hurt anyone ). things like that

also im not shur but hardcore is all straight edge right? (no drugs or booze)

well anyways i love the energy at the shows and the music is amazing (lyrics, and tunes) i think hardcore is a great lifestyle in general

well thx in advanced ;)

Alert moderator
DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/04/20 :  23:52:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage
the only thing u have to know is that Bonkers are the best series of Hardcore and that Scott Brown is thee best DJ in the world

Join He Who Walks Behind The Rose

Alert moderator Go to top of page
lovethescene
Starting Member

Canada
7 posts
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  00:00:49  Show profile  Send a private message
i think were talking about diffrent hardcore here

im talking about bands like hatebreed, bad brains, agnostic fron, bury your dead, throwdown, etc

hardcore was started in the US and was a sub punk movement but now its grown into its own genre (thats basically most of what i no about it )

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  00:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
HAHHAAHAHHA!!! GET OUT!!!!!!!! jk

Wrong hardcore pal ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  00:26:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
yea, this board is for hardcore rave music.. sorry!

Squishy Star
Advanced Member

United States
2,242 posts
Squishy Star has attended 15 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  00:28:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Squishy Star's homepage
Well...a few types of hardcore are: happy hardcore, trancecore, gabber, old skool, speedcore, breakbeats and um...freeform. I can't really explain how you're able to tell the difference though. Sorry...
As for dancing...just dance. and have fun.
I guess you can say there are different ways of dancing; such as Liquid dancing. I know there's another term used for this but I'm not quite sure of it right now.
Bands- I don't think there are any bands in the hardcore scene, but there are groups such as CLSM.

...Wait a minute! Did I see the word "punk" in this thread?! o__o Sorry, but this forum/site isn't about um...the "Punk"-Rock Scene.

Edited by - Squishy Star on 2004/04/21 00:30:19
DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  00:33:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage
lovethescene who in the **** are you since when is Hatebreed happy anyway they are like a Satanic band lol, this aint Slipknot hardcore (ps when they bringing out their new album" and this is the HAPPYHARDCORE Webstite

DJ Superman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,192 posts

46 hardcore releases
DJ Superman has donated money to the site DJ Superman has attended 15 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  04:15:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Superman's homepage
haha, whoops!!!!

lovethescene
Starting Member

Canada
7 posts
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  04:25:47  Show profile  Send a private message
then you have never read any of hatebreeds lyrics ;), but ofcoarse living life druge free and hoping for a better future is too hard to ask from you drugged up ravers ;), o and for the recode just because hardcore( the kind im talking about) is heavy it doesnt mean it demonic actually most if not all of the lyrics in hardcore songs are anti-drug, political, or informative, and have nothing to do with slipknot type bands:P

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  04:44:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
mole; there was no need for that.. it was an honest mistake by him..

DJ Superman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,192 posts

46 hardcore releases
DJ Superman has donated money to the site DJ Superman has attended 15 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  04:56:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Superman's homepage
easy! we're not drugged up ravers at all, and a hell of a lot of people on here know about bands like hatebreed, agnostic front, chimera, sikth etc ...... i'm not sure if there are forums for that kind of hardcore but i'm afraid this isn't one of them

good luck!
!

Dj Mynd Tryck

United States
146 posts
Dj Mynd Tryck has attended 12 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  07:23:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Mynd Tryck's homepage
Well not all of us are druged up ravers lol j/p

DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  09:26:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage
Sorry virus, my bad, yeah but the music he listens to is acutually called Mosh music not hardcore, he is right about hardcore punk though but Hatebreed & Slipknot are Mosher Music.

Lazerath

United Kingdom
276 posts
Lazerath has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  11:04:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lazerath's homepage
The hardcore scene is defined excellently by the music thats all you need to know the scene But the music is not mosher... ie hatebreed.
The music is headenist ie bonkers, hhc 4 eva, and all the many others.
Hardcore when said in these terms refers to the pairing of anthems and chillouts and many classic funnys with heavy BASS tunes and much love in the tune... That IS hardcore....

If lovethescene is really a mosher then he wouldn't have come here... maybe hes a lost wonderer in which case we need to bring him in and convert him to the rightous path of holy hardcore...

Who have you converted today???

in the past 3 weeks i have converted 2 hip hop boys and 3 moshers and introduced a comercial dance lad to the true nature.
a Grand total of 6 people converted....

Hardcore Forever. True And Thru. Never Let It End.

JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
JesterDJ has donated money to the site JesterDJ has attended 14 events
Posted - 2004/04/21 :  15:54:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
there is a simple mistake here though. correct me if i'm wrong people but i'm thinkin that about 99.9 percent of people on this site would only think of hardcore as raving hardcore type thing, the stuf we listen (which is fair enough that is what this site is for) but there is another actual genre that is also called hardcore and is about the punk rock scene. now i don't know far too much about all that at all myself, but a close friend of mine listens to that music and i remember specifically about 3 weeks ago we talked about our musics and how things are coming along for both our music preferences and he raised the point how weird it is that two completely different music styles have been given the same genre name of Hardcore.
hope that clears stuff for anyone, if it does my life has not been in vain.

If pac-man really had an effect on us, we'd all be runnin' round in dark rooms, listening to repetitive music and munching pills!!!

*.*Jester*.*

Help your favourite charity for free - www.everyclick.com

B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2004/04/22 :  11:04:45  Show profile  Send a private message
drugged up ravers?! i resent that!

"Belong To The Hardcore Regime! Wake Up From Your Synthetic Dreams!....WE Are Your Future!!!"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page