Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  19:58:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djhixxy1:
Will someone please tell me what kind of hardcore CD 3 is?

Its called Gabber. How can you not like it?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djhixxy1

United Kingdom
107 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:12:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uproar:
quote:

Like I said before, I prefer music with a bouncy tune that makes you feel good (toytown, timebomb, elysium, children of the night, just about everything on hardcore nation 2).

CD 3 sounds worse than metal to me, it's music you could quite easily mosh (headbang) to. Don't get me wrong.. Scott can make good music, but that CD is just disappointing.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:15:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"It's much better than the Dougal and Gammer mix (which is less of a mix an more a load of their own tracks slapped together)"

.... no.

Gammers part of the CD starts w/ "Sensory Vision Pt 2".

CDJay

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:35:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
djhixxy1 theres ****ing nowt wrong with gabber!!.....or metal!! although i doo LOVE a bit of bouncy cheesy hardcore CUMMON!! ( i often find my self moshing to gabber :-P what else can you do HA HA HA)

im getting my copy tomorrow, from the track samples on juno i think my fav disc will def be scotty n neophytes, but am loving the track tripod on DnG's mix!!!

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

djhixxy1

United Kingdom
107 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:46:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
djhixxy1 theres ****ing nowt wrong with gabber!!.....or metal!! although i doo LOVE a bit of bouncy cheesy hardcore CUMMON!! ( i often find my self moshing to gabber :-P what else can you do HA HA HA)

We're all entitled to our own opinions, and mine is that gabber is the worst kind of music I've ever tortured my ears with.

Edit: before anyone replies with something like "so why are you on happyhardcore.com?".. I signed up for happyhardcore.com, not moodyshittyhardcore.com

Edited by - djhixxy1 on 2005/12/05 20:49:26
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:51:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gammer:
its not a mix, its all my own tracks slapped together ;)

(hi btw)

Ooooo sarcy, I like it.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:55:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like I said before, I prefer music with a bouncy tune that makes you feel good (toytown, timebomb, elysium, children of the night, just about everything on hardcore nation 2).

CD 3 sounds worse than metal to me, it's music you could quite easily mosh (headbang) to. Don't get me wrong.. Scott can make good music, but that CD is just disappointing.

eh no all hes other stuff is dissapointing, well the newer stuff

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  20:57:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by Gammer:
its not a mix, its all my own tracks slapped together ;)

(hi btw)

Ooooo sarcy, I like it.

sarcy and not scared to speak the truth jk

cd 1 and 4 are doing it for me. i prefer more of the songs on cd 1 but the mixing on cd 4 is a LOT better than cd 1 imo. ill be giving the other two cd's a listen tomorrow so ill edit then

Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  21:10:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage  Reply with quote
I must admit, I did have my doubts about Bonkers 15. But as soon as I played Hixxy & Re-Con's CD all those doubts went out the window. ;)

Hixxy & Re-Con

A definate improvement from Bonkers 14. I think Re-Con's magic touch made this mix fantastic.

Paradise - See The Light (Sy & Unknown Remix) - I can't get enough of this tune. A Quosh slammer!

Hixxy & Re-Con - Love Comes - Glad to hear some more of Re-Con's vocal skills.

Access 3 - Promised Land (Squad-E Remix) - This tune is originally Scouse House and this remix is ****ing unbelievable.

Whizzkid & Gammer - Scream - "Take you back to the Old Skool but with new rules...." Class tune!

Sharkey & Marc Smith

I think this mix would have been better with some of Gammer's Freeform. But still a shit hot mix.

Cube::Hard & CLSM - See You On The Other Side - Wicked vocal track. Loving it!

Fergus Mayhem - Take Control - A mint tune but I didn't expect to see it in this mix.

Scott Brown & Neophyte

I thought this mix was going to be a slammer. And I was right. Could have done with some of Gammer's Gabber. ;)

Scott Brown - Capital Murder - What a tune! I just love the sample.

Plus System - This Is How We Do It (Scott Brown Hardcore Mix) - Better than the original by a mile.

Hardcore United - Time To Make A Stand - 10/10

Neophyte & Lenny Dee - The Future Preists Of Now - The best tune on this mix.

Dougal & Gammer

What an immense mix. The only fault I can find with this mix is Dougal & Gammer Ft. Lisa Marie - Open Ur Eyes. Its shite.

Adam Harris - My Star (Brisk & V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D. Remix) - Its a mint tune, but the vocals arn't as good as Heaven Above.

Jenna - All The Tears I've Cried - I love the vocals.

CLSM Ft. Ant Jonhson - Sensory Vision Pt. 2 - The best tune on the mix and the whole CD. Ant Johnson is quickly becoming one of my favorite vocalists. "I want to face rape Paris Hilton" 11/10

Gammer - A New Feeling - Gammer's best tune on Bonkers 15.

Gammer - Lets All Say **** - Gammer's 2nd best tune on Bonkers 15.

All in all...... What an immense CD. Full of slamming tunes that will see me through to 2006.

djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  21:15:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
Come to think of it that was a bit harsh... sorry Gammer. Just not my pick of the bunch. Oh and top tune in "Rock The Dancefloor" :)

To CDJ there are 11 of Gammers tunes (or remixes) on that CD. That's the point I was trying to make.

Loz_e
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
772 posts
Loz_e has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  21:31:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Loz_e's homepage  Reply with quote
Love it

nuff sed!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  22:35:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"To CDJ there are 11 of Gammers tunes (or remixes) on that CD. That's the point I was trying to make."

... and how many of them are after Sensory Vision?

"CLSM Ft. Ant Jonhson - Sensory Vision Pt. 2 - The best tune on the mix and the whole CD."

You speak much sense, sire. It's staggering to think that the majority of hardcore DJs wouldn't include it on an album mix.

CDJay

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  22:57:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know how you feel. When I first started listening gabber was not my favorite. But now, I can't stop listening once I start. By the way, Scott Brown is just as accomplished as a Gabber producer/DJ as he is a UK Hardcore producer/DJ.

And, on all of the Bonkers CD's Scott Brown finishes off with some gabber tracks, this time it is the whole shabang, and it kicks ass. You really have to get into it, it is some of the best produced hardcore out there.

Try Blow Da Club Down by The Viper, a good sort of middle ground track.

djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2005/12/05 :  23:40:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
.. and how many of them are after Sensory Vision?

erm, 5 after and 6 before it. I don't know what your trying to say? (I'm not being funny with u when I say that lol)

But your right about Sensory Vision being one of the best tunes on the CD I'll give u that.

djhixxy1

United Kingdom
107 posts
Posted - 2005/12/06 :  00:14:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
The only fault I can find with this mix is Dougal & Gammer Ft. Lisa Marie - Open Ur Eyes. Its shite.

That's my favourite track on the 4th cd

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page