Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Has happy hardcore really died?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djtonyboy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  13:04:47  Show profile Send a private message
has happy hardcore died? This is a question I ask myself over and over.
when was the last time u heard a happy hardcore tune that was really good.
it's been years since i heard a good one and now allsorts of djs are mixing happy hardcore into trance and hardhouse. If you know any good recent happy hardcore tunes please tell me.

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  13:21:18  Show profile  Send a private message
yes happy hardcore has died, from now on we are going to imitate every other form of music out there until we get our fan base back =P

probably my fav tune right now would either be ham's - and i'm back or chris e manic, lukozade & uplift's - poached & scrambled
ok so maybe 3 if you throw brutal on there =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  13:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message
whens the last time theres been a decent happyhardcore event
in the u.k
theres plenty of hardcore events where dj's might play 1 or 2 hhc tunes
and at slammin vinyl u never see a happyhardcore room oh no
oldskool, hardcore, drum and bass and garage but no happyhardcore.
ah well hardcore's just as good

" when ya dont know where to go and lifes kinda slow ya gotta hit the raves and let your body lose control release the tension the pressure is high roll with the flow get high on the ride"

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  13:50:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
trance sucks big time.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  14:26:53  Show profile  Send a private message
Don't get me wrong but aint Hardcore room at slammin colective for happy hardcore, hardcore, techno and hard dance ( ie trancecore, hard house)...Theres loadsa good new tunes out jst chek the threads to the blaze and nimrod tunes on this site.....or just buy urself a new tape pack and here sum of teh other banging new material....n as for happy hardcore being dead....take a look around this site...and ush.net and u'll see the revival of happy hardcore is in full swing:D

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  15:27:00  Show profile  Send a private message
^^wow what an improvement in spelling! lol

i always say hardcore never died,it just went underground,and now it's coming back with a bang

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

FinnHawk

Canada
25 posts
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  15:58:43  Show profile  Send a private message
good riddance!

R.I.P.

j/k

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  16:46:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
I don't think happy hardcore has died. Tracks nowdays, from what I have heard, have just as much variety as in earlier times. There are still many DJs playing happyhard and I agree this website is nore than enough evidence that the scene has not died.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  18:11:54  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Hardcore didn't really die, there was enough core people to keep it alive from about 96-2000 (the dark ages of hardcore)... but there is a new generation of hardcore lovers now and 2002 and beyond is going to be massive!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

NightSoul
Average Member

United Kingdom
238 posts
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  19:42:51  Show profile  Send a private message
the h/hcore is still flowing,
with me tho, still stuck in the yester'year stuff, (and thats a good thing) :)
but i like some of the newer happycore tracks that are out @ the mo :)

From The Dawn Of Time Mankind Has Striven For Immortality, From The Ashes Of The Devastated Nuclear Wilderness, Humanity Has Risen Exploting The Electronic Forces Of Knowledge.....This Is
*Rezerection*

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/18 :  23:17:17  Show profile  Send a private message
Hmm funny this topic came up...From the sounds of it and looking at releases n such it appears Happy hardcore is growing phenomenally around the world. Yet here in Winnipeg there hasn't been an actually party that featured a happy hardcore set since January 12!!! :( IMAGINE THAT.
We used to get at least one set at every other party...now we don’t even see that. We have wicked locals too! (ex. Justrich & Phosphor) I wonder when people in Winnipeg will learn to appreciate happycore, or any hardcore for that matter...until then the only venue I get to dance to happycore in is my house...and well my floorboards are starting to take a beating :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  00:59:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
Happy Hardcore never died. Admittedly it did go WAAAAAAAAY down deep underground at one stage (so much so that most people just couldn't get hold of stuff....me included, but then I live in a backwater lmao).

However, it is making a comeback now big style. All the big names on the scene are flooding the market with quality tunes (Raver/Jelly Baby, Blaze! to name a few), and more and more people are hearing it and pricking up their ears. The number of people I have played some of the new stuff to who despised hardcore for being "cheesy wank" (their words not mine lol) are now saying "Hey I actually quite liked that".

All this can only be good for the scene, and proof that it can be big once more. The only thing really lacking right now is outlets for the tunes to be spun....theres absolutely sod all in the way of events (although Step-Back are back in Manchester...with Sy playing tonite ....and I can't fecking go ..sorry rant over lol). What the scene needs now is for events to start springing up...especially up North lol.

Theres so much good stuff out there at teh mo, it would be a shame to see it go to waste....

Matthew aka cyclone/Underloop
--------------------------
"Wait a minute, thats not the Monsterometer, its the Frog Exagerator"

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  01:17:42  Show profile  Send a private message
well said, happy hardcore has NEVER left, never will.
There is no other kind of music that gives you the happy feeling that HHC does, thats enough to keep it around forever,
ive been to a few clubs and its like a specialty when the Happy hardcore comes on, EVERYONE LOVES IT, Those who always liked happy hardcore are spreading it about more, and those who didn't stick with the scene, are realising what they are missing and are quite confidently buying into happy hardcore.
plus, ive noticed a very young generation 11,12 talking more about hhc, they love it, ive heard my wee bro talk about hhc being played at wee teeine boppin discos and everyone loves it.

The scene is very much alive.....

the happy hardcore ravers dance, smile and loose control

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  03:24:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage

hahahahaha im not sure if your joking with this post, coz if not you don’t know how wrong you are in finking that it has died.

To be fair here we go …..

I suppose the term happyhardcore in this country has been killed. Mainly due to a load of craply made choons round about late 98/99 and early 2000. The name happyhardcore is hardly used now coz of this.

No way has hardcore died tho, as said already, it did die rite down at a point and the big promotions started to drop it from there events, maily dreamscape. Helter skilter finished on 1/1/01. no more flyers with hardcore on them either.

Wot happened now woz small raves started to play hardcore and slowly it started to raise again. Future dance being 1 of the main 1s. Slammin vinyl finally did a huge event at the sanctuary(helter skleters last rave) and bang new hardcore, still soe of the classics that were played over and over again, but there woz lots of new stuff too, and good, well made stuff at that. Hixxys set woz the ****ing nuts.

From there its just got biger and bigger and I am seeing more and more new ravers, more and more new djs/ producers and mcs coming thru onto the scene that once did look done for.

If you are after the more happy side of hardcore I would look at www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk

Some stuff is trancy most of the BB stuff but they seem to be sticking to a lot of the happy stuff.

whens the last time theres been a decent happyhardcore event
in the u.k
theres plenty of hardcore events where dj's might play 1 or 2 hhc tunes
and at slammin vinyl u never see a happyhardcore room oh no
oldskool, hardcore, drum and bass and garage but no happyhardcore.
ah well hardcore's just as good

im taking it you don’t go raving at all m8, or you don’t really come from the uk. or your taking the p1ss but i dont fink you are.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  05:11:20  Show profile  Send a private message
well said!!!

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

Dream-Scape

United Kingdom
75 posts
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  07:08:42  Show profile  Send a private message
come on hardcore, HOW old do u have 2 be to get in a rave ?

Bonkers forever

Buzzin !!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page