Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DHSS? read this!!!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  08:09:21  Show profile Send a private message
i was jus looking thru a second hand box at a record shop near me and found a fu*kin killer 10 inch and all it has on it is DHSS with 8 in the background on one side, and END on the other, 2 nasty trax anyone seen this record before and can gimme some info????

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  08:28:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Sure there is a few different releases on this label, DHSS red, blue, purple, yellow, grey, black.... can't remember them all now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  09:17:34  Show profile  Send a private message
The DHSS series is cool. I have most of them i think and they were produced by Jon Doe. DHSS 8 is good IMO, although my copy has one side that has the grooves pressed off center and it's unplayable. Might wanna throw it on a table and see if it's from the same batch as mine, or maybe my copy is a fluke...??? Although the flip is decent also so i still consider it an ok buy. I forget what tracks are on this, if no one else tells you by tomorrow when I am back at work ill edit this to add what the tracks are like ^_^

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  09:22:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Off topic: I have a record that the hole is too big and you can't DJ with that :(

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  09:45:12  Show profile  Send a private message
Off topic: Get some 45 adapters and some super glue. Then put the record down and center it on the table while the platter is spinning and then put one of the adapters down on the post and mark where it is on the record with a pencil and take the record off and glue the adapter down to the record where U ligned it up ^_^

dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  09:51:05  Show profile  Send a private message
awww no messin i got a blatent beats record a few weeks ago exactly the same thing, umm project x i think it is, u try drag it at all and it full spins =/

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  09:54:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Some records that I have got are so warped that they don't spin they stand still because the weight of the arm stops the record and the record just slips on the slipmatts.

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/05 :  10:18:55  Show profile  Send a private message
Off topic: Try heating ur oven up to about 250 degrees F and getting a very flat piece of cardboard and putting it on the middle oven rack and place the record on top of it. Bake for about 5 minutes, remove cardboard with record on it and place a huge stack of records on top of the warm record to flatten it. Let cool for 10mins and ur done.

So far I have salvaged 3 records doing this and completely melted 1 record. But the one I melted was at 350 degrees I think, i toned it down after that and has worked fine. There has been no noticeable difference in sound quality on the ones I saved. And hey, if ur not gonna use the record anyway I figure why not give it a try ^_^

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page