Bonkers 15 - Your thoughts?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
GoBeserk

United Kingdom
88 posts
Posted - 2008/03/09 :  21:52:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GoBeserk's homepage  Reply with quote
scott brown n neophytes disc
i can still remember me looking at the track list n thinking whoa thats all gabber
n then listening to the start of nocturnal rituals

'noo-c-c-cturnal rituals BANG BANG BANG'

perfection.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  10:49:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Listening to this today. Another very fcuking strong Bonkers.

I'm going bonkers for Bonkers lately.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  11:19:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
you're really starting to make me foam now jay diggin these all old threads up

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  11:31:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry man.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  11:40:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
hurry up and dig bonkers 10 up thats my favourite one

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  12:20:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Bonkers 10 never really did that much for me, to be honest. I've got a long afternoon/night ahead of me in the office - so once I'm through with 15 I'll get it 10 on and give it a proper listen all the way through.

Just going back to Bonkers 15 quickly. I'm listening to Sharkey & Marc Smith's CD and it is absolutely phenomenal. When 15 came out, I wasn't into Freeform at all. I have been getting in to it over the last two years, so this must be the first time I've ever sat and listened to this mix all the way though. Jesus Christ - it is amazing!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  12:34:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
often I've found that the very first bonkers a person was introduced to (or found) tends to be their favourite one

my least favourite Bonkers was 11...but there are people who's absolute favourite is that one..surprise surprise, it was also their first one!

somthing to do with having a soft gooey warm feeling when they think about their first ever bonkers.

my dad bought me my first ever bonkers, he brought 2, 3 and 4 back (i think).
on another trip he brought me back the others that had been released 1, 5 and 6..
which thinking about it, as you don't as a kid, that must have cost him a fortune (considering back in 97-98 compilations were retailing at 15 still... thankyou dad!

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  12:35:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
10 was the 1st bonkers i heard so thats probably why i am fond of it so much, that bullet in the gun remix used to really hit the spot lol

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  12:37:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Bonkers 15 is probably my favourite of all the "nu skool" bonkers
though 10 is pretty damn awesome too.

for me its because I enjoyed all 3 disks, and for the 4th..well, I wasn't fond on the gabber one, there are a couple on there I like..but I always enjoyed having the gabber section at the end with a few really good gabber tracks...entire cd of it just felt like a whole cd of filler tracks.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2012/06/12 13:03:15
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  12:53:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
16 was the weakest one for me, all cds very poor imo.

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  12:57:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
often I've found that the very first bonkers a person was introduced to (or found) tends to be their favourite one

my least favourite Bonkers was 11...but there are people who's absolute favourite is that one..surprise surprise, it was also their first one!

11 was my first but scott brown's mix i think was very strong. Taste the rainbow, definition of a bad boy, angel eyes, self destruction, blue anthem... theres more but jst an incredibly strong cd as opposed to a strong bonkers.

15 is my favourite bonkers as a whole

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/06/12 :  14:02:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

I think Bonkers 5 or 6 are probably my least favourite. I don't neccesarily like 7 more in terms of the ammount of songs i would listen to on it, but i think it's much stronger in terms of originality and track selection. In 1998 there were some really really good tunes and Bonkers 5/6 just skip right over them in favour of poor artists' (of the mixes in question) songs (this is why i prefer the Hardcore Heaven series, always a real mixture of tunes instead of just an artist showcase).

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/06/12 14:03:19
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/06/13 :  00:23:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
I guess I'm one of the few exceptions. I remember downloading 10 and 11 from a filesharing program. I guess those were officially considered my first. But definitely by far 15 is my favorite. It is the first one I actually bought a physical copy of too.

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/06/13 :  18:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
I started with X and XI as well, but I really enjoyed 15. I used to put a mix on everynight during my freshmen year in high school before I went to sleep. Those were the days :P

Also I must say the transition from We Can Do This to Spending My Time always gets me pumped. So much energy!

- As for the bonkers series the ones I currently own are my favorite: 1, 5, 6, 7, X, XI, 13, 14, 15 16 & Best of. But I also LOVE Bonkers 2...should get me a copy of it sometime son.

Edited by - carldj90 on 2012/06/13 18:41:51
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/06/13 :  18:50:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by carldj90:
- As for the bonkers series the ones I currently own are my favorite: 1, 5, 6, 7, X, XI, 13, 14, 15 16 & Best of. But I also LOVE Bonkers 2...should get me a copy of it sometime son.

Definitely pick up 9 and 12 man. They are fantastic.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page