Printer friendly
Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/01/27 :  10:39:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
I was about to ask if it happened but then I saw Technikore stating last year that Hixxy lost all tracks due to a hard drive failure...

Surely hixxy?s hard drive wasn?t the only place where all of these tracks were saved?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/01/27 :  10:47:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
to poor to buy a pioneer quad layer blu-ray drive and store 120GB for 1000 years

a single disc cost £70 and more then the drive on amazon

Edited by - Guest on 2018/01/27 10:53:01
DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2018/01/27 :  10:49:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
If Hixxy still has the DATs, it would be possible to get the tracks, but there is way more work behind it.

Technikores words were "He tragically lost everything in a hard drive backup accident a few years back mate.", on facebook, replying to Bad Corey

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2018/01/27 10:51:14
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/01/27 :  10:56:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
still would have to pay the studio time to access the DAT tape, most people are all digital and have control surfaces for the DAW

play the DAT into a DAW and record each channel into a wav and zip it up, and put them on a blu-ray disc

to play it back on a modern digital mixer, is just some ASIO routing in the DAW, which is the input and output drop list on the mixer in FL Studio

Edited by - Guest on 2018/01/27 11:09:06
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  06:06:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
the last option would be just ripping the tracks from vinyl thats in mint condition

sebastianNL

Netherlands
44 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  09:52:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sebastianNL's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
the last option would be just ripping the tracks from vinyl thats in mint condition

yeah would be a good option. I would pay for that :)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  11:23:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Which is friggin hard to do. If you dont mind a few crackles or pops that's fine, but Raverbaby's trackrecord with clean vinyls is quite spotty :P

Also, I guess it was a lie that he said that the tracks where all uploaded to various stores? I think he said that 10 years ago

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2018/01/28 11:23:46
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  12:03:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
its not that hard, you just need some isopropyl alcohol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPA-100-1-LITRE-Lab-Grade-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Isopropanol-99-1L/141522873981?epid=1248739107&hash=item20f36bae7d:g:ACEAAOSwzrxUsbES

and some microfibre cloths

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIONAL-LARGE-MICROFIBRE-CLOTHS-CAR-CLEANING-DETAILING-SOFT-DUSTER-TOWEL/332287141621?hash=item4d5ddb66f5:m:mQc5y4ZZ-HGhMOmDIGnXf-w

Edited by - Guest on 2018/01/28 12:04:20
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  13:03:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Which is friggin hard to do. If you dont mind a few crackles or pops that's fine, but Raverbaby's trackrecord with clean vinyls is quite spotty :P

Also, I guess it was a lie that he said that the tracks where all uploaded to various stores? I think he said that 10 years ago

As I mentioned in a previous post, I find it hard to believe that Hixxys hard drive was the only place where these tracks were stored. Given that the majority of the tunes on the label were not even produced by him, its a poor excuse.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2018/01/28 13:03:50
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  16:56:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Recording them off the records is definitely a viable last resort, but that would be an insult to the superior quality of digital audio. I would pay for that, but I would still rather have digital originals if they can locate them.

Honestly I would rather own the records myself if the "digital" release is going to be done that way.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  18:30:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPA-100-1-LITRE-Lab-Grade-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Isopropanol-99-1L/141522873981?epid=1248739107&hash=item20f36bae7d:g:ACEAAOSwzrxUsbES

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIONAL-LARGE-MICROFIBRE-CLOTHS-CAR-CLEANING-DETAILING-SOFT-DUSTER-TOWEL/332287141621?hash=item4d5ddb66f5:m:mQc5y4ZZ-HGhMOmDIGnXf-w

Yea... I'd love to dissolve my vinyl records to get them squeaky clean

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  19:26:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

Yea... I'd love to dissolve my vinyl records to get them squeaky clean

it won't dissolve anything, people have been using witch hazal for decades, its near enough the same thing, witch hassle is a few percent less pure

its practically witch hazal, without a touch of water and a fragrance to make it smell like roses or something so your mum can remove her eye liner

Edited by - Guest on 2018/01/28 19:38:17
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  20:14:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I use that kind of shit at work, and I'm pretty sure that eats through rubber and plastic if you dont get it off properly. So no thanks. Now shuddup before I drown you in aceton

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  20:49:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
Hixxy, Styles & Breeze have them all, so they are not lost and most other big DJ's have them.

It's crazy to think that unless you are one of the few that do have the tracks or the top tier and wanted to do a classic UK Hardcore set from 01/05 you would have to use vinyl (nothing wrong with that) or a good vinyl rip.

On a different note it's a shame that we don't get to hear those German Hard Trance tunes Hixxy use to play in his sets in classic sets these days, technically speaking they was not Hardcore but still a big part of the scene in that time.

Edited by - Bring Me Round To Love on 2018/01/28 20:51:34
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/01/28 :  20:58:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I use that kind of shit at work, and I'm pretty sure that eats through rubber and plastic if you dont get it off properly. So no thanks. Now shuddup before I drown you in aceton

no, its used to clean nearly everything, glass, phones, flesh cuts by the ambulance, womans makeup, vinyl records, wherever bleech will damage a surface

its why alot of cleaning products smell of alcohol.... it is alcohol

Edited by - Guest on 2018/01/28 21:07:50

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page