Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  16:52:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
if he is ignoring all the points you're making then theres a small chance you are both being trolled?

Unfortunately I think this guy is genuinely retarded.

LOL.

It's actually distressing to read his posts. You're sat there going "No no no No No NO NO!! You simply aren't absorbing anything, you stupid penis".

LoveThaCore: If you want to listen to this new style - no worries. If you want to make topics about it on here, about new tunes etc - no worries. But you can go and fcuk yourself in the face if you think that those of us that don't like, don't like it because it sounds too "current". I don't like it because I think it sounds shit, and I don't think it resembles Hardcore, in any form, from any era.

It's the equivalent of everyone loving pizzas. Then, one year, someone invents a pizza with dog food on it. Some people are like "Oh My GOD - how good is this Dog Food Pizza?! Absolutely amazing! Can't wait for some stuffed crust remixes!!" Some people are like "Ahh man, this Dog Food Pizza tastes like Dog Food. Not cool. I'm just gonna order the Pepperoni with extra 2006 Scott Brown Sauce from now on, just like normal ". Then the Dog Food Pizza fans are all like "Oh My God, how can you not like this Dog Food Pizza? It's the most current kind of Pizza there is?! Pizza Hut needs to expand it's menu, otherwise it's gonna die. You hate Dog Food Pizza because you secretly like it and are afraid of it".

Dog Food Pizza tastes like shit.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  16:57:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Hahahaha Jay, that was perfect.
Now watch as he posts something completely ignoring that.
Reminds me of high school
which I'm currently posting from btw :p

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  17:22:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Also, you're stating it as if everyone into today's hardcore will quit the scene to be replaced with dubstep fans. That sure didnt happen with the transfer from Happy to UK.

It did with a lot of producers...and fans actually. Anyone who was raving between those years will tell you the scene changed completely. Have you been to a rave?

Nope, so I am guessing on alot of things - although that's quite a depressing thought to imagine the hardcore I know changing completely and losing all the ravers/prpducers I know. I guess Its a taste of what happened with happy hardcore.

Vinylgroover
Triple J
DNA
Justin Time
JHAL (Fade & Bananaman)
E-Logic
Force
Stompy
Trixxy
Faber
Demo
Vibes & Wishdokta
Debatably you could say Bang! too as his tunes have only really been remixed since then save 1 or 2.

All these guys had massive classics, and I'm not counting the DJs that quit too, and all the smaller names that weren't as big. The venues changed, the sound got clubbier and so on - the scene absolutely changed.

IMO the difference between then and now is that back then there wasn't such a massive internet culture for hardcore like there is now, that's why history won't repeat itself - trancey hardcore is still in massive demand and small bedroom-labels can keep it alive thanks to the power of the internet. The scene will split between "electro hardcore" and "trance hardcore", and looking at the quality of the music coming from either side (note: MUSIC, not 'production') I would say the "electro hardcore" side is going to have to pull something very, very special out of its arse if it wants to keep up. Split scene means less ravers, and when your career is balanced on a spin-off of a commercial CD series (Not saying this is a bad thing) you really do need those numbers and that demand or else AATW won't make enough money back to make a sequel worthwhile and will cut you off.

It's happening right as we speak; Some people are only following freeform, some people are only following HU, some people only following Kniteforce and the breakbeat stuff, some only follow J-Core, some only following Clubland...if the internet was like it is now in 2001, DNA would have had a dedicated following for his Breakbeat hardcore and wouldn't have quit the scene in the same way, it's exactly as Luna-C said; the internet has changed the game and if you don't keep up you will die a dinosaur.

Edited by - NekoShuffle on 2012/01/19 17:23:45
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  17:27:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
quote:
if he is ignoring all the points you're making then theres a small chance you are both being trolled?

LOL.

It's actually distressing to read his posts. You're sat there going "No no no No No NO NO!! You simply aren't absorbing anything, you stupid penis".

LoveThaCore: If you want to listen to this new style - no worries. If you want to make topics about it on here, about new tunes etc - no worries. But you can go and fcuk yourself in the face if you think that those of us that don't like, don't like it because it sounds too "current". I don't like it because I think it sounds shit, and I don't think it resembles Hardcore, in any form, from any era.

It's the equivalent of everyone loving pizzas. Then, one year, someone invents a pizza with dog food on it. Some people are like "Oh My GOD - how good is this Dog Food Pizza?! Absolutely amazing! Can't wait for some stuffed crust remixes!!" Some people are like "Ahh man, this Dog Food Pizza tastes like Dog Food. Not cool. I'm just gonna order the Pepperoni with extra 2006 Scott Brown Sauce from now on, just like normal ". Then the Dog Food Pizza fans are all like "Oh My God, how can you not like this Dog Food Pizza? It's the most current kind of Pizza there is?! Pizza Hut needs to expand it's menu, otherwise it's gonna die. You hate Dog Food Pizza because you secretly like it and are afraid of it".

Oh. My. Goodness. That was the best thing I've read in a long time.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  17:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL.

GIGANTIC PISSING MY PANTS LOLS!

Where did that come from? The mild mannered Mr nice guy of Hardcore can take no more!

I genuinely love you even more now Jay!

Edited by - djDMS on 2012/01/19 17:55:00
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  18:07:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Ha ha!! I wasn't even drunk, but I bet I'll regret it in the morning.

LoveThaCore - no offence meant man.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  18:35:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Ha ha!! I wasn't even drunk, but I bet I'll regret it in the morning.

LoveThaCore - no offence meant man.

regret what? that some arse doesn't care for other people's oppinion? =P

And LoveThaCore: How much have rock n roll music changed since 1980s? except for how they dress, not much. Not much compared to how Hardcore seems to evolve.

and hardcore can always exist as it is! You don't need to throw a big ****ing party together to have it work. Most of the newcomers don't have producing as a job (or are still in school) so they don't loose money on not producing.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/01/19 18:37:22
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  19:26:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoveThaCore:
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Yeah it just a magical thing we have to do - to hate and slate Clubland.

Seriously mate the ****ing discussions we've had on this forum and you still haven't ****ing read a single post. Its been made clear WHY we dont like some of the producers or the style of music. Its not something we just do for no reason.

Clubland sits high and pretty at the top of the charts because it cbought its way there. It has the capital to put out a shitty advert and promote it everywhere HU5 cant. Remarkably HU5 is still on average 2 less expensive and it has 1 more CD. Go figure. Its not just the music on there that makes it commercial...

Ive said the same thing over and over again, so Im not going to say it again. Waste of my time. This genre is heading down a slippery slope, and I will watch it **** everything up from afar.

hehe Well I'm sorry you just did waste your time with that paragraph.
The only thing it will **** up is the haters like you!! Hopefully they will leave the scene and take their negativity and jadedness somewhere else. And allow all the new generations of ravers to enjoy a genre that is taking the scene by storm and in a fresh direction instead of listening to the same rehashed stuff you like. Yes your jealousy is ****ed up as is your attitude and your welcome to watch from a far as things progress for the better.

Im not a hater. A hater is someone who hates for the sake of it. I genuinely care about the style of music I listen to and produce, and only negative opinion changes the bearing of music. If we sit down and not care, it'll change without opposition. Its opinion. In my opinion dubcore is terrible. I hate it, but I have reason to hate it. A hater hates without reason, so would you can the 'hater' shit. Breeze does the same, disregards anyone with negative opinions as haters. This is a ****ed up type of music, and it seriously doesnt appeal to me to be a part of it anymore.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  21:31:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
To summarise the opinion of LoveThaCore:
Does he really wants Hardcore music to follow every media forced quick fashion that is hot at the moment?
Like: if Fartcore is popular than make Hardcore switch to Fartcore sounds...?

In this case, I must say: I miss the times were a lot of genres looked up to Happy Hardcore and got influenced by it.
Copycore will loose all the time!

LoveThaCore: Listen to to the roots of Hardcore (either if it's the 4/4 Dutch/German or breakbeat british one) and you will understand why neither the Dubstep, nor the Electro influences will ever help Hardcore to develope to any good. It's good for only one thing: killing Hardcore. Its sounds is completely the opposite of what Hardcore has been standing for.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

LovesTheCore
Starting Member

Australia
1 post
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  06:38:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LovesTheCore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Triquatra:

Wow what big words behind the screen You sure do mention penis a lot. Is this because your dad does you with his while you eat the dogfoodpizza??? Come on, don't be shy JAY. It's your idea:)

Also I don't dismiss anyone, I'm just not afraid to say what I like. Why can't the two genres co exist trance core and electro dub core? Evertime I say I like this genre or anyone else does, Neko goes off his tree lol. Just check the posts which you say I don't read. Like seriously, do you seriously think Breeze, Recon, Gammer, Klubfiller, Styles are going to say. OH KNOW WE"D BETTER STOP MAKING ELECTRO AND DUBS IN OUR TRACKS BECAUSE SOME ANGRY INTERNET CHILD CALLED NECKO AND HIS FOLLOWERS ARE CONSTANTLY SLATING THIS SOUND AND GETTING VERY ANGRY. EVEN THOUGH THE LAST TWO HARDCORE TRACKS OF THE YEAR HAVE BEEN OF THIS GENRE AND CROWDS STILL DANCE TO THEM. Neko do you really think they will listen to you??

I've been spinning electrodubcore at hardcore events in my home city of Perth along with a lot of the trancey hardcore djs and seems to go down really well. So I'm really not concerned what people say. As long as crowds are into it. I'lll play it.

Also I want to thank you Jay for giving me inspiration for training tonight.. I've uploaded your pic, enlarged it and stuck it to my punching bag. Should be a good training session after AFL. Punching around a bag with your face on it lol BOOM:)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  08:47:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
UK and Aussie scene are completly different, and why did you make a new login? Ban evasion if your account gets banned or something?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  11:08:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LovesTheCore:

Wow what big words behind the screen You sure do mention penis a lot. Is this because your dad does you with his while you eat the dogfoodpizza??? Come on, don't be shy JAY. It's your idea:)

Also I don't dismiss anyone, I'm just not afraid to say what I like. Why can't the two genres co exist trance core and electro dub core? Evertime I say I like this genre or anyone else does, Neko goes off his tree lol. Just check the posts which you say I don't read. Like seriously, do you seriously think Breeze, Recon, Gammer, Klubfiller, Styles are going to say. OH KNOW WE"D BETTER STOP MAKING ELECTRO AND DUBS IN OUR TRACKS BECAUSE SOME ANGRY INTERNET CHILD CALLED NECKO AND HIS FOLLOWERS ARE CONSTANTLY SLATING THIS SOUND AND GETTING VERY ANGRY. EVEN THOUGH THE LAST TWO HARDCORE TRACKS OF THE YEAR HAVE BEEN OF THIS GENRE AND CROWDS STILL DANCE TO THEM. Neko do you really think they will listen to you??

I've been spinning electrodubcore at hardcore events in my home city of Perth along with a lot of the trancey hardcore djs and seems to go down really well. So I'm really not concerned what people say. As long as crowds are into it. I'lll play it.

Also I want to thank you Jay for giving me inspiration for training tonight.. I've uploaded your pic, enlarged it and stuck it to my punching bag. Should be a good training session after AFL. Punching around a bag with your face on it lol BOOM:)

Ha ha! Hardly big words. As people who know me will testify, the last thing I'll ever try and be is intimidating.

I've obviously pissed you off. That wasn't - at all - what I meant to do. I just wanted you to see that it's not an irrational hate. Or, hate for hate's sake. I don't actually hate it. I just don't think it's Hardcore. As for your co-exist question - I'm with you!! I can't remember what thread it was in, but recently that's exactly what I said/think should happen.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2012/01/20 11:26:18
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  13:43:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LovesTheCore:

Ha ha! Hardly big words. As people who know me will testify, the last thing I'll ever try and be is intimidating.

I've obviously pissed you off. That wasn't - at all - what I meant to do. I just wanted you to see that it's not an irrational hate. Or, hate for hate's sake. I don't actually hate it. I just don't think it's Hardcore. As for your co-exist question - I'm with you!! I can't remember what thread it was in, but recently that's exactly what I said/think should happen.

Just leave him, he's the sort of retarded person who thinks fighting is the solution to every problem. And he won't even give us his DJ name so we can take a look at how much he sucks. Yawn.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  14:15:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh i see, he's one of THEM.

DaX sm00th

United Kingdom
25 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  14:54:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DaX sm00th's homepage  Reply with quote
didnt like it at 1st, but i'll freely admit i think i got carried up in the hate storm for this new sound, and after a few more listens its really starting to grow on me. It just might have been better to have maybe just breeze's mix full of this 'new-hard-electro-dubstep-whatever' sound, just for a bit more variety perhaps? and is there two different remixes of levels by avicii on hixxy & re-con's mix? But to be fair its allot better than i gave it credit for at 1st listen...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page